Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
I've noticed that a few of us (and some lurkers I know from LAN) are of the Pacific Northwest persuasion. We're pretty lucky to be here - easily accessible local rallies and hill climbs, beautiful backroads and decent track facilities all around. I'm floating a thread to see if any of us want to put together a meet or form an intentional community living amongst the mighty coniferous treetops, subsisting only off of cruelty free salmon and free range blueberries. Canucks welcome with gift of [RHD import].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
I have a Subaru, but no prius. Also JDM parts.

I would also live in treetops, surrounded by half finished projects. I have lots of those.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've noticed a lot of people in this area as well.
I have a Mazda 3 and alternate between the east side and Freemont.
I'm kind of anti-ai in that my car is totally stock and has been that way since I bought it new 8 years ago. :unsmith:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

blk posted:

I've noticed that a few of us (and some lurkers I know from LAN) are of the Pacific Northwest persuasion. We're pretty lucky to be here - easily accessible local rallies and hill climbs, beautiful backroads and decent track facilities all around. I'm floating a thread to see if any of us want to put together a meet or form an intentional community living amongst the mighty coniferous treetops, subsisting only off of cruelty free salmon and free range blueberries. Canucks welcome with gift of [RHD import].

I'd be down for a meet (with my RHD import). I'd be coming down from Vancouver.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I live in north Seattle and drive a stereotypical goonmobile (bonestock NA Miata), I'm down for beers or whatever.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I'd be up for something, West Seattle-ite here.

Really though I think we should start with seriously discussing 14/13s effort to own a running biturbo and how we can help facilitate it.

I'm not joking. :colbert:

Also, failing that we could all go autocrossing together. Team Neckbeard! :)

PS: CharlesM you added an extra 'e' to Fremont.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Mat_Drinks posted:

I'd be up for something, West Seattle-ite here.

Really though I think we should start with seriously discussing 14/13s effort to own a running biturbo and how we can help facilitate it.

I'm not joking. :colbert:

Also, failing that we could all go autocrossing together. Team Neckbeard! :)

PS: CharlesM you added an extra 'e' to Fremont.

How about rallycross?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Seattle here. GTR owner so I'm an elitist prick.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Seattle here. GTR owner so I'm an elitist prick.

I might pick up an R34 GTR this year :)

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

I might pick up an R34 GTR this year :)

Been mulling over bringing an R32 once they get the system ironed out.

Alphius
Nov 5, 2009
I'm down for a meet, I live in Lake Stevens. I own and daily drive a lowered '85 C10 Silverado and an '84 Camaro Z28 with an LS1/T56 swap.
I'm covered on the Subaru front; my wife drives a '99 Legacy and my AI hobby is buying and selling Subarus occasionally. :v:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I got rid of the most seattle car(green 2000 outback wagon) for what I think is the second most seattle car(2013 jetta tdi sportwagen). I would be down for something.

Also, anyone want to buy my e30 or alltrac celica project so my girlfriend doesn't kill me when I bring home a mr2?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll give you 20 bucks to put the E30's driveline, orientation intact, in the MR2

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

13 INCH DICK posted:

I'll give you 20 bucks to put the E30's driveline, orientation intact, in the MR2

No, but for a consolation prize, here is a front engined rwd 3800 v6 aw11 that I saw in New Zealand

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Negromancer posted:

No, but for a consolation prize, here is a front engined rwd 3800 v6 aw11 that I saw in New Zealand

Do those use a MAP sensor I guess?

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010
I wish I was willing to drive in washington right now, but I've made a vow not to until some laws change

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NWDub posted:

I wish I was willing to drive in washington right now, but I've made a vow not to until some laws change

No offense but that sounds ridiculous and I'd love to hear some of the laws you'd like changed.

E: VV People aren't allowed to drive high? Isn't that the law everywhere?

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 7, 2014

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

VelociBacon posted:

No offense but that sounds ridiculous and I'd love to hear some of the laws you'd like changed.

I'm gonna bet something to do with the legal weed DUI law stuff that people have been worried about.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

E: VV People aren't allowed to drive high? Isn't that the law everywhere?

If you've consumed any cannabis between 7-45 days after you can still get a dui.

45 days sober you could still get a dui

sorry, won't play that game.

edit: toured the san juans and most all of washington in 2011 by motorcycle, almost 20k miles. I love washington, but to me, it's not worth the risk

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:2bong: WOOOOOOOOO

Also I think one of the funniest things I read in the paper about the whole coming public purchasing of weed at dispensaries wasn't concerns about federal involvement it was concerns shops are going to run out of inventory and then go bankrupt because they can't get more in time.

Seattle is gonna get *so loving high*

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
BC Canuck here. I'm in.

What could one be charged with if they were pulled over and then made to test, and failed for cannabis?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

DefaultPeanut posted:

BC Canuck here. I'm in.

What could one be charged with if they were pulled over and then made to test, and failed for cannabis?

To add to this, how exactly are they testing for it? I would think you'd have to have been arrested or a warrant would be needed. I work in emergency and we need a urine sample to test for cannaboids, I can't imagine theres some kind of breathalyzer test because of how it's metabolized.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Negromancer posted:

I got rid of the most seattle car(green 2000 outback wagon) for what I think is the second most seattle car(2013 jetta tdi sportwagen). I would be down for something.

Also, anyone want to buy my e30 or alltrac celica project so my girlfriend doesn't kill me when I bring home a mr2?

