Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Now I'm just imagining him getting offended by Hawaii Five-0/O.
fake edit: drat it, I can't find that black and white picture of a guy with a RAP T-shirt on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

York_M_Chan posted:

Apparently he only listens to Rap Music from 1980-1995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHfMsTvtaCw

Only '90s kids will get this

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Jesus christ that's annoying. Also I was a 90s gamer kid and it seemed like it was mostly about the SNES vs. Genesis for the most part, rather than N64.

:goonsay:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
To be fair, pictures of morbidly obese children on McDonald's packaging would be fuckin' great.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

https://twitter.com/DoobiesDogHouse/status/423519149604999168

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

did he ever get that fume hood

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Brocktoon posted:

kids staring at electronic devices constantly

I was gonna poke fun at how old you sound here ("Those darn kids and their phones!"), but I'm 24 and a huge tech nerd and I kinda get irked by my sister letting her daughter play games on her phone all the time. I try to give her toys like dolls and legos and poo poo, which she seems to like a lot, whenever I get her gifts. drat, I feel old.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

So... the commandments are SO IMPORTANT that they would break a commandment to enforce their display? How does one's brain not explode from the hypocrisy in that? That's like saying "All fetuses have the right to live, and I would gladly kill a fetus to enforce this!" Just wow.

Edit: I now realize that complaining about fundamentalists and hypocrisy is shooting fish in a barrel, and that the real nuttiness comes from suggesting the owner would shoot someone for even asking to take it down (which the owner is under no obligation to do).

I'm the idiot. At least I caught myself before taking my case to social media.

Drunk Nerds has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Jan 15, 2014

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

From a page back...
I'm sure if eagles could talk, they would express their deepest sympathies for the occasional loss of the unborn offspring of a species that vastly outnumbers them and had a habit of destroying their homes and nests.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Neurion posted:

From a page back...

I'm sure if eagles could talk, they would express their deepest sympathies for the occasional loss of the unborn offspring of a species that vastly outnumbers them and had a habit of destroying their homes and nests.

That's not the focus of that image though; no one gives a poo poo about the eagles' feelings. A better response would be:

*kid is aborted* "MUH TAX DOLLARS!"
*kid is born* "WHY ARE THOSE WELFARE LEECHES HAVING SO MANY KIDS!? MUH TAX DOLLARS!"

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

Eulogistics posted:

That's not the focus of that image though; no one gives a poo poo about the eagles' feelings. A better response would be:

*kid is born* "WHY ARE THOSE WELFARE LEECHES HAVING SO MANY KIDS!? MUH TAX DOLLARS!"

And then we get lunatics who question why they're not allowed to just kill poor people.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012
So, during the performance of a Peter Pan musical in Glasgow, the actor playing the titular character interrupted the show to propose marriage to the actress playing Wendy.

It was magical and beautiful and of course the special snowflakes at the Gawker comment section hated it:

my immersion! :argh:

e: best part is that you can hear the audience cheering and applauding, but yeah, those jerks with lives outside their jobs totally ruined the show.

DoctorPresident has a new favorite as of 22:40 on Jan 15, 2014

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

DoctorPresident posted:

So, during the performance of a Peter Pan musical in Glasgow, the actor playing the titular character interrupted the show to propose marriage to the actress playing Wendy.

It was magical and beautiful and of course the special snowflakes at the Gawker comment section hated it:

e: best part is that you can hear the audience cheering and applauding, but yeah, those jerks with lives outside their jobs totally ruined the show.

Sorry, but I have to agree with them. If I payed money to see a play, I'd be pretty miffed if that happened. You have to figured the entire rest of the show is going to be lovely, the two leads aren't going to be even slightly in character. It's really unproffesional.

