Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinatown posted:

Please park correctly.

Thanks,

A Person Who Also Parks

gently caress THAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Parking ~hard~ is different!!!

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

The green car had plenty of room and I wanted to give the minivan extra room because children, plus the parking spots are tiny to begin with. :colbert: Hey, at least I was trying.

...Kinda.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Frosty Jeepy stuff.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Chinatown posted:

Please park correctly.

Thanks,

A Person Who Also Parks

There were probably no tugboats available, cut him some slack.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Chinatown posted:

Please park correctly.

Thanks,

A Person Who Also Parks

You can't engage in class warfare by staying in the lines, man.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

meatpimp posted:

That's what they want you to think...:ninja:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Have a really grainy picture of my wagon in Key Largo. The ISO on my camera was WAY off :smith:

(click for bigger)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

meatpimp posted:

If the shoe fits...

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Originally, freshly detailed after I got it from my grandfather (who bought it new):

Before:

Presently:

Some jerkwad wrecked it in my parking garage last year, still looking for the body parts :(

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
It's cold out there.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
God I want a Mk2 Supra.

Devyl posted:

It's cold out there.

I guess so.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I loving love that.

'83 Supra is pretty damned rare. I'd hate to have to find the fender flares, they only came on the performance model. :( Dad bought an '82 Terra Cotta new and it's one of the things that sparked my car love. Is that your bike, too?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

meatpimp posted:

I loving love that.

'83 Supra is pretty damned rare. I'd hate to have to find the fender flares, they only came on the performance model. :( Dad bought an '82 Terra Cotta new and it's one of the things that sparked my car love. Is that your bike, too?

It was, a double whammy if you will. Jeep that had a "stuck accelerator" -> bike -> car -> wall Luckily both flares are in good enough shape to prep+paint, it's the actual fenders that are hosed. I ordered a door yesterday, so there's that :unsmith:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

SaNChEzZ posted:

It was, a double whammy if you will. Luckily both flares are in good enough shape to prep+paint, it's the actual fenders that are hosed. I ordered a door yesterday, so there's that :unsmith:

Are the fenders different between performance and luxury, other than the fender flares?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Is that a Czech license plate?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Are the fenders different between performance and luxury, other than the fender flares?

There's mounting holes for the flares on the p-type fenders, but structurally I think they're the same. The smaller flare on the l-type (which is moulded into the metal) may be present on the p-types underneath the fiberglass flares but I'm not sure.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

CharlesM posted:

Is that a Czech license plate?

It sure is! It beats a euro tag that says "VAG LVR" or some poo poo.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Devyl posted:

It's cold out there.

So cold (the snow wheels are, I think, like 2010 or 2011 wrx OEMs)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

$600 exhaust? Also I don't know what is going on behind your rear license plate but I think my heart is telling me it's okay.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

$600 exhaust? Also I don't know what is going on behind your rear license plate but I think my heart is telling me it's okay.

I'm the guy with the $600 exhaust. Sorry, mom. Sorry, god.

That is a hand stenciled houndstooth panel behind the license plate.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

This car probably sounds like its about to fall apart whenever you drive it down the street. poor 5 series

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

That is a hand stenciled houndstooth panel behind the license plate.

Roll Tahd Pawl. What's the deal with the hood? It looks like a pattern or something interesting, got a better pic?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Devyl posted:

It's cold out there.

Is that the sedan?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Viper_3000 posted:

Roll Tahd Pawl. What's the deal with the hood? It looks like a pattern or something interesting, got a better pic?

Looks like rust with another houndstooth stencil in the corner. Tres chic.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
Out with the old, in with the also old

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

I'm strangely attracted to this one, reminds me of the Mighty Car Mods 'street cred' Golf they did.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

blk posted:

Is that the sedan?

Nope. '06 Coupe with the six speed manual and all the trimmings except nav.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I hope this is the right thread for this, but I just really want to tell someone who much I love my car.

It's a 97' Nissan Sentra that I picked up at a car lots junk area. The cars they got their hands on that they deem too crappy to sell up front and hide away, out of customer view, in the back of the lot until they can decide what to do with them.

There's so many things broken on this vehicle it would take a list a page long to catalogue them all. If I was in a country with mandatory vehicle inspections I bet they'd laugh at me when I drove her up. When I bought it the intention was to have a cheap beater that would get me four miles down the road to work long enough for me to buy a real car. I quite literally intended for it to be disposable.

But she was having none of that.

You see, I've owned her for going on four years now. That first two years she chugged along like a beast despite her problems. But then I hit a really bad spell financially. Spent some time pseudo-homeless and hungry. And with my savings dwindling, regular maintenance on her became something I just couldn't afford. But of course I still had to drive her. Then went the insurance. Then the tag. And eventually I didn't even have enough cash to even put any gas in her. So about a year and a half ago I parked her in my dad's back yard under a tree, gas on empty and with oil/filters/belts/etc. all already well past their replacement dates. And there she's sat for a year and half while I tried making ends meet to feed myself and keep shelter.

Well I finally got back on my feet and saved up enough money to get her at least street legal. With a new insurance card in hand, a battery charger, and a 5-Gallon jug of gasoline I went out to see what needed to be done to get her mobile once again.

All it took was quick charge, some gas, and some air in the tires and she started right up. Immediately, as if that year and a half of being sedentary meant nothing to her. I swapped out some filters and changed the oil and she's running like a dream. This car, a car that was so broken not even a used car salesman wanted to touch her, is still going strong after all the abuse she's received. Years between maintenance, years sitting exposed to the elements, years since the last time anyone even peeked under the hood.

So, I loving love my car. I'm pouring every dime I can into finally getting her truly repaired. The biggest hurdle is her bent rear axle, but I'm going to throw the ridiculous amount of money at it to be fixed because I just can't bring myself to scrap her after all this. I've never had a car that just keeps going like she has.

I've owned a few cars before she came along. But when I'm old and gray and look back on my younger years, this Nissan is going to be the car I remember.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Truck doing truck thang

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Esroc posted:

A post from a man who loves his beat up rear end beater car

Alot of people get that attachment to their vehicle. I'm very much that way about my truck. Most people think that it is ugly, tacky and generally a bad vehicle, but if you ask me its a good looking, tastefully done vehicle that is reliable (Except at the moment, its a broken down piece of poo poo and I hate it) and generally a good truck.

EDIT: You should go watch Love the Beast on Netflix. It has alot of that type of thinking in it.

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

Washed and waxed my '13 ST today. I debadged it also of the Focus badge (I didn't really like the font), but I forgot to photo that :(

Looks really good! I picked up a Tuxedo Black ST2 a few months ago. Hoping warms up around here soon, I really want to pull my Focus badge too.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

gently caress keeping cars clean in the winter.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
gently caress keeping cars clean... Ever.

This is how I did that...

Shinde
Mar 19, 2009

After a fresh wash during our short period of warm (~50 degree) weather on Sunday.

The Jet Black Mica looks great when clean, but as I drove home from the car wash, I promptly remembered that snowmelt sometimes gets on highways ... long stretches of them.

She didn't stay this clean for very long. :negative:

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

chrisgt posted:

gently caress keeping cars clean... Ever.

This is how I did that...

That's freaking awesome! The fun you had makes the mess worth it!

I got sick of having an SVT Cobra that I couldn't drive half the year, and a crapheap that I didn't want to drive for the other half. I traded them both in on a new 2013 Focus ST back in November and don't regret it. The weather has been crappy ever since I got it, so I don't have any clean photos.

Dakotaboy88 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 15, 2014

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Dakotaboy88 posted:

That's freaking awesome! The fun you had makes the mess worth it!

The only time I'm annoyed by a dirty car is when I have to get under the drat thing to fix it. Then I get a face full of dirt whenever I hit something with a hammer or the bap bap gun.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

chrisgt posted:

The only time I'm annoyed by a dirty car is when I have to get under the drat thing to fix it. Then I get a face full of dirt whenever I hit something with a hammer or the bap bap gun.

gently caress I hate that.

I am still shaking dirt out of my hair and I stopped working on my rear suspension like four hours ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Better than rust in your eyes. :negative: