Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
F-train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Hey, I just had a thought.

"A storm is coming" guy yelled at Tudiya about a fire raging even now, right? Remind me, I don't think anyone has actually told Tudiya about the demons under his city yet, have they? He's just rolled out of bed, wiped the honey off his chest, and went straight to judging pretty much. As far as he knows, this is still just a matter of some crazy witch attempting to kidnap his sons and nothing more...yes?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Voting G - Headshot.

The guy is going to burn to death. This is a mercy, second only to the crush of Asherah's maw. Vote for mercy, not barbarism.

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008
A. Do nothing. Plenty of Mighty Folk about.

Ishamal literally just warned us not to use our powers. Dream Jorah has begged us not to use our powers. We need to do nothing. There are plenty of people around who can react to this, without putting themselves at risk of burning out their soul.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

PandaPropaganda posted:

A. Do nothing. Plenty of Mighty Folk about.

Ishamal literally just warned us not to use our powers. Dream Jorah has begged us not to use our powers. We need to do nothing. There are plenty of people around who can react to this, without putting themselves at risk of burning out their soul.

There's a distinction. Using our powers through exertion burns out flesh and wears us out, but when they activate on their own, as they are now, we suffer no ill effects. Take advantage and initiative; cripple the crazy.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

Tomn posted:

Hey, I just had a thought.

"A storm is coming" guy yelled at Tudiya about a fire raging even now, right? Remind me, I don't think anyone has actually told Tudiya about the demons under his city yet, have they? He's just rolled out of bed, wiped the honey off his chest, and went straight to judging pretty much. As far as he knows, this is still just a matter of some crazy witch attempting to kidnap his sons and nothing more...yes?

We know that Ishamal has talked to Tudiya after he woke up.

Voting F. Best chance of stopping him without the risk of missing.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
J, and aim carefully, we have a little time. If this isn't a telegraphed Mighty Shot moment I don't know what is. Perfect opportunity to be a badass. Remember, the grove scorpion shot was just like this and it didn't hurt us, nor is being fast and accurate a violation of natural causality like making stuff spontaneously combust is.

Interesting how this implies we have a certain very limited ability to sense the future.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Ahhh gently caress it. K, Baller shot time.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

the_steve posted:

F - We want information, and disabling his seppuku hand will probably send a pretty strong message.
Shooting him in the balls would be hilarious, but wouldn't he also go into shock or something? We need to grill him for intel.

Sure. Second to best chances, stops him from doing what he wants to do, keeps him alive, I see no downside.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Theglavwen posted:

Sure. Second to best chances, stops him from doing what he wants to do, keeps him alive, I see no downside.

What about the fact that he's going to be burned alive? This type of cruelty just breeds more extremism

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I think the votes for upper/lower arm & hand will all end in fairly similar results (if a successful shot is made) - my thinking behind voting for the hand was if whatever he is planning involves simply grabbing & dropping something, he likely will fight through the pain of an upper/lower arm injury and still do it, while a hand injury stops him from grabbing anything.

Regardless, any arm shot is only buying time - he can just switch to the other arm.

Edit: maybe he's nuts and just wants to whip out his junk.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 9, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tsyni posted:

What about the fact that he's going to be burned alive? This type of cruelty just breeds more extremism
He brought it upon himself. What did you think would happen to him after he said that on today of all days?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

He brought it upon himself. What did you think would happen to him after he said that on today of all days?

Mercy is granted by those who can see beyond their pride. Being vindictive because he said some words seems petty. I guess the vote on whether to intervene was very close, but are we actually going to get answers from this random dude, when no one else is budging an inch to tell us anything? It seems like we're going to have to be patient and wait to discover what we want to know. We have a chance to react now and provide a mercy to this man.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
You generally show mercy to people that have surrendered themselves, not someone openly defying you. That is is something else. Maybe turning the other cheek? Also, this guy is just saying harmful wards, he's about to wip out something from his robe. Probably his dick.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

J: Dick or not, we should play it safe.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
K: Shoot him in the dick

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
It's not so much that he is defying us. We have to assume he is threatening everyone in the general vicinity and given the Bareen Battery of Horrors possibly has a WMD. We don't know that and he might pull out a wooden spoon, but we have to assume he is intending destruction and mayhem at the greatest scale possible for him. Whatever energy is being summoned has automatically and naturally kicked us into Mighty Mode: Time Dilation. No exertion of will is involved. We are simply responding to the circumstance. We are likely responding to the 'energy' already beginning to flow in order for him to attempt to carry out whatever violence he has in mind.

We need to interrupt that. If we feel that is possible without killing him, so much the better.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

J

This will disable the hand and open the door for others to subdue him. Dick shot is cool but needlessly vindictive, and he might still manage whatever he is doing.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Dick shot is hilarious. And yes, I would watch "Ow! My Nuts!"

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

You generally show mercy to people that have surrendered themselves, not someone openly defying you. That is is something else. Maybe turning the other cheek? Also, this guy is just saying harmful wards, he's about to wip out something from his robe. Probably his dick.

Turning the other cheek is certainly part of it. You can show mercy to those whose fate you control.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sogol posted:

Mighty Mode: Time Dilation.
Ever since this sequence started, whenever I open this thread the Time Alter music from Fate/Zero starts up in my head.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Tsyni posted:

Turning the other cheek is certainly part of it. You can show mercy to those whose fate you control.

What is best in life?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Tsyni posted:

As I said, no downside :colbert:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Comedy Minivote:

Do you have a one liner in store for the occasion, such as "Vayahi Arrow?"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

"Hands off." (if we are shooting at his hand)

That's my only suggestion.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Give up. You don't want to know where the next arrow goes.:c00l:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Diogines posted:

Comedy Minivote:

Do you have a one liner in store for the occasion, such as "Vayahi Arrow?"

It depends on whether our voice is going to come out all slo mo and really low, like we have inhaled helium or normal.

If slo mo the "noooooooooooooooooooooo" with a close up shot of our face and then snap back is sufficient.

If helium the something very serious, righteous and pious will do... "I smite thee in the name of El", but of course shouted in a ridiculous elf voice.

If normal, I am sure more creative minds will prevail.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
"looks like you brought a [replace with object] to a bow fight." :clint:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Call me Hurricane Enkidel. :smug:

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Last thing he said was "Farewell!"

If we do hit his arm/hand:

"Wait, you forgot to wave goodbye!"

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
K Time to collect another foreskin :getin:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Task Manager posted:

Last thing he said was "Farewell!"

If we do hit his arm/hand:

"Wait, you forgot to wave goodbye!"
I change my vote to this.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Depending on where he gets hit.

hand - "looks like you could use a hand."
head - "don't lose your head."
Gut shot - "he had a lot of guts."
Genitals - "he shouldn't have been such a dick."

If he is near any walls that our arrow can pin him to we could always use the old Arnie favourite. "Stick around."

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

jazzyhattrick posted:

we could always use the old Arnie favourite. "Stick around."

"Stick around" +1, regardless of where he gets hit.

We are sticking him with an arrow, after all.

It's fabulously bad punning. We must do it.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 10, 2014

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

FoxTerrier posted:

"Stick around" +1, regardless of where he gets hit.

We are sticking him with an arrow, after all.

It's fabulously bad punning. We must do it.

"Farewell!"

*thunk*

"Stick around."

Even though I am partial to my own concoction, that is fantastic. Changing my vote to "Stick around"

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yippee Ki Yay Motherfucker.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I like stick around as well.

Grandito
Sep 6, 2008
J. I think if we shoot his arm he still might manage to power through and use whatever he's got.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

F Stick Around
If we do the junk shot try to make sure the blow removes the foreskin as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys realise that we are going to make the first action movie style quip in history. The children of Zepath are going to be repeating it constantly.