AircraftNoise
May 9, 2008

DoctorPresident posted:

This is lame. The people paid for a production. Imagine how uncomfortable everyone would have been if she said no.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Brocktoon posted:

They're squirmy, often loud, demanding the phone/tablet and will usually eat nothing but chicken fingers or mac and cheese (and god help you if the mac and cheese is something other than Kraft).
Christmas dinner with my girlfriend's family there were about six kids and every parent around the table gave their kid a phone to watch a movie on (without headphones, too :argh:) as naturally as they sat down to eat. I was stuck somewhere between complete disbelief and "well poo poo I get bored too, if I'd known it was socially acceptable I'd have brought my PSP."

They're the kind of people who actually encourage the kids to run around and scream, too, though to their credit, we were in a separate room and when the kids entered the common area they got called back right quick. But still. Trying to have dinner here, folks.

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Jan 15, 2014

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

AircraftNoise posted:

Imagine how uncomfortable everyone would have been if she said no.

But it didn't happen. I don't know, maybe it's because I don't find it bothersome and because it was a Peter Pan musical. It's okay if you do.

Also what My Lovely Horse said.

DoctorPresident has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Jan 15, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Sorry, but I have to agree with them. If I payed money to see a play, I'd be pretty miffed if that happened. You have to figured the entire rest of the show is going to be lovely, the two leads aren't going to be even slightly in character. It's really unproffesional.
I agree, but apparently he actually did do it at the curtain call or at least during the last song. That strikes me as fair enough, really. Would have been twice as awkward if she had said no, though.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Neurion posted:

From a page back...

Yeah they conveniently ignore the part where eagles were actually heading towards extinction until the laws were enacted, while to my knowledge humans won't go extinct because of abortions. :v:

Eulogistics posted:

In the end it's not so much about the sanctity of life as it is about punishing women. Because in their mind women shouldn't be having sex for pleasure without consequences, then if you do get pregnant "Well should have kept your legs closed WELFARE QUEEN you're not getting any of my money. :smug: "

Same reason they cry about tax dollars if any of it is spent funding sex ed or low-income birth control. Because sex is bad and only bad people like it, so they need to be punished.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

I agree, but apparently he actually did do it at the curtain call or at least during the last song. That strikes me as fair enough, really. Would have been twice as awkward if she had said no, though.

I think curtain call would have been fine, but DoctorPresident says he "interrupted" the show, and one of the posts int he image says he should have done it at curtain call, implying it was for realsies, in the middle of the show.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I think the fact that fun marriage proposals get millions of views on YouTube an indication that the majority of people there were impressed. At a job I did recently we had a Skyping Santa for kids to talk to, and there were 4 proposals there. No one complained about these assholes taking up kids' time with Santa, and each one made local news.

Plus listen to the cheers from the audience. A lot of them were thrilled to be part of a special moment. Peter Pan and Wendy are getting married!

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Kimmalah posted:

Jesus christ that's annoying. Also I was a 90s gamer kid and it seemed like it was mostly about the SNES vs. Genesis for the most part, rather than N64.

:goonsay:

Uh I think that video is poking fun at the whole "90s kids!!" thing, not an actual example of it

Nikaer Drekin has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Jan 15, 2014

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

My Lovely Horse posted:

The thing that always gets me about these kinds of proposals is that it seems the proposer is forcing the proposee to say 'yes'. Since they risk public humiliation if they say no. There was a clip I watched where at a sports even the girl said no and she had to run out of the entire stadium while being booed. It just reminds me of the episode of It's always Sunny in Philadelphia where the dude is telling people how great it is to have a boat because 'the implication' they have to say yes, because of 'the implication'.

I do assume that most people agree to the proposal before the dude actually asks the question. But super public proposals still skeeve me out.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I think curtain call would have been fine, but DoctorPresident says he "interrupted" the show, and one of the posts int he image says he should have done it at curtain call, implying it was for realsies, in the middle of the show.
Okay, but it wasn't. During the last song, at the end, sources differ, but it's not like he proposed to her instead of saving Tinkerbell.

I mean during the last song is still pretty drat unprofessional but if you really feel you have to do it during the performance there's a lot worse spots. I'm pretty sure there's a bit where Wendy straight up asks Peter Pan how he feels about her and doing it then would have been both really sweet and holy poo poo there goes the evening and his stage career.

