Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

How do you put the Knights in third?
blind optimism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also they had to be above Souths

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Taking any bets? I've $50 says they won't be above Souths.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sure, I'll take you on that.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

For good order, we're talking ladder position at end of season, exclusive of finals, and all bets cancelled if any points are disqualified via sanctions, etc. I can't imagine you will take issue with any of that so consider yourself dealt.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like a deal.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

When I get to work I'll make a "crazy bets" section of the OP.

e: DONE

iajanus fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 8, 2014

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/shoulder-operation-sidelines-storms-cronk-20140109-30is2.html

quote:

Melbourne halfback Cooper Cronk might miss the start of the NRL season after undergoing shoulder surgery.
The Dally M Medallist was set to return to Storm training next week, along with Cameron Smith and Billy Slater, who were also part of Australia's World Cup triumph late last year.
Storm coach Craig Bellamy said Cronk would miss their NRL trials and was in doubt for round one.
"He has had an operation on his shoulder so that is the main reason he won't play in any of the trials," Bellamy said.
Advertisement
"And I'm not quite sure he will be ready for round one."
The No.7 carried the injury through 2013 but aggravated it during the World Cup.
The Storm play their first trial on Saturday February 8 at AAMI Park against Canberra.

Time for minor injuries to be incredibly over-reported!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
1. Melbourne
2. Cunts
3. Manly
4. Souths
5. Canterbury
6. Newcastle
7. Warriors
8. Cronulla

9. North Queensland
10. Gold Coast
11. Wests
12. Brisbane
13. Penrith
14. St George Illawarra
15. Canberra
16. Parramatta

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

How many league players* have been to court in the last week?

* why did newie sign ben Rogers in a senior role?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The Knights are at it again!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He does a lot of good work in the community but has the capacity to go full retard just like when he was a player.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think you should settle on our bet already.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

He does a lot of good work in the community but has the capacity to go full retard just like when he was a player.
probably not the best phrase to use when talking about a Down syndrome ambassador

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

I think you should settle on our bet already.
Ha, you'd like that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Souffs will choke, they always do.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Is it unusual that I have gotten thorough to 28 without going out on the drink and punching someone? I mean it's really not that hard to not punch someone isn't it?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

Is it unusual that I have gotten thorough to 28 without going out on the drink and punching someone? I mean it's really not that hard to not punch someone isn't it?

Depends on where you live.

In a place like Lithgow it's nigh on impossible.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Knights
Souths
Cronulla
Parramatta
Roosters
Storm
Broncos
Manly
Bulldogs
Penrith
Gold Coast
Cowboys
Canberra
Dragons
Warriors
Tigers

And the Blues to win 3-0.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuckpot posted:

Knights
Souths
Cronulla
Parramatta
Roosters
Storm
Broncos
Manly
Bulldogs
Penrith
Gold Coast
Cowboys
Canberra
Dragons
Warriors
Tigers

Can I please have some of the drugs you are on.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Is that completely randomised?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

Mills posted:

Is that completely randomised?
Pretty much, except for Knights and Souths. The last four teams I had to look up I couldn't just remember them off-hand.

As for the Blues, after watching Australia win the ashes 5-0 and Mitchell Johnson receiving MotS, I now believe that anything is possible.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Not quite sure who Knights player Zane Tetevano is, but he has an AVO for bruising his girlfriend. Grace period over?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

It's just their culture.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So the Knights are runaway favourites for the criminality title so far this season? Where is a burgess brother smashing a car with a stop sign when you need one?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

fuckpot posted:

Knights
Souths
Cronulla
Parramatta
Roosters
Storm
Broncos
Manly
Bulldogs
Penrith
Gold Coast
Cowboys
Canberra
Dragons
Warriors
Tigers

This has the potential for being an epic prediction (or more likely, completely wrong). I eagerly await it being correct.

For the record, my predictions are

Rabbits
Storm
Cunts
Cowboys
Sea-Cunts
Tigers
Sharks
Bulldogs

Knights
Broncos
Titans
Dragons
Raiders
Warriors
Panthers
Eels

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

fuckpot posted:

Knights
Souths
Cronulla
Parramatta
Roosters
Storm
Broncos
Manly
Bulldogs
Penrith
Gold Coast
Cowboys
Canberra
Dragons
Warriors
Tigers

:stare:

fuckpot posted:

:catstare:

Here is my prediction:

Storm
Roosters
Rabbitohs
Knights
Bulldogs
Sea Eagles
Warriors
Sharks

Raiders
Cowboys
Dragons
Broncos
Titans
Panthers
Eels
Tigers

Blues win 2-1 because I've only been watching this sport for 2 years and I am already sick of the Maroons winning.

edit: I left out the Raiders because their shirts blend into the grass to such an extent that I forgot they existed.

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 10, 2014

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

So apparently Thaiday has had the Broncos captaincy taken off him, with Corey Parker taking over. Hodges as vice or co-captain too.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

:stare:

:catstare:

Here is my prediction:

Storm
Roosters
Rabbitohs
Knights
Bulldogs
Sea Eagles
Warriors
Sharks

Cowboys
Dragons
Broncos
Titans
Panthers
Eels
Tigers

Blues win 2-1 because I've only been watching this sport for 2 years and I am already sick of the Maroons winning.
I'm assuming in your ladder the Raiders got kicked out of the comp?

Also imagine how the rest of us feel watching the Maroons win 8 in a row :suicide: (soon to be 9 in a row)

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!

ShoeFly posted:

So apparently Thaiday has had the Broncos captaincy taken off him, with Corey Parker taking over. Hodges as vice or co-captain too.

I'm quite happy about this. I'll look at the papers and see if this was done for teambuilding or gang sex again.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!

iajanus posted:

Also imagine how the rest of us feel watching the Maroons win 8 in a row :suicide: (soon to be 9 in a row)

You should be priveleged that you live in historic times and use your hate for something.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

ShoeFly posted:

Great news. Parker has been a hard worker while Thaiday always seems a bit lazy and under his watch the Broncos never looked very fit on the field.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

iajanus posted:

That wasn't my intent, but now that you mention it...

iajanus posted:

It also has a lot to do with the fact that so many of them are Melbourne players, because nothing I have learned about that team makes me like them.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I do wonder what rules will be changed this year to try and help the Blues win origin. Stellar reffing like sending Tate to the sinbin for being punched in the face isn't even enough.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

I do wonder what rules will be changed this year to try and help the Blues win origin. Stellar reffing like sending Tate to the sinbin for being punched in the face isn't even enough.

NSW really needs to get organised and just find four young, excellent players, put them together in the same team and let them ignore the salary cap for half a decade so they get super-good playing together. It's win/win! The club will get to win several premierships and NSW will build a combination that knows each other extremely well and is very practised and comfortable playing together.

Just make sure to hide the second set of books well. Otherwise you'll need to give back the club's trophies. You'll still reap the benefits at state level.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
The last two series went right down to the wire. Despite my 3-0 prediction (which was mainly a joke) I think we're pretty much hosed this year with the two games being in QLD. There should be two games in NSW every year until the Blues win :P

edit: and I am officially boycotting the series if Mitchell Pearce plays.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

My prediction is NSW will somehow miraculously win the first Queensland game, everyone will think that it might be OK and then they'll poo poo the bed at ANZ and they'll lose the last two games by a mile.

:(

ili
Jul 26, 2003

fuckpot posted:

edit: and I am officially boycotting the series if Mitchell Pearce plays.
I think Laurie Daley's already declared the Pearce will be the halfback again this year.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

ili posted:

I think Laurie Daley's already declared the Pearce will be the halfback again this year.
I heard as much to. Hopefully Adam Reynolds shows some irresistible form and gets picked. Anyone but Pearce. He had an all-time terrible game in game 3 last year and we lost by only two points. He played poo poo in game 3 2012 as well and we lost by one point. I reckon if we had a good half-back we'd have won both of those years :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

fuckpot posted:

I heard as much to. Hopefully Adam Reynolds shows some irresistible form and gets picked. Anyone but Pearce. He had an all-time terrible game in game 3 last year and we lost by only two points. He played poo poo in game 3 2012 as well and we lost by one point. I reckon if we had a good half-back we'd have won both of those years :shrug:

From what I've seen he's not even league average as a halfback, and there were at least 5 NSW eligible halves I would've had ahead of him no question with another 5 as arguable.

• Locked thread