Tell me it's an ST205

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

To add to this, how exactly are they testing for it? I would think you'd have to have been arrested or a warrant would be needed. I work in emergency and we need a urine sample to test for cannaboids, I can't imagine theres some kind of breathalyzer test because of how it's metabolized.

anyone suspected of dui will have to give blood sample

driving is a privilege, not a right. no warrants are needed to search you, or your vehicle.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

blk posted:

Tell me it's an ST205

st165 actually. I still like it the most out of the alltracs, just don't have the drive to rebuild it

VelociBacon posted:

From what I have heard, its mostly been blood tests taken after an incident. While I agree its a bullshit testing method(hence the burnouts tag), it rarely happens, usually after an accident.

NWDub posted:

anyone suspected of dui will have to give blood sample

driving is a privilege, not a right. no warrants are needed to search you, or your vehicle.

Yes, this is all true, but remember you can get a DUI for driving stoned anywhere. Hell most places wont even bother testing you, and just go by the cop "smelling marijuana" and the driver having red eyes. I have lived in Seattle my entire life and smoked my fair share and I am not concerned in the least. Just remember, lawyer up.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Do you have lawyers in Washington State? The jury will probably be stoned too.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
If anything the new rules and guidelines have made it harder to convict. The prosecutors don't have a good way to back up what the numbers on the test mean and while marijuana use is not uncommon it is still not as widespread as alcohol consumption. Most members of the jury don't know how high someone is and telling them 5 nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood is meaningless to someone that's never been high or measured their high in such an odd manner.

North Seattle Goon checking in. Got a Miata and a Tacoma, I'm down for a beer sometime

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

E46 goon in Queen Anne area here. I went to an AI meet up and drive a couple years ago and it was fun, I'd do it again.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Add a Ball in Fremont has beer and pinball and a large (albeit pay) parking lot and right around the corner is Ballard Bar and Grill on Leary with about 8 pool tables and a large free parking lot if we felt like a meet and greet.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

Negromancer posted:

st165 actually. I still like it the most out of the alltracs, just don't have the drive to rebuild it

From what I have heard, its mostly been blood tests taken after an incident. While I agree its a bullshit testing method(hence the burnouts tag), it rarely happens, usually after an accident.

Yes, this is all true, but remember you can get a DUI for driving stoned anywhere. Hell most places wont even bother testing you, and just go by the cop "smelling marijuana" and the driver having red eyes. I have lived in Seattle my entire life and smoked my fair share and I am not concerned in the least. Just remember, lawyer up.

you don't need to be high, you just need an LEO who does not like you for whatever reason.

the 5 nanograms or whatever is an instant conviction. Your only hope is jury nullification.

No cannabis has to be on you, or in your vehicle, just a cop who wants to test your blood and has probable cause.

edit: I'm just trying to decipher myths from the truth. there's a reason why I won't do it - DUI will gently caress your entire life. Best case you're left with 15-20k in debt from attorney and court fees. Just not worth the risk to drive somewhere with a law as stupid as that.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

Maksimus54 posted:

If anything the new rules and guidelines have made it harder to convict. The prosecutors don't have a good way to back up what the numbers on the test mean and while marijuana use is not uncommon it is still not as widespread as alcohol consumption. Most members of the jury don't know how high someone is and telling them 5 nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood is meaningless to someone that's never been high or measured their high in such an odd manner.

North Seattle Goon checking in. Got a Miata and a Tacoma, I'm down for a beer sometime

Doesn't matter if a jury knows what it is or not.

If your BAC is over .08 - unless the cop hosed up and you get off on a technicality - Jury nullification is your only hope.

The problem with a set number is that it is established that the number has a meaning and anything over that limit (no matter how draconian) is a DUI.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

^^^ Seriously, can you please take this to TCC? ^^^

NWDub posted:

weed dui stuff

Lets not continue this here. If you are that concerned about it, by all means stay out of washington. I just stick to not doing anything to get pulled over and don't worry about it.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Add a Ball in Fremont has beer and pinball and a large (albeit pay) parking lot and right around the corner is Ballard Bar and Grill on Leary with about 8 pool tables and a large free parking lot if we felt like a meet and greet.

Ballard Bar and Grill is probably a pretty good option if we want to do this. One of the few places in the city that is actually decent to go to and has a parking lot that is big. I can't wait till my lease is up on my current house in shoreline so I can move back to ballard.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
That would be a heck of a trip… but I might make it.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

Negromancer posted:

^^^ Seriously, can you please take this to TCC? ^^

I'm done.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Someone find a lonely open road and we can all take turns using Launch Control on the GTR.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Redmond representing. Love that I can easily find parts for my 245 here because we don't salt roads.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Comrade Flynn posted:

Someone find a lonely open road and we can all take turns using Launch Control on the GTR.

Who else suddenly became free tomorrow? :stare:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

^^^ seriously, I was going to WFH tomorrow anyways, I can take a long lunch.....

the spyder posted:

That would be a heck of a trip… but I might make it.

I am open with having a meet in portland, gives me an excuse to go to Union Jacks.....

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Ballard Bar & Grill is just around the corner from me, and Leary is totally safe for launch testing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Maksimus54 posted:

Ballard Bar & Grill is just around the corner from me, and Leary is totally safe for launch testing...

Hah. I live in North Ballard and actually used Leary two weeks ago to show someone the LC. I actually broke all 4 tires loose on the shift into second. The cold makes the GTR mean.

• Locked thread