Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dakota got a present!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
Dakota is getting big :3:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He's almost 15 lbs now. In a week or two he's gonna have a family reunion when the new litter gets picked up.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Scuda's 90 lbs at 9 months. :smugdog:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXgnIP4rMoI

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

That's rude.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thanks.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 5, 2014

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Call animal control or the police. I know here in St. Louis they're citing owners and taking their dogs if they're left outside.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good point. \/\/

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 5, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Dogs are super cool

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 5, 2014

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Why not call the county police/animal control. If the he's not in the city's jurisdiction, call the authorities from the county he lives in.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
County defers to city since city is suppose to have the resources to cover. Also they don't really recognize it as their issue since the city annexed it a few years ago, but a few months later decided against because they couldn't afford to provide services, so they stopped collecting taxes from that area but county doesn't want anything to do with Memphis' sloppy seconds.

I didn't think about it until now but I have an acquaintance in another local town's police force, probably get further calling him.

City services here are all sorts of hosed. I technically live in Memphis city limits but it's a suburb with it's own name and Memphis only has half of it, the other half is run by a local mayor and whatnot, but it's a split city and all sorts of hosed up. If you really want to see a hosed city, politically and socially, come to beautiful Memphis!

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 5, 2014

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Local law enforcement refusing to step in for justice? Throw the puppy a bag of Skittles and call Al Sharpton

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Got to bring Moxie home... Good dogge

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why would you ever leave a dog outside in the cold? Dogs are the best bed warmers :kimchi:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Toxoplasmosis in Rats. Cool!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Happy pics and sad pics...

Logan got two big rawhide bones for Christmas, so we gave him one early and the really big one on New Year's Eve...it was a giant candy-cane shaped bone about 4' tall (but mostly hollow, so it only took like 3 days for him to eat it).

He was REALLY excited as soon as he saw it. We didn't get a picture of it, but while I was trying to get it unwrapped from the plastic he actually grabbed part of the plastic to try and pull it off.

The rest of the night, he just ran around with it, smacking all the furniture/people and just being insanely happy to have it.

Today, he's less happy. Snip snip.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Godholio posted:

Today, he's less happy. Snip snip.

My condolences.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

rip his balls

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

He'll be back to a less annoying version of his normal self in no time.

Also

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Holy poo poo :3:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dakota's friend Eddy came over last night for the national championship. I'm just glad they showed up a half hour before so that the dogs were basically out by half time. Little fucker is so god damned fast now.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

After spending all night being mopy, confused by the cone, insanely cuddly (wanted his face/head petted), and occasionally wimpering to himself, Logan appears to be feeling ok today. He ran up and down the stairs, sprinted across the yard, and jumped up when I got home today. He's still wearing the cone, so I'm pretty sure he's going to snap his goddamn neck because he still gets hooked on walls, furniture, and people...but now he's doing it at speed.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I had to get a neckbrace for my rottweiler when he got his balls taken because he would just rampage into walls and poo poo until he broke the cone off. The 3 days he was in the kennel he went through 4 loving cones at like $35 a piece :negative:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Thunder didn't even use a cone and was home like 4 hours after surgery y'all got some weak rear end dogs

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

genderstomper58 posted:

Thunder didn't even use a cone and was home like 4 hours after surgery y'all got some weak rear end dogs

Sorry your dog didn't miss it's balls or whatever

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Life is like a box of chocolates. :3:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Godholio posted:

After spending all night being mopy, confused by the cone, insanely cuddly (wanted his face/head petted), and occasionally wimpering to himself, Logan appears to be feeling ok today. He ran up and down the stairs, sprinted across the yard, and jumped up when I got home today. He's still wearing the cone, so I'm pretty sure he's going to snap his goddamn neck because he still gets hooked on walls, furniture, and people...but now he's doing it at speed.

We had Archer get...whatever stomach surgery bigger breeds usually need, at the same time he was neutered. So it was double tough since he couldn't run or jump for like two weeks. Well, physically he COULD but he wasn't supposed to.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Here is someone else's dog

falconry posted:

Happy belated New Years goons, my dad's family got another corgi pup:

Perhaps part Gremlin?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Godholio posted:

Forgot to mention, Logan escaped the cone of shame. It lasted almost a day and a half.

The vet had tied some fabric into a harness (basically shaped like a harness you can buy) and the narrow end of the cone had some loops for attaching it to the harness. Somehow, while I was out of the house for about 90 minutes, Logan got the harness off, which allowed him to remove the cone. Then he chewed off all of the attaching loops in an attempt to render it unusable. Then he just chewed it in general, making it a mess. But if he starts diving into that nutsack I'm gonna punch holes in it and attach it to his actual harness. So far he hasn't been messing with his junk too much...but he's definitely feeling better, he's been hauling rear end all over the place, trying to play, jumping on furniture, etc.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
So yeah, I don't have a dog, but my parents do and I want to steal her.

This is Kadi.

From what I've been told, she's been trained for search and rescue. Tons of energy, and afraid of cats, she's pretty hilarious.

Also, I don't know what breed she is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

Forgot to mention, Logan escaped the cone of shame. It lasted almost a day and a half.

The vet had tied some fabric into a harness (basically shaped like a harness you can buy) and the narrow end of the cone had some loops for attaching it to the harness. Somehow, while I was out of the house for about 90 minutes, Logan got the harness off, which allowed him to remove the cone. Then he chewed off all of the attaching loops in an attempt to render it unusable. Then he just chewed it in general, making it a mess. But if he starts diving into that nutsack I'm gonna punch holes in it and attach it to his actual harness. So far he hasn't been messing with his junk too much...but he's definitely feeling better, he's been hauling rear end all over the place, trying to play, jumping on furniture, etc.

Dakota is getting snipped tuesday. He ran away last night when my roommate was taking him out and made it half the block before we found him. He's not allowed out off the leash anymore until we get rid of his urges to run around and mark. Just started this week.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

fromoutofnowhere posted:

So yeah, I don't have a dog, but my parents do and I want to steal her.

This is Kadi.

From what I've been told, she's been trained for search and rescue. Tons of energy, and afraid of cats, she's pretty hilarious.

Also, I don't know what breed she is.

Hi Kadi :3:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah...Logan was fine about sticking close and returning on command when he was little, but a couple of weeks ago it took about 30 minutes for me to corner him in someone's RV park (driveway extension next to the garage, dunno what it's called elsewhere) which had a fence blocking off their backyard. He knew he was in trouble, since he'd just finished wrecking a winter boot before we got home and he bolted through the garage door while I was carrying groceries.

Once I'm no longer worried about him injuring himself and some of this snow melts, I'm planning on working on recall commands again. He's fine at home, but the last trip to Petsmart was drat near a disaster and chasing him around the neighborhood got old after 15 seconds. I've got a 50-ft lead just waiting for the opportunity.

He hasn't started marking or humping though, so I'm hopeful he just won't learn those behaviors.

Edit: Thread needs more Duncan.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well, he hasn't ever run off from me, but I didn't want to take the chance. We made sure that when we found him and he came running to me that I didn't at all make him feel like he was in trouble. He does pretty well most of the time, but I can tell he's got teenage hormones racing around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Godholio posted:

Edit: Thread needs more Duncan.

Sup