Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

If I Had A Heart was in Breaking Bad too, when Jesse go-karts alone and then goes back to his house where this raging meth party is happening but he just observes it all looking dead inside.

Googling this made my day!

:holy:

Edit: Bear is not responding. What the gently caress...

Cactus fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Biggest OHHOLYSHIT moment for me was "Not Penny's Boat" on Lost. Followed closely by that kid with the flight powers getting Um... Dealt with on misfits.

Actually, I just remembered a good one. "Bring it on little girl. Gimme your best shot." followed by a head exploding in season 5 of Angel.

Oh and "I'd like to test that theory." in season six of Buffy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

Forums reactions aside, what is your personal most holky gently caress TV moment.

Mine's probably the whole rescue from New Caprica. Start to finish, best action sequence on TV of all time.
Same BSG season, but for me it has to be the finale. The final minutes of Crossroads was something special.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Three moments for me:

Lilly Kane's killer reveal out of loving nowhere.

"No pal, it's November 8".

"I know kung-fu".

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
When Ross says Rachel at his wedding by mistake

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

That time the old guy got hit in the nads with a football on The Simpsons, holy cow that was good tv.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

piratepilates posted:

That time the old guy got hit in the nads with a football on The Simpsons, holy cow that was good tv.

Give that man the ten thousand dollars!

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
Seriously, though, the Lost season 3 finale blew my mind a bit. I also was blown away by the New Caprica arc on Battlestar, Adriana's death in The Sopranos, and THIRTEENTH! in HBO's Rome.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alfonso Ribeiro announced on Twitter about 40 minutes ago that James Avery has passed away. :smith:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

cool kids inc. posted:

Biggest OHHOLYSHIT moment for me was "Not Penny's Boat" on Lost.

I liked that one, but my favorite was the Locke reveal at the end of S5. Brilliant.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timby posted:

Alfonso Ribeiro announced on Twitter about 40 minutes ago that James Avery has passed away. :smith:

I assume it was due to the Ninja Turtles.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Timby posted:

Damnit. Not even one full day in and 2014 is already hitting hard.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Unless you're one of those people that remains constantly attentive of who is in the public eye throughout your life (and let's face it, the vast majority of us will not become that person), as you age, every single famous person you ever knew about will be dead and largely forgotten. All you will see every time you turn on whatever replaces the TV, look on the internet, or gaze at a billboard ad, will be faceless nobodies you don't know about, or care to know about.

Happy New Year Everyone! :toot:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Can someone link me to the archive thread for Scandal season 2? We've just been binging through this, and although I'm now past the point of trying to pretend its anything short of ridiculous, I'm keen to see what others' reactions were to the darker parts without spoiling myself further in than the S3 thread OP. (of COURSE they're all related and interconnected and everyone's family is behind it all going back to the dawn of time)

Also, Perd Hapley earnestly presenting coverage of jihadi beheadings.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Cactus posted:

Unless you're one of those people that remains constantly attentive of who is in the public eye throughout your life (and let's face it, the vast majority of us will not become that person), as you age, every single famous person you ever knew about will be dead and largely forgotten. All you will see every time you turn on whatever replaces the TV, look on the internet, or gaze at a billboard ad, will be faceless nobodies you don't know about, or care to know about.

Maybe in that case just don't care about specific famous people very much and instead enjoy the media they help to create. :)

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Android Blues posted:

Maybe in that case just don't care about specific famous people very much and instead enjoy the media they help to create. :)

A lot of the time, enjoyment of media created by famous people is tied closely to their individual talents and personality, making it difficult to enjoy the media in an emotionless state divorced from caring about the people involved.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Well, that's only true if at no point in your life you get interested in the career of someone famous that's about a decade or so younger than you anyway, which if you ever care about famous people in the first place is just silly. Unless you stop caring before your early 30s, at least.

And that's being really generous anyway. If you're a fan of even just a handful of people even your same age, you'll probably see at least half of them live as long as you do.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My favorite "Holy poo poo" moment, and I bring it up every time this topic comes around, is Derek Reese's death on The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Taking out one of the main characters in the blink of an eye like that was mindblowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0iNpSpW21Y

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Deadpool posted:

My favorite "Holy poo poo" moment, and I bring it up every time this topic comes around, is Derek Reese's death on The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Taking out one of the main characters in the blink of an eye like that was mindblowing.

Just a day in the office for a 888, killing Derek like he was an extra and not one of the leads.

God, I was really hoping that show would have stayed on long enough for them to really explore the alternate timeline stuff. I think it would have been a hell of an interesting development if it turned out there was a faction trying to kill/protect someone other than John because they were from a timeline where John Connor didn't live through J-Day and someone else became the savior of humanity, instead. Or a group trying to preemptively hijack the resistance movement by supplanting Connor as leaders.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Chamberk posted:

Seriously, though, the Lost season 3 finale blew my mind a bit.

I still think the opening to Season 2 was one of the most brilliant TV moments ever.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cactus posted:

Actually, everyone in the world eventually dies.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

scary ghost dog posted:

Actually, everyone in the world eventually dies.

Except Arvin Sloane.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Well, I got back from spending the last week watching Total Recall 2070, and for a show that came out in 1998/1999 I came out sort of more impressed and invested in it than I thought I'd be.

Other than a few episodes here and there, it felt like it gradually improved as the series went on, despite some inconsistency here and there. Effects looked like they improved, the make-up improved, and even the actors felt like they got more comfortable in their roles and gave some better performances.

I do sort of wish it'd gotten a second season as I wanted to see where they were going with the Mars artifacts storyline.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
I need to get into Sean Saves the World, how did I let that slip my mind? And I just found out apparently Liz Feldman (one of Ellen's buddies) is doing a new comedy with Ellen. I'm so behind...
Edit, forgot link; http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ellen-degeneres-liz-feldman-developing-651206

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 2, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally posting it two weeks and fifteen pages ago?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Assets mini-series starts today on ABC. It looks like their version of The Americans except this one is based on the real Aldrich Ames. AV Club said it's pretty good. Stars a bunch of British people pretending to be American/Russian spies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6cKLFqLSw

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
The biggest :tviv: for me was "We have to go back!". I know it's already been mentioned, but that whole finale reignited my love for Lost after an uneven third season. I could not believe that they had turned the show's concept on the head just like that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Paradox Personified posted:

I need to get into Sean Saves the World, how did I let that slip my mind?

What? Why? It's utterly abysmal.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Paradox Personified posted:

I need to get into Sean Saves the World, how did I let that slip my mind?

Other than an NBC clips show at the start of the season advertizing all the new shows, I'd completely forgotten about literally everything NBC launched this year other than Blacklist and Michael J. Fox Show and Ironsides. But only because of all the Hulu ads for them.

I'm sort of surprised they never managed to make (or did they?) the rumored spin-off show from his and Megan Mulally's characters from Will and Grace.

Granted, spin-offs haven't been all that successful lately, but W&G had went from being a very popular first run show but I've not seen in in syndication around my area for a long time. Trying to push a new series with those characters could have helped reinvigorate some syndicated interest in the original series.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

JediTalentAgent posted:

Granted, spin-offs haven't been all that successful lately, but W&G had went from being a very popular first run show but I've not seen in in syndication around my area for a long time. Trying to push a new series with those characters could have helped reinvigorate some syndicated interest in the original series.

Some network did some massive marathon of W&G last weekend (calling it '50 Shades of Grace' or something), but I don't remember which now. I want to say either E! or TBS but that's probably wrong.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

EL BROMANCE posted:

What? Why? It's utterly abysmal.

Not for me, but then again CPTSD can do funny things to a human brain. At least I get joy from something you don't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Caprica Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, Community is amazing again you guys.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah, I've heard some effusively positive reviews about it, hopefully having time off mellowed Dan out a bit. I'll check it out this week.

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV
Just a reminder that Helix, the new SyFy show exec. produced by Ronald D. Moore (Star Trek : DS9, Battlestar Galactica) with Steven Maeda as show-runner (Writer on Harsh Realm, X-Files, and Lost. Exec. Producer on Daybreak and Lie To Me) premieres next Friday (1/10) at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central.

"Helix is an intense thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that may hold the key to mankind’s salvation or total annihilation. However, the lethal threat is just the tip of the iceberg, and as the virus evolves, the chilling truth begins to unravel."

Sounds like it may be The Thing mixed with X-Files mixed with Contagion mixed with Lost, with some black bile-regurgitating zombie looking things thrown in!

I'm writing up the thread right now, in case anyone else was thinking about it.

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXa9-OtopJs

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Palooka posted:

Just a reminder that Helix, the new SyFy show exec. produced by Ronald D. Moore (Star Trek : DS9, Battlestar Galactica) with Steven Maeda as show-runner (Writer on Harsh Realm, X-Files, and Lost. Exec. Producer on Daybreak and Lie To Me) premieres next Friday (1/10) at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central.

"Helix is an intense thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that may hold the key to mankind’s salvation or total annihilation. However, the lethal threat is just the tip of the iceberg, and as the virus evolves, the chilling truth begins to unravel."

Sounds like it may be The Thing mixed with X-Files mixed with Contagion mixed with Lost, with some black bile-regurgitating zombie looking things thrown in!

I'm writing up the thread right now, in case anyone else was thinking about it.

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXa9-OtopJs

Awesome, your last two OPs were quality. Good hunting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm super pumped for Helix....and you know what that means :smith:

Anyone dug out any new shows from the first of the year on Netflix's horrible interface? S3 of Portlandia got added.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I got a little put off from Helix after seeing the trailer 40 billion times while watching the Twilight Zone marathon on New Year's Eve. Oh well, hope it's good anyway!

Also I watched the pilot of Justified again today and OOPS looks like I'm doing a rewatch. Sorry, American Horror Story, looks like I'm getting sidetracked for a bit.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I got a little put off from Helix after seeing the trailer 40 billion times while watching the Twilight Zone marathon on New Year's Eve. Oh well, hope it's good anyway!

Yeah, don't bitch about that. See, I think Black Sails is a show worth keeping an eye on, and that hasn't changed. But I just saw Starz run FIVE CONSECUTIVE SPOTS FOR IT between movies and I know someone who saw that is going to be pissed enough to swear it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Oh hi, this double post is brought to you by the Veronica Mars trailer, which was just released by E, a network which I refuse to exclaim.

It's cool! Aside from "VERONICA MARS IS BACK" they're kind of selling it as its own cool little mystery story!

• Locked thread