Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Less liberal fanaticism, more complaining about Bald Bryan please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
If Bald Bryan were Black Bryan, he'd already be Dead Bryan.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

Now you're not even trying to be apoplectic, just dumb.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Apoplexy posted:

Does anyone else remember the Black Employee Contest from the radio show? That was really something.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Yo can we get back to discussions by people who actually still listen to the show, everyone is aware there are tons of great podcasts out there. I don't care for Howard Stern yet somehow I am able to contain myself from going into that thread and proselytizing people to listen to Ask Mr. Biggs instead (Mr. Biggs is pretty rad though, you should listen to it although they haven't updated in over a year). If everyone's New Years Resolution was to stop listening to nasally ranting then this thread shall die a natural death and that is the way of things.
Thanks for stoppin by

I agree. It is one thing to listen to the show and have specific issues with episodes or a particular Adam rant, but this is just getting a little out of control.

I thought Adam's State of the Union 2014 episode was really good.

Gratitude = Happiness. Super easy to get focused on the small piles of dog poo poo in our life, and completely miss all of the other really great things happening to us. I thought it was really insightful of Adam actually, and I hope he sticks with it.

Also, on Adam's new house. He claims it isn't as impressive as the old house. But if it is next door to Vince Vaughn's house, I'm guessing it is still really nice.

Especially if this is the house Adam lives next to: http://curbed.com/archives/2013/04/29/vince-vaughn-buys-mundane-house-your-parents-would-love.php

I guess CA has a different definition of mundane. A tennis court, pool, and 5,500 square feet doesn't sound all that mundane to me.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Sieg posted:

I guess CA has a different definition of mundane. A tennis court, pool, and 5,500 square feet doesn't sound all that mundane to me.

It does. Particularly for the income bracket Adam is in.

Pool and tennis courts would be considered nice.

Not mundane? See Hearst Castle.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
All rich people live in castles

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Did he have like a really cool den, and a literal bar with tons of memorabilia that he could throw really cool parties in? Also I remember his kitchen being painted with car paint a lot of work was put into that house. I get why he'd consider it more mundane since he's so particular and crafty at the same time.

I bet there's no recyclorolla installed yet either :colbert:

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
It probably isn't as impressive as his old house. Considering it had an underwater view of his pool from the bar, that insane elevator garage, and the rest of the entirely refinished home that he's been laboring over for the past 10(?) years.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
why the heck did he move?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Natalia demanded a tire swing and zip line for which there was no place in his last bacheloresque home.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

He said his old house was on a slope so there wasn't a flat area to play catch and stuff.

Sounds like he pretty much moved just for the kids.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Bung lo su hasn't been funny in something like 2 months now and yet this fucker continues to drive this poo poo into the ground. I think Jo Koy doesn't even really know where to go with some of this poo poo now. Carolla just puts it out there like, "ok now make Gold."

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I've gone from looking forward to Jo Koy episodes to skipping them. It'd be one thing if he was on once every 6 months. But the guy is on and doing this every week.

One thing I miss is Adam ripping on callers for being idiots. Just listened to the State of the Union show and the first caller was like taking out his garbage or something and you could barely hear him. On Loveline he'd shred those people and it would be hilarious. For some reason he just goes with it and it makes for terrible radio for the awkward couple minutes that the person tries to talk or be understood. At least get a loving call screener in there.

How has Adam and Drew show been? I'm far behind on episodes (like 10 behind) but hoping there are some good ones mixed in.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Niwrad posted:

I've gone from looking forward to Jo Koy episodes to skipping them. It'd be one thing if he was on once every 6 months. But the guy is on and doing this every week.

One thing I miss is Adam ripping on callers for being idiots. Just listened to the State of the Union show and the first caller was like taking out his garbage or something and you could barely hear him. On Loveline he'd shred those people and it would be hilarious. For some reason he just goes with it and it makes for terrible radio for the awkward couple minutes that the person tries to talk or be understood. At least get a loving call screener in there.

How has Adam and Drew show been? I'm far behind on episodes (like 10 behind) but hoping there are some good ones mixed in.

It's a lopsided mess where Adam talks non-stop for an hour with Drew encouraging him. Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

I was somewhat pleased with the State of the Union podcast, but don't listen to the main show much at all. The next one was the latest Drew and Adam show. Holy gently caress..

Commence Adam talking for an hour about how because he pays higher taxes, makes a lot of money, and is a "good guy," he should be treated differently. For instance.. A story I never heard is him switching car insurance providers. Because his current one wouldn't drive to his loving house to get the Vin and take a picture. "I give you a lot of money in premiums, and I don't file claims. You won't so this for me? I'll find someone else."

This is tha stuff that makes him come across like a royal piece of poo poo, and makes me quit listening again for a few months.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
At this point I only keep this thread bookmarked in case something crazy happens, there is no other reason to listen to his podcast, it's like watching your grandpa disappear into Alzheimer's

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I have noticed Bryan is plugging the poo poo out of his book and even got in a plug for his wife's loving blog.

