Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And neither are the play as the Joker missions.

Yep, they're exclusive to the PS3 and at this point I think it's safe to say that isn't ever changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Jurgan posted:

The Joker fight was so disappointing- he injects himself with serum and turns into a giant monster, and then just stands around while you fight the same mooks again and again.

The Joker's pretty hard to design a boss battle for imho, I'm not even sure if he should ever have one. AC and ACO used him much better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I always liked the Killer Croc section of Asylum because everybody ELSE in the game talks about how scary Croc is, but Batman is always,"Pfft, whatever" about it, and is never for a single moment scared. Also, the zipline means you don't have to walk slowly, you just zip about casually, and whenever Croc shows up you just casually toss a batarang in his face without blinking. Seeing him getting increasingly angry as Batman consistently fails to give a poo poo is great, and the end section where he has set everything up in advance to take Croc out is great.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 21, 2013

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I just think it was a bit disappointing the way we constantly heard Croc say poo poo like, "I'm going to eat you alive, Batman!" And then you get to his lair and basically hit him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper, as if he were a dog.

Poison Ivy was a decent boss fight, but they didn't even explore anything new with it. All I did was strafe and throw batarangs. They really should've incorporated the gadgets you just obtained.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Grump posted:

I just think it was a bit disappointing the way we constantly heard Croc say poo poo like, "I'm going to eat you alive, Batman!" And then you get to his lair and basically hit him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper, as if he were a dog.

"I'll line my lair with your flesh, Batman!"

"No. Bad Croc. No dinner for you. :colbert:"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grump posted:

Poison Ivy was a decent boss fight, but they didn't even explore anything new with it. All I did was strafe and throw batarangs. They really should've incorporated the gadgets you just obtained.

As much as I like AA, they really didn't have a whole ton of gadget variety. It was a bunch of batarangs, gel, sequencer, (ultra) batclaw, and line launcher. By the time you get to Ivy, the newest actual gadget is the line launcher, and you've alrady run through Croc's lair with it.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

HenessyHero posted:

The Joker's pretty hard to design a boss battle for imho, I'm not even sure if he should ever have one. AC and ACO used him much better.

Arkham City had a solid Joker boss fight. It could have been better but it was so damned satisfying beating the crap out of him and all of his goons in that environment. I also love the joker's carnival map just to beat the hell out of him.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MrJacobs posted:

Arkham City had a solid Joker boss fight. It could have been better but it was so damned satisfying beating the crap out of him and all of his goons in that environment. I also love the joker's carnival map just to beat the hell out of him.

Meh...that fight pretty much fit the criticism most people seem to have about most of Asylum's boss fights: throw a bunch of guys and maybe a Titan thug or two at 'em! Other than being immune to instant takedowns, Joker was pretty much just another dude in that fight.

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

Phylodox posted:

Meh...that fight pretty much fit the criticism most people seem to have about most of Asylum's boss fights: throw a bunch of guys and maybe a Titan thug or two at 'em! Other than being immune to instant takedowns, Joker was pretty much just another dude in that fight.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. The AC fight goes down like a regular, by-the-numbers scrap.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
And it wasn't even the Joker!

But both that fight and the part with him in Origins were way better than Titan-Joker in Asylum, even if neither are really "boss fights".

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Just got an update and it asked me to agree to the EULA again. I'm wondering if I just got a hotfix or if the new update is out.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

HenessyHero posted:

While it could have been better, I think that the Joker's small amusement park in Origins was a good boss fight for the Joker even though it didn't feel like a boss fight. I don't think the section was that great, but I really loved the idea of [spoiler]the Joker putting Batman in a position where he for example [spoiler]horribly hurt someone if he failed to do what he needed to save them. I think there is mechanical stuff you can do that might not be particularly amazing, but compliment the narrative stuff enough that it gives it the psychological edge that makes the Joker work.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

Just got an update and it asked me to agree to the EULA again. I'm wondering if I just got a hotfix or if the new update is out.
Yeah Patch 3 went live:
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/Updates-on-Support-Latest-Updates/m-p/41975#U41975

They say it fixes that "Network Connection Lost" issue that kicks you back out to the main menu. FINALLY.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Just got the update, now I can't move Batman. I can flick through the gadgets but not use them, crouch, and cape stun, but that's it.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

EDIT - N/M, restarting Steam seems to have fixed it

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 21, 2013

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

There we go, I can claim to be one of those guys who became the night now. :toot:

Timeless Appeal posted:

While it could have been better, I think that the Joker's small amusement park in Origins was a good boss fight for the Joker even though it didn't feel like a boss fight. I don't think the section was that great, but I really loved the idea of [spoiler]the Joker putting Batman in a position where he for example [spoiler]horribly hurt someone if he failed to do what he needed to save them. I think there is mechanical stuff you can do that might not be particularly amazing, but compliment the narrative stuff enough that it gives it the psychological edge that makes the Joker work.

