Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

maxnmona posted:

I think that's it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Are we allowed to know anything about the tiered heavens and hierarchy of angles yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Condos! :swoon:

Also are we marking off March for special events, or just tearing it out of the calender completely? I need to know if I'm having a birthday or not this year.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

AstroZamboni posted:

Are we allowed to know anything about the tiered heavens and hierarchy of angles yet?

Acute is less than right is less than obtuse, duh. Just don't ask about where circles fall into things :ssh:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wandering Knitter posted:

Condos! :swoon:

Also are we marking off March for special events, or just tearing it out of the calender completely? I need to know if I'm having a birthday or not this year.

March does not exist. March never existed. The month you call March has always been Strexcorp Synernists Inc. Brand Month.

Strextember!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
When will the NYC live episode from October be released?

Keeping secrets is growing increasingly difficult.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Fink, you're making me mark off an awful lot of time on my calendar. This would be inconvenient if time existed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I loved Cecil's delivery of "John Peters...you know, the impostor?"

That and the text Cecil almost sent. :3:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Also for you game nerds, the Role Playing Public Radio podcast's latest episode is about the Night Vale games' club board game night.

quote:

In this special one shot, we try out a new indie RPG called Itras By, but instead of using its setting, we explore the wonderful little desert town of Night Vale! A group of students at the local Community College are members of the Traditional Games club and tonight happens to be board game night! Unfortunately, some of the game pieces from the club’s accursed copy of Chiromagica are missing, so the players must retrieve them from the abandoned Geology building. What possible horrors could confront them there? Plastic bags, perhaps? An unspeakable presence that lurks out of sight, eternally hungry? The Library of books discarded from other libraries? Difficult test questions? Obscure holy texts? There’s only one way to find out…

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

CaptainPsyko posted:

When will the NYC live episode from October be released?

Keeping secrets is growing increasingly difficult.

I've said before that the ideal way to release it is to sell it encypted or otherwise password-locked on a CD/DVD ROM and/or downloadable archive and make people play though a self-contained all-on-disc ARG (alternate reality game) to unlock it. Maybe make players unlock it in seperately listenable pieces and only let them have the whole version at the end - or never, and bundle Audacity on/in the disc/archive (along with instructions about how to at least get that MP3 encoder) so people can stitch it together themselves. This would be unacceptable for anything other than Night Vale.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 8, 2014

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Here's this. Also we added an LA Friday late show.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Wow, good thing I happened to check my bookmarks or I would have never known the thread got moved.

Also, I'd like to apologize for my excessively fan-girlish behavior earlier in the thread. Sometimes when I really like something I tend to get a bit overzealous. I'd like to start over.

Hello. I rather enjoy your program.

Also: Oranjuice.

Sex Robot posted:

Still really loving this podcast but I'm starting to get a little creeped out by the rabid nature of the fandom drifting in from tumblr and the like.

I mean in the end you guys deserve every listener you get, but some of those guys are pure creepy/batshit insane.
Yeah, mostly I just don't want to be lumped in with those people.
And I'm pretty sure I annoyed him earlier.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 15, 2014

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

Action Yak Police posted:

Wow, good thing I happened to check my bookmarks or I would have never known the thread got moved.

Also, I'd like to apologize for my excessively fan-girlish behavior earlier in the thread. Sometimes when I really like something I tend to get a bit overzealous. I'd like to start over.

Hello. I rather enjoy your program.

Also: Oranjuice.

I would like to apologize too but I would also like to stipulate that I will probably just continue that behavior.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Also for you game nerds, the Role Playing Public Radio podcast's latest episode is about the Night Vale games' club board game night.

Hooray for referrer links or I would have never known about this thread. :) I ran the game. My friends and I are all fans of Night Vale and I thought it would make for a good RPG setting. If you click on the link, there's a ~10 minute NV-themed podcast we did as a bonus to the actual play. It's a call in advice radio show for the Community radio station. I've seen tons of great fan art for Night Vale, so I figured why not a fan podcast?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Still really loving this podcast but I'm starting to get a little creeped out by the rabid nature of the fandom drifting in from tumblr and the like.

I mean in the end you guys deserve every listener you get, but some of those guys are pure creepy/batshit insane.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Sex Robot posted:

Fandom is, has been and will continue to be lousy with people who take way too much stock in their mental fantasies.

