Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Xeromatter posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAdtkSjSps

I don't know if it's been posted, but this just SCREAMS awkward and ugly.
I've always been kind of a gothy, nerdy kid… However, I can't really figure out what is happening here.

I think they are playing Pong.

ninja edit: Also, terrible cybergoth music. You have been warned.

Reminds me of this video of goths dancing under a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6203oIRC0I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Abbeh posted:

There's a Brony documentary on Netflix right now. :catstare:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
It's called "Bronies".

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Journalists are supposed to confront evil as well.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!
I like how trolling is :airquote:illegal:airquote:. Where's the internet police when you need them? :bahgawd:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I made it about halfway through, and it made me sympathize with them a little bit. It's really just Autism: The Documentary. It's kinda boring, honestly.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

gco posted:

I like how trolling is :airquote:illegal:airquote:. Where's the internet police when you need them? :bahgawd:

Purple Tinker, while little melodramatic, did generate enough hate to get a brony rapper to preform a song about raping and murdering her during one of those brony-cons.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Abbeh posted:

I loved the top-rated review:

"[...]In the place of incisive psychological commentary that might've explored, say, paraphilia or gender identity in more depth and historical context, we get extraordinarily light, pith observations about how gentle, caring, compassionate and subversive the Bronies are. These are good values and its interesting to think a substantial number of young men are prioritizing them in their social networks. Yet the question is never asked - why, of all the manifold ways in which these values might find expression, should it be an exorbitantly shallow, consumerist television show that binds them together?"

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

karl fungus posted:

Can you imagine how silicone lady is going to look in twenty years?

Well, there is that set of pictures of that old wealthy lady at the beach where she looks like a dessicated living mummy with a pair of softballs glued on because her breast implants stand out so much.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

sforzacio posted:

Journalists are supposed to confront evil as well.

We are confronted by evil every time this thread receives fresh content.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
For some reason china is using an MLP character to welcome in their new year; year of the horse

I guess I can't put it by China to just rip off something else but this? :negative:

Dilbert As FUCK has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Jan 13, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Xeromatter posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAdtkSjSps

ninja edit: Also, terrible cybergoth music. You have been warned.
Lettuce play pong.

Xeromatter
Dec 2, 2008

Cogito, ergo doleo

Ghostlight posted:

Lettuce play pong.

You know, I posted this as sort of a knee jerk response to what I once considered my 'clique' has become…
I would watch this on infinite loop over tumbling down the hole those loving botfly videos led me into. I still feel itchy.
:barf:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Abbeh posted:

I feel like knowing this is pushing more valuable knowledge out of my head, but having strong opinions about Purple Tinker is pretty much cruise control for trolling bronies, like even saying "bronies who are mean to her are bullies" will cause a giant shitstorm if there's bronies around.

Unless I'm thinking about another transgender woman who helped found a brony convention and gets a ton of poo poo about it online from (jealous?) bronies. Which I think I actually might be.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

karl fungus posted:

Yes, they are real. Did a Google image search and got this, among other things:

Also gave me some video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMGSIqtBWVs (probably :nms: or :nws:)

Serbian?

Yes, I believe this is a serbian film.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Noooooooooooo!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

DekeThornton posted:

Noooooooooooo!

Alternate universe Obama sucks.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Oh god it's like the loving lotus nipple except real :barf:

I really, really need to go drink heavily now to get that out of my head.

From a while back but:

gco posted:

Have some dudes (:confused:) dressed up like Sonic the Hedgehog characters dancing to modern rap music:

http://www.cringechannel.com/2014/01/11/video-hip-hop-sonic/

My favorite part of this is that the dancers look like professional dancers to me. Someone paid them to do this. How could anyone look at the idea for this and go 'yep, gonna throw money at that.'

Magres has a new favorite as of 10:06 on Jan 13, 2014

Falls Motel
May 2, 2009

N. Senada posted:

haha what the gently caress is this

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

N. Senada posted:

Looks more like a young OJ to me.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Looks more like a young OJ to me.

