Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was pretty great. Irish Joe should like the end bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Joramun posted:

The incomparable Price Peterson made a tribute video in memoriam to all the TV shows that were canceled or ended this year. Advance warning: watching it feels like repeatedly getting punched in the gut, hard, and now I feel all sick and sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20pSK3YgZVM

I thought the best part of that would be giving Fringe the coveted pre-Breaking Bad slot, but then they followed it up by ending on Talking Bad. Good video.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Sober posted:

I mean it's not entirely off base that it's a spoiler where the simple reveal is the shocking bit, since you pretty much watch how Will basically goes batshit crazy over the course of the season. It doesn't make that development or that single moment less if you know or see it coming unlike other certain shock-spoilers.

Ok that's good to know. Having seen 4 or 5 episodes I had guessed that was where it was going (hell, it's a pretty safe guess after the first episode), but it's the journey more than the destination that I feel is important here which is why I called it a semi-spoiler.

Besides, scientific studies have shown that spoilers do not in any way lessen the enjoyment of a story so no worries, spoil away, I'm good. :)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sophia posted:

My strongest response had been mostly "wait that show was still on?" (Private Practice, I'm looking at you) but then... BLUES CLUES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Also the end made me laugh. I do not feel sad though except for the dog who found things in an enthusiastic way. RIP Blue.

I'm almost positive many of those were cancelled in 2012.

And Blues Clues, what the gently caress, that hasn't had new episodes in nearly a decade. Unless Nick Jr. just doesn't even show the reruns anymore? I dunno.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

And Blues Clues, what the gently caress, that hasn't had new episodes in nearly a decade. Unless Nick Jr. just doesn't even show the reruns anymore? I dunno.

I guess its like Picture Pages in that it was great filler for awhile, but eventually became so dated that its just wasn't relevant/marketable to kids anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4VCOcu4CXo

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

A whopping 8 episode run on a pay cable channel that was cancelled is the BEST SHOW OF ALL TV for 2013????

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PowerBuilder3 posted:

A whopping 8 episode run on a pay cable channel that was cancelled is the BEST SHOW OF ALL TV for 2013????

Why should the episode count, the channel it was on, or the fact that it was cancelled matter? :confused:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

True Life sure has gone downhill. There's an episode on right now that I found flipping through my program guide called "I'm Famous Online." The two subjects are a girl who is considering leaving her boyfriend behind because she wants to focus on her "exploding youtube career" and a guy who's worried that the girl he's dating is just using him for his "instagram status."

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

precision posted:

Why should the episode count, the channel it was on, or the fact that it was cancelled matter? :confused:

PowerBuilder's favorite show is The Young and the Restless, because it produces hundreds of episodes a year, is on network TV, and never gets canceled.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really tried to get into Enlightened but I just couldn't. The mood and tone was just so depressing that it made me look at the medicine cabinet. I suppose that's a strength of the show in and of itself, to be able to draw such a strong emotional reaction so quickly, but its one I'm not interested in experiencing.

raditts posted:

True Life sure has gone downhill. There's an episode on right now that I found flipping through my program guide called "I'm Famous Online." The two subjects are a girl who is considering leaving her boyfriend behind because she wants to focus on her "exploding youtube career" and a guy who's worried that the girl he's dating is just using him for his "instagram status."

That is a very funny joke and I'm going to just assume it remains that way and never, ever look up whether its real and risk destroying a little more of my faith in humanity.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 20, 2013

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

raditts posted:

I liked the one with Fatal1ty.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

That's not even a new thing, there was an episode about Internets Peoples before where the two subjects were an 18 year old nerdy girl who gets naked on cam for money and a 19-20 year old girl who was a "famous Second Life musician" and was all :ohdear: about doing an open mic show in front of REAL ACTUAL PEOPLE (spoilers: she sucked).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

How would you even have to "leave your boyfriend behind for an exploding youtube career"? Its Youtube. Isn't the point that you can kind of do that poo poo anywhere and without any real sacrifice or cost?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

This is the only truth.

Also, Enlightened is only depressing in some episodes -- Season 2 is by far one of the most optimistic shows of this decade. It's a panacea to the current trend of anti-heroes and dark critiques of society by providing quite a lot of hope.

Ubiquitous_ fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 20, 2013

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

It's back.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ubiquitous_ posted:

This is the only truth.

Also, Enlightened is only depressing in some episodes -- Season 2 is by far one of the most optimistic shows of this decade. It's a panacea to the current trend of anti-heroes and dark critiques of society by providing quite a lot of hope.

