Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Has Arino ever played Nintendo's Arm Wrestling?

I'm not sure, but he's played an Arm Wrestling thing in the GCCX in America special. He and Abe got destroyed on the hardest difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm not sure, but he's played an Arm Wrestling thing in the GCCX in America special. He and Abe got destroyed on the hardest difficulty.

It's a different one than that. Nintendo Arm Wrestlinh is a single player cabinet. Sorta like Punch Out, but with a stick that only moves left, right, and can be pulled up. It's pretty fun but hell on your arm.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Apollove posted:

So what's everyone's favorite Nintendo Channel special? I personally like the Super Metroid one

Haven't seen too many of them, but the recent NES Remix episode stands up with some of the better full length episodes, as far as I'm concerned.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Has Arino ever played Nintendo's Arm Wrestling?

No. He played a different arm wrestling video game in the Phoenix episode, though.

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos

Apollove posted:

So what's everyone's favorite Nintendo Channel special? I personally like the Super Metroid one

I honestly really enjoyed the Fire Emblem ones.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Apollove posted:

So what's everyone's favorite Nintendo Channel special?
NES Remix definitely... There's something great about Arino and a trio of children getting extremely competitive and taunting/intimidating each other over a video game. Plus, the game itself looks pretty fun and makes me want to get a Wii U even more. :)

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
New episode:

1/9/2014
Bukodan Commentary

Can't wait to see the highlights from the Bukodan live special. Hope the raw from the live challenge is up somewhere online soon.

Edit: The raw videos foo the Bukodan live videos.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x193d5y_game-center-cx-arino-s-challenge-in-budokan-1_videogames
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x193del_game-center-cx-arino-s-challenge-in-budokan-2_videogames

Here is the video of the brief 2014 New Years Special. Same format as the previous 2. Arino, D Fujimoto, and Abe giving their final thought for the year. Will we ever see 2013's video subbed soon?

https://www.dailymotion.com/Nigoli2#video=x1938ig

joek0 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 3, 2014

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What was episode 171?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

What was episode 171?

Episode #171 Aeigina's Prophecy Part 2.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Apollove posted:

I'd say there's probably a three-way tie between Super Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Splatterhouse. The last two are more because of the games themselves, while I thought Arino's playthrough of SM was absolutely hilarious.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
I'm watching part one right now and I'm wondering was Super Mario Bros a live challenge earlier this last year (I'm still not used to it being 2014 :() that I haven't seen yet? Going by the footage they used of the original challenge, it looks like it probably was. :confused:

Also, I can't wait for this to get translated. It's been great so far and I might even splurge and watch part two right after part one. :)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Obeast posted:

I'm watching part one right now and I'm wondering was Super Mario Bros a live challenge earlier this last year (I'm still not used to it being 2014 :() that I haven't seen yet? Going by the footage they used of the original challenge, it looks like it probably was. :confused:

Yeah, there were some specials last year, a Famicom 30th year anniversary special that featured Mega Man 2 and also the Super Mario Bros. live challenge.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Azazell0 posted:

Yeah, there were some specials last year, a Famicom 30th year anniversary special that featured Mega Man 2 and also the Super Mario Bros. live challenge.
Ahh, okay... I'm gonna have to find and watch that, then since I wanna see if Arino finally conquers MM2.

Also, I just finished watching part two and it was amazing. I really hope this gets translated soon-ish. :)

Quick question, though... Was the release of the translated Derby Stallion episode meant to coincide with the Bukodan special airing since the secret game was Derby Stallion?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

joek0 posted:

New episode:

1/9/2014
Bukodan Commentary

Can't wait to see the highlights from the Bukodan live special. Hope the raw from the live challenge is up somewhere online soon.

Thanks for the links. I'm watching it right now and it's very entertaining. I really expected him to beat Popinski on his last run but he just kept getting up. Then Arino missed his stomach-punch and it was over.

Spoiler about MM2 live challenge, don't read if you don't want to know the result: The broadcast runs out of time before he can end it, but supposedly they aired a new version where he did beat the game on extra time. I only have the RAW version where he runs out of time so if anyone knows where I can find the other version I'd like to see it as well.

Finished the whole special now. It was every bit as awesome as I hoped, hopefully we'll see a translation in the near future (although you can get a pretty good idea what's going on even watching the RAW).

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 4, 2014

Raife
Feb 2, 2004
I just wanted to say thank you for how well the SA-GCCX site is organized. I haven't been able to keep up with this thread the way I would like and going through the site and finding the episodes I had missed took me much less time than going through the forums. The design on the site is gorgeous as well which doesn't hurt. Can't wait to see how it develops further.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
I'm sure you all have your favorite singular episode of GC-CX but what's your favorite overall season?

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

Apollove posted:

I'm sure you all have your favorite singular episode of GC-CX but what's your favorite overall season?

Probably 4, since its the only one with a lot of actual continuity between the weeks, and it has so many good episodes in its collection, between Adventure Island, Ninja Gaiden, Lord Ambition's Quiz, Actraiser, and pretty much every other episode in the season. The only real meh part of the season was Urawaza Jet Stream, which is a good, but not great seasonal segment

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Apollove posted:

4 is pretty solid but I'd still have to say 3 is my overall favourite. A great line-up of episodes like Tokimeki, Takeshi's castle and Super Mario World. From newer seasons 15 is pretty good and it heavily features AD Takahashi.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've been out of the gccx loop for a few months. On the plus side, I have a decent backlog of eps to get through.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Got a new package from Gascoin Company! It's a good one.

The Xmas & New Years cards given out at the stamp rally event. Hand-written messages from Katayama, Nakayama, Kan, Matsui, Inoue, and some new ADs and AP I'm unfamiliar with.

