Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

The T posted:

I think finding a non-Mad Catz version of RB3 would be the harder part.

eBay is your friend. Also, the keyboard bundle can now be found at very cheap prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The T posted:

I think finding a non-Mad Catz version of RB3 would be the harder part.

If you were going to buy a cheap secondhand 360 just for RB3, then might as well go the whole hog and get a JTAGgable model.
Slap in a cheap 1TB hard drive and go nuts with all the customs.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

~Coxy posted:

Slap in a cheap 1TB hard drive and go nuts with all the customs.

The default 120GB hard drive is more than enough to hold the ~3000 songs that a Rock Band 3 library is software-limited to.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
Not to mention the fact that nobody has time to play 3000 songs. I have around 1000 songs (and only ~150 are customs) and don't have the time to play 1/10 of them even on a dedicated rock band party night.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Orange Harrison posted:

The default 120GB hard drive is more than enough to hold the ~3000 songs that a Rock Band 3 library is software-limited to.

Wow, really? So if you - hypothetically - bought all the RB and RBN tracks, you wouldn't be able to play them all?

Macavity posted:

Not to mention the fact that nobody has time to play 3000 songs.

Yeah, when I'm playing I regularly do a half-hour session of drumming a day, which is like a half-dozen songs, so to get through C3's output would take me around four to five months. I have like 1500 songs between legits and customs, and just switched back to doing pro drums, so I have like 1300 songs left to play through.

:downsrim:

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Wow, really? So if you - hypothetically - bought all the RB and RBN tracks, you wouldn't be able to play them all?

That is correct. Harmonix has actually talked about that before. They didn't realize it would get so out of hand.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Quick roundup of all the 12 Days songs so far:

Queen - Innuendo
Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop it to the Floor)
Bon Jovi - Always
Tool - Eulogy
Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
Nightwish - Wishmaster
Adele - Someone Like You
The Chordettes - Mister Sandman
Tegan and Sara - Closer

This will be out on December 25th, along with a few more unannounced songs.

Today's releases:

New! Christmas 2013 4-pack

Elmo & Patsy – “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” (Nightmare Lyre and TrojanNemo)
Paul McCartney – “Wonderful Christmastime” (drummerockband)
Savatage – “Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)” (Nightmare Lyre and TrojanNemo)
Wham! – “Last Christmas” (farottone)

New! A Very Metal Christmas 4-pack

Austrian Death Machine – “It’s Turbo Time” (Gigakoops) (incl. 2x Bass Pedal)
I Declare War – “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” (Gigakoops) (incl. 2x Bass Pedal)
KoRn – “Kidnap the Sandy Claws” M (Pearlized Pistol and Nightmare Lyre) (incl. 2x Bass Pedal)
Wednesday 13 – “Buried by Christmas” (Gigakoops)

edit: Last Christmas :allears:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
C3 releases for December 20, 2013:

• Elmo & Patsy - "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" (Nightmare Lyre and TrojanNemo)
  • Paul McCartney - "Wonderful Christmastime" (drummerockband)
  • Savatage (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) - "Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)" (Nightmare Lyre and TrojanNemo)
  • Wham! - "Last Christmas" (farottone)
New! A Very Metal Christmas 4-pack
  • Austrian Death Machine - "It's Turbo Time" (Gigakoops and Nightmare Lyre) (incl. 2x Bass Pedal)
  • I Declare War - "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" (Gigakoops) (incl. 2x Bass Pedal)
  • KoRn - "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" (Pearlized Pistol and Nightmare Lyre) (incl. 2x Bass Pedal)
  • Wednesday 13 - "Buried by Christmas" (Gigakoops)

pksage fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 20, 2013

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

pksage posted:

Paul McCartney - "Wonderful Christmastime" (drummerockband)

Requesting this be redone as the henchmen 21 and 24 version.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Holy gently caress. "It's Turbo Time!" is some Impossible-tier stuff. Wow. Can't wait to finally get into these customs next year after my vacation.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Can't believe you guys did a huge weekly release in the middle of the 12 days. C3 is just the best.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I feel like "Simply Having..." is one of the songs that will be on repeat in my own personal hell. Thanks for Last Christmas though :)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

weekly font posted:

I feel like "Simply Having..." is one of the songs that will be on repeat in my own personal hell. Thanks for Last Christmas though :)

https://twitter.com/Kaboobi/status/410852202308460544

followup: http://twitpic.com/dodlhn

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
Best thing about Last Christmas is I authored that back in August, so my music/emotion clock was all messed up, dreaming of a white Xmas during a heat wave.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
A straight-to-VHS movie about Rudolph had a completely original soundtrack and then jammed "Wonderful Christmastime" right into the middle of it for no apparent reason. It was always the most bizarre part of my yearly Christmas watching as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWl_l03_PXY

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Trans-Siberian Orchestra? Merry Christmas to all. Seriously, what an amazing, perfect release.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I have no earthly idea how someone could listen to that wretched wonderful Christmastime song as many times as one would have to to make a custom. That is loving torture.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

hahaha jesus christ kaboobi

Dr Zaius posted:

I have no earthly idea how someone could listen to that wretched wonderful Christmastime song as many times as one would have to to make a custom. That is loving torture.

drummerockband has done some hard poo poo for C3. I had to do a brief playtest of the song and I was sick of it after just that.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's my main defence in "Why did it have to be John!?"