Hello noted banned rapist Azure Horizon, how have you been?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Ubiquitous_ posted:

This is the only truth.

:frogout::frogout::frogout::frogout:

Get the gently caress out, you loving rapist scumbag piece of poo poo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
noted banned rapist or not he is right about season 2. "The Ghost is Seen" and the finale especially are wonderfully optimistic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

I'm almost positive many of those were cancelled in 2012.

For some reason that list has Xavier: Renegade Angel on it which ended way back in 2009. Also it has Newsreaders (which was renewed) and Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, which I believe Adult Swim hasn't really said anything about.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Wait how can you guys tell that's Azure_Horizon?

Follow-up: was he the guy who was getting really really weird about Max, the gay character in the Happy Endings thread?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cart posted:

Follow-up: was he the guy who was getting really really weird about Max, the gay character in the Happy Endings thread?

Well there is the big red title...

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Cart posted:

Obviously nobody can be sure but not a whole hell of a lot of people drop words the way he does.

quote:

No, that was Josh Lyman. He's pretty creepy too but he hasn't confessed to rape.

Honestly, it's best to just move on because not even I know how I feel about this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stop talking about which posters you find creepy in this thread. It's not the place for it.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Cart posted:

He uses pretentious language, and he posts everywhere that Azure_Horizon posted before he was banned.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DivisionPost posted:

No, that was Josh Lyman. He's pretty creepy too but he hasn't confessed to rape.
If you're going to attack me, at least reference posts I actually made. Azure_Horizon was Max and I was Penny. As in, the Year of Penny Josh Lyman. :colbert:

edit: correction, it wasn't Azure-Horizon either :ssh:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 20, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Josh Lyman posted:

If you're going to attack me, at least reference posts I actually made. Azure_Horizon was Max and I was Penny. As in, the Year of Penny Josh Lyman. :colbert:

ah yes, when you hijacked the Happy Endings thread to turn it into your live journal of stalking a bartender, I remember it well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Seriously, stop it.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well there is the big red title...

Posting from the Awful app, missed that one!

Topic change: Since we're on crime, does Justified have the best dialogue on TV?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Cart posted:

Topic change: Since we're on crime, does Justified have the best dialogue on TV?

Spartacus does did :smith:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cart posted:

Posting from the Awful app, missed that one!

The real tricky question is which Justified character has the best lines?(It's Boyd)

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Zaggitz posted:

The real tricky question is which Justified character has the best lines?(It's Boyd)

Boyd may have the best sermons and soliloquys, but Wynn Duffy and Raylan have the best one liners. Art has the best lectures.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Is anyone jelly that I'm about to watch Deadwood for the first time? :smug:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

How would you even have to "leave your boyfriend behind for an exploding youtube career"? Its Youtube. Isn't the point that you can kind of do that poo poo anywhere and without any real sacrifice or cost?

She was so dedicated to making videos to entertain her legions of fans (and apparently there's a convention specifically for youtube personalities... yeah) that she didn't have any time to spend with her boyfriend, who also had a "youtube career" only he wasn't as popular as her and she felt that he was jealous of her success.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Joramun posted:

The incomparable Price Peterson made a tribute video in memoriam to all the TV shows that were canceled or ended this year. Advance warning: watching it feels like repeatedly getting punched in the gut, hard, and now I feel all sick and sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20pSK3YgZVM

RIP Go On and Happy Endings :cripes:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cactus posted:

You are a no good cocksucker.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cactus posted:

I've watched maybe 1/2 an episode. :hfive:

The bigger question is how many people haven't seen The Wire.

Spoiler: almost everyone.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Cactus posted:

I wasn't able to get into it.

I recognize that this makes me a bad person, however.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

I've watched maybe 1/2 an episode. :hfive:

The bigger question is how many people haven't seen The Wire.

Spoiler: almost everyone.

Oh hey, it's Raylan Givens' great great (great?) grandfather! People weren't loving about when they said everyone is in Deadwood.

I have saved up my Wire 2nd viewing because I hear it is the best viewing. It's been a few years since I saw it, but I'm going to force it on my brother with a "you trusted me when I told you Shameless, Justified and Breaking Bad were good, so just bear with the first 5 or 6 episodes until it clicks" caveat and see if he likes it.

e: :lol: Jim Beaver: "gently caress us all anyway for the limber-dick cocksuckers we are" - I'm going to like this I can tell already.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 21, 2013

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have never watched a single episode of The Wire and do not intend to anytime soon. :dealwithit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

cool

• Locked thread