It's John Dodson, the world's second best midget wrestleboxer and gigantic nerd.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Magres posted:

My favorite part of this is that the dancers look like professional dancers to me. Someone paid them to do this. How could anyone look at the idea for this and go 'yep, gonna throw money at that.'

Now, this may be the marketer in me talking, but I'd say it's all in the pitch.

"So, remember how the eighties were a time of peace and happiness, and how Sonic taught us the values of friendship and...uh...healthy outdoor exercise?. Well we want to contrast that with the rap music that kids these days listen to, which is not friendly and innocent (like the eighties). It's basically the most profound art ever."

And then you sit back and rake in sweet, sweet art council grants.

STONE OF MADNESS
Dec 28, 2012

PVTREFACTIO

there is no god

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Maybe it's because I'd already heard of the horrible things (saw a video about one parasitising a human in school) but that botfly video was really satsifying. Gross, sure, but satisfying.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

:nws:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhtgYzTCPU8:nws:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Dabir posted:

Maybe it's because I'd already heard of the horrible things (saw a video about one parasitising a human in school) but that botfly video was really satsifying. Gross, sure, but satisfying.

It's like those POV videos of doctors removing impacted earwax. Or this poo poo, which I'm not even embedding it's so gross, yet oddly satisfying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwS0tOIhodw

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

STONE OF MADNESS
Dec 28, 2012

PVTREFACTIO
:nws: :nws:

Swiss Cheese Pervert posted:

I started to compare girls to cheese due to their milky complections [sic], girls are soft, smooth feeling and tend to like dairy products more. That and typical advertising, always using a girl to advertise dairy products. So cheese is what I started to use as a replacement for having sex with girls.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/12/swiss-cheese-pervert_n_4585399.html

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Looks like somebody's tried Not Giving a gently caress.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

DekeThornton posted:

It's John Dodson, the world's second best midget wrestleboxer and gigantic nerd.

Nooooooo :(

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

EmmyOk posted:

46, jesus christ. The poor monkey, his neck was like a cheese grater :smith:

gently caress I knew exactly what video this was when you said that. Ugh, gently caress, I posted this in the freaky/creepy thread.

Makes my skin crawl. Unironically support the extinction of these fuckers.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

For some reason china is using an MLP character to welcome in their new year; year of the horse

I guess I can't put it by China to just rip off something else but this? :negative:
I've seen a lot of these and apparently Chinese illustrators are really lazy and just google image search and photoshop.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Samurai Quack posted:

gently caress I knew exactly what video this was when you said that. Ugh, gently caress, I posted this in the freaky/creepy thread.

Makes my skin crawl. Unironically support the extinction of these fuckers.

The insects or the howling monkeys? Not the howling monkeys, they like to throw poop at people.:smith:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I know an entomologist who got one of those botfly larve on his back in Costa Rica.

When he discovered it, he wanted to let it hatch and collect the fly, but his wife wouldn't let him do that.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
This is a real ad on casio's website at this very moment:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Desperado Bones posted:

The insects or the howling monkeys? Not the howling monkeys, they like to throw poop at people.:smith:

The ones that killed that awesome monkey. Botflies are the most terrifying loving things ever, ugh.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

nerdz posted:

This is a real ad on casio's website at this very moment:

There is no watch more deserving of the title of dadwatch.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

axolotl farmer posted:

I know an entomologist who got one of those botfly larve on his back in Costa Rica.

When he discovered it, he wanted to let it hatch and collect the fly, but his wife wouldn't let him do that.

Pathobiologist Tony Goldberg discovered a new species of tick hitching a ride in his nostril.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Pathobiologist Tony Goldberg discovered a new species of tick hitching a ride in his nostril.

Insect people = most awkward or awesome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

DekeThornton posted:

Noooooooooooo!

• Locked thread