Delinquent Daimyos tenugui (which I thought was discontinued -- I guess they have some left), phone cover, blinkie LED pin, and something money can't buy: a "GCCX The Movie" staff T-shirt! Pictured is the back; the front has the movie logo on the chest.

The latest DVD set...which I had already bought before I found out they sent me one. But this one is very special because...

...it has a message from Arino! This one's a little tough to translate, but it roughly says "To Nina, let's continue our never-see-each-other relationship. Chief of GCCX Shinya Arino"

Awesome! I never ask anything of them and they keep doing stuff like this. Very cool folks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man you're so lucky getting all this good stuff. Also I never knew there was so many "mascots" until seeing those coins. Keep up the good work, zari.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Got a new package from Gascoin Company!

Amazing. You could reply to the Xmas cards with your Toujimare picture!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
You deserve everything you get and more. Nice of them to remember you this way.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

It's completely thanks to this thread really. Remember when I first posted here as a random fan with just a Takahashi T-shirt...

This new one is my favourite GCCX item now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

It's completely thanks to this thread really. Remember when I first posted here as a random fan with just a Takahashi T-shirt...

I told you to get an AD credit. We could be calling you AD zari-gani right now.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Arino's message is the best.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

zari-gani posted:

...it has a message from Arino! This one's a little tough to translate, but it roughly says "To Nina, let's continue our never-see-each-other relationship. Chief of GCCX Shinya Arino"

Awesome! I never ask anything of them and they keep doing stuff like this. Very cool folks.

This is so absolutely amazing and Arino. :3:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

zari-gani posted:

Nice shirt!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

zari-gani posted:

That is so Arino it's incredible. For such a small message, it still exudes his style very noticeably. Also, those gifts are awesome.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

zari-gani posted:

If I were you I would never take it off. I would shower in the drat thing.

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!

zari-gani posted:

Aaaaahhhh that's awesome!

It's sweet of them to send you such nice swag.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I only now watched Derby Stallion episode and it instantly became one of my favorites. The races were pretty intense with everyone screaming at the top of their lungs and Arino incorporating the staff in the game was hilarious. Thanks to the translating team for going the extra mile to come up with appropriate translations to the silly horse name puns, it really added to the experience.

Hopefully Captain Tsubasa episode will be at least half as entertaining as Derby Stallion is, that's something I'm looking forward to, even if the result was spoiled in the Karnov episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That package goes to prove that no good deed goes unrewarded.
The only thing that I feel sort of sad about regarding SA-GCCX is that there's no SA-Gaki no Tsukai group of equal quality and love you guys put into this.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Aurain posted:

The only thing that I feel sort of sad about regarding SA-GCCX is that there's no SA-Gaki no Tsukai group of equal quality and love you guys put into this.

If I wasn't doing GCCX, I'd definitely been doing Gaki no Tsukai. That's what I originally used to fansub.

And Gutcruncher, I'm doing the opposite of what you'd do: never wear it for fear of getting it ruined somehow...

Some news:

How to get the Arino Hello Kitty
http://l-tike.com/gd/gccx.html
With movie ticket, 4000 yen
Without movie ticket, 2800 yen

Reserve one between January 1st and February 21st at a Lawsons or a Loppi machine at a Mini-Stop. Pick it up from March 31 to somewhere in September. (I've got one on reserve already thanks to a friend in Japan!)

New GCCX The Movie trailer up on the official site:
http://gccx-movie.jp/

And GCCX in USA will become a rental DVD starting February 15th, and it includes a never-before-seen clip: "A Weird Interview in an LA Rooftop Parking Lot". Kan says it was too stupid to put on TV.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zari-gani posted:

If I wasn't doing GCCX, I'd definitely been doing Gaki no Tsukai. That's what I originally used to fansub.

And Gutcruncher, I'm doing the opposite of what you'd do: never wear it for fear of getting it ruined somehow...

Some news:

Reserve one between January 1st and February 21st at a Lawsons or a Loppi machine at a Mini-Stop. Pick it up from March 31 to somewhere in September. (I've got one on reserve already thanks to a friend in Japan!)

New GCCX The Movie trailer up on the official site:
http://gccx-movie.jp/

And GCCX in USA will become a rental DVD starting February 15th, and it includes a never-before-seen clip: "A Weird Interview in an LA Rooftop Parking Lot". Kan says it was too stupid to put on TV.

Bet it feels weird seeing your artwork on the DVD boxart for GCCX in USA?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Rirse posted:

Bet it feels weird seeing your artwork on the DVD boxart for GCCX in USA?

More like I feel artist's remorse for not polishing it out more. Though it's not like I had any idea it would get so much exposure at the time. At least I was able to (in my own head) redeem myself with the birthday and movie pics.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 8, 2014

Krioni
Oct 9, 2012
Did I just see who I think I saw in that trailer?

Toujima at the school entrance 0:32 on the second trailer
Man I want to watch this so bad now.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Krioni posted:

Oh my god yes. I could've sworn I read in the thread cast/crew from GCCX would appear in the past parts, but I'm not sure. I am super excited for this.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

zari-gani posted:

So I take it once someone rips it, it'll be translated, right? Anything someone describes as "too stupid" has to be seen by the masses. :)

Krioni posted:

IIRC, that was in the first real trailer as well.

Edit: Even though I've seen it a bunch of times already and is one of my favorite challenges, I'm halfway tempted to go and re-watch the Mighty Bomb Jack challenge just because of the movie trailers.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012

zari-gani posted:

At Japanese convenience stores only? They can't ever make it easy, can they? :negative: