Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

JimmydaFish posted:

Is it too soon to look forward to Valentine's Day? :shobon:

No. I was actually considering celebrating the Asian/Korean New Year, which is January 31st. Because I am Korean (but adopted-- so VERY AMERICAN). And because I like to send/receive mail and think it would be culturally productive to do research into it and then celebrating accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

JimmydaFish posted:

It's never too early! I have stuff put away for next Xmas already :)

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

DLAO posted:

No. I was actually considering celebrating the Asian/Korean New Year, which is January 31st. Because I am Korean (but adopted-- so VERY AMERICAN). And because I like to send/receive mail and think it would be culturally productive to do research into it and then celebrating accordingly.

I'll try to send you a card for that!

brotato
May 14, 2013
I'm finally back in town and settled. I came home to a lot of cards! Thanks Aunt Buck, Shenanigansluck, IMJack, Marlowe, mysa09, DLAO, lamb, and Dancer! I really appreciate it. Y'all made my desk look so festive!

All the cards (staying up until the semester starts so I can enjoy them a little longer)

All the fun goodies! Y'all are too sweet. (I am putting my former watchmaking skills to use trying to fold up all those tiny Animal Crossing envelopes so I can send tiny letters. Thanks lamb!)

Hopefully all my cards have arrived or are at least almost there. I'm looking forwards to bombarding everyone with pink cards come February.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Xmas goonmail arrives NYE.

Thank you lamb for the Goontidings and Gruss von krampus card.
Thank you Mr and Mrs Genesplicer for the cozy wishes and concern for my venomous animal friends, it was 40deg C on Sunday. Is everything in America loud and annoying?

I will send more goonmail this next year. I still dont know if my codified postcards made it. Anyway I'll stuff some pubes in an envelope and mail it out soon. Someone may even get some cut Zircons.

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

I received a bunch of xmas cards from friendly goons! Thank you!

Unfortunately ive been swamped (getting married on 9th of jan) so i didn't send any of my own in time. So they will be arriving late.. :doh:

Actually, i have a bit of backlog of cards that i haven't replied to, but i definitely will! I have a bunch of cool cards that i want to sent out, when i have a bit of time :)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Did a download of the excel, 80 goons on there. Patience is a virtue and i send out seven cards so far.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Edit: so this is how you doublepost...

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Just got back to my apartment after being out of town to a mailbox full of goon love!
Thank you lamb, shenanigansluck, mysa09 (I love penguins!!), Team Lunch, IMJack, DLAO (I actually got my name from a piggy bank in my room so you were 100% correct on thinking that's where it came from.), and Stuffins.
I intend on doing a Vday swap so I will have to amp up my game for that.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

Shoozy Kopp I still EXTRA LOVE YOU! :glomp:

Awww, I just saw this. I'm just glad that I could help out a tiny bit. :glomp: back at ya

Shoozy posted:

Greetings from Isla Mujeres, Mexico! I made it to the post office this morning with postcards for DLAO, stuffins, Senior Scarybagels, and The Schwa. Did I miss anyone who had asked?? Speak up now. I'm getting lazier by the day.

I sent new cards to you goons listed above. Frankly, the ones I sent first were pretty but kind of boring. I found more interesting ones so I sent those.

I also sent postcards to mysa09 and shananaginsluck today.

I have to go now. My brain is mush from all the daiquiris and lazing about. Hope I remember how to, like, get to the airport and stuff.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I got Goonmail from Team Lunch and The Schwa today! YAY!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Just a heads up for everyone who is new to the thread, in years past there has been a Valentines Day exchange separate from this thread, but rest assured that we keep on keepin on all year long. I for one am quite excited for 2014 goon mail.

mysa09
May 28, 2010
I feel like the worlds biggest jerk. I went and dug out my Valentine's Day box and found a stack of envelopes sealed and addressed but obviously never got sent out 2 years ago. I opened a few and there was a thank you card stuck in Team Lunch's and Niemat's card from when they had sent Jill(the cat) a get well card. :cry:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Lookit all these cards!