Lap-Lem posted:

The thing that always gets me about these kinds of proposals is that it seems the proposer is forcing the proposee to say 'yes'.
Gotta wonder what his plan B was. "Oh... well. Let's finish the song I guess. Sorry everyone!"

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Uh I think that video is poking fun at the whole "90s kids!!" thing, not an actual example of it

Uh yeah I know.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

My Lovely Horse posted:

I mean during the last song is still pretty drat unprofessional but if you really feel you have to do it during the performance there's a lot worse spots. I'm pretty sure there's a bit where Wendy straight up asks Peter Pan how he feels about her and doing it then would have been both really sweet and holy poo poo there goes the evening and his stage career.

On the other hand he probably cleared it with the company head beforehand. I mean, what kind of ticket sales was the Glasgow production of a Peter Pan musical getting before someone did something to blow it up on YouTube? I imagine whoever is in charge felt like the exposure would only help their sales.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Man, he really missed a golden opprtunity, though.

"Tinkerbell drank poison! She's dieing! So, ah... Wendy..."

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

York_M_Chan posted:

Shared by a former boss...

Did I miss the trend of kids blowing up dogs with dynamite? I'd call it Foghorning.

I tend to think it is my old boss' generation that thinks kids are going to do this at home, not that we they actually would, not to mention they are just trying to avoid a lawsuit. Something the LAWYER who posted this should understand.

48,614 shares!

Edit: Who am I kidding? I'm not a kid anymore.

Isn't the whole reason they have to add these disclaimers is that people did exactly this dumb poo poo?

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Irradiation posted:

Isn't the whole reason they have to add these disclaimers is that people did exactly this dumb poo poo?

No but you see, that was a generation of MORONS from the 80s and 90s. Certainly not all the kids that died locking themselves in refrigerators in the 50s, or drinking bleach, or other old timey ways of dying.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

Grraarrgghh posted:

No but you see, that was a generation of MORONS from the 80s and 90s. Certainly not all the kids that died locking themselves in refrigerators in the 50s, or drinking bleach, or other old timey ways of dying.

Don't forget all those old timey geniuses who would cram every orifice of their body with radioactive materials.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu

Lap-Lem posted:

The thing that always gets me about these kinds of proposals is that it seems the proposer is forcing the proposee to say 'yes'. Since they risk public humiliation if they say no. There was a clip I watched where at a sports even the girl said no and she had to run out of the entire stadium while being booed. It just reminds me of the episode of It's always Sunny in Philadelphia where the dude is telling people how great it is to have a boat because 'the implication' they have to say yes, because of 'the implication'.

I do assume that most people agree to the proposal before the dude actually asks the question. But super public proposals still skeeve me out.
I'm with you on this (unless marriage has been discussed by both parties beforehand and the proposal is just making it official). Spectators want to see a "yes," but they don't really know anything about the couple's relationship. Wasn't there one failed public proposal where it turned out they'd only been on a few dates prior to that? Or was that one staged for awkwardness?

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'll squawk the world and molt with you
Facebook has been extra pro-life lately. Someone shared this story of some lady going all Santorum on her miscarried fetus. I'm just posting the link because it's pretty :barf:

http://cultureshift.tumblr.com/post/54505134725/meet-walter-joshua-fretz-a-human-being

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

modernwinglish posted:

Facebook has been extra pro-life lately. Someone shared this story of some lady going all Santorum on her miscarried fetus. I'm just posting the link because it's pretty :barf:

http://cultureshift.tumblr.com/post/54505134725/meet-walter-joshua-fretz-a-human-being

Wow, I honestly kind of felt a little queasy looking at that. But then I'm one of those pro-choice monsters. :v:

This stuff isn't really new though, miscarried baby pictures are pretty par for the course online.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

modernwinglish posted:

Was that supposed to make me pro-life? 'Cause before I was in favor of abortion rights because a person's body is their own business and no one elses but now I'm in favor of abortion because holy poo poo who would ever want that nasty little thing inside them?!

I know it's blatantly unrealistic but let me keep my magical hollywood version of childbirth where it's just "Push, push!" And then a slightly damp infant pops out.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Brocktoon posted:

I debated posting this, because I wasn't sure it was "thick enough", but after looking this morning and seeing just how much my sister-in-law wrote on a topic the initial post wasn't even about, I figured it would entertain.

I'm sure by now you've all heard about the story at Alinea in Chicago and the fact that they are considering banning children after an incident over the weekend with a crying infant. My Brother and Sister-in-Law (Al Toesacks and Sam Owen) used to live in Chicago, and ate at a lot of fancy places, so my wife (Zack Lee) just innocently asked if they had been there and what it was like, not looking in the least to start a conversation about kids in restaurants.

My OTHER Sister-in-Law (Beau Tie), however (on my wife's side) decides to immediately start taking offense and getting psycho about things no one is saying and situations that are not happening to her.

Beau Tie is bananas on FB. As you can see she posted almost twice as many comments about a subject no one wanted to talk about than all the other commenters combined. (I counted the other day, and between links and status updates, she made 22 wall posts between 8am and noon, not even counting comments.)

Are her kids little assholes or something? She seems to be taking this personally.
Edit: Sorry, you kind of answered me.

Brocktoon posted:

I find her constant assurances that her kids would behave in a place like that hilarious, because we go out to dinner with them just about every weekend, and I absolutely adore my niece and nephew, but they're certainly no angels, which is mainly a result of the parent's complete lack of discipline with them. They're squirmy, often loud, demanding the phone/tablet and will usually eat nothing but chicken fingers or mac and cheese (and god help you if the mac and cheese is something other than Kraft). I mean, that's fine, they're kids and we never go anywhere fancy, but they wouldn't last 5 minutes in a place like Alinea without the entire restaurant wanting to murder them.

Bored has a new favorite as of 07:30 on Jan 16, 2014

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Bored posted:

Are her kids little assholes or something? She seems to be taking this personally.

Sounds like over the years her circle of friends has slowly shrunk. Fewer and fewer people invite her and her husband out to dinner and parties every year. She finds her number of facebook friends slowly decreasing. She pretends she doesn't know why that is but deep inside she knows. Oh, she knows.

I'm not saying people don't like hanging out with folks who have kids. But she sounds like one of these people who just can't shut up about "TOMMY LEARNING HIS ABCs TODAY!", "ANNIE making GBS threads ALL OVER THE WALLPAPER", "THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD", "LOOK AT THIS PIC OF MY UGLY KID" and "OH I CAN ONLY STAY FOR 15 MINUTES I DONT TRUST MY BABYSITTER WITH WIPING TOMMY'S rear end CAN WE MAKE YOUR BIRTHDAY/ENGAGEMENT/WEDDING/RANDOM CELEBRATION ALL ABOUT ME AND TOAST ALREADY SO I CAN GET HOME PLEASEEE."

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

loving hell, dude. You got some strange fantasies.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

mng posted:

loving hell, dude. You got some strange fantasies.

Your friends haven't started having kids have they?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

Your friends haven't started having kids have they?

Most of my family and some friends have kids, and they're not crazy about it, oddly enough. But the internet friends I have are absolutely crazy about posting about pre- and post-delivery. But ignorance is bliss, and 'hide their poo poo' is a great Facebook option. I keep bad company, I guess.

ninja edit: not to the extent I replied to. So far!

VoilaIntruder
Aug 13, 2007
Voila Intruder, and he's brandishing two sticks.
I have a lot of friends like this, to the point that I'm concerned about how I accrued so many.

Fighting fire with fire.

Also, I've been enjoying seeing the numerous likes on The funnyman with jokes and laughing's more incomprehensible posts, because I know there's a pretty good chance at least some of those are from you all. I'm so glad we get to share in this lovely gift of jokes; also laughing. Like, I have no clue how to describe that sense of humor. I know being a non-native English speaker has to play some role, but.. I don't.. I mean, what is this? A joke? A riddle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Is he talking to someone who's blocked you? Otherwise :psyduck:

• Locked thread