Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

I'm excited for this.

In the mean time it would be pretty cool to get a book of scripts from the first 50 episodes or something similar to come out in 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Rated PG-34 posted:

I have a couple tickets for the tomorrow's late show if anyone's interested. Send me a PM.

I have one extra as well, in case you get more takers than you have tickets.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
Good meet at the 10 pm show? All I know is I'm not waiting outside for an hour like I did last time. Too cold and the Bell House has more democratic seating anyway.

Cheng Pu
Aug 12, 2005
Poe Theed
Clever Betty
So it turns out I won't be able to make tomorrow's 10PM NYC show. Send a PM if you want a ticket.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Felt like spending 13bux Felt inspired to change my av and username to something awesome.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Guys, if you have a chance to go to one of the live shows, totally do it. They are amazing.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Felt like spending 13bux Felt inspired to change my av and username to something awesome.

An excellent choice -- the sponsors are all awesome and that's one of my favorites.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I am heartbroken that I couldn't go to the live show last night. I wanted to see Carlos. :sigh:

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

That ad terrifies me every time I hear it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I'm working on mixing the live episode that was recorded on Oct 10 and the guy playing John Peters, you know, the farmer? I think he had the microphone like all the way inside his mouth.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

Is there a site I can stream the episodes from that don't include the weather?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
From now on, every time someone complains about the weather, I'm going to raise the maximum allowed song length by one second. I look forward to being able to put one of the Disintegration Loops in there soon.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

maxnmona posted:

From now on, every time someone complains about the weather, I'm going to raise the maximum allowed song length by one second. I look forward to being able to put one of the Disintegration Loops in there soon.

It won't stop snowing. I'm tired of having to shovel my walkway.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

maxnmona posted:

Do it. The weather is, in most cases, an awesome and beautiful thing.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Not liking the weather segments? I don't understand.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Not liking the weather segments? I don't understand.

The response is generally positive, with small (but vocal) groups of I HATE THE WEATHER WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME LISTEN TO THIS I'VE NEVER HEARD OF FAST FORWARD and THE WEATHER IS THE ONLY REASON I LISTEN TO THE SHOW THE REST OF IT SUCKS on either side.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I remember that podcast that contained 100% only things I personally wanted to hear. That was my favorite.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

WHO ARE THESE BLEEPBLOOP SONGMASTERS? I DON'T RECOGNIZE THEM AT ALL! EVERYTHING SUCKKKKSKSSSSSS!!!!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Wait, what songs? The rest of you aren't hearing a weather report? What have I been listening to all this time?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

maxnmona posted:

Do it anyways. Have it start softly in the background and have it build louder and louder through the whole episode slowly taking over the broadcast. With Cecil becoming aware of it only far too late.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Do an episode during a giant storm and cut to the weather every minute or so. 75 minutes, 23 songs.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Do an episode during a giant storm and cut to the weather every minute or so. 75 minutes, 23 songs.

Hah, I was going to suggest something like that too. Episode XX: The Weatherening.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

The weather has been invariably excellent for a couple months now anyway.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

Geez.

I didn't say it sucked. I've enjoyed several segments. It just more often than not takes me out of the "Cecil telling me about things" zone.

jazz babies fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 24, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jazz babies posted:

Geez.

I didn't say it sucked. I've enjoyed several segments. It just more often than not takes me out of the "Cecil telling me about things" zone.

They're supposed to, that's the point. That's why the flow for every episode is 'setup an issue, weather, issue is resolved'? The weather takes you out of that mind because it's playing over a conflict or something.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I don't really like the weather. I generally listen to every episode all the way through, then edit out the weather so that I can re-listen to episodes without that distraction. I honestly don't think I'm missing anything, but I appreciate the effort to expose people to new music.

I don't know why every single time someone mentions that they don't like it, everyone else jumps down their throats. To each their own, I guess. I don't care for it, but it's easy enough to remove. It's a good show, either way. We're all friends here, et cetera.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

The weather is uniformly awesome but I can see how it would be cool if there were alternate versions without the weather and strictly the weather for people who are weird.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

maxnmona posted:

How many seconds are we on now?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

freelop posted:

How many seconds are we on now?

Not enough, not until there are thirty seconds of cecil talking and maxnmona has to comb indie post rock archives to find songs to fit the rest of the entire podcast

But seriously anyone who doesn't like the weather doesn't get the flow of the show.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Look Under The Rock posted:

Not enough, not until there are thirty seconds of cecil talking and maxnmona has to comb indie post rock archives to find songs to fit the rest of the entire podcast

But seriously anyone who doesn't like the weather doesn't get the flow of the show.

Oh please, just fill the weather with Rush's 2112. Every episode. Forever. And rerecord the previous episodes to match the new format.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Earwicker posted:

I'm working on mixing the live episode that was recorded on Oct 10 and the guy playing John Peters, you know, the farmer? I think he had the microphone like all the way inside his mouth.

I'm guessing this is Craig Cackowski because he sounds like that a lot.

Just hearing you guys are releasing this makes me super happy. The only podcast I love as much as Night Vale is Thrilling Adventure Hour. :dance:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Actually John Peters (you know, the farmer?) was played by Mark Gagliardi.

Interestingly, it turns out Mark and Cecil knew each other in high school.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

jazz babies posted:

Is there a site I can stream the episodes from that don't include the weather?

Steve Carlsberg spotted.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I miss Steve Carlsberg. :(

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Crain posted:

Oh please, just fill the weather with Rush's 2112. Every episode. Forever. And rerecord the previous episodes to match the new format.

What a terrible opinion.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I like the weather even if i skip through it a good portion of the time.

Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to listen to rap or hip hop or some guy trying his best to sound like the mountain goats.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

andrew smash posted:

What a terrible opinion.

It's too mainstream anyway.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

There are a lot of weathers I haven't listened to twice (I always listen to them the first airing) but there's a whole bunch loaded on my Night Vale Weather playlist. Holly poo poo, Doom Tree, Tom Milson, the woman who sang "Neptune's Jewels" - bands I would have never, ever found on my own.

The guy who did the recent NYC live episode ("Condos") was excellent. He plays solo cello and he actually spends most of his time playing in subway tunnels, where he apparently makes so much money that he said if he told me I would be furious. Anyway, do not skip past the weather in that episode.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Yeah, Gabriel Royal is a pretty loving awesome dude, and meeting him is one of my favorite things that's happened because of WTNV. We are going to find some ways to collaborate when I get back to NYC after the holidays.

also, all Disparition albums are a free download from now until the end of the year (though I'm pretty sure I've posted them all on SA for free at some point anyway).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

What is the name of the music that gets played when Cecil reads the messages in the episode Pyramid?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGsxbzqjKWk&t=416s