Yeah it wasn't bad. If there was to be a Joker boss fight I'd expect it to be framed more like an elaborate chase sequence with imperiled hostages used to endanger Bats and keep him from catching up rather than a straight up brawl that Joker would just lose at unspectacularly. When I saw the rollercoaster carts and the amusement park, that's exactly what I thought I was walking into at first. It was still good for what it was though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Phylodox posted:

Well it's not as though the Joker is really that much of a physically imposing dude when it comes down to hand-to-hand. His gimmick is that he's batshit crazy and gives zero fucks.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

doctor 7 posted:

Picked it up myself. How is all the content?
So I just finished the Initiation campaign. It was pretty decent, though definitely still not worth full price IMO. Combat as ninja Bruce is pretty fun but you lose certain tools like D&D or a full AOE stun though getting something like zip kick in return is fun. I did enjoy them throwing a shitload of martial artists at you at the last combat map in the campaign, though I haven't gotten around to doing them solo, but if you need help timing with MAs (I did for the longest while) it is a good place to start. I wish the blades were more visible, that's about it for combat, at least they went to the effort of making it easy to read while fighting. Was it just me were the ninjas in intimation way slower on blade attacks than in the normal campaign?

Sidenote: people's complains about the story combat difficulty on hard, they might just blanket put on the tougher/faster/stronger campaign modifier on hard difficulty, which seems to explain all the enemies flying at you or coming at you faster than you realize vs. normal combat challenges, just a thought.

Predator mode suffers the same-ish as Catwoman and Nightwing did in AC, as in they don't have glide control after you leap off a vantage point (if it's a crutch, please pillory me, but still) and I don't know why for the life of me there isn't at least a reticule or something for them when you jump off (but not onto an enemy where you will get an icon at least). Luckily unlike Catwoman or Nightwing you have actual (slightly gimped) detective vision for Bruce. Again, real lack of tools don't help in predator mode since you can't lure anyone after they freak out which means you need to reset the map to try again for certain challenges (leaving ledge pulls for last when the AI refuses to climb ladders is not great) and they don't go into detail any non-Batman analogue gadgets work (still no idea how the purple smoke bomb works when you aim it, for example.)

Otherwise the campaign pre-bits were okay, a shame it was pretty much just grumpy Asian si-fu balks at you for being non-lethal and ninjas with guns being the funniest thing in predator maps. Too bad they don't have as entertaining chatter as regular street mooks. I do wish Shiva got more of an introduction, but I guess they couldn't get her VO (was in Kelly Hu? I swear it was) to come back for a few lines.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
After finally grabbing all of the Riddler drives, I can unequivocally say that Bats should have just left them to be found because there was nothing in there that was going to throw Gotham into chaos and it was all boring poo poo between established bad guys that Batman had no real reason to hide from everyone. Sure the commissioner would have had some dirty laundry aired, but uh, he's dead anyway. Go Team Riddler!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 23, 2013

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

After finally grabbing all of the Riddler drives, I can unequivocally say that Bats should have just left them to be found because there was nothing in there that was going to throw Gotham into choas and it was all boring poo poo between established bad guys that Batman had no real reason to hide from everyone. Sure the commissioner would have had some dirty laundry aired, but uh, he's dead anyway. Go Team Riddler!

Yeah, the Riddler poo poo was such a huge waste of time. "Collect all this bullshit just to see a pressure pad from a game you already beat two years ago.".

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
^^^Thanks for letting me know not to bother with that poo poo, guys.^^^^

I'm getting spread a little thin in the "what to do next" department and was getting bogged down with the datapack bullshit, wondering if it was worth it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

^^^Thanks for letting me know not to bother with that poo poo, guys.^^^^

I'm getting spread a little thin in the "what to do next" department and was getting bogged down with the datapack bullshit, wondering if it was worth it.

Out of the three extras; Riddler poo poo, Anarky tags, and the plaques, only the plaques are really worth it because the tomb you get to see is loving awesome and it reveals some cool stuff about Penguin's father.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I did all three. I liked the Anarky Tags and the Pinkney Plaques, but the Riddler stuff was annoying.

There are less interview tapes than in other games (seriously, over three games Bane still only has ONE tape?) and the Data Handlers would glitch and not appear at times. Or Batman would knock them out instead of interrogating them and I'd have to restart from the last checkpoint.

And then there wasn't even a satisfactory conclusion to the sidequest...

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Hahah I have to get all 30 balloons in one go in Harley Quinn's revenge? gently caress that.

On the plus side I finished Campaign Gold for Batman in AC (All 108 medals in the original campaigns). Now I feel less lovely at predator maps.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sober posted:

Hahah I have to get all 30 balloons in one go in Harley Quinn's revenge? gently caress that.

On the plus side I finished Campaign Gold for Batman in AC (All 108 medals in the original campaigns). Now I feel less lovely at predator maps.

You don't have to get them all in one go. The ones you get in one run are still gone in the next one. Of course, that makes it really difficult to find that last...loving...balloon.

Seriously. 29/30. loving balloon.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Phylodox posted:

You don't have to get them all in one go. The ones you get in one run are still gone in the next one. Of course, that makes it really difficult to find that last...loving...balloon.

Seriously. 29/30. loving balloon.
Well I guess this is the same part where I find a video guide or something just like I just did for the Anarky tags and Pinkney Plaques. I don't mind chasing down all the collectables but I'll be damned if they don't eventually tell me where they all are (I really liked how say Sleeping Dogs gated putting collectables on the minimap).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sober posted:

Well I guess this is the same part where I find a video guide or something just like I just did for the Anarky tags and Pinkney Plaques. I don't mind chasing down all the collectables but I'll be damned if they don't eventually tell me where they all are (I really liked how say Sleeping Dogs gated putting collectables on the minimap).

Good luck. Even with maps and video walkthroughs I still can't find that loving balloon. I'm starting to think it's bugged or something.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Phylodox posted:

Good luck. Even with maps and video walkthroughs I still can't find that loving balloon. I'm starting to think it's bugged or something.

I don't know, I had no trouble using this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQpMlzhElk. Without a guide, though, it's bullshit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I had to replay Harley's Quinn's Revenge twice because that last balloon was in an area of Dry Docks that I couldn't backtrack to after Harley threatened the cops. :argh:

On the other hand, I had to get that Snap to It achievement anyway, so meh.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I got Origins as a gift over the holidays and I didn't see this answered in the OP, but I was wondering if there were any cut-off points in the game for getting certain collectibles/side quests. I seem to recall something of the sort in Arkham City (or Asylum) and just wanted a heads up before I dove too deep into Origins. I think I just IDed the Joker as the guy present at "Black Mask"'s murder by hacking GCPD's network, or slightly after that.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nozh posted:

I got Origins as a gift over the holidays and I didn't see this answered in the OP, but I was wondering if there were any cut-off points in the game for getting certain collectibles/side quests. I seem to recall something of the sort in Arkham City (or Asylum) and just wanted a heads up before I dove too deep into Origins. I think I just IDed the Joker as the guy present at "Black Mask"'s murder by hacking GCPD's network, or slightly after that.

Some of the "Worst Nightmare" achievements are tied to specific predator rooms (which you can only do once per playthrough) so you're probably going to want to use a walkthrough for those.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

nozh posted:

There are no cut-off points for sidequests in Arkham City, and the same is true for Origins.

But, as Phylodox said, it would be a good idea to do Ranks 1 - 5 of Worst Nightmare before the bank since Rank 6 can only be done there.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Have they announced any Harley Quinn's revenge-esque DLC for AO? By that I mean a story mode that isn't challenge maps? Like I am half expecting Long Halloween-esque shennanigans with Alberto Falcone.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Have they announced any Harley Quinn's revenge-esque DLC for AO? By that I mean a story mode that isn't challenge maps? Like I am half expecting Long Halloween-esque shennanigans with Alberto Falcone.
Something is going to be announced New Year's Eve:

source

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Oh hell yes. I think this confirms my speculation NYE was when Falcone faked his own death after all

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I really hope they do something that's considered very close to an existing comic book storyline because there's so many costumes to use and it'd be awesome to feel like they are actually fitting with the story being told. Playing a "Long Halloween" story in the actual costume would be badass.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

redbackground posted:

Something is going to be announced New Year's Eve:

source

This reminds me of the flyers for the Cobblepot parties at the Iceburg lounge, i'm expecting a Cobblepot blacktie partycrashing DLC.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

A DLC where you play as Batman/Robin at Haly's Circus to track down Tony Zucco would be awesome.

I get the feeling it's a Joker DLC, though, considering it's called "Cold, Cold Heart", the song Joker sings in the ending credits.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

A DLC where you play as Batman/Robin at Haly's Circus to track down Tony Zucco would be awesome.

I get the feeling it's a Joker DLC, though, considering it's called "Cold, Cold Heart", the song Joker sings in the ending credits.

Oh. gently caress. Yes. Mr MotherFucking Freeze!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is there a sort of console cheat thing I could do to teleport me back to the batcave? I'm still in the middle of nothingess in what used to be the "My Alibi" bar. I'd like to complete a few more things before getting into the meat of New Game plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I've heard some people used Restart from Checkpoint to get it to fix.

• Locked thread