Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Old thread

Welcome to the all new Opie & Anthony/Ron & Fez Show Megathread! Here's a place where you can safely discuss these two (mostly) quality radio programs without having to endure the crippling stupidity that plagues the majority of the O&A/R&F sites on the web.

The Opie and Anthony Show
Weekdays, 6am-11am
on the Opie and Anthony Channel
XM 103 Sirius 206
866-WOW-1-WOW

After a year in which the bitching about management had reached epic proportions, O&A finally had something constituting a victory: the Radio Wizard is out. In his place is Tim Sabean, who worked with the boys in the past. In addition, Don “Wicky” Wicklin returned to the channel. O&A finally has people in charge that would get stuff done. In short order, O&A were asked to move to afternoons and had an idea for a cruise to celebrate their 20th anniversary torpedoed, so you know that things are going to change for the best on the O&A Channel. They’re still pushing their new podcast which isn’t a real podcast, in preparation for starting a real podcast when their contract is up next October no they won’t, they’re too dependent on the money they get from Sirius to go anywhere else.

As for the guys themselves, not much has changed: Opie is still a the cool dad who wants to go viral, Ant is a racist gun nut, and Jimmy is a tranny obsessed fame whore. The show itself has been in a weird place, as the show-killing race/guns/free speech segments still happen quite a bit. But when they’re on, there’s still nothing funnier on the radio. As of late, a lot of the freaks who had been associated with the show had been returning: Bobo has been in studio a lot lately, Lady Di and Marion returned, Stalker Patti came back in, even Sandy Kane made a return to the O&A Show. A happy bonus on these freak shows is Colin Quinn has been in a lot more lately, planning his big cross-country comedy tour with Bobo and becoming enamored with the lovely, leggy Lady Di.

Have some good bits from O&A over the last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpM7YIsMDvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEyHt3FOssE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdhzpHd8lM

With the crew, the biggest change is Troy Quan is (thankfully) no longer allowed on air, after a homophobic rant against Mark Zito which nearly cost him his job. The boys can’t understand why a gay person would be angry about that rant, figuring that “you’re a dick sucking human being who likes penises” has NOTHING to do with being gay. Sam still hosts After O&A Live and his own Sunday show, E-Rock is vague and fat, Roland is Metzican and fat, Travis is rarely heard, Sal is barely worth mentioning, and Kenny is still an oaf.

O&A Related Links
Instant Feedback and Links to Show Related Media
O&A Show Facebook Page
Jason Yeiter’s Awesome O&A/R&F YouTube Channel
VideOandA
OpieRadio.com
Ant's Live From The Compound
JimNorton.com
Opie's Twitter
Ant's Twitter
Jimmy's Twitter
E-Rock's Twitter
Sam's Twitter
Travis' Twitter
Roland's Twitter
Sal's Twitter
Troy's Twitter

The Ron and Fez Show
Weekdays, 12pm-3pm
on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99
866-RON-0-FEZ
That’s 866-RON-0-FEZ

After years and years of putting up with Fez’s silence and locking up on the air, Ron Bennington was fed up with it. Ron started making some noises that he was very dissatisfied with the direction the Ron and Fez Show was going in, and was open on air about something needing to change. Fez, meanwhile, was quite happy with the status quo, of silently sitting there in his own misery while Ron and Pepper Hicks did all the work on air. After a nice, pleasant dinner with the bosses, Ron and Pepper left feeling happy about the future of the show with SiriusXM, though Fez didn’t like his steak because “it had spices on it”. The next day, it became apparent that, in Fez’s mind, the dinner wasn’t so much fun, as he thought the bosses were conspiring to get him off the show. What followed was one of the most uncomfortable, and compelling, hours of radio in history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yf6iqTjTFQ

This also turned into the most uncomfortable live read for cookies you’ll ever hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc_avhLQoeM

Clearly, something had to change, and change it did. Ron announced on December 6 the the Ron & Fez Show will be moving to Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99, starting Monday, January 6. Ron has some great ideas for the new show on Raw Dog SiriusXM Comedy Hits 99, with a new focus on comedy, befitting their status as the new cornerstone on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99. Once on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99, the plan is to have lots of comedians on, with new bits, new imaging, new staff, live shows, and all kinds of other surprises. Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99 is sure lucky to have the Ron & Fez Show, only on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99.

But moving channels to Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99 doesn’t address what a mess Fez is, does it? Of course it does! Y’see, Fez has a newfound focus on the show. He’s bringing back his old bits and characters, and some new ones will be coming soon on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99. And, what if Fez doesn’t turn over a new leaf on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99? Well, Fez renegotiated his deal, so that after three months on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99, Fez will be evaluated. If the bosses don’t like what they hear from Fez on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99, then he’s out the door. Could this really be the end of Ron & Fez? Or will Fez turn it around? Find out this January on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99!

R&F Show Related Links
TheRonAndFezShow.com
The Interrobang, the show prep site for R&F
Ronfez.net, the former unofficial R&F site
East Side Dave Country
Ron Bennington Interviews The secret password is "Ron Bennington"

Some basic ground rules in this thread: Discussion of other radio shows is not prohibited in this thread since that is often a topic on O&A, just keep things civil and stay out of the Stern thread with your O&A fandom. This thread isn't about O&A vs Stern and Bubba even though it may come up from time to time. You are expected to uphold a standard of conduct. Be smart, avoid blind fanboyism and trolling. We've done a mostly good job in these thread so let's keep it up. Expressing your disgust for a person, bit, or the show in general is fine, just keep it civil please.

TL fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
New to Ron & Fez? Check out my stupid YouTube playlist!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVQkEl0-Qf5bgpzUOoNkhyya66eH16mey

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
I assume it would have been mentioned in the thread, but has Ron revealed the Christmas gift? He said he would when the show returned, right?

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Atarian posted:

I assume it would have been mentioned in the thread, but has Ron revealed the Christmas gift? He said he would when the show returned, right?

They return on Monday. Fingers crossed!

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

CLIP CLOP CLIP CLOP YOU CENTAUR MOTHER FUCKER

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
Could have fooled me that this was the O&A thread.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

yourafagpleasedie posted:

New thread, same as the last.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Maybe try reading the title then. We discuss both threads here. Sometimes we talk more about one than the other. You're welcome to not read it if it upsets you.

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

Stop being a disingenuous internet troll who hides behind a fake username.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to Jay Leno

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

Shut up oval office, it's #somehomo time.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You forgot to mention Danny got fired finally and IIRC is still on the outs with Anthony while retreating to the O&A retirement home that is Rockstar Games

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I help my toddler dress and undress her dollies #somehomo

I like good soft cheese and free range meat #somehomo

I listen to the Ron and Fez Show on Sirius XM RawDog Comedy Hits 99 #somehomo

e: poo poo I hosed it up.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
To another year of hearing you guys complain about opie and Anthony and another year of you guys hearing if Ron and Fez is just one huge bit.

Also predictions to Ron and Fez, nothing will change. Fez will still be crazy Fez. The new channel will just be ok..since they're not really revealing or giving what the people want. Things will fall into place until the next contract. I doubt Fez will be fired. It's just another bit that won't pay off.

Also the gift will be so lame that Ronnie be will have to sell it while Hicks tries to feign amazement. Unless it's a jar of semen or a picture of Ron sleeping, I doubt it will be good.

It's going to start off as " The reason this card is so weird is because I said once that I hated Reindeer and..." then they'll go on for an hour on the lame gift.

But who knows. Ronnie likes giving poo poo for Fez bits not paying off, 3 years, he better deliver.

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.
The gift is Fez's dead, stuffed cat.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

call me charlie Rules.

Also great thread TL, as always

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

ChristianDB posted:

Also the gift will be so lame that Ronnie be will have to sell it while Hicks tries to feign amazement. Unless it's a jar of semen or a picture of Ron sleeping, I doubt it will be good.

It's going to start off as " The reason this card is so weird is because I said once that I hated Reindeer and..." then they'll go on for an hour on the lame gift.

But who knows. Ronnie likes giving poo poo for Fez bits not paying off, 3 years, he better deliver.

You're missing the entire work. There never was a gift.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cool, I'm excited for the Ron and Hicks show to return Monday. I wish they had played some older classic R/F shows instead of just the last 10 or so leading up to the break.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Speaking of, is O&A going to be on at normal time on Monday?

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

eightysixed posted:

If by normal time, you mean starting live at 3pm, then yeah.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

If by normal time, you mean starting live at 3pm, then yeah.

:stare:

Seriously? I thought the move to afternoon's idea was successfully squashed? :ohdear: The OP didn't make that clear, in that case, I don't think. So basically there is no good comedy radio in the morning, anymore? Time to dive more into Podcasts, I guess :(

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

eightysixed posted:

The worst of's and sam roberts show have all been saying they're back at 6am monday.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Birthday Cake posted:

The worst of's and sam roberts show have all been saying they're back at 6am monday.

That's what I thought :confused:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Lady Di is tweeting the SiriusXM account and asking them to tell O&A to call her when they get back. Good gods that woman is retarded.

https://twitter.com/dianaorbani777/status/418795087716691968

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

AndrewP posted:

Cool, I'm excited for the Ron and Hicks show to return Monday. I wish they had played some older classic R/F shows instead of just the last 10 or so leading up to the break.

Yeah, it's too bad that Pepper was taught by Black Earl that a best of is just a replay of a show from last week.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
Is there something out there that says O&A is now on at 3 PM? Something official? What the gently caress am I supposed to do while goofing off all morning?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

You forgot to mention Danny got fired finally and IIRC is still on the outs with Anthony while retreating to the O&A retirement home that is Rockstar Games

That was in the OP on the last thread.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Guys, pretty sure CanadianJericholeaf was just having a laugh. The show will be back Monday 6am.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Can somebody email this to the show for me? I'd do it myself but they never respond to anything I send them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lky8FarN36U

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

UncleMonkey posted:

Guys, pretty sure CanadianJericholeaf was just having a laugh. The show will be back Monday 6am.

Fair enough :mad:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Well, this is something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYsEAEGfWUI

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

He looks rough.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That mustache is so loving awful.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

therealjon_ posted:

That mustache is so loving awful.
The mustache is fine, it's just the person attached to it.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
Here's the changes to the show happening next week:

Opie posted:

Back mon w/ live shows and new start time, 6:30-10:30am. @notsam will do 30min pre show and post show. Replays rest of day starting at 11am
https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/419496999302352898

The great Tim Sabien at work.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Birthday Cake posted:

Here's the changes to the show happening next week:

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/419496999302352898

The great Tim Sabien at work.

I can't imagine the channel lasting long in that state.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

So pretty much as expected. I hope they are working on something else because replays all day is just stupid. Although I guess at least there won't be anything competing with Ron and Fez. And really things aren't going to change too much for me I guess. O&A in the mornings. Ron and Fez noon-3. Ellis in the afternoons. Meh, whatever.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Davey Mac Sports Program going on an indefinite hiatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Untagged posted:

Davey Mac Sports Program going on an indefinite hiatus.
Yeah. Unbelievable. gently caress Sirius. Howard sues the company and hardly ever works and they bend over backwards to suck his dick. Meanwhile, they do everything they can to smother new, creative (and cheap) content. This company is such a joke.

• Locked thread