Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
Can't listen at work during the day anymore, catching up on some segments. Listening to the Natasha Leggero part of the first show of the new year. Anthony's "What!?" or "You're kiddin'!" always get me.

htp://youtu.be/LbOSL74naWY?t=10m43s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
They've seemingly dumped Worst of the Week in favor of actual show replays. That's a very good thing in my mind.

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

TL posted:

They've seemingly dumped Worst of the Week in favor of actual show replays. That's a very good thing in my mind.

I'd have to agree, since in my experience Worst of the Week is just a collection of their typically boring interviews.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

returnh posted:

I'd have to agree, since in my experience Worst of the Week is just a collection of their typically boring interviews.

Yeah, it's good all around. The audience prefers that, especially if there aren't any other shows on the channel. They end up having to do less work too.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
I'd almost prefer they fill time on the channel like another radio show --that shall not be named-- by playing random "best ofs" from years ago. It would be awesome to hear a Homeless Shopping Spree or a random classic Rich Vos or Patrice Oneal clip when I tune in late nights or the time filler weekend slots.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Untagged posted:

I'd almost prefer they fill time on the channel like another radio show --that shall not be named-- by playing random "best ofs" from years ago. It would be awesome to hear a Homeless Shopping Spree or a random classic Rich Vos or Patrice Oneal clip when I tune in late nights or the time filler weekend slots.
I would imagine that's probably what will happen, considering they have nothing else on the channel now.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

I would imagine that's probably what will happen, considering they have nothing else on the channel now.

A caller from Canada called in and said the same thing pretty much and they shot him down and called him an idiot. They think people want new content mainly because the old poo poo is just that, old poo poo. What they don't realize is there is a large number who would prefer to hear something else later in the day and actually listen to a 4 hour show and want more in their day.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
The only time I listen to O&A is stuff on Youtube, so the good stuff is separated from "I hate liberals/poors/niggers/the bosses." Now that Ron and Fez are on Rawdog, I have no reason to put their channel on. Their alleged podcast is frequent old poo poo, and for good reason.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

T Fowl posted:

A caller from Canada called in and said the same thing pretty much and they shot him down and called him an idiot. They think people want new content mainly because the old poo poo is just that, old poo poo. What they don't realize is there is a large number who would prefer to hear something else later in the day and actually listen to a 4 hour show and want more in their day.

Jokes on them I guess. I exclusively listen to old O&A on youtube because their new stuff is terrible.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
Judging by what Tim Sabean did for about 7 years for the Stern show (nothing) I really doubt we'll get anything on O&A's channel. If they actually show some initiative maybe, but otherwise we're only getting reruns.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
What episode of on and Fez was it when Paul-O outed Fez for being a huge liar? That episode was great, Ronnie was in an especially silly mood.

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

ChristianDB posted:

What episode of on and Fez was it when Paul-O outed Fez for being a huge liar? That episode was great, Ronnie was in an especially silly mood.

This suggests 11/14/12, but there's no audio. :(

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

returnh posted:

This suggests 11/14/12, but there's no audio. :(

well that's cheese. At least I got the date, thank you.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

They watched a drink driving PSA from over here in Ireland on O&A today with a kid getting killed by a car coming through the hedge is his garden. That ad ran all day, every day on TV over here and was followed up with another ad where two teenagers were making out and a car plows into them and pins the girl against a wall between her dead boyfriend and the car that hit them. It ends with her weeping at his funeral with two hosed up legs.

Then there's was one of some young guys mother talking about how vibrant he was and how much he was enjoying his youth. Cut to the guy who's now a vegetable in a wheelchair being spoon fed like a baby after crashing his car when he was driving drunk.

Now they just run one of a emergency room doctor talking about how he goes about telling people that their loved ones died in a car accident and there was nothing that could be done.

Drink driving is a huge thing in this country still and it was weird hearing O&A watching the ad.

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
Anyone else tell just how stoned Opie was from like 20-30 minutes in?

calmed down after talking about popcorn peanuts and spine tingle noises

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I wonder how many calls the intern got with the munster joke.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Oh boy, Dr. Ian Smith in today. Hopefully he becomes a weekly guest again.

Tevryr posted:

Anyone else tell just how stoned Opie was from like 20-30 minutes in?

calmed down after talking about popcorn peanuts and spine tingle noises
On Tuesday or Wednesday's show? I heard him talking on Tuesday about how he's still "thinking about" weed again, so the same thing he's been saying since 2002.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Cromulent posted:

On Tuesday or Wednesday's show? I heard him talking on Tuesday about how he's still "thinking about" weed again, so the same thing he's been saying since 2002.

He mentioned last week that he smoked pot again with Troy Quan at a Pearl Jam show, so he's been talking about pot a lot more as of late.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Hopefully Opie starts hanging out with Pep.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Some great Jimmy animal rants on the podcast. Him calling the entire ocean a oval office and saying that fish are 'worthless, edible monsters' loving destroys me.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Lovechop posted:

Some great Jimmy animal rants on the podcast. Him calling the entire ocean a oval office and saying that fish are 'worthless, edible monsters' loving destroys me.

Who the gently caress edits that thing? The intros and poo poo are loud as gently caress and all the show audio is quiet. I end up turning up the volume to hear the clip and get the poo poo scared out of me by that goofy rear end stinger in between bits. I bet it's stupid Sal, Master of ProTools.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Cromulent posted:

Oh boy, Dr. Ian Smith in today

Roland weights 336 pounds and Erock is 240ish 0_o

Crazy stuff. Both these guys are going to die in their 50's if they're lucky.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

spudsbuckley posted:

Roland weights 336 pounds and Erock is 240ish 0_o

Crazy stuff. Both these guys are going to die in their 50's if they're lucky.

You'd think with these fat friends of theirs dying young they'd take a hint. Bawby too.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Unscreened calls are the best.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

AndrewP posted:

Unscreened calls? More like Uncleaned Balls!

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

AndrewP posted:

"One year for christmas my friend gave me framed matches and I gave him a three year long awkward silence" should be thread title

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Oh is there another unscreened caller show?! Yes!

One of my favorite retorts was

Ron: Unscreen caller, you're on the air!
Caller: You're on the air...

Because it actually got a laugh from Ron, which is rare for a caller to do without stupid shock value.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Ron and Fez was so loving awesome today; I want all their shows to be like today's.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
This caller Rob is so angry.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

livingfruitvirus posted:

This caller Rob is so angry.
HOW ANGRY IS HE?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I didn't even hear a 'Rob' :confused:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

eightysixed posted:

Didja maybe hear a steal or sumthin? tss

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Morter posted:

Oh is there another unscreened caller show?! Yes!

One of my favorite retorts was

Ron: Unscreen caller, you're on the air!
Caller: You're on the air...

Because it actually got a laugh from Ron, which is rare for a caller to do without stupid shock value.

Is this show archived anywhere?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Sankis posted:

Is this show archived anywhere?

I don't see it but for what it's worth, This Video seems to imply it was on April 9th 2012? :shrug:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Morter posted:

I don't see it but for what it's worth, This Video seems to imply it was on April 9th 2012? :shrug:

Yesterday's show had no screener either. It was at least their fourth unscreened calls show.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Fourth? I only remember 3. The one I mentioned, which was the first, then the one from December, and then the most recent one.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Ron really sounded like a cunty bitch today.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

JFC posted:

What happened? I haven't grabbed it from Audible yet.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

eightysixed posted:

I meant Rick. Oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

JFC posted:

I think he took out a contract on Fez over the break and the dude chickened out on him.

• Locked thread