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I don't see why people are harping on Wonderful Christmastime, when they should be complaining about Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer, not only is a terrible song, but it spawned an even more terrible christmas movie

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

pksage posted:

• Savatage (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) - "Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)" (Nightmare Lyre and TrojanNemo)

While I am disappointed that there is no Weird Al- Christmas at Ground Zero, this track more than makes up for it. Awesome choice, the world needs more Savatage.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not only agreed, but thanks for using their real name and not this TSO bullshit.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not only agreed, but thanks for using their real name and not this TSO bullshit.
Oh yeah well I'll be .DTA-editing the band name and cover art back to TSO as soon as I download this. :smuggo:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Bullshit? Savatage named the project Trans-Siberian Orchestra. That's the name.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm aware, but I really don't care for their TSO work and highly enjoy their Savatage albums.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Bullshit? Savatage named the project Trans-Siberian Orchestra. That's the name.

Savatage as in "Hall of the Mountain King" Savatage?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Orgophlax posted:

Savatage as in "Hall of the Mountain King" Savatage?

Yes, they basically formed TSO as a side project and then TSO became waaaaaaay more popular so they basically abandoned the Savatage name.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
Hey quick odd problem. My XB360 E74'ed and died, so I got a refurb and swapped my HDD into it. All my music is there, but everything I've bought from RBN is showing up as DEMO or not there at all.

I tried deleting the song cache, but no dice. Any suggestions/ideas? Google led me to the song cache, and re-downloading everything one a a time, but that is gonna take a while.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Kenderama posted:

Hey quick odd problem. My XB360 E74'ed and died, so I got a refurb and swapped my HDD into it. All my music is there, but everything I've bought from RBN is showing up as DEMO or not there at all.

I tried deleting the song cache, but no dice. Any suggestions/ideas? Google led me to the song cache, and re-downloading everything one a a time, but that is gonna take a while.

Did you do the license transfer? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/downloadable-content/download-content#e2af6f278c8e4a4291275c35ead126f8

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Need to relicense your box.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/downloadable-content/download-content#201fd21fc19b45568510b457cdea8ef3

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
Thanks. Didn't think of that since my HDD was okay

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

farottone posted:

Interesting.

And now we're just down to Hall and Oates and Duran Duran you crazy son of a bitch.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
We just announced the final songs in the Twelve Days of Customs! The final list looks like this.

C3 releases for December 25, 2013:

New! The Twelve Days of Customs 2013
  • Adele - "Someone Like You" (espher)
  • Bon Jovi - "Always" (DVDSmith)
  • The Chordettes - "Mr. Sandman" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • Culture Club - "Karma Chameleon" (farottone)
  • fun. - "Some Nights" (GHtoRB3)
  • Harvey Danger - "Flagpole Sitta" (pksage)
  • Lorde - "Royals" (jaychuck)
  • Nightwish - "Wishmaster" (DeathThreatUK)
  • Pitbull - "Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) (ft. T-Pain)" (AddyMilldike)
  • Queen - "Innuendo" (TrojanNemo)
  • Radiohead - "Paranoid Android" (BearzUnlimited)
  • Semisonic - "Closing Time" (Nightmare Lyre)
  • Tegan and Sara - "Closer" (drummerockband)
  • Tool - "Eulogy" (Gigakoops)

This project was a pretty big success based on player feedback, and we're stoked to keep making songs for you guys in 2014. \m/

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

pksage posted:

We just announced the final songs in the Twelve Days of Customs! The final list looks like this.

So excited. You guys rock! :)

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Thanks for the awesome work you guys have done, I've been waiting for Closing Time for far too long and I'm glad to see it's finally in.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Paranoid Android has been a top 5 want for me since rock band started. Thanks so much!

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!

pksage posted:

C3 releases for December 25, 2013:

New! The Twelve Days of Customs 2013
  • Adele - "Someone Like You" (espher)
  • Bon Jovi - "Always" (DVDSmith)
  • The Chordettes - "Mr. Sandman" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • Culture Club - "Karma Chameleon" (farottone)
  • fun. - "Some Nights" (GHtoRB3)
  • Harvey Danger - "Flagpole Sitta" (pksage)
  • Lorde - "Royals" (jaychuck)
  • Nightwish - "Wishmaster" (DeathThreatUK)
  • Pitbull - "Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) (ft. T-Pain)" (AddyMilldike)
  • Queen - "Innuendo" (TrojanNemo)
  • Radiohead - "Paranoid Android" (BearzUnlimited)
  • Semisonic - "Closing Time" (Nightmare Lyre)
  • Tegan and Sara - "Closer" (drummerockband)
  • Tool - "Eulogy" (Gigakoops)

This project was a pretty big success based on player feedback, and we're stoked to keep making songs for you guys in 2014. \m/

Just want you to know I love you guys, and I want you all to have a short, well-deserved, two day break from authoring customs for me.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Knocked it out of the park, C3 guys! I and my future parties thank you. :D

Nyxyxylyth
Apr 4, 2013

Minidust posted:

Knocked it out of the park, C3 guys! I and my future parties thank you. :D
Who has a party on Christmas? There are better holidays for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nyxyxylyth posted:

Who has a party on Christmas? There are better holidays for that.

Most of these songs will be played at my new year's party.

• Locked thread