Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

HiHo ChiRho posted:

1. Did he just say-... do you wish to intervene in any way to try to extend this mans life so you can question him?
B. No but I do wish to say "Father, recall this is not the first time I have heard about a storm and it's coming. More witchery or not, at the very least we must prepare against this warning."

2. A number of people will die tomorrow by stoning. Will you join in the stoning?
E. I will be there, but I won't actually stone them. While there pray to El to have Marnal ease their suffering.

3. Will you try to intervene on behalf of any of the condemned?
G. No. I do wish to speak to Paebel after this and compare experiences though.

4. Time advancement. When things calm down, if they do, how much do you wish to advance time, assuming no critical decisions come up first?
K. To the next noteworthy event to occur in a year or less. I want the next noteworthy event to be a foreskinpalooza with Paebel Aaron and Danal, along with anyone that wishes to join.

I like these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Numeron posted:

If my method for A doesnt win, I'd like to stress that we probably shouldn't say what we have to say out loud where everyone assembled can hear. Just have a quiet word.

Yeah that's what I suggested in mine as well.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
1)B - No more questions - the King has spoken. The man burns.

2)C - It is very important right now, after this huge embaressment for Super-Dad, that we support his judgements. His own son, who is very noticeable given his height and exotic skin tone, needs to show the king's own family isn't divided on his judgement. As much as we may not want to, we need to join in on the stoning, for Tudiya's sake. Just showing up isn't enough - we need to be throwing stones too.

3)G - just punishments - interfering further makes Tudiya look weak; as if his city in turmoil isn't enough his own family can't be in turmoil too.

4)K - can you say "Royal Wedding"?! *squeal*

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 8, 2014

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Task Manager posted:

1)B - No more questions - the King has spoken. The man burns.

2)C - It is very important right now, after this huge embaressment for Super-Dad, that we support his judgements. His own son, who is very noticeable given his height and exotic skin tone, needs to show the king's own family isn't divided on his judgement. As much as we may not want to,we need to join in on the stoning, for Tudiya's sake. Just showing up isn't enough - we need to be throwing stones too.

3)G - just punishments - interfering further makes Tudiya look weak; as if his city in turmoil isn't enough his own family can't be in turmoil too.

4)K - can you say "Royal Wedding"?! *squeal*

This is already how I voted, I'm just quoting because you put the reasons behind my thinking very eloquently.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
1. B

2. D

3. G

4. K (I assume we continue our adventure of collecting skins, let's keep it up and fast forward through all that to the end of the collecting)

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Theglavwen posted:

1: A. Father, that warning, 'A Storm is coming', it is a warning I have heard before, as you know. This man has consorted with evil, and perhaps has seen more than we know, maybe there is more behind his words than mere babbling, you should investigate.
2: E.
Don't participate, I believe we expressed the wish for exile, not death, but don't ignore it either. Face up to it.
3: G.
4: K.

I am good with this.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I assume that this will come up for a more formal vote later on, but I wish to reiterate what I believe our agenda should be for the timeskip, after this poo poo is done with.

We take Aaron aside and mention we need foreskins. We have done alright the past year, but we only have a year to go before our time limit runs out. We start learning monster killing from him instead of stealth (our stealth is solid already) and we figure out which way goblins are. We farm goblins for the rest of the year, since they seem to be the easiest kills, though we don't avoid more difficult fights of course.

I know some people aren't down on Naomi, but it really is necessary to be married if we want to both adventure and have a financial presence in Zepath. She has been trained to run households of Mighty Men. Plus, true love.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

SerSpook posted:

I assume that this will come up for a more formal vote later on, but I wish to reiterate what I believe our agenda should be for the timeskip, after this poo poo is done with.

We take Aaron aside and mention we need foreskins. We have done alright the past year, but we only have a year to go before our time limit runs out. We start learning monster killing from him instead of stealth (our stealth is solid already) and we figure out which way goblins are. We farm goblins for the rest of the year, since they seem to be the easiest kills, though we don't avoid more difficult fights of course.

I know some people aren't down on Naomi, but it really is necessary to be married if we want to both adventure and have a financial presence in Zepath. She has been trained to run households of Mighty Men. Plus, true love.

And get Paebel at least on the action too, if Danal isn't allowed.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I would still like to consider Paebel and the river crossing. This might be good in that it will also keep him out of town. We must consider what sort of role he can play now though.

We are also now in breach of contract with Hairy the Mad Potter. I thought he was getting transported, but you are right, oops.

We should also check in on Farlal the Fletcher and how he has weathered the storm.

Indor apparently now needs to be certified as not meddling with dark powers or some such.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 8, 2014

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Sogol posted:

I would still like to consider Paebel and the river crossing. This might be good in that it will also keep him out of town. We must consider what sort of role he can play now though.

We are also now in breach of contract with Hairy the Mad Potter.

We should also check in on Farlal the Fletcher and how he has weathered the storm.

Indor apparently now needs to be certified as not meddling with dark powers or some such.

Gaddiel lives, is young, and we can ensure he gets water when he is allowed it. He will remain a slave, we are not in breach of contract.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

But discussing "A storm is coming" with Tudiya should be one of the timeskip actions, in private after the turmoil has died down.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. A Spare him the death of being burned alive, at least. Also, I like HiHo's line: "Father, recall this is not the first time I have heard about a storm and its coming. More witchery or not, at the very least we must prepare against this warning."

2. C - As per FoxTerrier: "Yes, but to use our super strength to make quick and accurate death blows." Task Manager convinced me.

3. G, but also: Talk with Paebel, bring water to Gaddiel (as allowed) and speak with him, encourage his faith, etc.

4. K — I admit the longer options are kind of tempting, just to give Enkidel years of relative normalcy (i.e., major life decisions being made by Diog rather than goon consensus).

GaiaFag
Jun 20, 2007
KING OF THE FURRIES (AUTOPILOT ON BITCH)
BDGI

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

1 A: Go with HiHo's statement. That proclamation is... oddly specific.
2 D
3 G: I think Tudiya's been as merciful as he can be!
4 K

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A - No specific plan of my own, just add a +1 to anyone's plan that involves mentioning to Tudiya that this isn't the first time we've heard "A storm is coming.", and that maybe we should question him for details before the BBQ, and that we mention it to him with some subtlety. Whether the guy gets roasted or not after we've questioned him is Tudiya's business.

2. E - Even if we couldn't have reasonably foreseen all the craziness that went down, we're still partially responsible. I think we need to see this.
3. G - I think Tudiya's shown all the mercy he's inclined to show. Any more from us and we're just going to be kicking a hornet's nest.
4. J - I want to see how the rebuilding is progressing at this point, plus our investments should start showing some dividends. We may be able to start investing in a new project. Maybe score some cheap land for the future site of The Horny Goat.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
1 A Ask him mockingly: "And the deceiver Bareen told you this, no doubt. Or would you claim to have been visited by Melachim personally?"

2 A participate in the stoning, which leads to...
3 F grant the mercy of a swift end to those who are to be stoned. We aren't a mighty man yet but we can still do our best to aim for the head and knock them out so that their last moments are not painful.
4 K

edit: my 2 and 3 are in line with FoxTerrier's 2C but I don't want to try to mess with the people who are going to fast in the temple.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Dio, is "A storm is coming" in any manner a common turn of phrase? Have we ever heard people in our waking life say something like this outside of a meteorological context?

Rahul fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 8, 2014

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

B, D, G, K

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

BEGK

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SerSpook posted:

Also, she's hot. And seems pretty cool.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
1. B. No. I do not want to intervene.

2. E. I will be there, but I won't actually stone them.

3. G. No.

4. H. A few days. I have more things I want to do in the short term in response to recent events.

We need to see how Aaron's change in duties affects us, and how we can help him with his new position.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1A. Don't even give Tudiya time to finish his sentence. Tackle the man, then yell 'who are you, who sent you, and what do you know about the storm?' at him until he answers.
2E.
3F. On behalf of all of the condemned we'll spend the next day in the temple of El in solemn prayer, praying for divine intervention.
4K.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

dyzzy posted:

1 A Ask him mockingly: "And the deceiver Bareen told you this, no doubt. Or would you claim to have been visited by Melachim personally?"

2 A participate in the stoning, which leads to...
3 F grant the mercy of a swift end to those who are to be stoned. We aren't a mighty man yet but we can still do our best to aim for the head and knock them out so that their last moments are not painful.
4 K

edit: my 2 and 3 are in line with FoxTerrier's 2C but I don't want to try to mess with the people who are going to fast in the temple.

+1 to this. We need to support Tudiya so we shouldn't stop the barbecue, but we need him to spill more information while they fetch the kindling. We can remind Super Dad about the storm dream after.

Also, have you read up on stoning? You basically get tied up, put in a sack, then buried up to your waist in a hole (neck if you're a woman) before the throwing starts. It's drat horrible. A quick death is the least we can do. Too bad arrow through the eye would be too obvious.

Royal Wedding! Do bagpipes exist yet? Sheep stomach and reeds, basically!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
1. B, but shout out "And where does this tempest rage, exactly?". Hmm. It's PROBABLY unrelated, but…

2. E. How very unpleasant. Political considerations be damned, I see no reason to get involved with this.

3. G. No reason to, really. But we'd better have a chat with Paebel soon.

4. K. Works for me.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B E G K It's just a round about warning to us, at best. As for the stoning, Enkidel has already killed enough, but we need to keep up appearanes. Now let's go get those foreskins!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Imperialist Dog posted:

Also, have you read up on stoning? You basically get tied up, put in a sack, then buried up to your waist in a hole (neck if you're a woman) before the throwing starts. It's drat horrible. A quick death is the least we can do. Too bad arrow through the eye would be too obvious.

This, seriously.

I'm very surprised how few votes putting these people out of their misery with a well aimed brick is getting. Either people don't understand how prolonged stoning can be, or they really don't like getting their hands dirty.

Honestly y'all, if you want to be as merciful as you keep rattling on about, then you should consider changing your vote to throwing stones in as deadly a manner as possible. Abstaining from this may make us feel better, but it's not going to do jack poo poo from the guys getting slowly and painfully pelted to death by poorly aimed missiles (unless another MM takes mercy on them and conks them on the head with a big rock). Knocking the prisoners out cold or killing them quick with a good aim is hands-down the best thing we can do for them at this point. Since we were one of their victims, there probably won't even be any political fallback from our hogging the life taking either.

It sucks, but that's the way it is. :(

(I still think it's worth trying to free that woman who was earnestly repentant, just btw. I think there's a good chance Tudiya might go for it, based on 'the weakness of her sex.')

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 8, 2014

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

HBar posted:

But discussing "A storm is coming" with Tudiya should be one of the timeskip actions, in private after the turmoil has died down.

yep

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

FoxTerrier posted:

Knocking the prisoners out cold or killing them quick with a good aim is hands-down the best thing we can do for them at this point.

Quoting this similar to what Speleothing did for my post - people, please read this and consider what exactly you're voting for on 2. Not going period is straight up burying our head in the sand - going and not joining in is asking to watch people slowly die for an extended period of time.

FoxTerrier posted:

(I still think it's worth trying to free that woman who was earnestly repentant, just btw. I think there's a good chance Tudiya might go for it, based on 'the weakness of her sex.')

"Looks like we just found wife number 2!"

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Voting this.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Task Manager posted:

"Looks like we just found wife number 2!"

I'm down on taking her as wife as well. The people will probably get behind it too. We're murdering people so we might as well go all the way down the 20th century morality pile.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

If there is a Zepathan equivalent of :420: I vote we show up at the stoning with a big fat joint and act confused as to the underlying concept.

Question of Dio: Have there been any executions during our time in the city?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

The traditional way to stone someone in Zepath is to take them beyond the city, place them in the middle of a circle of angry people, still standing and not bound and throw stones at them till they die. If they run, the crowd will beat them to death.

It is highly unpleasant. Those who took a life and repented are being shown a mercy by decapitation.

Burning alive is far worse. Tudiya must be pretty mad at this guy.

Three men were executed in Zepath in your time here, two murderers and a slave who struck his master.

The slave was stoned. It was gruesome and horrible. Tudiya decapitated the two murderers.

In each instance Tudiya was in a foul mood for some time after and cloistered himself in El's temple for days. Before he slew the two men he also cloistered himself, prayed and fasted.

Tudiya has taught both you and Danal to ever be cautious to sentence a man to death, but that some crimes must be punished and for some there can only be death. As best you know, Tudiya spent those days in isolation before the executions praying for the justness of the deed to come.

Tudiya does not like killing people. He killed a number of people in the temple and more will die soon enough, you will likely be dealing with an unhappy Tudiya for some time.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 8, 2014

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Question: What cheers Tudiya up? Could we later ask Ishamal and Aaron what would cheer Tudiya up? Ask once this public stuff is done. I don't expect to turn Tudya's mood around, but we could try to alleviate misery. Maybe we could sneak over to him while he is sleeping and play some magic flute.

I am a bit surprised so many people want to talk to this doomsayers storms guy. I imagine Tudiya won't be pleased about that.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I missed this, but who else did we mention the initial storm warning to? Did we mention it to Bareen? Only others I can imagine are Ish and Azz. If it was only the latter two then this warning seems like something to pay attention to.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

We did mention the warning to Bareen. It could be possible the guy overheard it as well so :shrug:

edit:

Diogines posted:

You tell her of the visions in the "dream scape". You tell her of the messages you think you recieved, such as "a storm is coming", "save for years of hardship" and "the storm still comes". "That... was not Xuriel. I am uncertain who it was, but we can still find out. I think it may have been Damat. I need time to think upon the message, and to pray. What you are calling the Dreamscape... if you have not been deceived by a demon, which I cannot in truth be certain of, may be the gates of Olam Haba. This is all the more reason that you MUST come with me!"

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 8, 2014

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

HiHo ChiRho posted:

We did mention the warning to Bareen. It could be possible the guy overheard it as well so :shrug:

Ok, gotcha. Still seems odd he just sacrificed his life to mention it.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I guess some of them are still clinging to their beliefs because they never learned that Bareen actually worshiped demons. Only Aaron, Tudiya, Ishamal, Zebanetha, and Snarls know.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
1.B
2.C Aim to kill them quickly.
3.G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Rather than cheering Tudiya up we might instead join him in some part of the vigil. I am surprised that no one has remarked upon that we ourselves killed a bunch of human beings. Surely they must know it is the first time. Maybe our action in the corner there is unknown. It seems likely that we have the highest direct and indirect body count in the action.