Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Sham bam bamina! posted:

•Controlled imagination:
     ◦ You write or say things that you wouldn’t normally want to write or say,
     ◦ You sing along with a “song in your head.” But, sometimes the tone goes down. So you have to sing lower and lower.
     ◦ You want to be funny, but they see it different.
     ◦ Your erotic fantasy is systematically replaced with things that are not erotic, and that you don’t want. For example, if you think of your lover then he/she is replaced with a photograph of the house of your parents that you didn’t see in 20 years, so it becomes impossible to think of your lover.

something something fyad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TINA TURNER posted:

something something fyad

snyping page 386 with something so obvious it might well be implied to the uninitiated. i hereby revoke your status as acolyte of the order of 219, and order you to disrobe and return all corporate property, magnetic namebadge, and sidearm with clip full of blanks to staff logistics. you have shamed many with your uncanny ability of offering narrative to that which should well be left on mute.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
1, not on wikipedia

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
i love you metal pink babble

your amazing metal pink babble

you complte me metal pink babble

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Wow, I tried to find the most worthless part of that gang stalking article but had to give up. When I reached the past about dinosaurs and humans living together I cracked up though!

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Suspicious Dish posted:

Wow, I tried to find the most worthless part of that gang stalking article but had to give up. When I reached the past about dinosaurs and humans living together I cracked up though!

wikigroaning 101:

wikipettan posted:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_The_Last_Dinosaur[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_The_Last_Dinosaur

Denver, the Last Dinosaur is a U.S.-French cartoon for children originally released in 1988 by World Events Productions (the same company responsible for the English dubs of Voltron and for Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs). It was nationally syndicated throughout the United States in 1988 with reruns airing until 1990. Episodes often focused on issues of conservation, ecology, and friendship.

The show ran for two seasons, as the dinosaur boom that had followed The Land Before Time waned, causing viewership to drop. The series received a recommendation from the National Educational Association.

wikipettan posted:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_the_World_Watcher]

Widget, the World Watcher is an animated television series which debuted in syndication on September 29, 1990. The series ran for two seasons; in the first season (1990), it aired once a week (usually on Saturday or Sunday), and in the second season (1991), the series expanded to 5 days a week (Monday-Friday). The show featured environmentalist themes and was recognized by the National Education Association as recommended viewing for children.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
who the hell dubs voltron?!! this screams nwo conspiracy!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I liked the dub of Voltron!

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
realtalk tho

http://rocketpower.wikia.com/wiki/Cold_War

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Metal Pink Babble posted:

snyping page 386 with something so obvious it might well be implied to the uninitiated. i hereby revoke your status as acolyte of the order of 219, and order you to disrobe and return all corporate property, magnetic namebadge, and sidearm with clip full of blanks to staff logistics. you have shamed many with your uncanny ability of offering narrative to that which should well be left on mute.

dang
i guess i better disrobe right now in front of u

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Relevance

Cold War related themes, ranging from nationalism and anticommunism, to criticism of "the youth" in general and concern over the influence of pacifist philosophy, liberal politics, and alternative lifestyles in particular, held sway over local, state, and federal politics til well past the time of German reunification. As just a very minor example, surfing had been going on in Ocean Shores for as long as anyone could remember, having been introduced in California before the Great War. But skateboarding, an activity which only started to exist in about 1965 or so, was never officially tolerated in public there until the creation of Madtown Skatepark.

In certain periods during and after the Cold War, the vast influence of American Popular and Politial culture, also had a profound impact on Europe and in Asian countries; notably like Britan, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Australia and others. Many of them, choosing to drop their "old world" colonial tradition style of living and become more "American" like, as democracy slowly began to take hold. For example, the advent of skateboarding in the US in the late 1940s and 1950s, and it's rise to prominence in the 1960s and 1970s, became more of a global staple among world youth by 1990s and 2000s, and into today.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

haha

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

wtf

Made up title (officially titled actual title) is ...

if you want your retarded bullshit article to be accessible from some garbage title, make a goddamn redirect

agh

gently caress

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

See also

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Georgia/Archive_1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHEN YOU TYPE GEORGIA IN SEARCH WHAT COMES UP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Gay_Nigger_Association_of_America

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Gay friend of the family Association of America was nominated as a good article

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Lamest_edit_wars

the whole shebang

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_creation/Redirects#Role_of_computer_in_today.E2.80.99s_life

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

this is the second most worthwhile thing on wikipedia after "list of unusual deaths"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Richard Kyanka

An unseemly brawl over whether the article should name him "Richard Kyanka" or "Richard Charles Kyanka". At least the anon editors insisting on the insertion of the middle name provided good verifiable sources.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

FrozenVent posted:

Richard Kyanka

An unseemly brawl over whether the article should name him "Richard Kyanka" or "Richard Charles Kyanka". At least the anon editors insisting on the insertion of the middle name provided good verifiable sources.

why

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

words for the words throne, sperging for the sperging god

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
no but who the gently caress cares about lowtaxs second name, i didnt even know he had one

