Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
cis_admin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

added, your emblem is kinda offensive (wait till you see mine) I like it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

In real news, the guy who got crushed during recovery, what, a month ago on the NSC passed away. From all accounts it sounded like a rough way to go.

http://www.uscgnews.com/go/doc/4007/2036890/Coast-Guard-mourns-passing-of-shipmate

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x1221258809/Coast-Guard-searching-for-man-overboard-off-Cape-Ann
:smith:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

The risk you take when you don't have a life vest in cold waters.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hearing the fishermen explain how the person fell overboard was depresing as gently caress. You could hear him cracking up over the radio. :smith:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Hearing the fishermen explain how the person fell overboard was depresing as gently caress. You could hear him cracking up over the radio. :smith:

Probably should claim PTSD for this.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

krispykremessuck posted:

Probably should claim PTSD for this.

You are a real rear end in a top hat, not against me but against those who actually fo have ptsd. Like my dad.

You would also probably call me a bleeding vagina for trying to report a certain former QM turned OS for a racist loving comment on my ability to talk on the radio.

gently caress me for feeling guilt and gently caress me for having an accent.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

ElMaligno posted:

You are a real rear end in a top hat, not against me but against those who actually fo have ptsd. Like my dad.

You would also probably call me a bleeding vagina for trying to report a certain former QM turned OS for a racist loving comment on my ability to talk on the radio.

:qq:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ElMaligno posted:

you are the whiniest loving pedo looking gently caress i swear to god lmao no one gives a poo poo you rican human being

also your name, change it to ElMangina

Because You're A Pussy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Oh well at least I vented a bit about it.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Used to be you couldn't have an accent to be a TC/OS because of communication issues over radio, so I guess be glad they even let you do it? Either way man, settle the gently caress down before you have a stroke because of the internet (and crippling hispanic diabetes).

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

It was a very particular incident which I am not going to expand on because I am tired as gently caress.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ElMaligno posted:

It was a very particular incident which I am not going to expand on because I am tired as gently caress.

Im going to rip up your little diary you fairy

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

genderstomper58 posted:

Im going to rip up your little diary you fairy

You are putting way too much effort in this poo poo.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If someone is being a racist douche report that poo poo, but for gods sake talk to them first.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Elendil004 posted:

If someone is being a racist douche report that poo poo, but for gods sake talk to them first.

I already talked to my OSC about it (he was present during the incident). I pretty much told my cheif that I don't want him to talk to me about the incident and that I don't want him to apologize to me.

The only reason I stopped there is that the person has a family and for the extremely small chance he wasn't actually racist. But if he tries to talk to me and tries to apologize I will only stop him once and if anything else happens I will take it directly to OPS.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Exemplary conflict resolution itt.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Merry Christmas, scumbags

only a few days late

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

krispykremessuck posted:

Merry Christmas, scumbags

only a few days late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jmiWFKW3P4

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Anyone happen to know how soon after I receive my orders I can request HHG?

My lease is up in April and the landlord doesn't want to extend me until June. Just trying to think of options that would get me out of paying to move all my poo poo to another place for three months before I pcs. If I get orders in March and can request hhg to put stuff into storage, then all is good. Otherwise I might be hosed. Just can't remember from the last time I pcsed.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

nwin posted:

Anyone happen to know how soon after I receive my orders I can request HHG?

My lease is up in April and the landlord doesn't want to extend me until June. Just trying to think of options that would get me out of paying to move all my poo poo to another place for three months before I pcs. If I get orders in March and can request hhg to put stuff into storage, then all is good. Otherwise I might be hosed. Just can't remember from the last time I pcsed.

No matter what you're entitled (or were, I guess it could have changed) to 180 days storage-in-transit. It won't stop them from calling you every day asking if you're ready to have your stuff dropped off yet, but you can set up the move on the website for whenever once you have orders.

It also won't stop your wife from trying to kill you since all of your poo poo will be broken and packed up for 3 months before you can get to it.

Where are you going? Morgan City?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

krispykremessuck posted:

No matter what you're entitled (or were, I guess it could have changed) to 180 days storage-in-transit. It won't stop them from calling you every day asking if you're ready to have your stuff dropped off yet, but you can set up the move on the website for whenever once you have orders.

It also won't stop your wife from trying to kill you since all of your poo poo will be broken and packed up for 3 months before you can get to it.

Where are you going? Morgan City?

Haha no clue yet. Thanks for the info on HHG. Only thing me and two other coworkers have heard is we all received a solicitation for the CID in Guam.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Wow, surprisingly this thread is more of a OS human being circle jerk than normal. Great Job!:jerkbag:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Crash74 posted:

Wow, surprisingly this thread is more of a OS human being circle jerk than normal. Great Job!:jerkbag:

Its more of a single jerk seeing that the other one is dead.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Crash74 posted:

I'm sorry your rating sucks :(

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So this was pretty awesome.

Got a message last night saying non-essential personnel was authorized to come in 2 hours late due to icing on roads.

That means I have to be in there at 9. Leave the house at 745 since the drive normally takes me 30 minutes. Get a call at 8:45 saying roads are still too hosed up-turn around if you are closer to home than work. However, by this point I'm stuck in traffic with no way out. Finally get out of standstill traffic three hours later and come home.

Just talked to a coworker that made it to work and she said there is zero point coming in at all since power keeps going out in our new building and all inspections were cancelled due to weather. Oh, and half of us just packed up our stuff yesterday so we won't even have anything at our desks until Monday.

Nothing like making decisions too late so everyone just ends up really inconvenienced.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The closer we are to TSTA, the crazier the chiefs and officers are getting. On more positive news the next wetting down will NOT be in GTMO :woop:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

nwin posted:

So this was pretty awesome.

Got a message last night saying non-essential personnel was authorized to come in 2 hours late due to icing on roads.

That means I have to be in there at 9. Leave the house at 745 since the drive normally takes me 30 minutes. Get a call at 8:45 saying roads are still too hosed up-turn around if you are closer to home than work. However, by this point I'm stuck in traffic with no way out. Finally get out of standstill traffic three hours later and come home.

Just talked to a coworker that made it to work and she said there is zero point coming in at all since power keeps going out in our new building and all inspections were cancelled due to weather. Oh, and half of us just packed up our stuff yesterday so we won't even have anything at our desks until Monday.

Nothing like making decisions too late so everyone just ends up really inconvenienced.

You're an O, you don't have an open brow?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

You're an O, you don't have an open brow?

The M world is different.™

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

krispykremessuck posted:

Pretty much this. I think I was treated with more power as an E-5.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

krispykremessuck posted:

BTdubs if you need any tips on how to be more like me just ask.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Anyone's commands decide how they are going to implement group PT yet? Ours is in the process, but just saying we better workout 180 minutes/week on the honor system for now.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

nwin posted:

Anyone's commands decide how they are going to implement group PT yet? Ours is in the process, but just saying we better workout 180 minutes/week on the honor system for now.

the honor system is the best way because no one gives a gently caress about group pt

disband the cg

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Group PT was fun when it was like, make sure your duty section plays some volleyball, or show up a few hours late after doing poo poo at the gym on Otis. It sucked when it was "off-going duty section go for a fun run"

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Elendil004 posted:

Group PT was fun when it was like, make sure your duty section plays some volleyball, or show up a few hours late after doing poo poo at the gym on Otis. It sucked when it was "off-going duty section go for a fun run"

Eh, we had a few sports days that we tried to do, but it always sucked because you had to have a standby duty team and the offgoing section just wanted to get the gently caress out of there, so it never really stuck.

I was surprised to see one of my friends professing his love for the COMDT when the mandatory PT announcement came out. He changed his tune a bit when he realized what was actually involved in having group PT mandatory.

Worst part was there is this new Beta for what a mandatory PT test will consist of, and so some of the MST's at the base decided to try it out and see how they fared. That worked well until one of em broke their collarbone that day.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

We have an optional workout period while underway and inport. Underway is placed at a weird time, so I never work out until the work day is over. Inport is only one day and its an hour (after you discount, duty swapping, going to the base gym, coming back and showering).

I'm still doing my own thing and (hopefully) I will continue doing so.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Already called a snow day for tomorrow...in Texas.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Coastie friend of mine was seeing double, checked into Walter Reed with a brain tumor. Dude is my age, that's crazy. He's doing ok now, they went in and did biopsy and poo poo.

He's probably stuck with an off season xfer though since his normal rotation got hosed up. Not that he cares right now...bunch of free leave though, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Why do JOs have to ruin my love for plotting and prepping charts? :smith:

• Locked thread