Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I feel like Saitama is about to punch a hero into dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
All the build-up is to Saitama quitting the Hero association

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Grim posted:

All the build-up is to Saitama quitting the Hero association

At first I was going to say it would lead to Saitama getting kicked out of the association thanks to the likes of Sweet Mask not tolerating this newbie's bullshit (refusing to kill villains, taking credit for other heroes' work, showing up the S-Ranks). On the other hand Saitama refusing to play by their rules and quitting of his own volition, definitely falls in favor with him taking control of his destiny and upsetting the status quo, as opposed to being kicked out and being OK with that turn of events (which really seems more like sour grapes). Mostly I want a scenario where the association has to go back to Saitama on hands and knees, bribing him with an S/SS-Rank promotion and celebrity opportunities, and he doesn't accept any of that bullshit because he'll take the job for free, since he is a hero as a hobby.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Wittgen posted:

Genos has gotten zero resolution to his quest, though there were hints that his opponent is Metal Knight. It's unclear whether the prophecy has been resolved or not.

How sad would it be for Genos if the evil cyborg who killed his family showed up, Genos felt confident that he was now strong enough to avenge his family, and then Saitama just killed the cyborg with one slap.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
No need for crazy speculation here. Saitama doesn't care about this situation at all and he'll probably be vilified for it by the Hero Association.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Who knows, maybe Zombie will have Saitama's back on this.

Guy doesn't seem to be too much of a jackass.

Not that Saitama actually needs it, though.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Who knows, maybe Zombie will have Saitama's back on this.

Guy doesn't seem to be too much of a jackass.

Not that Saitama actually needs it, though.

Several of the heroes would have his back. And the rest just saw the guy flip a square mile of Earth a hundred miles into the air while punching the poo poo out of a guy who just tore up everyone while hardly trying... I mean how much do you really want to piss off a guy who you already know punched a meteor to death?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Liar posted:

How sad would it be for Genos if the evil cyborg who killed his family showed up, Genos felt confident that he was now strong enough to avenge his family, and then Saitama just killed the cyborg with one slap.

Saitama isn't a dick, he'd let Genos fight if he was aware that was the cyborg in particular, I mean Genos is studying under Saitama for the sole reason that Saitama probably COULD end that cyborg with one slap, and genos wants him some of that.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Liar posted:

Several of the heroes would have his back. And the rest just saw the guy flip a square mile of Earth a hundred miles into the air while punching the poo poo out of a guy who just tore up everyone while hardly trying... I mean how much do you really want to piss off a guy who you already know punched a meteor to death?

I don't know. I think Bang and Genos would probably back Saitama but they'd still have an issue with letting him live since Garou killed like a poo poo load of people.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
"I won't let this little scuffle turn into murder" was pretty hilarious given how many people Garou killed.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

He killed some (nonhuman?) villains, and that's about it I think.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
What about Bang's students?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Wittgen posted:

What about Bang's students?

I thought he only maimed them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I don't remember Garou murdering heroes or civilians, just maiming them.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RatHat posted:

Yeah I don't remember Garou murdering heroes or civilians, just maiming them.

Didn't he kill all those underworld guys who jumped him at the hero association meeting trying to recruit them?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
One of the monsters calls him out on it.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

gnome7 posted:

Didn't he kill all those underworld guys who jumped him at the hero association meeting trying to recruit them?
No he just hurt them very badly.

That's his whole schtick in the end, he doesn't kill anyone because he's actually a pretty nice guy.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Bisse posted:

That's his whole schtick in the end, he doesn't kill anyone because he's actually a pretty nice guy.

A nice guy who didn't have the resolve to take his hobby all the way.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Bisse posted:

Well I guess he's definitely hero material if he isn't a murderer! Mind you killing monsters, aliens and former humans is totally okay though

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kegslayer posted:

Well I guess he's definitely hero material if he isn't a murderer! Mind you killing monsters, aliens and former humans is totally okay though

Saitama routinely punches the guts and brains out of monsters, aliens and former humans, so it's fine.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
As do Superman, Goku and most other heroes you could hold up as exemplary.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kegslayer posted:

The prisoner guy is a straight up rapist.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As it turns out, the Heroes Association is actually pretty short on legitimately heroic and decent people.

Licenseless Rider will always have a bowl of ramen in my heart though.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Everyone has their own reason for helping others. In the end, does it really matter why they killed those monsters?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
But wait! There's more!

(More pages added)

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/217301/onepunch-man-original_ch94v2_by_anonymous

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Well I guess this sort of takes the pressure off Saitama... Although I would have loved seeing the heroes trying to get past him.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Liar posted:

Well I guess this sort of takes the pressure off Saitama... Although I would have loved seeing the heroes trying to get past him.

Well even if Bang said to kill him, Saitama would stop them all.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Terror Sweat posted:

Well even if Bang said to kill him, Saitama would stop them all.

It's so tough because on one hand you want to see Saitama be acknowledged by the masses. But on the other hand I also want to see him put literally every other hero on the planet in their place.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Bang's a good guy. He will resolve the situation before Saitama has to smack someone into paste. Of course, he is probably the only one there aside from Genos who isn't in denial about how ridiculous Saitama is, so by saving Garou's life he may be saving the lives of a bunch of other heroes as well.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If Saitama won't kill Garou over this I doubt he'd kill the heroes to stop them killing Garou. If Bang's saving their anything by intervening, it's their pride.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

tsob posted:

If Saitama won't kill Garou over this I doubt he'd kill the heroes to stop them killing Garou. If Bang's saving their anything by intervening, it's their pride.

Pretty much. Saitama has never killed a single human in the whole manga, so I doubt he would start now. He'd probably just knock them all unconscious like he did to Sonic.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

tsob posted:

Saitama doesn't need to kill anyone. He could easily intimidate any one of them into submission just by standing there and slapping away their most powerful attacks, or sneezing and blowing them a mile away. Of course we still don't know what Pig God is capable of. For all we know it might be absolutely loving insane.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Liar posted:

Saitama doesn't need to kill anyone. He could easily intimidate any one of them into submission just by standing there and slapping away their most powerful attacks, or sneezing and blowing them a mile away. Of course we still don't know what Pig God is capable of. For all we know it might be absolutely loving insane.

Pig god just eats and eats and eats.
And if something eats him he just eats it from the inside.

Also it's been pretty well established that it's going to be very very hard for anything to call itself Saitama's match.
Hell his serious series moves involve him just doing his regular moves in multiples or with a bit more force.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The problem is, Saitama is so ridiculously strong that no one can accept what they see. Even now, most of the heroes who were conscious probably interpreted the fight as an underdog surpassing his limits to fight an unparalleled monster. That was actually the case, but none of them probably realized that Garou was the underdog. I mean, they were shaking in fear because the monster was still alive? If any of those heroes had a decent grasp on the situation they would be acting that way toward Saitama. Sweet Mask in particular has no idea what he is doing. He went up and manhandled Saitama after watching that insane fight, and then started giving orders in a threatening tone.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Thankfully Bang is sound enough of mind to realize that nobody stands a chance against Saitama. I'm not sure how he plans to defuse this situation but I don't think killing Garou is going to help anyone. All he has to do is create a situation where the other heroes feel like they got what they wanted.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Brought To You By posted:

Thankfully Bang is sound enough of mind to realize that nobody stands a chance against Saitama. I'm not sure how he plans to defuse this situation but I don't think killing Garou is going to help anyone. All he has to do is create a situation where the other heroes feel like they got what they wanted.

What if they compromised and killed NEET instead?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So what are the odds the the Earth is in trouble prophesy is about Saitama because so far in the comic he is the most dangerous thing in existence.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Ethiser posted:

So what are the odds the the Earth is in trouble prophesy is about Saitama because so far in the comic he is the most dangerous thing in existence.
Super low, Saitama is naively good, he punches bad guys for fun. He responded to a 10-page monologue about 'why are you a hero' with 'its a hobby' and after further inquiries elaborated his answer to 'its a hobby you loving idiot'. He watches heroes fight for life and death, revenge, watches them fight the biggest battles of their lives or what they believe to be fate-deciding showdowns of destiny, he then calls it 'squabbles' and comes in and onepunches the bad guy whenever he feels like it.

To become a threat to earth he would first have to have a basic level of care about, well, anything at all, and other than today's sale, he doesn't.

Basically I can not see him in any way 1) become evil, or 2) become involved in any sort of drama. Without either of those two I can't see him being a threat to earth in any way.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 14, 2014

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bisse posted:

To become a threat to earth he would first have to have a basic level of care about, well, anything at all, and other than today's sale, he doesn't.

He also cares about re-growing his hair, as seen in the chapter where he fought the Konbu Monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'd imagine the prophesy is about the mysterious "god" going around turning people into dragon level monsters.