Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

I've swapped my install or I'd drop screens but the mossberg and various other guns had pretty poor models and textures for what's exclusively a weapon mod. The sound effects were weird sometimes too, though sometimes nice.
Maybe you should try OWR. That's the best quality you're going to get for a stalker mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cop-original-weapons-renewal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Is there any way to force the Atlas spawner that comes with Stalkersoup to spawn items that it doesn't list? It's giving me a pretty limited selection of weapons and some half-implemented content.

sobkas
Oct 11, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Huh, that's odd... I got them to work with my install. What kind of characters were verbotten?

If I remember correctly: spaces, apostrophes, periods. Only numbers, letters and underscores didn't caused any problems.
Take a look at this script: http://goo.gl/gzymJB .

edit:
On the side note, does anyone have a crash while changing ots33 to 9x19?

sobkas fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 23, 2013

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
SURVARIUM will be bad. Just want you all to know

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

myshl0ng posted:

SURVARIUM will be bad. Just want you all to know

depressing, yet expected news.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
I'm really confused, where can I download Complete 2012, all I can find is the 2009 download at moddb.

e: NM gently caress it I just noticed the ZRP, gonna give that a go instead.

Toadsniff fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 23, 2013

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Toadsniff posted:

I'm really confused, where can I download Complete 2012, all I can find is the 2009 download at moddb.

e: NM gently caress it I just noticed the ZRP, gonna give that a go instead.

Complete 2009 calls itself 2012 for some reason. Guess he thinks updating the title is enough.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

I remember it saying 2012 in the bottom left, but when I installed 2009 1.4 it just says 2009, am I misremembering?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Possibly. The last real release was in 2009. This is why things like the ZRP are better since they've got several years of SoC fixes over Complete. Now that virtually every Russian mod now uses 1.0006 I'm going to do a bit of a write up on New hacked in Engine features a lot of new mods are now using for the latest patch sometime after Christmas.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Ddraig posted:

Possibly. The last real release was in 2009. This is why things like the ZRP are better since they've got several years of SoC fixes over Complete. Now that virtually every Russian mod now uses 1.0006 I'm going to do a bit of a write up on New hacked in Engine features a lot of new mods are now using for the latest patch sometime after Christmas.

I just want improved graphics and a fix to the HUD map since it doesn't display anything.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Improved graphics is something you'd probably be very interested in since a lot of of the work on the "X-ray extensions" has pretty much been enabling features that were latent in the exectuable but never actually used.

So you can get stuff like increased grass density/distance (grass density in particular could go much, much higher than what the game allows you to, but was hardcoded not to), renabling the player's shadow, various neat stuff like particles having actual physics (this isn't to do with modding the engine, but a rather ingenious use of the particle editor), there have been major waves made with shaders. To be honest, Meltac's stuff is looking pretty drat dated by the standards of OGSE's upcoming shaders.

Complete 2009 is, frankly, a rather piss-poor attempt at doing what the Russian community has been doing incredibly well recently.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

E.Nigma posted:

Maybe you should try OWR. That's the best quality you're going to get for a stalker mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cop-original-weapons-renewal

Would there be any way to get OWR + Pripyat Reborn to work with the Sound Overhaul mod do you think?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Editing weapon files is generally tedious rather than difficult.

You basically have to open up the weapon ltx files in configs\weapons and change the sounds there.

The major problem is that if the animations have significantly changed, there's a chance the sounds might not sync up with the animations. This is mainly a problem with reloading, though. If you just want the meaty "booms" of guns, then that should be fairly simple.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

sobkas posted:

If I remember correctly: spaces, apostrophes, periods. Only numbers, letters and underscores didn't caused any problems.
Take a look at this script: http://goo.gl/gzymJB .

Spasibo, I will fix that in the next release. Already I've got something like 40 tracks for each radio.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Would there be any way to get OWR + Pripyat Reborn to work with the Sound Overhaul mod do you think?

Why would you want Sound Overhaul for OWR? The sounds are already sexeh.

Content: OWR will have an addon coming out that adds some new weapons to the game too. I forget the exact number, but it's a lot. It should also differ from most weapon mods since he has this great 3dSMax plugin that allows him to edit guns without any smoothing errors, so they'll all look quite good.
Having imported guns myself I can say getting a gun in-game without some sort of visible smoothing error is next to impossible with Milkshape.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 24, 2013

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Ddraig posted:

Complete 2009 is, frankly, a rather piss-poor attempt at doing what the Russian community has been doing incredibly well recently.

Hey now, we used to all love Complete...back in 2009. He hasn't updated it in five years, is he really to blame for not doing something the Russian community has been working on since his release?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Maybe I was a bit harsh, but the mod is still aggressively advertised as the definitive stalker experience when it looks pretty bad in the light of recent developments. Also the Russians have only really recently stopped using 1.0004 for some reason. They pretty much skipped the patch everyone else was using.

I guess they figure the advantages of the worldwide patch now make up for any shortcomings it had in comparison to 1.0004

What are people's opinions regarding russian voices vs english?

Pretty much all the SoC mod is in Russian voice over. I think it adds a lot to the atmosphere, particularly when you're in uncertain situations and you're not sure if the people you meet are going to be friendly to you.

Plus I think in general the Russian voicework is done with a lot more thought than the English. A good example is the Russian vs. English megaphone announcements in the Bar. In Russian they're rather serious in tone, but in English the guy is doing his best used car salesman impression.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 24, 2013

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

The Russian voices are by far better than the English ones.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Yeah, they really are. The English ones do have that campy charm but they're pretty terrible compared to the Russian ones.

Anyway, a friend of mine ponied up some cash for Dxtory for me since Fraps lags my games like poo poo so making videos might be slightly easier.

Here's an album of the in-progress stuff. Pretty much a random selection of the 2gb+ of screenshots I've done during the testing stuff. Some of the stuff is quite old, most notably the old-style PDA and such and there's some placeholder stuff but you get the idea

http://imgur.com/a/vppqL

There's one rear end in a top hat that keeps blocking the access to the 100 Rads. I think I need to move him somewhere else but he won't place nice and keeps sitting infront of the loving door.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
The Russian voices are higher-quality, especially when you compare stuff like the original voice files for the crazy stalker in the Army Warehouses vs his English dub. Still, at least for bits of conversation important to the plot, I'd really really like it if there were at least subtitles in English or something. That said, sometimes I just want to scratch that lovely voice acting itch :allears:

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I put the "Russian Audio Dialogue Mod" together when CoP first came out. The English voices were low quality in both voice acting and audio standards. They were all 44.1kHz but many sounded like 11kHz audio files in comparison to their Russian equivalents.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Swartz posted:

For those still playing Call of Pripyat two great mods have been released:

1) COP Original Weapons Renewal v2.0 - Replaces the crappy looking weapons in the default game with very high quality models that are downright sexy. I'm rocking an AK-74 all game long just because I love the look and reload sound/animation. Everything ejects on the right too.

2) Pripyat Reborn - Alundaio, author of previous AI Tweaks and author of the AI in Misery 2.0 released this mod which is a compilation of all his work which he is constantly updating. The AI is great, not to mention non-AI features he's included like the Unofficial Patch and his item mods. It has a couple of bugs at the moment but he's a smart guy so they'll go away before long.

--
I also mentioned a new LuaJit which ended up in the op. My question is, does anyone here know C++? If you do and love COP you could help everyone by downloading the newest version of LuaJit and re-writing it a bit so that the public API used in 2.x works like 1.1.8. The 2.x versions have the possibility of completely eliminating ALL stutter in the game and upwards of a 60% performance increase. See this thread and the various links for details: http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=6030&page=1&sort=ASC&sec_id=18#113857

Swartz posted:

They're compatible, just don't use the system.ltx from Original Weapons Renewal and you're all set to merge.

Hey, I was wondering if you could give me a bit more advice on merging these. I can't see a system.ltx in OWR so I just copied one over the other. No matter what order I do it in, certain item icons from either mod are broken, but if I overwrite with Pripyat Reborn then the game crashes when I try to fire a weapon. I'm probably overlooking something incredibly goddamn obvious, but if someone could point out to me what that is I would be grateful. :)

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Davoren posted:

Hey, I was wondering if you could give me a bit more advice on merging these. I can't see a system.ltx in OWR so I just copied one over the other. No matter what order I do it in, certain item icons from either mod are broken, but if I overwrite with Pripyat Reborn then the game crashes when I try to fire a weapon. I'm probably overlooking something incredibly goddamn obvious, but if someone could point out to me what that is I would be grateful. :)

You merged it correctly by copying OWR over Pripyat Reborn (and I guess it doesn't have a system.ltx, must have been an addition I made).
The icons will be broken either way but I prefer using the ui_icon_equipment.dds from OWR as Pripyat Reborn doesn't use many new icons.

Either someone else can make a merged version or I will if/when I can find my Photoshop disc (on a new computer now so I don't have it installed anymore).

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Ah okay, I saw broken icons and was worried that I'd broken something else that might be important! Thanks for your help.

Nf3
Oct 9, 2012
I'm having a hard time convincing myself to play Misery if it's basically the same CoP campaign just made harder. I really wish it was its own campaign/world. What were they working on for so long if its not even a major overhaul?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Misery is harder, but i'd say the gameplay mechanics change so much it's pretty much a fresh take on CoP. Unless you absolutely want new areas or missions, I'd say its enough to warrant a great playthrough. Patched Misery 2 has the gunplay I've seen, and stealth actually works.

buglord fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 26, 2013

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Nf3 posted:

What were they working on for so long if its not even a major overhaul?
Adding about 1000 unnecessary items to clutter up the inventory. Like undergarments.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I like how vendors will give you different prices for different items because it allows me to shop around for the best price when I'm trying to offload my used underwear and jars of golden teeth.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

E.Nigma posted:

Adding about 1000 unnecessary items to clutter up the inventory. Like undergarments.

Yeah I dunno I mostly think that's funny so time well spent imo.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've included a lot of misc items. Most of them actually do something, though - either food items (like several different types of alcohol, even if the description does kind of hint most of it is just the same standard zone poo poo with new labels slapped on) and such.

I think I've got about four different types of cigarettes. All functionally identical, but they're really just there to give more variety and the idea that stalkers look for comforting things even if it's a counterfeit pack of the cigarettes they usually smoke when not in the Zone.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Swartz posted:

You merged it correctly by copying OWR over Pripyat Reborn (and I guess it doesn't have a system.ltx, must have been an addition I made).
The icons will be broken either way but I prefer using the ui_icon_equipment.dds from OWR as Pripyat Reborn doesn't use many new icons.

Either someone else can make a merged version or I will if/when I can find my Photoshop disc (on a new computer now so I don't have it installed anymore).

Well, based on your words I figured out how to merge ui_icon_equipment.dds! The only issue it has is upgraded weapons and armour don't seem to have the little arrow on them, but if anyone wants I can upload the files somewhere.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Davoren posted:

Well, based on your words I figured out how to merge ui_icon_equipment.dds! The only issue it has is upgraded weapons and armour don't seem to have the little arrow on them, but if anyone wants I can upload the files somewhere.

I did too with Gimp (I sorta like it better than Photoshop for this sorta thing).
Here it is and the configs with the new UI placements: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r698on

--
If anyone playing Pripyat Reborn would like to help a good cause, Alundaio needs stash locations for each map. They'll be SOC style stashes (in bags, crosses, etc.) that are given up when someone surrenders and you make them give you the info.

Anyways, for instructions visit this topic: http://forum.epicstalker.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112

Swartz fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 27, 2013

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Does anyone know the fix to make the MP3 player in SGM 2.1 functional? As I remember it was bugged and there is a fix but I can't seem to find it.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Swartz posted:

Just thought I'd post a cool new thing Bangalore did that does the following:
1) Greatly reduces microstutter in the game
2) Decreases lag caused by lua files
3) Increased memory ceiling before a crash

http://www.mediafire.com/download/15brgil3s1z47rs/lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll

It works with CS and COP. Make sure you back up your original lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll.

loving finally, wow.

This is an optimization that the base games needed for, er, pretty much forever. This solves soooo much microstutter, I had the game on an SSD and it still freaked out every time new entities activated their player-close scripts. Cheers, man, thanks :)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

MadBimber posted:

Hey now, we used to all love Complete...back in 2009. He hasn't updated it in five years, is he really to blame for not doing something the Russian community has been working on since his release?

It's just an "okay" mod that works off the effort of others and he's not been great about giving credit is all. Mod authors don't like that. It's skeezy.

Trip report: if you thought the GTX 680 could run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP with everything cranked in DX11 mode and AN3/etc. graphics mods, a GTX 780Ti just shrugs and goes back to sleep while doing the same thing. "Get... yawn... out of here, stal... zzzzz"

StormChaser
Nov 8, 2009
Hey all,

Just a quick question regarding Stalker COP with Misery 2 with the latest official patches.

When I approach a controller and he does that telekinesis thing and drags me to him I'm getting weird graphical artefacts that immediately go
away when he lets go of me.

Like this

Any ideas as to what you think might be causing this. It happens on different GPU's also.

Cheers

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
He's sending you to another dimension.

I got nothing, man, sorry :(

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.

StormChaser posted:

Hey all,

Just a quick question regarding Stalker COP with Misery 2 with the latest official patches.

When I approach a controller and he does that telekinesis thing and drags me to him I'm getting weird graphical artefacts that immediately go
away when he lets go of me.

Like this

Any ideas as to what you think might be causing this. It happens on different GPU's also.

Cheers

On a hunch, try lowering "cam_inert" or "cam_relax" (cant remember which one) to 0.01. Looks very similar to the glitch I got when mine was set to 0.5 or higher.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
From what I remember Controller psychic power was upped to such a degree that it can suck your view through the ground. The way to fix it would be to lower his power in m_controller.ltx. I'm pretty sure that's what's happening anyway.

--
I'm now beta-testing a map pack by Bangalore (mod on ModDB called "Call of Chernobyl" or CoCk CoC).
It's merged with Pripyat Reborn and I'm going to add Original Weapons Renewal 2 (which I recommend for the Op as a great first-playthrough friendly mod).
It's a lot of fun. You're in freeplay and you're a loner stalker so there are lots of fights with the Military depending on where you go. So far I've only made it through the Swamps from CS (you start there) and into Cordon where I nearly got killed by some rats trying to go through a tunnel upon arrival. I managed to get to Sid after dodging some Military snipers but it crashed since the author hasn't made a trader file for him yet :(

Anyway it's a lot of fun so people should keep an eye on the mod when it gets released. I'll post some screens later and maybe a video (big maybe since Shadowplay doesn't work on Stalker games and I hate how things like Fraps tank my FPS).
*Edit*
Nevermind, apparently Shadowplay does work with Stalker after just googling it. I'm not sure why it won't work for me, I must be doing something wrong.
*Edit 2*
Because I'm retarded. Didn't notice the switch to turn it on before now :downs:

Swartz fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormChaser
Nov 8, 2009
Im assuming its this i have to edit?

psy_max_power = 8.5