Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

ultramiraculous posted:

Pretty clearly amoral. He knows what he's doing and doesn't care. I mean he's willfully keeping his grandson out of school when Morty clearly needs to be there. Any "craziness" is just that he's kinda a single-minded sociopath who doesn't really care about what's best for anyone else as long as he gets to achieve whatever his goals are.

I think Rick is thinking on a grand scale as the writers have said before, with the scale and scope of The Doctor- the key difference being that he is selfish, reckless, and has consequence to his actions. He is also drunk for a lot of the things we've seen so while he has shown an interest in Morty and keeping his family alive he shows that his thought process is basically fried and illogical in some points.

Alan Smithee posted:

Any word on ratings? I always assumed that Adult Swim ignored Nielsen ratings in favor of watching the number of funyon and dorito sales

Stephen Colbert?

I too was under the impression that they use family guy to pay the bills and pick shows that will have a cult following and be able to sell merchandise for the rest. If they put up a loving button that said GIVE MONEY TO SUPPORT SHOW then I think I would mindlessly mash it over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dear Adult Swim, you can dock my paycheck to keep this show on air with the current cast indefinitely.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I watched all three episodes last night and this show is amazing. The dog-mechs in episode 2 absolutely killed me. I honestly can't remeber the last time a show made me laugh as much as this one does.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Rapdawg posted:

I too was under the impression that they use family guy to pay the bills and pick shows that will have a cult following and be able to sell merchandise for the rest. If they put up a loving button that said GIVE MONEY TO SUPPORT SHOW then I think I would mindlessly mash it over and over again.

I always thought it was more to be as cheap as possible, cater to stoners who will watch any dumb poo poo, and on rare occasion accidentally fund something good like Rick and Morty.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
No, the executives at [as] clearly have love for certain pet projects that are forward-thinking (12 oz Mouse, Off The Air, Hot Package, Moral Orel, etc.).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ep 4 is just a few more days away! :woop:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ep 4 is just a few more days away! :woop:

Any previews? I need my fix to last till Monday.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Actually, I think it comes back on the 13th, not the 6th.

E: I'm wrong, according to Wikipedia

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

cyberia posted:

I watched all three episodes last night and this show is amazing. The dog-mechs in episode 2 absolutely killed me. I honestly can't remeber the last time a show made me laugh as much as this one does.

Nice av

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Thanks :) It's the first thing that's motivated me enough to actually buy an avatar since I first registered.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Holy crap, that third episode had me in stitches. Best thing I've seen in ages.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002

Citizen Insane posted:

He'll always be the House of Cosbys guy to me. :3:

No, it doesn't suit me, because I'm not Suit Cosby!

I see a lot of people annoyed by the burp talking, but it doesn't really bother me, if only because the original flash episode had much more of it. So it comes off as just a thrown in reference to that original video.

Gordy fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 6, 2014

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts

Gordy posted:

No, it doesn't suit me, because I'm not Suit Cosby!

I see a lot of people annoyed by the burp talking, but it doesn't really bother me, if only because the original flash episode had much more of it. So it comes off as just a thrown in reference to that original video.

Well the original video had a lot more ball licking too and they didn't seem to have any problem leaving that out.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
The episodes so far have been pretty testicle heavy, though. Watching the first episode I couldn't believe how raunchy the show was. It's like they made it over-the-top as a "door in the face" way to get the censors to let a milder version through, and then were caught off guard when they ran it unchanged.

Or does Adult Swim even have censors?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The Red Queen posted:

The episodes so far have been pretty testicle heavy, though. Watching the first episode I couldn't believe how raunchy the show was. It's like they made it over-the-top as a "door in the face" way to get the censors to let a milder version through, and then were caught off guard when they ran it unchanged.

Rick and Morty have less censors involvement since they are a cable TV show on after 10 pm but they are def there from the FCC. Just probably not that much censorship from Carton Network say compare to a regular network like NBC/ABC/etc.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
ATHF has been known to throw in a "poo poo" here and there on latenight episodes.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
As far as I know, the FCC really doesn't have much to do with non-broadcast transmissions. It's mostly the network's concern about advertisers getting cold feet than anything (and I can't imagine anyone advertising on [as] really cares that much).

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mike_V posted:

As far as I know, the FCC really doesn't have much to do with non-broadcast transmissions. It's mostly the network's concern about advertisers getting cold feet than anything (and I can't imagine anyone advertising on [as] really cares that much).

Do you know how strict the shirley temple people are with their ads on [as]. They have [as] by the balls at this point.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Gonz posted:

ATHF has been known to throw in a "poo poo" here and there on latenight episodes.

ATHF had an episode where a giant penis with testicles for feet sent out racist Chinese caricatures to rip people's dicks off so that he could collect them and build a dick-fueled spaceship out of dicks and ride it to dick planet.

A poo poo or two is pretty much the least of an advertiser's concern with that show.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

The Red Queen posted:

They do.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I remember China Il slipped in a "gently caress" in the first season.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Funkmaster General posted:

ATHF had an episode where a giant penis with testicles for feet sent out racist Chinese caricatures to rip people's dicks off so that he could collect them and build a dick-fueled spaceship out of dicks and ride it to dick planet.

Dickesode was one of the best episodes, too. That, and Hand Banana.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently there actually isn't a new episode tonight. drat.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

TontoCorazon posted:

I remember China Il slipped in a "gently caress" in the first season.
I think livingfruitvirus confirmed that was a mistake, they mixed up the uncensored HD feed or something

^^^ ugh. Not that it isn't hilarious, but I'm tired of only seeing reruns of the inceptor episode

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Is that an Invader Zim reference in the teaser for the next episode or am I stretching? (the zoom-out through the blue-green twisting pipes)

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Boo, I'm really enjoying this series and the lack of new episodes for 3 weeks is really bumming me out, it barely got started - this hiatus is taking ages.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Hazo posted:

I think livingfruitvirus confirmed that was a mistake, they mixed up the uncensored HD feed or something

Re-confirming this. Turner's broadcast operations center got the episodes mixed up. We send both edited and unedited copies.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

The network cares and does censor things. They usually send us back notes on some of the production art if they wanted it to be changed. For instance. they didn't want too too much gore, I had to re-color an alien intestine pink because they didn't want it to look too real.

Edited For reasons....

Typical fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 27, 2014

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Typical posted:

The network cares and does censor things. They usually send us back notes on some of the production art if they wanted it to be changed. For instance. they didn't want too too much gore, I had to re-color an alien intestine pink because they didn't want it to look too real.

An alien intestine has to be pink, but the ending of Anatomy Park was allowed? :stonk:

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

WickedHate posted:

An alien intestine has to be pink, but the ending of Anatomy Park was allowed? :stonk:

Yeah, I have no Idea. It just is okay for some reason.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

WickedHate posted:

The giant dick?

Typical, i love that Cthulu. Top work.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Typical posted:

But they do let other things slide, Like they didn't say anything about this nice piece of grotesqueness.

I got to ink this which is from the opening credits.

So:

Alien intestines -> No.

Anatomically Correct Vagina (teeth included) -> Yes?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ultramiraculous posted:

So:

Alien intestines -> No.

Anatomically Correct Vagina (teeth included) -> Yes?

I...think you may need to take a sex education course outside of Texas.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Or try dating human women for a change.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

grate deceiver posted:

Or try dating human women for a change.

Well, at least something that doesn't require summoning instead of a phone call.

We could allow a whitelist to include the girl from Weird Science, however.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

The design for the c'thulu mouth is supposed to be pretty horrific and vaginal. It was drawn by James Mcdermott. I remember him showing me the sketches on his computer while we had a dry humor conversation about how attractive it looked. James said that although he found the drawing appealing sexually, it wasn't as enticing as his wife's who just had a baby.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, is this show ever coming back on?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

PostNouveau posted:

Monday is a new episode.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Despite knowing it's coming back Monday, this is exactly how I feel. It's gotten even more pressing now that other people I've hooked are asking me why the hell it's not back.

• Locked thread