Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
:69snypa:

CharlesM posted:

Just what are you saying? :eyepop: :suspense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaMBKDA-vzw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

CharlesM posted:

Just what are you saying? :eyepop: :suspense:

He's pretty old lol

As much as I would love it, I'll likely just be fixing it up for him to sell in the near future, because after checking just now, classic car insurance would royally screw me over at this point. :(

I'm sure I'll get to take it for a spin at some point though. :D

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

If only insuring two cars simultaneously as a 21-year-old was affordable.

I replaced most of the engine harness on the Volvo 760 but couldn't finish it off, sent it to a shop to do so. Mechanic called it toast but I found a connector he missed and now it runs like a dream. Stays off the road until spring because it's not insured whenever the Olds is. I'll edit this post when I've got a chance to photograph it.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
3.1 or 3.8? Its an old lady mobile, but its about the most reliable car in the forums next to the non modified Hondas.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Winter mode.

Also got rid of my grill cuz who needs it?

Cage fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 3, 2014

Veegie
Jan 6, 2011
First wash of 2014!

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Veegie posted:

First wash of 2014!

Oh GD! I love the 1M bumper on E9Xs, but hate thinking about the intake ducting. How did you go about it?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

thealphabetsez posted:

Oh GD! I love the 1M bumper on E9Xs, but hate thinking about the intake ducting. How did you go about it?

You know I never remembered seeing pics of your white M3 after it got the super detailing done. I just checked your post history in this thread and confirmed my suspicion. Stop bogartin the goods!

Veegie
Jan 6, 2011
I ended up doing nothing.
LTBMW and my local shop I take it to both insisted if there was any loss of power without custom ducting (quoted at +$950), it would be too negligible to ever notice.
I certainly haven't noticed any increased temps or changes from the rear end-dyno - and don't track my car, so I wouldn't be too concerned if I lost a few horsepower at the cost of looking this good. :toot:

Veegie fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 4, 2014

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Let the ice racing season begin!

:getin:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Went out and had some fun in the snow we had yesterday.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Man I wish I had a 4 wheel drive monster to drive in the winter and have some fun with. My piece of poo poo 02 civic si practically shits itself every time snow and ice hits the ground.

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007
Atk:13 Add: Don't Act

Brz plus snow tires is a ton of fun!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
You don't need awd to have fun in the snow, the only reason my mustang wasn't covered in snow is because I just washed it.

Unless by 4 wheels you meant to say that your civic only has 2 wheels, that certainly would have a negative impact on driving.

Cage fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 4, 2014

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Despite having the Subaru I still drive my e30 in snow and have a shitload of fun in it. :)

Edit:

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 4, 2014

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Bob NewSCART posted:

Man I wish I had a 4 wheel drive monster to drive in the winter and have some fun with. My piece of poo poo 02 civic si practically shits itself every time snow and ice hits the ground.

I'm driving my S2000 in the snow, so you don't need AWD to have fun!

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Bob NewSCART posted:

Get an extra set of wheels + snow tires and enjoy! I love driving my 6 in the snow.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Bob NewSCART posted:

I have a set of TSX wheels with good Michelin snow tires on my Si and it's been a beast so far in the snow.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I could have waited for the snow to subside, but I did want to drive in it too.

Although I just used two-wheel for the trip.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I have a set of TSX wheels with good Michelin snow tires on my Si and it's been a beast so far in the snow.

This is the key. Once you drive with good snow tires, you realize what you've been missing. Cheapest insurance you can buy.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
And if you're stupid enough to drive around on snow & ice with summer tyres or all seasons, then you have lost your right to complain about stupid car related poo poo (if you live somewhere that gets snow for any longer period of time).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

I'm driving my S2000 in the snow, so you don't need AWD to have fun!

Or power!

:D

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I agree with all of the above statements. I bought my M3 with two sets of super summer tires (Cooper RS3S and pirelli P Zeros) but found a full set of wheels with blizzaks that were 80% new for $450 on my local classifieds. It makes Utah winters my bitch.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

meatpimp posted:

This is the key. Once you drive with good snow tires, you realize what you've been missing. Cheapest insurance you can buy.

It's pretty insane how much of a difference there is. I bought my set of cheapo wheels and blizzak ws-60 tires on local Craigslist for $600. I'll never go back. It's like the snow is only there when you want it to be. I swap the wheels out when it's above 40 though...I can only imagine how quickly that soft rubber wears in warm weather.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I can get a pretty good drift going in my cherokee on winterforces, but bang for buck on them is pretty drat good.

On the other hand my dad put blizzaks on mom's explorer and promptly took it out in a parking lot to try and do donuts in the snow. He was unable to get it to actually rotate. Based on his highway driving habits and speeding ticket pile he's not afraid of the loud pedal, either, so it's not that he was trundling around at 20% throttle the whole time.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I went out on our first snowfall when I had my cooper all seasons, it was downright silly how terrible it was. It made me regret selling my front wheel drive car a few days prior, I was genuinely scared to drive and I'm a mid 20s invincible jerk. Totally different story when my winter tires came in though, my car only slides when I want it to.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I agree with all of the above statements. I bought my M3 with two sets of super summer tires (Cooper RS3S and pirelli P Zeros) but found a full set of wheels with blizzaks that were 80% new for $450 on my local classifieds. It makes Utah winters my bitch.

I have a set of Hankook Icebears on my E90 M3, but the car is currently in the garage as we just got an S10 Blazer for winter duty so the M3 won't come out unless it's necessary. I have driven it through ice and slush and snow and all kids of crap already with the winters on it, and it's been pretty phenomenal.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

BrokenKnucklez posted:

3.1 or 3.8? Its an old lady mobile, but its about the most reliable car in the forums next to the non modified Hondas.

Commander Puddin
Sep 30, 2007
Here is a crappy cellphone pic of my 2011 392 Challenger I got back in November. It's staying in the garage until Dallas finally finishes sweeping up the tons of dirt they dumped on the roads during the great icestorm of 2013.

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002
Just drove it home yesterday :)

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Congrats, I can really dig those new 'Aston' Fords. First impressions?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Washed and waxed my '13 ST today. I debadged it also of the Focus badge (I didn't really like the font), but I forgot to photo that :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
That hatch is...hot.

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002

Michael Scott posted:

Congrats, I can really dig those new 'Aston' Fords. First impressions?

While I've tried, it feels like I haven't really messed with everything enough to get a solid enough feel for them yet. I'm missing active park assist (I couldn't tell you when the last time I parallel parked), and the adaptive cruise control for options. I wanted the ACC, but I was going to have to order it (~8 week wait) to get it. I'd held my ground for a while, but after wheeling and dealing, got this one. The 'BLIS' (Blind Spot Information System) was already cool to see in action. Packed Costco parking lot with 2 gigantic trucks parked on either side of me, there was no visibility anywhere, so backing out the light popped on once the tail end cleared the trucks and saw someone coming down the lane. I believe it's supposed to beep if something gets really close, but I'm already used to inching out of those so there was no worry. Haven't gone through too much traffic and intersections to notice it there, yet. Backup camera is pretty cool, too, with all sorts of distance graphics & warnings

Quite pleased with everything inside. It all looks and feels nice. The whole center console is touch control is quite a change for me. Being able to control radio/climate/nav via the touchscreen, or radio/climate underneath it, but they're touch control too! It can be really easy to get all sorts of stuff going that you don't necessarily want by just running your finger across it. Not really complaint, just something to learn. I'd read a whole lot about the MyFordTouch deal before I bought it, and so far it's worked fine for me. I don't know if I have the most up to date version or not, I haven't looked. Of course once I get everything all set up, you can control just about everything from the center console with dual control pads on the steering wheel too. My only problem has been my phone itself not autoconnecting to bluetooth. Pretty sure this is just my phones problem, though, as I've noticed it with other bluetooth connectivity in the past.

My only other experience with a hybrid is my Dad's '08 Camry. It's a little bigger, but feels roomier, and feels like I have a little better visibility. Could be the newness of it, or the lithium ion batteries (mine) vs nickel hydride (his), but it stays in EV mode for a decent bit longer before it kicks the gas on to charge the battery back up.

Longer tests will have to be overall mpg on the highway for work. Speed limit is 65, but it will cruise in EV-mode @ 62. Even going over I figure it will be a respectable mpg while not hitting the actual sticker numbers. However, I did read something about some people getting an ECU patch that allows EV-mode cruising up to 80 mph with previous year vehicles.

Did that qualify as a first impression? Felt kinda like rambling to me, I dunno :) It's only the 2nd day, so I'm loving it so far!

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
Ol' Unreliable reached a new milestone pulling into a Dunkin' Donuts for coffee today...

By 1960's standards she's half dead.

Clarise wasn't impressed

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Breaking trail in 4 inches of snow. Yea I totally ran over that plowing stake since I wasn't sure which side to pass it on.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hibernating WRX to avoid New Jersey drivers in the snow.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

I have a 1996 Mustang Cobra

just repainted it myself not too long ago but I messed up the clearcoat mix, so I have to sand it all down and re clear it because it never cured :downs:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

'94 Suburban. Seen here offending the wealthy and entitled at the mall.

edit: That's actually pretty clean, there's mud caked under the mirrors now. Not gonna wash that off until it rains, which could be months from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Please park correctly.

Thanks,

A Person Who Also Parks