Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

cursedshitbox posted:

I always try to wedge my vehicle with my passenger side against their driverside. Climb over your console you gently caress!

ding my door because youre pissed? no fucks given, rocks do it all the time.

bonus points if someone blocks their passenger side too.

I did exactly this to a newish Lincoln double parked at my complex this summer. I backed in along his driver's side leaving one inch of space between our side mirrors and one inch of space between my wheels and the curb at the end of the row. It was a perfect fit. :cawg:

.. A few days later, I came to find the Lincoln was the personal car of the Ohio State Trooper who lives in my building. Way to get put on the poo poo list, NoWake. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

nm posted:

You know who never uses turn outs? Motorcycles. Was stuck behind a harley and two BMW touring bikes from Boonville to Cloverdale on 128 the other day. loving maddening. And I can't safely pass 3 motorcycles in the very short passing zones they do have, esp with 100hp of fury in my Mazda 2.
That said, no one but locals use turn outs for the Mazda. When I had a rental Orange Dodge Charger RT (which quite frankly was slower in the turns), everyone moved.

I will say that if I'm on the bike, on a curvy highway, and it's night and there aren't street lights, I'm slowing down sometimes below car traffic due to poo poo visibility. Motorcycle lights are almost universally awful and in a leaning turn are pointing in completely the wrong direction. I try not to be a dick and to keep as far right as possible.

That's probably not why a Hog and two big Beemer baggers are dragging rear end, though.

Around here the turnoff lanes are pretty much only used for aggressively passing on the right.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I saw a police cruiser in tank commander mode this morning. Way to set an example, dude!

Last I saw of him he was turning onto a highway, no hazard there at all nosiree. :bravo:

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

nm posted:

You know who never uses turn outs? Motorcycles. Was stuck behind a harley and two BMW touring bikes from Boonville to Cloverdale on 128 the other day. loving maddening.

Presumably the harley was having trouble maintaining a reasonable speed because it's a brick with a 1920s tractor motor and the beemers were helpfully picking up all the parts that were falling off harley :v:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Galler posted:

Presumably the harley was having trouble maintaining a reasonable speed because it's a brick with a 1920s tractor motor and the beemers were helpfully picking up all the parts that were falling off harley :v:

Having trouble keeping their line riding through all that spilled oil

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Galler posted:

If Jeeps can do it, he has no excuse :colbert:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I actually saw a justified use of double parking the other day. Pulled up to Walgreens and saw a double parked SUV. Noticed it had a handicapped placard, then saw that all four handicapped spaces were also occupied (legally, at that).

I think I live near too many old people.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

nm posted:

You know who never uses turn outs? Motorcycles. Was stuck behind a harley and two BMW touring bikes from Boonville to Cloverdale on 128 the other day. loving maddening. And I can't safely pass 3 motorcycles in the very short passing zones they do have, esp with 100hp of fury in my Mazda 2.
That said, no one but locals use turn outs for the Mazda. When I had a rental Orange Dodge Charger RT (which quite frankly was slower in the turns), everyone moved.

Yeah, motorcycles riders have been doing dumb poo poo stuff as well as me, which is why I get a bit testy when I hear poo poo about "cagers" anymore. It doesn't matter what they ride, they'll pull out from a side street in front of me while I'm driving the big truck. It's like a two story tall semi is a loving stealth bomber. It might be because they are used to semi trucks going "slow" they think they all are "slow" and they can pull out in front of them at whim. That or riding the line. I know it's cool and all, but don't loving put your tires on the line when you are riding double, because that means you are in MY lane. Between that and leaning into a turn so hard that they are splitting the line, head in my lane, the motorcycle in their lane, it's no wonder they kill themselves in horrific fashion. Also note, snowpoles WILL take your head clean off, so don't loving cut in on them as well, unless you want to be the headless motorcycle rider.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I'm sorry that you felt the need to just jerk over with no blinker or warning mr E350 MB owner. I'm also very sorry that the PO of my vehicle gutted the column and my horn does not work. I'm also even more sorry that my aircraft landing lights burnt your retinas into cataracts, Now please fuckoff and die.

bikechat: If I'm on mountain roads I get the hell outta the locals way, I'll gladly use the turnout. Pretty awesome when a honda minivan is doing 60mph in 20mph turns.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I actually saw a justified use of double parking the other day. Pulled up to Walgreens and saw a double parked SUV. Noticed it had a handicapped placard, then saw that all four handicapped spaces were also occupied (legally, at that).

Yeah. Go out to Quartzsite. Half the year the place is empty with an average age of like 40, the other half it goes to Population 50,000, average age, deceased. Hell, Sun City is like that as well. Old folks hot rodding their golf carts around. Always wanted to get a PA system and just scream at them.

Well, I want to do that to most people, but I know I can get away with it with the old people, they couldn't make out the numbers on my truck.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Crossposting from a thread where this didn't belong, these are the people you share car parks with

The guy pulls in at an angle, then reverses out, and I figure he is going to get it in the generous, well marked bay that way- hell, even the best of us don't get it right first time all the time. Nope, he just needed to make sure he was parked straight, bays be damned.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

nm posted:

I had some dipshit on a loving motard do the same thing up on Skyline on New Year's Day. The worst part was he couldn't corner nearly as quickly as I could, and it wasn't for lack of trying on his part. I'd had bikes do a double-take when they realize they aren't the fastest thing on the road that day, which I think a lot of them take for granted.

No way are they using that turn-out, this is now a street race, whether you wanted to or not.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Here's a tip: try driving erratically behind them, they'll probably pull over. You probably could've shoved one up the inside tho.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Empty meme quoting tends to result in probation, Pilky.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

IOwnCalculus posted:

A friend of the family has a son with severe cerebral palsy who is in a big electric wheelchair. We went to see a play with them and there were no handicap spots so she parked to the side one spot over from the end so she could use the second spot to get him out of the van with the lift(see picture) and then left the elevator out so that people would see it and not park next to them. Well while we were in the play someone decided they couldn't stand parking 20 feet farther from the door so they drove over the lift and parked in that spot anyways despite it being a large parking lot that was no where near capacity. So when we get out not only can we not get him back in the van, but the lift is slightly damaged and we can't even get it back up so we can move the van and could load him somewhere else. So my dad did the sensible thing and went inside and proceeded to ask everyone if they knew who had parked there until he found the guy and then yelled and screamed at the guy until I though the guy was going to cry. He then shamefully walked out to his car and backed out and gave his insurance info to our friend. It ended up costing him $500 out of pocket to fix the lift because their insurance wouldn't pay for it. All that because he didn't want to park another few spots over.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
They should make the lift beefy enough to just flip cars that do that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

They should make the lift beefy enough to just flip cars that do that.

This needs to be done.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Here's a good one I got to see a couple days ago.

That picture might not look that bad but they are not in a left turn lane. They are sitting between two double yellow lines in an "island". You bet they cut off the people in the actual left turn lane when the light turned green.

Also the path they took to get there makes them extra dumb.

Passed the entire line of cars. I wonder if they even realized they were going the wrong way at one point?

Someone's even doing it in the Google maps picture. The lines are faded but you can tell from the street what you're supposed to do.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Bonus story about this intersection:
I was sitting in the same turn lane waiting for the light, which was still green for straight through. Someone went along the through lane, passing everyone on the right, and then made that left in front of traffic.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I saw an X5 blow a stop sign and then take a left across a busy road with their right blinker on today.

:bravo:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
If that's the intersection I think it is, I'd say a solid 1 in 4 cars making that left botch the approach, and I have to suspect many are doing so on purpose.

The best ones are the cars that get into that left lane too early, get confused and go flying into that stripmall there thinking it's the turn.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
I don't understand the motorcycle thing. If I'm just cruising along I hate being tailgated and will do anything to let fast cars get by because I don't trust them not to rear end me.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

West SAAB Story posted:

Empty meme quoting tends to result in probation, Pilky.

Fuckin cagers man, I tell you what :argh:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Das Volk posted:

Fuckin cagers man, I tell you what :argh:

You're in a thread full of people complaining about drivers dude...I didn't. I just gave you some advice. And look what someone said after that:

8ender posted:

I don't understand the motorcycle thing. If I'm just cruising along I hate being tailgated and will do anything to let fast cars get by because I don't trust them not to rear end me.

I solved your problem bro, no need to get mad. Now you can tear up those canyon roads without trying :)

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

nsdaP posted:

You're in a thread full of people complaining about drivers dude...I didn't. I just gave you some advice. And look what someone said after that:

I solved your problem bro, no need to get mad. Now you can tear up those canyon roads without trying :)

It's cool brah, he don't mess with my rayelin and I don't mess with his.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Atticus_1354 posted:

He then shamefully walked out to his car and backed out and gave his insurance info to our friend. It ended up costing him $500 out of pocket to fix the lift because their insurance wouldn't pay for it. All that because he didn't want to park another few spots over.

:wtc:

I'm seeing red just reading this. Knowing my temper I probably would have gone to jail had I been the one to track that asshat down.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

xzzy posted:

I saw a police cruiser in tank commander mode this morning. Way to set an example, dude!

Last I saw of him he was turning onto a highway, no hazard there at all nosiree. :bravo:

I saw something like that today.

I'm driving down the highway, coming up on a car, no oncoming traffic, so I'm speeding up a bit getting ready to pass him. Whole back of the car is coated in snow so you can't see the tailights, through the rear window, license plate, or anything. As I get closer I notice a spotlight above the driver's mirror and decide against blowing by him at 15 over. Just as soon as I touch the brakes and match speed he slows down and makes a left turn. I cannot see the brake lights or turn signal. And it's a sheriff. Had I gone ahead with the pass I think there's a pretty good chance we would have had a huge accident.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Fresh from the Belgian news:
These are the rear end in a top hat drivers others share a road with.

Police is apparently already investigating this and they know who it was.

Man drives a van on the highway, passes a truck and is cut off by someone in a BMW, who then decides to make some dangerous moves.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Smoke posted:

Fresh from the Belgian news:
These are the rear end in a top hat drivers others share a road with.

Police is apparently already investigating this and they know who it was.

Man drives a van on the highway, passes a truck and is cut off by someone in a BMW, who then decides to make some dangerous moves.

Jesus Christ, either in that situation the BMW was either passing on the right-hand shoulder or was literally on this van's rear end when the van was going to merge over to the other lane to let him go by. Drivers with this "I drive the car, I am the important one!" mentality to drive like assholes and to try and cause a collision should have their licenses revoked and have huge fines levied on them.

It's stuff like this where I'd love to get a dashcam because sometimes there's no witnesses or ample proof to prove things. Would such dashcam recordings be okay to be submitted to police in the US?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Sure. Whether or not the police will actually use the footage is an entirely different matter and will depend on the officer/department/city/whatever policy.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Post- Colorado snowing commute report: First off, this is not an uncommon amount of snow for Colorado winters. But today, I saw the following on my usual route, E470 -> I70:

People on the shoulder to clear off snow
Police pulled over two tank commanders
A minivan smashed perpendicular into the guard rail

Overall, my conclusion remains the same: gently caress Colorado Drivers.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I was all excited to break in my new dashcam with bad drivers, near misses and all other sorts of awesomeness.

All I got were considerate drivers following at sane distances at moderate speeds.

And me. Cleaning my windshield and sliding at a stoplight.:downs:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I want to thank the Chicago region snow plows for grading all the snow remaining on the roads into a nice smooth sheet of ice.

Instead of just putting down a layer of sand and leaving it be, they keep driving over the same roads with their blades down and spewing ineffective salt all over the place, only to plow it into the gutter the next time a truck comes through. I applaud their dedication to their assigned job, but one would like to think someone would eventually notice their efforts are actually making the situation worse and either stop, or try a new tactic.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Ringo Star Get posted:

Jesus Christ, either in that situation the BMW was either passing on the right-hand shoulder or was literally on this van's rear end when the van was going to merge over to the other lane to let him go by. Drivers with this "I drive the car, I am the important one!" mentality to drive like assholes and to try and cause a collision should have their licenses revoked and have huge fines levied on them.

It's stuff like this where I'd love to get a dashcam because sometimes there's no witnesses or ample proof to prove things. Would such dashcam recordings be okay to be submitted to police in the US?

As insane as the drivers in Belgium are I was surprised anyone took notice of this. Way to keep up the BMW driver rep, bub.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Tha Chodesweller posted:

Post- Colorado snowing commute report: First off, this is not an uncommon amount of snow for Colorado winters. But today, I saw the following on my usual route, E470 -> I70:

People on the shoulder to clear off snow
A minivan smashed perpendicular into the guard rail

Overall, my conclusion remains the same: gently caress Colorado Drivers.

Did you get the same joy I did seeing a PT Cruiser in the valley of the center median north of the Colfax exit?

I'm glad to see tank commanders getting pulled over.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

StormDrain posted:

Did you get the same joy I did seeing a PT Cruiser in the valley of the center median north of the Colfax exit?

I'm glad to see tank commanders getting pulled over.

I did see a car in the median there! Didn't really get a good look at it because that's one of the scarier ramps in the area, but yeah, I did see it.

To add to my previous sentiment: gently caress PT Cruisers.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Tha Chodesweller posted:

I don't believe it. Please submit evidence to back up your outlandish claim :)

superdylan
Oct 13, 2005
not 100% stupid
Of course there is always someone pulled over on 405-N during rush hour, but no cops around at night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shh2z9D5ufM

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
14 Inch's thread just reminded me.

I get to drive home on black ice tonight! Yesterday: 40s and melting all the snow, today: 50s and raining hard, tonight/tomorrow: single digits! :haw:

And I have to be somewhere at 6 so this is going to be during peak commuting hours.

Just kill me now :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'm fairly sure it's a combination of assriding and cutting off the truck. Most people seem to avoid the shoulder as much as possible, since there tends to be quite a bit of trash thrown on there. I've encountered behavior like this fairly regularly when driving home from work after a late shift.