Thank you to jadedhula (who didn't sign your card!), mysa09, Aunt Buck, Shenanigan's Luck and your furry family, DLAO, Ceramic Pig, Jimmy da Fish, The Shwah, Etor & family, Crazy Old Clarice, and of course lamb! And a special thank you to marlowe who had the misfortune of being my Secret Santa!

JimmydaFish posted:

Man, I utterly failed to produce a high-effort Christmas card, but maybe a high-effort Valentine's card will make up for it! And now is the time to get started on that.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
I feel so guilty for not sending out this season, Grandma got cancer :(

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I got Christmas goon mail from Mizufusion and Lamb and letters from PitGoddess, DLAO, and Lamb! I sent out a bunch of reply mail today, :woop:

:siren: Special request. My youngest brother (who is also a goon, still lurking like a good nooblet) is going through some stuff right now and I think some surprise goonmail would lift his spirits. He's 21 and goony (video games, anime, machinma, ren faire, etc.). If you're up for sending him something:

(removed)

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 3, 2017

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

I got Christmas goon mail from Mizufusion and Lamb and letters from PitGoddess, DLAO, and Lamb! I sent out a bunch of reply mail today, :woop:

:siren: Special request. My youngest brother (who is also a goon, still lurking like a good nooblet) is going through some stuff right now and I think some surprise goonmail would lift his spirits. He's 21 and goony (video games, anime, machinma, ren faire, etc.). If you're up for sending him something:

Warthog Caboose
888 Clarion Way
Lawrenceville, GA 30044

I'll send a postcard tomorrow. It's not anime, but it is of the Asian art genre and pretty flippin' neat if I do say so myself. I hope it helps cheer him a bit.

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Anyone want animal themed (mainly :horse:) or Doctor Who Valentines inside homemade cards? :3:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I'm back at work and have opened all of my mail, so I owe thanks to: Amarie, Andaley, brotato, Dancer, DLAO, IMJack, jimmydafish, lady flash, marlowe, mysa09, opera bitch, Shenanigansluck, Shoozy, Suzie McAwesome, team lunch and when worlds collide.

Thanks! You're on my Valentine list :glomp:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

mysa09 posted:

Anyone want animal themed (mainly :horse:) or Doctor Who Valentines inside homemade cards? :3:

Oooo, Dr. Who pretty please!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I'm shamefully behind on mail, so I need to say a generic thank you right now to all the wonderful goons who have sent me mail these past couple weeks. Thanks, everyone!! You're all fantastic and each piece of mail made my day!! :3: I'll prepare a list and a better thank you shortly--I just wanted everyone to know I didn't die, and I did get your mail!

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
I've been gone since Boxing Day and only got home at 3:30 am last night after traveling for like 19 hours. So a big BIG thank you to all the wonderful people who sent holiday cards and stuff, and sorry if I am slow to respond.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I received Magical Glittery Goodness from Shenanigan's Luck . I have somewhat taken a break from sendage (also from doing dishes from being super busy, thank God for chopsticks), but will re-commence soon.

Glad people are receiving my Goonlove! :glomp:

Shenanigansluck
Dec 10, 2013
Day off work freezing cold out and staring at a pile of random paper. I do believe it is valentines card making time :).

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

So many thanks to give! I got goonmail from lady flash, Stuffins, party hat, Shoozy, nonpromqueen, Shenanigansluck, the Genesplicers, marlowe, lamb, Etar (?), Brotato, and one I can't read (but it's very pretty)!

Valentines Day mail will be going out once I get my poo poo together :haw:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

The Schwa posted:

So many thanks to give! I got goonmail from lady flash, Stuffins, party hat, Shoozy, nonpromqueen, Shenanigansluck, the Genesplicers, marlowe, lamb, Etar (?), Brotato, and one I can't read (but it's very pretty)!

