Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?

Prav posted:

Pretty much, yeah. Nyx is good for shortened-duration Chaos (which is great at what it does) and not terribly much else. Absorb is occasionally useful I guess.

Yeah, Psychic Bolts is one power you definitely don't want to waste slots on. Mind Control is pretty useful in that it can take over heavy units regardless of level, and works as a brief stun on most bosses. Chaos is Nyx's best power by far, and Absorb is only useful on Infested levels. (And even then, not very - at least on PS4, it's bugged and won't always hit every enemy within the blast radius.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

Absorb is only useful on Infested levels.

This isn't true at all, you just need to be smart to survive getting into the middle of a bunch of enemies. (Using dual zorens and the Rush mod can help with that) With Fleeting Expertise it also only takes a few seconds and lets you spam it all the time so it's even sort of a panic button to get shields back.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

ENERGY SIPHON ALERT UP ON PS4

Mercury, Tolstoj

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Golgozor posted:

If anybody is willing to pop me into Cyath in Eris on ps4, let's be pals (Steamshovel_Dan). I need to farm up some neurodes!

Also, where the hell do you get a hornet strike mod? This thing is driving me crazy.

sent a friend request
\/\/\/

How do you not have a billion Neurodes? I have like 20 sitting around doing nothing.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This isn't true at all, you just need to be smart to survive getting into the middle of a bunch of enemies. (Using dual zorens and the Rush mod can help with that) With Fleeting Expertise it also only takes a few seconds and lets you spam it all the time so it's even sort of a panic button to get shields back.

I actually played with someone using a Nyx on an ODD, and they had set their absorb up to take as long a time a possible in order to take as much damage as they could before the explosion. Seemed to work pretty well... They were invincible for a long rear end time, the mobs all ignored the three other people with him and when absorb went off it killed everything on the screen.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This is probably a vague and dumb request, but when I get back into town on the 2nd, if any PS4 players have any *anything* that they feel like sharing that might reinvigorate my game I'd be appreciative. I don't really care what, either.

For reference, I'm Mag, in the high teens, I think. Still using a Braton, Aklatos, and the default skana blade. Oh and I have Carrier.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Fuzz posted:

How do you not have a billion Neurodes? I have like 20 sitting around doing nothing.
He might've meant neural sensors. I got those mixed up constantly when I was new to the game.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
is the description still broken

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Prav posted:

Pretty much, yeah. Nyx is good for shortened-duration Chaos (which is great at what it does) and not terribly much else. Absorb is occasionally useful I guess.

And by "occasionally useful" he means utterly fantastic for Defense and Survival missions, especially against Infested. And Mind Control is useful for scanning things, I suppose. Chaos and Absorb are the main powers you want to use, though. Unless you've got a Nova or Rhino in the mission, since they'll happily murder everything around you when you Absorb.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Feenix posted:

This is probably a vague and dumb request, but when I get back into town on the 2nd, if any PS4 players have any *anything* that they feel like sharing that might reinvigorate my game I'd be appreciative. I don't really care what, either.

For reference, I'm Mag, in the high teens, I think. Still using a Braton, Aklatos, and the default skana blade. Oh and I have Carrier.

I got a few mods if you need them. It's insane how fast I've progressed through this game with mod help from others. We need more ps4 clan members to supply plastids so our dojo looks awesome and poo poo.

I'm quite happy I got energy siphon today too :)

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Thanks for all the newbie help, PC goons. And for the suggestion about Volt, Volt owns.

I wanted something to replace the Excal while my Oberon and Rhino were building but today alone I've gone from trying out the Volt to putting a forma in it to considering putting ANOTHER forma in it. Might not be getting around to that Oberon anytime soon

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the going rate for a max serration? I saw a guy offering 900 plat for a max one which made me want to dump everything I had into my current one to get it there but I have neither the credits nor cores to do it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

seiferguy posted:

What's the going rate for a max serration? I saw a guy offering 900 plat for a max one which made me want to dump everything I had into my current one to get it there but I have neither the credits nor cores to do it.

PS4 or PC? It's my understanding they have drastically different economies.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

seiferguy posted:

I've seen someone offering one for a hundred plat, but it got snatched up pretty quick.

Serration takes 147 of a core that's twice as good as the current best in the game to max.

edit: My Penta just went from 2k and change up to quite a bit over 5k from upgrading from 75% to 90% on Serration.

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 1, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Male Man posted:

PS4 or PC? It's my understanding they have drastically different economies.

PS4. I would assume things are more expensive on it since the economy is still newer.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

seiferguy posted:

PS4. I would assume things are more expensive on it since the economy is still newer.

My rule: Buy for 300 or under. Sell for 500 or more.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Did something happen the the enemy proc chance? It used to be that getting hit with bleed meant there was an eviscerator nearby. But now it feels like every single Grinner hits me with bleed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Can leap attacks deal less damage than a normal attack? 12/12/89 (113 total damage) vs. 70 for a leap attack and 75 for a charged attack. Does that really mean it hits for 43/38 less damage?

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Leap attacks may be bugged and should probably scale with +attack damage, but Charge attacks have their own damage modifiers (Killing Blow, Rending Strike, and Corrupt Charge).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

HukHukHuk posted:

Leap attacks may be bugged and should probably scale with +attack damage, but Charge attacks have their own damage modifiers (Killing Blow, Rending Strike, and Corrupt Charge).
So the only thing that the base +damage mods on melee weapons affect are normal attacks?

edit:
> Game is hard

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 1, 2014

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Yeah, Pressure point only affects regular attacks. Elemental mods however, are based off of whichever attack type you use on the dude, so Charge attacks benefit greatly from those.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

HukHukHuk posted:

Yeah, Pressure point only affects regular attacks. Elemental mods however, are based off of whichever attack type you use on the dude, so Charge attacks benefit greatly from those.

Pressure point affects normal, slide, wall, and jump attacks. Killing blow affects charge and stealth attacks. Jump attacks can also have a secondary AoE damage component which is affected by neither.

The melee mechanics are dumb and desperately in need of an overhaul.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Fuzz posted:

Probably because I've made more guns than you!

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Just leveled a Synapse to 30, cooking Penta and Soma now in addition to all three Oberon parts, a Catalyst, and Akvasto. The amount of mats one eventually has just lying around after 140+ hours of play is staggering.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I could make every single accumulated piece of poo poo I have in the Foundry if I didn't have credits in the way. At some point I had three hundred thousand of the loving things. Now I'm lucky to have thirty thousand (that immediately get spent).

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Thanks to all that volt advice earlier I managed to get my rank 6 earlier than I thought and am now playing with my new soma. This thing is insane. Even with only point strike, 90% serration, vital sense and multishot this thing is putting out impressive numbers considering it's new and not even fully leveled. I can only imagine how it will be once fully leveled with some forma's.

Volt's quickly turning into a favorite too. This frame seems to be made to compliment the core gunplay by giving you a 1 that you can stun with during reloads without interrupting it and that shield of his is bonkers for DPS increase. Only negative thing about that shield is that the SFX make it hard to make out what the hell is going on on the other side.

I'm not even sure this guy really needs even one forma.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=353c1w3gUdI

Anyone found how to attract the harvester yet?

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

I'm grabbing a starter pack before the sale ends. Does it activate as soon as you buy it? I'd rather hold it off until I move back home this weekend, so I can actually use the affinity/credit boost.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Terbulus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=353c1w3gUdI

Anyone found how to attract the harvester yet?

What's the harvester? And did I see something about a Stalker Zanuka? What's that about? I've been away since the 20th, which I guess makes me out of the loop!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Stalker Zanuka is the harvester. The lines you hear suggest that it spawning involves aiding the grineer. In what way is unclear. Maybe side with the grineer during a conflict?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Would it be stupid to Forma my Ash's Aura slot into a Bar instead of a V? I kinda wanna roll with Energy Siphon on him, and the added affinity would be nice. Both of the V Auras seem to be... well, poo poo.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Would it be stupid to Forma my Ash's Aura slot into a Bar instead of a V? I kinda wanna roll with Energy Siphon on him, and the added affinity would be nice. Both of the V Auras seem to be... well, poo poo.

Rifle amp is decent. If you are doing a melee ash, steel charge is also really fun for BIG NUMBERS. Energy siphon is pretty much the only aura really worth two shits though.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Fuzz posted:

I just use Rifle Amp. I have indeed forma'd my Ash, but one of the ability slots into a bar. He's never energy-starved because his abilities are cheap as poo poo, plus I use max efficiency stuff (balanced by a touch of blind rage).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've found uses for a bunch of Auras. Infested Impedance has a noticeable effect, even with just one maxed one. Corrosive Projection definitely helps, too, I run it on my Nova for maximum boom on M. Prime. Energy Siphon is still the most generally useful, though, but the others have their places.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Doji Sekushi posted:

I just use Rifle Amp. I have indeed forma'd my Ash, but one of the ability slots into a bar. He's never energy-starved because his abilities are cheap as poo poo, plus I use max efficiency stuff (balanced by a touch of blind rage).

I was going to try and play him like I play Loki, basically whoring Power Duration to run around big rooms of guys invisible and murdering everything in sight with my Galatine. Difference being that now when the poo poo hits the fan and the room is packed with dudes blasting AOE poo poo (gently caress stomping MOAs), I can actually do something and just hit Blade Storm or Shuriken instead of, you know, turning invisible, getting knocked on my rear end (I already have maxed Constitution, doesn't matter), and then trying to charge attack as many as possible before I suddenly appear and get plastered against a wall while trying to cast Invisibility again.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 1, 2014

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

Can I get an invite to the PS4 clan? PSN ID is tjfrisch

Edit: thanks!

Synathaesia fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 1, 2014

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

The aura slot is always the first, if not the only slot that I forma. I want energy siphon on there.
What I'm wondering though, is if it's worth changing ability slots. I'm never going to use null star for example, so maybe I should swap out one of Nova's = slots. Most frames have at least one ability that you won't use. But there's always the possibility of them getting buffed like Pull did, so it might be a waste. At least if you forma to get Redirection/Focus/etc on there, you know they'll always be useful.

But I generally don't forma frames much because they're a lot more important on weapons anyway.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Energy siphon can only be gotten through alerts, right? I want one.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Broniki posted:

The aura slot is always the first, if not the only slot that I forma. I want energy siphon on there.
What I'm wondering though, is if it's worth changing ability slots. I'm never going to use null star for example, so maybe I should swap out one of Nova's = slots. Most frames have at least one ability that you won't use. But there's always the possibility of them getting buffed like Pull did, so it might be a waste. At least if you forma to get Redirection/Focus/etc on there, you know they'll always be useful.

But I generally don't forma frames much because they're a lot more important on weapons anyway.

Even in the scenario where DE manages to buff a frame so evenly that all four abilities are worth slotting, having a matching = slot for your first ability only saves you one mod capacity. Forma away a = slot today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Kong
Aug 24, 2009
Hey guys,

I have a spare $25 Nvidia code for Warframe and was looking to trade for a $25 Marvel heroes code. E-mail me at shonchrisng@gmail.com if you're interested please!