Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That isn't a fun announcement :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Untagged posted:

Davey Mac Sports Program going on an indefinite hiatus.

Does that include the riotcast version?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
To be fair, as much as they talk about "going past 10," am I the only one who is up early enough to know that they usually always (pretty much every day) start at about 6:15 - 6:20am? So when they go late, they are, at the very least, only making up their time. So when Opie says "WE WENT 10 MINUTES PAST GUYS!," they're still not filling their timeslot :v:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

eightysixed posted:

To be fair, as much as they talk about "going past 10," am I the only one who is up early enough to know that they usually always (pretty much every day) start at about 6:15 - 6:20am? So when they go late, they are, at the very least, only making up their time. So when Opie says "WE WENT 10 MINUTES PAST GUYS!," they're still not filling their timeslot :v:
Yeah, but don't expect them to see it that way. THEY ARE SO OVERWORKED AND EXTREMELY UNDERPAID YOU ASSHOLES DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW UNFAIR AND HARD THEIR LIVES ARE!

It really is incredible that Opie thinks it's such an outrage that a company would not let him take as many "sick days" as he wants whenever he wants without starting to dock his pay. They work less than 20 hours a week and act like they have the biggest raw deal of all time.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Call Me Charlie posted:

Does that include the riotcast version?

They said their Tuesday podcast will continue. I've never listened to it so if that's the riotcast version of the show then yes it will continue for now.

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet
I'm new to the Ron&Fez show... My introduction was this year's jocktober, then the blueberry incident, and then listening to the link in the OP and then a few other older recordings that I found on youtube and... What exactly is Fez's deal? When and why did he basically shut down and stop participating on the show? Was it before or after he came out?

Any insight into Fez would be helpful

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ducktales Blogger posted:

I'm new to the Ron&Fez show... My introduction was this year's jocktober, then the blueberry incident, and then listening to the link in the OP and then a few other older recordings that I found on youtube and... What exactly is Fez's deal? When and why did he basically shut down and stop participating on the show? Was it before or after he came out?

Before. When the decline started depends on who you ask and how long they've been listening, really; when I started listening in early 2009 I liked Fez, but many people say the decline started before that.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Fez has always been a weird duck. His problems first appeared on air in 2002 when they were at WNEW, things began to amplify when they moved to Washington DC (2004?) and he went completely off the rails when he had his first heart attack a few weeks after their first XM broadcast.

He's never been able to get a handle on it after that point and it's been worked into the character of Fez Whatley.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Fez started shutting down in the last few months they were at WJFK in DC/VA. It's been a long time, so I don't remember for sure when it started. But the PD at WJFK was noticing it and commenting on it and Ron went off on him on the air big time several times. So Fez was on the decline well before they made the switch to XM.

If I remember correctly from what they said when Fez came out on the air, Fez first came out to Ron in Manassas (when they were at WJFK). So Fez being locked up has been going on a long time.

I can say though, having grown up in the DC area and having listened to the show since they first started on WJFK, Fez was amazing. Amazing. He was so incredibly funny. Even my parents loved the show because it was so clever, creative and unique.

I really wish the show could be at the level of genius it was on FM. Because goddamn was it good.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

Yeah. Unbelievable. gently caress Sirius. Howard sues the company and hardly ever works and they bend over backwards to suck his dick. Meanwhile, they do everything they can to smother new, creative (and cheap) content. This company is such a joke.

What the gently caress? Did he say anything about the Ron and Fez channel? He made it sound like there was good news for him on facebook.

Riocast show is better anyways. Gabe sucked and I don't know why Davey Mac wanted him there. Roy and sean-o are great though.

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

Hope this helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M025yeaDUs4

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001

"Hey Skippy, what does cookie taste like?"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it'll be funny when O&As start time is pushed back incrementally until they're in afternoons

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Untagged posted:

What the gently caress. I don't listen because I'm not a sports dude or what ever but Dave is such a team player. Give the loving guy a break for once. What a poo poo company.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it'll be funny when O&As start time is pushed back incrementally until they're in afternoons

I'm sure those workhorses will still commit to their race to the elevator because their babysitters don't have the proper skill set on how to run the channel and otherwise figure it out, in the end.

:bang:

HarvestFly94
Nov 4, 2002

Who betta than Mortis?

bunky posted:

What the gently caress. I don't listen because I'm not a sports dude or what ever but Dave is such a team player. Give the loving guy a break for once. What a poo poo company.

I'm not a sports fan either, and I never miss an episode. Dave's show actually has very little to do with sports most of the time. To the point where you occasionally hear Pepper in the background saying "Isn't this supposed to be a sports show?" Sports might take up 25% of the time, if that much. They talk way more about drugs, booze, music, movies, Dave jerking off, and Pepper's cock.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

bunky posted:

Hey man, times is tough. They just couldn't afford Dave's $500 a month salary anymore.

Kreg
Sep 2, 2006
Could it be O&A no longer want him on the channel if Ron and Fez are leaving?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kreg posted:

It could be. I imagine there is some backstage drama going on between the two shows.

I like Davey Mac and Pepper, but I couldn't listen to their sports show. Too much cumsies and not enough sports. On top of which, most of the sports chat was super-local to the NY area. There is a market for their concept, but they needed to be more nationally focused.

My 2 cents.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
Jim thinks his Wednesday show is also cancelled.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kreg posted:

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

It could be. I imagine there is some backstage drama going on between the two shows.

It's probably fallout from all the Fez paranoia. Having a friend come out and accuse you of plotting to get them fired has got to hurt on some level. That said, I don't see O&A doing anything to alienate Ron. I'm guessing all of this confusion is nothing more than O&A's typical response to running their channel, which is a combination of 'too much effort; never mind' and 'gently caress it, I'm going home.'

Prons
Oct 11, 2012

Chick Magnet.
Does any video exist of Stalker Patti being made over on Muarry?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Amphion posted:

i used to look forward to his wednesday show until it turned into rehab jimmy helping every trucker in america deal with alcoholism or dick problems

i also don't think the new time was all managements idea, it allows them to scoop up the dregs sam used to get at 10 o'clock

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Amphion posted:

Not a huge loss. The advice show started strong but it went downhill fast.

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

cochise posted:

but enough about the Ron and Fez show......

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Kreg posted:

I don't remember the exact phrasing but they said management told them something like "we want to see how things on the channel shake out first". So probably a bit of management and a bit of OandA using an opportunity to reset the channel as theirs only right now.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Prons posted:

Does any video exist of Stalker Patti being made over on Muarry?
I remember seeing clips of it on Foundry, so it's gotta be around somewhere.

I remember a funny moment years later when Louis CK was in studio, Maury was on TV the studio and it was the Stalker Patti episode, and Louie notices it and goes "Is...is that Stalker Patti on Maury?" and they just completely brush it off. "Huh? Oh, yeah, that is her. Anyway, we have this audio..."

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

PatrickBateman posted:

but enough about the Ron and Fez show......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgRvYhNitM8

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
Is there anyway for management to step in and tell them to shut the gently caress up with the bitching? I really don't wanna hear OPIE rant all next week.

Hey at least now the show will probably start with Jimmy there.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Kreg posted:

I always got the impression that O&A were a little bit scared of him

cochise posted:

:sax:

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Hey man, times is tough. They just couldn't afford Dave's $500 a month salary anymore.

500? He said he got 50 bucks a week for that show. Often he'd say that getting into the city was losing him money.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

ChristianDB posted:

500? He said he got 50 bucks a week for that show. Often he'd say that getting into the city was losing him money.

Wasn't that for Special Delivery? I'm losing track.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

bunky posted:

Wasn't that for Special Delivery? I'm losing track.

You think he got a raise after he quit?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ChristianDB posted:

I could have sworn he said $125 a show after he quit Ron & Fez.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I could have sworn he said $125 a show after he quit Ron & Fez.

maybe I'm confused with his riotcast podcast. But I could've sworn it was something so low that I had respect for him and pepper more.

I also remember 50 bucks must be under the table because it is so astronomically know that I couldn't believe a big corporation would pay talent like that.

JoachimLPQ
Nov 8, 2006

JFYM

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i used to look forward to his wednesday show until it turned into rehab jimmy helping every trucker in america deal with alcoholism or dick problems

What? You didn't look forward to the same awful "Next we have a guy who has an addiction to hookers, Jim in New York...." joke every show?

They really desperately need better producers/Sirius management. Which isn't a complaint about Sam/Erock and the rest or a "LET THE BOYS BE THEMSELVES" thing, but they need someone with some amount of authority to tell them to stop the incessant bitching and moaning over such nonsense, because it seems every major radio show that goes down the shitter is largely due to the host(s) becoming so big they no longer have to listen to anyone and just become self-absorbed shitbags.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Untagged posted:

This is the stupidest thing. Just what I wanted to hear after O&A, even more loving replays. Assholes.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

I'm hoping this reshuffle is all an elaborate means to clear the decks for a CQ, Bobo and Lady Di call-in hour.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I bet that Fez will be out of the show by 1 pm. Try to talk for about 30 minutes, sputter in stuff for about 20, get silent & Ron berates him, then goes blank until the show ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

suddenlyissoon posted:

I bet that Fez will be out of the show by 1 pm. Try to talk for about 30 minutes, sputter in stuff for about 20, get silent & Ron berates him, then goes blank until the show ends.

We can only hope.

• Locked thread