Valentines Day mail will be going out once I get my poo poo together :haw:

You know, I do not want much in life. Health for me and my family, a reliable income for comfortable living and to be named in the goonmail thread. I checked my post history to see if my address was still in and I am consistently named as "The nice card that cannot be deciphered". It is something I will have to learn to deal with. As a heads up to everyone else, if you receive a card that is unreadable, you can more or less assume it is from me. (In this case I checked if I indeed send The Schwa mail :) )

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Woohoo, goonmail from LadyFlash! I'll send out replymail this weekend.

Kafka's Goldfish I think I sent you a letter end of Septemberish - did you get it? We used to write pretty frequently and I haven't heard from you in a while, homeskillet.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I would have checked the return address against the list here but I'm on my phone :(

Vii
Oct 5, 2013

Happy little accidents
I've gotten a bunch of christmas cards, so I'd like to thank Mr. and Ms. Genesplicer, Lady Flash (those glitter stars are covering my couch now), Shenanigansluck, marlowe can you go, nonpromqueen and lamb for warming my heart in this frozen wasteland they call Finland.

I was going to send out cards as well, but due to me being a broke loser, I couldn't afford to. :smith: I'll try to send some on the next holiday.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you Shenanigansluck for the wonderful Christmas card, we are happy with the stamps and your kind considerations!

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force
Super late but thanks for all the Christmas cards. I got a hand drawn/painted krampus from the abominable snow. Cards from Aunt buck, Ravenicus, Andaley DLAO, IMJack, Shenanigans luck, Jimmy da fish, Marlowe (pen pal letter coming soon), Team lunch (2 cards), the pitgoddess, mysa09, lamb, Snoozy, 13Pandora13, Etar, Brotato and one more that I put somewhere, now I forget where. Thanks every one for making my mailbox so cheery.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to everyone who has written me these last several months. I appreciate it! I'm staying off the list for now because there is no way I can keep up with responses but I am sending out a few belated letters. Glad to see this thread is still going strong and is gaining more new posters.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I thought my fellow mailgoons might be interested in this:

http://penpaperinkletter.com/incowrimo-2014-giveaway-enter-will-win/

If you write a handwritten letter, postcard or note during the month of February (received by February 28th), you'll get not only a letter in return, you'll get a prize!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey lamb, I see you've updated the address list, but haven't changed my address (posted it a few pages back). It's not a problem at all, since my parents live there and I'll get it eventually, but it would be awesome if you could take care of it next time you update your site :).

So you don't have to hunt it down again:

Hoofdstraat 13
2171 AR
Sassenheim
Netherlands

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Dancer posted:

Hey lamb, I see you've updated the address list, but haven't changed my address (posted it a few pages back). It's not a problem at all, since my parents live there and I'll get it eventually, but it would be awesome if you could take care of it next time you update your site :).

So you don't have to hunt it down again:

Hoofdstraat 13
2171 AR
Sassenheim
Netherlands

Crap. I'll fix it this week. Sorry about that.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

lamb posted:

I thought my fellow mailgoons might be interested in this:

http://penpaperinkletter.com/incowrimo-2014-giveaway-enter-will-win/

If you write a handwritten letter, postcard or note during the month of February (received by February 28th), you'll get not only a letter in return, you'll get a prize!

Here's another InCoWriMo giveaway: http://hathawaystudios.com/fountain-pen-drawing-incowrimo-2014/

InCoWriMo is *February*, so don't mail out too early.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Some assorted postcards going out tomorrow... :3:

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Can I be removed from the list, I got a lot of stuff going on and I don't think I will be able to send out cards and I would feel terrible for not sending cards back. :ohdear:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Can I be removed from the list, I got a lot of stuff going on and I don't think I will be able to send out cards and I would feel terrible for not sending cards back. :ohdear:

I can take you off if you want, but sending cards back is not a condition of participating. As long as you post intermittently in the thread you can stay on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I guess that's fine then but I do intend on sending cards eventually.