I did think the State of the Union show was pretty funny. When he kind of riffs on everyday poo poo it's usually good. I liked the horse poo poo story.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I think the guy who posted here earlier about the podcast being little more than a promo for Mangria is spot on. That and to promote upcoming shows. It's blatantly obvious that Adam doesn't give much of a gently caress about the podcasts but to him, it's probably the easiest and cheapest way to get ticket sales and Mangria sales. The podcasts themselves are just filler activities between things he really wants to do. I mean pimping psychic services? Having Kathie Lee Gifford on as a guest? If that isn't a sign that he no longer gives a gently caress, I don't know what is.

The Experiment fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 15, 2014

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
His main show is pretty bad. I wish he only did like 2 good ones a week or something, maybe that would make it better.

I love Ace on the House. Even though they have used the joke 500 times, I laugh every time someone says something like "Hey guys, I got a garage here I need sanded, new drywall, and repainted, I have never done anything manly before, where do I start?" and Ray just says "Hire some Mexicans" loving kills me every single drat time (note: this is also excellent advice quite often)

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think a lot of podcasts are like that though. Joe Rogan talked about it I think on Adam's show. That the podcasts don't generate much income at all and are basically marketing tools for the live stuff. I don't mind it as it is free content, but it would be better if Adam put in more effort. It's weird but if you hear him on other podcasts he's great because he's putting in extra effort.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Dude gets more box than the Mephis hub of Fedex.

Haaaaaaaaaaa. I love DFG

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I was going through recent episodes, and noticed that, yep, Adam still doesn't understand podcasting, the internet, all that. "Re-airing" old podcast episodes? Dear god.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Apoplexy posted:

I was going through recent episodes, and noticed that, yep, Adam still doesn't understand podcasting, the internet, all that. "Re-airing" old podcast episodes? Dear god.

What? The only repeats are at the end of the year when they go on vacation. They play best ofs then but otherwise its new episodes every day.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Well, to be fair, he might think it's a repeat since Adam does tend to say the same things over and over again. :D

One of these days I'm making a Carolla Bingo card. "Goal posts!" "Right turn arrows!"

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I think the idea behind the "re-broadcasting" is because their archives aren't free anymore, so if you wanted to listen to those episodes you'd ordinarily have to pay.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Also if you use an app for downloading your podcasts, having an old episode pop up at the top of your feed would make sense.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Listening to today's podcast, they should sign up for some web service like Spotify. For something like $5 a month, they could avoid the whole "no I don't want THAT version of the song, that's the live one, that's a cover" etc that pops up what seems like every single week. Of course Youtube isn't going to have studio versions of every song, Youtube is kind of a mess, plus stuff gets pulled off all the time.

fake edit: Haha, the song they were looking for is Going to a Go Go by the Rolling Stones, which literally doesn't exist as anything but a live song. Adam is delusional and also none of the 3 people behind the glass can apparently do the 5 seconds it takes to google it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_to_a_Go-Go_%28song%29#The_Rolling_Stones_live_version

e: listened to the rest of it and Dawson also swears there was a studio single at some point, although it's not available anymore. Well I'm not gonna argue music trivia against Dawson!

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 21, 2014

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Listening to today's podcast, they should sign up for some web service like Spotify. For something like $5 a month, they could avoid the whole "no I don't want THAT version of the song, that's the live one, that's a cover" etc that pops up what seems like every single week. Of course Youtube isn't going to have studio versions of every song, Youtube is kind of a mess, plus stuff gets pulled off all the time.

fake edit: Haha, the song they were looking for is Going to a Go Go by the Rolling Stones, which literally doesn't exist as anything but a live song. Adam is delusional and also none of the 3 people behind the glass can apparently do the 5 seconds it takes to google it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_to_a_Go-Go_%28song%29#The_Rolling_Stones_live_version

e: listened to the rest of it and Dawson also swears there was a studio single at some point, although it's not available anymore. Well I'm not gonna argue music trivia against Dawson!

Dawson looks like he should live on an Avocado farm in the middle of the woods with a one room cabin.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

He's the original hobo with a golden voice.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I did not think Dawson could've been anyone but a 20-something bro. That's incredible.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Dawson is a goddamn magical treasure. Alison Rosen interviewed him recently on her podcast, I want to give that a listen, but I'm afraid it might take away the mystery.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
He was pretty cool. A little blowhardy but still pretty cool.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans
Off-topic a little, but Bald played a Norm drop recently and we talked about Norm's podcast a couple of pages ago, so close enough. I guess Norm recently tweeted that the podcast is coming back in Feb 2014. Norm and Adam Eget were writing a screenplay which is why they took the long break.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

That is fantastic news. I started listening to Norm's podcast just recently and blew through all the episodes right away. I didn't listen to it at first because they were really pushing it as a video podcast, which didn't sound appealing (the appeal of podcasts to me is you can listen to them whenever), but it's still amazing as an audio podcast.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Today's Carolla with DFG is pure gold.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Is he really deaf? Dude never breaks character.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
It's Josh Gardner.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

vote_no posted:

It's Josh Gardner.

I loved the episode RIGHT AFTER Josh was on, and they talked about how they met, someone called in wondering where Adam met the DFG.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

vote_no posted:

It's Josh Gardner.

Ahh I thought they might be the same guy because of the album endorsements. I didn't know he was also the guy from Gerhard Reinke's Wanderlust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Boinks posted:

Ahh I thought they might be the same guy because of the album endorsements. I didn't know he was also the guy from Gerhard Reinke's Wanderlust.

Dont forget Saul of the mole men.