At this point I view it as a natural consequence of popularity, and with social media giving a voice to fandom we're bound to see more of it.

As long as it just stays creepy and doesn't hurt the producer or product, then it's easy enough to ignore.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
Thanks to both the Night Vale show and Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind, I have 5 author signatures from the Unfinished Works of HP Lovecraft! Whether this is something of value remains questionable, as does my sanity. People looked genuinely surprised that I had the book and brought it to the show(s).

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

Sex Robot posted:

This makes me concerned for any local appearances and the likelihood of there being NO chance for tickets due to the crazies. :/

I will happily fangirl internally, thank you very much. :colbert:

I just...I love this drat show so much. But not "create situations for characters and discuss them at length the point of an angry argument on Tumblr" love.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

jazz babies posted:

This makes me concerned for any local appearances and the likelihood of there being NO chance for tickets due to the crazies. :/

I will happily fangirl internally, thank you very much. :colbert:

I just...I love this drat show so much. But not "create situations for characters and discuss them at length the point of an angry argument on Tumblr" love.

The crowds at our live shows are some of the best and most generous audiences any of us have worked with in years of making theater. We've had venues come up to us after and let us know that our audience was the politest and easiest they've ever dealt with.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

maxnmona posted:

The crowds at our live shows are some of the best and most generous audiences any of us have worked with in years of making theater. We've had venues come up to us after and let us know that our audience was the politest and easiest they've ever dealt with.

This makes me very happy to know. :)

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

So we just announced this on twitter:

Feb 28 - Boston

March 3 - Philly

March 4 - DC

March 5 - Durham

March 7 - Atlanta

March 10 - New Orleans

Many more March dates to come. See you soon, East coast, South, Texas and Midwest.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

maxnmona posted:

Feb 28 - Boston

March 3 - Philly

March 4 - DC

March 5 - Durham

March 7 - Atlanta

March 10 - New Orleans

Many more March dates to come. See you soon, East coast, South, Texas and Midwest.

Any possible plans for a Florida show?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Hummingbirds posted:

Any possible plans for a Florida show?

Not on this tour, no. Eventually, sure.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

I hope you come to Colorado eventually.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

See I'd always be terrified of that one night where that one girl shows up, she's wearing cat ears and really REALLY wants to show you her 'ship art.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
By midwest do you mean KS area or Ohio area?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

maxnmona posted:

Feb 28 - Boston

March 3 - Philly

March 4 - DC

March 5 - Durham

March 7 - Atlanta

March 10 - New Orleans

When do tickets go on sale? I really want to go to that DC show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Any possibility of Minnesota?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

maxnmona posted:

Please say Austin. I swear I will buy two tickets if there's an Austin showing.

Me, and probably all the other Austin goons.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

Toronto? Oh Glow Cloud, please Toronto...

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Cecil has become self aware about the format of the show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

J.A.B.C. posted:

Please say Austin. I swear I will buy two tickets if there's an Austin showing.

Me, and probably all the other Austin goons.

No, Houston, Austin gets all the fun :argh:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

No, Houston, Austin gets all the fun :argh:

How about we just split it at College Station?

Because my 1SG might get mad if I hosed off from work to make a showing in Houston. Unless it's a weekend.

Lexical Unit
Sep 16, 2003

Concrete jungle, conservative wasteland, or Austin. The choice is clear!

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I saw mention of a Dallas date somewhere and I'm holding out a lot of hope for that. :ohdear:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Likely Texas cities are Houston, San Antonio/Austin, Dallas, but it all depends on securing theaters.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not saying Austin's theaters are all full of poisonous snakes, but I'm just saying Houston theaters are 100% poisonous snake free.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm not saying Austin's theaters are all full of poisonous snakes, but I'm just saying Houston theaters are 100% poisonous snake free.

I live near Houston and you and I both know that you can't guarantee that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

I live near Houston and you and I both know that you can't guarantee that.

Alright 75%.

Also holy poo poo today's episode was good. I love when they just go full surreal.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Yeah, I felt like I was on some serious drugs by the end of the episode. What the gently caress, yo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Yeah, it was my favourite episode for some time.