Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Starscream posted:

I'm pretty sure trading is A-OK here.

I can't help you out as I already own Sanjuro and love it, but I too have a trade offer: I have two copies of Rashomon on BLU and am looking to unload one, still sealed. Anyone?

I have two copies of Hausu, and I am looking to unload the sealed one, if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

Twin Cinema posted:

I have two copies of Hausu, and I am looking to unload the sealed one, if you're interested.

Bought it on release day, sorry :)

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Twin Cinema posted:

How much would you want for it, including shipping to Canada?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Lord Krangdar posted:

How much would you want for it, including shipping to Canada?

I am looking to get my money back (long story as to why I have two and couldn't return one of them), so $25. I am Canadian, as well, but if you're interested, e-mail me: jacobtanner0@gmail.com.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Anyone who wants some super cheap awesome Criterion movies, I am having a big moving sale here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3601968

We're talking Criterion Blu-Rays for $12 plus shipping.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

i am not so sure posted:

Anyone who wants some super cheap awesome Criterion movies, I am having a big moving sale here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3601968

We're talking Criterion Blu-Rays for $12 plus shipping.

Posted in the thread; I'm super interested.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
In this Kickstarter video for Charlie Kaufman's new film Anomalisa, they use a cover for the Criterion of Being John Malkovich that I've never seen before. Does anyone know if this was a scrapped cover for it? If so, I like it better than the one they went with. Or, maybe it was just a fan-made cover they found on Google Image Search or something. Anyway, anyone seen it before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJnOwVAA9tg

tmfool
Dec 9, 2003

What the frak?

tmfool fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 20, 2021

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Is there a way to find all the videos that Critierion has on Hulu? The site just seems to group them in catagories

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Island Nation posted:

Is there a way to find all the videos that Critierion has on Hulu? The site just seems to group them in catagories

This should work.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Thanks, I should've checked Criterion over Hulu

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Starscream posted:

I can't help you out as I already own Sanjuro and love it, but I too have a trade offer: I have two copies of Rashomon on BLU and am looking to unload one, still sealed. Anyone?

How much for it shipped to Ohio?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

DVD Beaver on It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

General release cut is about the same other than Criterion's being sharper.

Extended cut looks really interesting. The film elements used for the 1991 laserdisc had faded since then, but the video master had most of the color intact. They overlaid the better color on the video on top of faded 70mm.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

April Criterions:

The 400 Blows (1959, Francois Truffaut) - dual format repackaging
Breaking the Waves (1996, Lars von Trier)
Riot in Cell Block 11 (1954, Don Siegel)
Il Sorpasso (1962, Dino Risi)
Master of the House (1925, Carl Theodor Dreyer)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Il Sorpasso
Riot in Cell Block 11
Master of the House
Breaking the Waves
The 400 Blows (DVD/Blu combo)

Sorpasso, Riot and BtW are all movies that I really like, but have no desire to own. Master of the House will be a rental. 400 Blows is a dumb repackaging... where the hell is the box set on Blu?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Egbert Souse posted:

Breaking the Waves (1996, Lars von Trier)

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Absolutely cannot wait for Breaking the Waves. My favorite Von Trier aside from Dogville, and I've only ever seen it non-anamorphic.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Anyone have an idea of when the next sale is? I have some money burning a whole in my pocket.

Are the coffee mugs half off during their sales, or just movies?

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I think they'll probably have one of their own in March or so? Something like that, at least if they continue on as they have in the past. Otherwise, B&N should be happening in July.

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

robix smash
Jul 21, 2003

Mario is Missing
CF thinks it's Tie Me Up Tie Me Down.

Zissou fans getting trolled by Criterion.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Life Aquatic is probably coming before the end of the year. Criterion doesn't have to do much at all. Even the film has a 4K master on the shelf from the original release.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Speaking of which, where the gently caress is Moonrise Kingdom, Criterion?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Slate Action posted:

Speaking of which, where the gently caress is Moonrise Kingdom, Criterion?

Probably next year, depending on whether The Grand Budapest Hotel goes directly to Criterion or Fox releases it first. It took two years for Criterion to get The Darjeeling Limited and four for Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Also, there's speculation that Criterion will release Ghostbusters and Dr. Strangelove. While it's a long shot (the current Blus are excellent)... they do have a partnership with Sony, both films have big anniversaries this year (30th for Ghostbusters and 50th for Dr. Strangelove), and they did release laserdisc editions. I'll believe it when it's on their site, though.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
Dr Strangelove just sounds like wishful thinking to me, plus I'm not sure how much better a Criterion would be than the Sony one (if at all) other than the ooo shiny Criterion factor.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Every title that already has a perfectly good Blu-Ray is a waste of a slot in the release schedule that could be used on something that's never been on DVD before, much less Blu-Ray. I'd be rather irked if they released Dr. Strangelove or Ghostbusters.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Speaking of that, Fantastic Mr. Fox unsurprisingly looks almost identical to the (basically flawless) existing BD release.
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews50/fantastic_mr_fox_blu-ray.htm

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

New restoration of A Hard Day's Night presented by Janus Films premiering at the TCM Classic Film Festival

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

robix smash posted:

CF thinks it's Tie Me Up Tie Me Down.

Zissou fans getting trolled by Criterion.

I haven't seen TMU!TMD!, but what is the significance of the scuba gear in the hint, if it's indeed that film?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Red posted:

I haven't seen TMU!TMD!, but what is the significance of the scuba gear in the hint, if it's indeed that film?

It's a bath toy that appears prominently.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

:smith: So there really is no chance of it being Life Aquatic.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Hey it could be the mythical double clue!

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

FitFortDanga posted:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
That's not the most prominently it appears.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This would be the first Almodovar, no?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SubG posted:

That's not the most prominently it appears.

Is it also a rare double-clue hinting at a new edition of Eddie Murphy Raw?

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
Is it Scuba Steve?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Its Thunderball!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Its Thunderball!

The tie signifies that, for James Bond, it's just another day at the office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

bobkatt013 posted:

Its Thunderball!

I thought that too but they wouldn't single out one of the main films like that, so it's probably Never Say Never Again.