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

in the grim darkness of Wikipedia, there is only sperg

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

lol

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

TINA TURNER posted:

no but who the gently caress cares about lowtaxs second name, i didnt even know he had one

this kind of talk let a muslim become president

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Gdanzig / Dańsk
Danzig? Gdańsk? Gdanzig? Dańsk? Dgadnazńisgk? Gdanzsikg? Edit wars have been occurring for most of Wikipedia's history with regards to the exact name of this Polish German Prussian Eastern Central Northern European Baltic Baltijas city. The edit war is so notorious that it is mentioned in the April Fools 2006 "Wikipedia's first IRC chat" log. Perhaps ironically, the city hosted Wikimania 2010.

now im angry, because i dont exactly remember nobody making petitions to rename new york to nowy jork just because thats what we call it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

R3M posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Georgia/Archive_1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHEN YOU TYPE GEORGIA IN SEARCH WHAT COMES UP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it appears that they never resolved it, it goes to a disambiguation page, and georgia (country) is the only country in the world to have (country) appended on wikipedia

:911:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol

quote:

Transponder (aviation)
7500. Four simple numbers that got an add/remove/add/remove/consensus-add/remove-anyway/ADD edit war ongoing, in slow-motion and, perhaps, still ongoing on this page. What caused all the "squawk"ing? The fact that 7500 is the emergency code you put in a transponder when your aircraft has been hijacked. Although the code is public information provided by the Federal Aviation Administration and available in any student pilot's manual to be grabbed off the shelf, IP editors keep removing it from the article. Because, apparently, would-be hijackers use Wikipedia as their only source of information on aircraft, and would recognise the code when the pilot entered it, whereas it could be entered without recognition otherwise, or so the IPs claim. One even left an edit summary saying "Deleted reference to hijack code for secutity [sic] reasons. (Yes- I know it's available other places...)". Consensus keeps the code on the page, joined (after yet another well-meaning IP removed the code) by an admin admonishment in an editnotice.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

it appears that they never resolved it, it goes to a disambiguation page, and georgia (country) is the only country in the world to have (country) appended on wikipedia

:911:

on the other side of the argument, in all discourse in the english language, which is brought up more, Georgia as a country, or as a state?

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

R3M posted:

on the other side of the argument, in all discourse in the english language, which is brought up more, Georgia as a country, or as a state?

jordan goes straight to the country rather than a disambig page even tho i bet the first name gets more use than the country. i mean they should at least be consistent?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

51 separate entries for movies and 52 for television

List of fictional fraternities and sororities

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

WorkingPeer posted:

jordan goes straight to the country rather than a disambig page even tho i bet the first name gets more use than the country. i mean they should at least be consistent?

R3M posted:

hey I get that this is yospos, a special place for spergs, but if you're going to sperg about Wikipedia take it to Wikipedia

and then we'll link it in this thread and make fun of you, deal?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The implication within Herbert's last two Dune novels of the 'prescient hold' that the residual ganglia within the Sandworms (and presumably Sand Plankton and Sandtrout) within the ecosphere on Dune, raises an important concept - the pre-Leto Sandworms also possessed ganglia, and therefore also must therefore have exercised a 'prescient hold' on the Universe in general. Being essentially animals, and non-sentient, this hold would then have expressed itself in the form of randomness, violent events, and even reproductively driven cycles within the lives of the Sandworms. Herbert did not expand on this concept in any of his works (the Dune Sextet, or Eye), and it remains an item of speculation on the part of both students of literary science fiction, as well as fans of the work.
why would anyone draw this inference?

e: lol

quote:

In Sandworms of Dune, Brian Herbert and Anderson's 2007 conclusion to the original series, the Spacing Guild is manipulated into replacing its Navigators with Ixian navigation devices and cutting off the Navigators' supply of melange. Sure to die should they be without the spice, a group of Navigators commission Waff, an imperfectly awakened Tleilaxu ghola, to create "advanced" sandworms able to produce the melange they so desperately require. He accomplishes this by altering the DNA of the sandtrout stage and creating an aquatic form of the worms, which are then released into the oceans of Buzzell. Adapting to their new environment, these seaworms quickly flourish, eventually producing a highly concentrated form of spice, dubbed "ultraspice."

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
Additionally, in the case of the Vampires, a transformation into a "Vampire Lord" is available, working in a similar way to the existing Werewolf transformation, with the exception that it may be used repeatedly, rather than once a day. The Vampire Lord has a new skill tree to level up, as well as a separate tree implemented for Werewolves, with both leveling up individually from the regular skill trees. The Vampire Lord skill tree contains eleven perks and the Werewolf skill tree contains eight perks. Ten new Xbox 360 Achievements can be earned after installing the Dawnguard add-on as well as eighteen new loading screens and several new world interactions.I feel i should tell you the downsides of being a vampire 1.Your stamina and health are drasticaly decreased in the sunlight and they eventulay don't regenerate them in the sunlight.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's stupid as hell, the sandtrout deliberately collect the water into bubbles under the sand because the adult worms are poisoned by water. it's symbiosis. frank herbert thought about the biology of the planet quite a bit

then kevin j. "nuh uh, my superhero has ALL the superpowers" anderson comes along and writes some bullshit about aquatic worms and genetic engineering and ughhhhhh

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

compuserved fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioKyxGkBRro