Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Bisse posted:

I'm most interested in finding out what the hell the deal was with Hobo King's vision.

Also, the art ONE does may be technically poo poo, but his characterization, expressions, choreography in the action scenes, it's strangely beautiful. Saitama vs Garou was one of the most intense things i've seen on paper.

It's just not as good as Murata. It's still miles ahead of "lovely."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bisse posted:

I'm most interested in finding out what the hell the deal was with Hobo King's vision.

Also, the art ONE does may be technically poo poo, but his characterization, expressions, choreography in the action scenes, it's strangely beautiful. Saitama vs Garou was one of the most intense things i've seen on paper.

If you compare the ONE comics to the Murata redesigns you'll find that the panel layouts and poses are almost 1:1 across the board. All Murata has really done is make a better looking OPM, but ONE has a really strong grasp of how to design a comic.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
ONE just put up an update, 8 pages. Dunno when it'll get translated but there's barely any text so I can't imagine it'll take long.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
I love that after months of waiting for an update it begins with several pages of Saitama picking his nose.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
His reply is exactly what you think it would be

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And it's out

Saitama is the best :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:allears: This is exactly what I expected, AND MORE.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
That was the best possible response.

I guess we can expect more pages to be added to the chapter in the next few days.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Even if (when) we get more pages, that was a perfect panel to finish with.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
A new version went up with some more pages. It looks like he keeps adding a couple more pages at a time. I have no clue when the actual "end" of this chapter will come.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
End of the chapter: :unsmith:

This is a good comic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Calling it, Garou is going to be Saitama's new disciple.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

Calling it, Garou is going to be Saitama's new disciple.

Garou's been doing his villain thing for a while, right? I don't think he has enough income or remaining savings left to pay rent to Saitama.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
So? He just shows up and refuses to go away.

Dealing with people is Saitama's kryptonite.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
Yeah, but Saitama's current disciple is basically paying all his bills for the right to do his domestic chores. If a new disciple didn't offer him more support of his hobby he would reject him. If it turns out Garou is rich or really good at finding grocery deals it would strangely fit in.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Garou is amazing at clipping vouchers with his price slaying discount fist.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Man, Garou needs to get a new hobby.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Anyone else getting a 404?

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

Anyone else getting a 404?

It's because it's on v3 of the comic now, there's a lot more than there was then. http://www.batoto.net/read/_/216051/onepunch-man-original_ch93v3_by_anonymous

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adelheid posted:

It's because it's on v3 of the comic now, there's a lot more than there was then. http://www.batoto.net/read/_/216051/onepunch-man-original_ch93v3_by_anonymous

I'm utterly giddy with excitement at the thought of Murata's redrawing the "BUT YOU CAN NEVER DEFEAT ME" panel.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Would someone more motivated than I make a mob-psycho 100 thread? It's being translated pretty rapidly now, and it's a pretty good manga.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Condiv posted:

Would someone more motivated than I make a mob-psycho 100 thread? It's being translated pretty rapidly now, and it's a pretty good manga.

Supporting this.
MP100 is pretty drat good.

Also its art is a lot better than onepunch-man. Few panels in there, goddamn. ONE is pretty drat good when he wants to be. Composition and movement are also still top notch.

Also it has an actual update schedule.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

MY SERIOUS HERO HOBBY

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Supporting this.
MP100 is pretty drat good.

Also its art is a lot better than onepunch-man. Few panels in there, goddamn. ONE is pretty drat good when he wants to be. Composition and movement are also still top notch.

Also it has an actual update schedule.

Man ONE is really good at making great protagonists. The latest mob and the latest OPM were just perfect.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/216849/onepunch-man-original_ch94_by_anonymous

Aggghhhhhh, it seems like this is another half-finished chapter.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
It's awesome to see the heroes basically in shock over how insanely strong Saitama is. I have to wonder how this will effect his future. Will he be promoted to A level, or will he skip that for a sale at the supermarket.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Liar posted:

It's awesome to see the heroes basically in shock over how insanely strong Saitama is. I have to wonder how this will effect his future. Will he be promoted to A level, or will he skip that for a sale at the supermarket.

It ends the comic thats what.
ONE certainly seems to be drawing things to a great climax.

Or it will just become Monster of the Arc until he retires it.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Of course I'd love to keep getting more, but it's hard to imagine how to top the Garou arc. I hope I'm wrong!

Gonna enjoy Saitama putting his foot down, or rather putting it through Sweet Mask's face.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe he will put things on hold until Murata catches up and then work only as the writer. We can dream, right?

Also since apparently he's about to smash sweet mask's face, he will break through the s-rank gateway.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Shieldhill posted:

Of course I'd love to keep getting more, but it's hard to imagine how to top the Garou arc. I hope I'm wrong!
Seeing the way this chapter is going:

- Saitama might have to make the choice wether to kill Garou or not, perhaps Garou powers up again and rampages again, perhaps he has to stop the other heroes from doing it.
- Saitama could end up on bad foot with the other heroes, making it interesting when Lady Shibawa's prophecy comes true (I still don't believe it has). Other heroes start opposing Saitama and making things worse?
- Basically I think the story is going to become more conflicts between heroes, I have a hard time seeing it becoming "Saitama became S-rank and everyone was happy".

There's too many loose ends to quit at this point - Geno's arch-enemy still isn't revealed, Lady Shibawa's prophecy still hasn't come true (in my belief), Hobo King's vision has to be forshadowing for an epic villain..

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I doubt the manga is over. There's a lot of unanswered questions. We haven't seen the top S ranked hero. Genos has gotten zero resolution to his quest, though there were hints that his opponent is Metal Knight. It's unclear whether the prophecy has been resolved or not.

I mean, it could certainly end soon. If this winds up to a Saitama vs. the Hero Association smackdown, Bang (is that S-1's name?) and Metal Knight could get pulled in and the major stuff could be resolved within a few updates. It seems a bit unlikely to me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No one can force Saitama to do anything he doesn't want to do. So, what choice is there? Besides, he probably doesn't even know who Sweet Mask is.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Soon he will face his greatest challenge yet, two sales at the same time at opposite sides of the city.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wittgen posted:

I doubt the manga is over. There's a lot of unanswered questions. We haven't seen the top S ranked hero. Genos has gotten zero resolution to his quest, though there were hints that his opponent is Metal Knight. It's unclear whether the prophecy has been resolved or not.

I mean, it could certainly end soon. If this winds up to a Saitama vs. the Hero Association smackdown, Bang (is that S-1's name?) and Metal Knight could get pulled in and the major stuff could be resolved within a few updates. It seems a bit unlikely to me.

Nah, Bang is the Rank 3, Silver Fang. Old guy who does martial arts.

Rank 1 is Blast.

And Bang's brother is Bomb.

Sorta makes me wonder if they're all related or something.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

Soon he will face his greatest challenge yet, two sales at the same time at opposite sides of the city.

And he doesn't have a map.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Not sure why anyone is forecasting the end of the comic unless someone knows that ONE is tired of it?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Not sure why anyone is forecasting the end of the comic unless someone knows that ONE is tired of it?

You can end things for reasons other than being tired of it, you know.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I mean I just feel like this arc has been building up towards something that we haven't seen yet. The whole Garou thing is too well-thoughtout and interesting to just get resolved and done with by 'wepl Saitama punched him'

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You can end things for reasons other than being tired of it, you know.

except unless the artist announcing it anything is speculation pulled from one's rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I can see both sides on this one. It kind of feels like it's wrapping up because it looks like our boy is about to get the acknowledgement that he deserves and that's been a large part of the work since it started.

On the other hand these hero's are huge jerks that are just as likely to say it was another fluke or just change their derision to jealousy. As others have said we also haven't even met all the S-ranks, Genos hasn't learned anything, his robotic nemesis is still out there, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Garou redeem himself somehow.