Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don't care who the halfback is, Jarrod Mullen will be NSW 5/8 this year though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

bowmore posted:

$20 says he won't. But to make it fair, $20 says Reynolds makes the team.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Maloney has been the best eligible 5/8 for 2 full seasons so deserves a crack with a competent halfback before he's dumped.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Maloney is fine too, I just want Mullen to have another go is all.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

TAKE MY BETS BOWMORE

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

$20 says he won't. But to make it fair, $20 says Reynolds makes the team.

Mills posted:

TAKE MY BETS BOWMORE
Haha. NO.

I don't trust the selectors, the Knights get ignored enough as it is.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Hahah yes the knights are renowned for being ignored by selectors.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!
It's to do with their drug culture. :allears:

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Has anyone tried to ring gids?

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&....59026428,d.dGI

Abalone Malone fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 10, 2014

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

I still can't quite believe Chris Houston came out of that ok and in fact went on to become captain.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Smorgasbord posted:

I still can't quite believe Chris Houston came out of that ok and in fact went on to become captain.

I love my footy!

On the flipside, I can't believe Tavita Latu was deregistered, whereas Greg Bird and Greg Inglis are poster boys.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Smorgasbord posted:

Maloney has been the best eligible 5/8 for 2 full seasons so deserves a crack with a competent halfback before he's dumped.

Yeah, and it seemed pretty clear to me that Pearce was selected for Origin 2013 because of Maloney. Pearce is competent (at Premiership level :v:) but a better halfback would make Maloney more potent.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/andrew-johns-to-return-for-charity-match-at-the-auckland-nines-20140110-30mni.html

Newcastle's PR machine tries to divert attention by getting Andrew Johns playing in the Auckland Nines charity match.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!
Newcastle drug cheat Andrew Johns, from drug Newcastle, spreading drugs to a new generation to bring them to Newcastle so they can have more drugs at the club.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

It's possible to fit more drugs into Newcastle?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Johns wouldn't play 9s due to his neck injury.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

Only if the Knights have a road game that week.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

That's why the Knights are performing a vital community service by ingesting every drug they can get their hands on.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
More party drugs for us then

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

In very shocking news, the Knights have sacked Packer.

I'm shocked that it's taken this long.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Apparently the authorities wouldn't let him speak to anybody until Monday, they wanted to talk to him first and then sack him. Also they have to help look after his wife and kids.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Due process and all that. It was always going to be a formality. Good on the Knights for looking after his family, I don't think they were under any obligation to do so.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Russell Packer leaves the Knights with the unique distinction of being the biggest fuckwit at a club also featuring Darius Boyd.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Mills posted:

Russell Packer leaves the Knights with the unique distinction of being the biggest fuckwit at a club also featuring Darius Boyd.

Darius Boyd's not all bad. My sister's disabled and the broncos had some involvement with the day facility she goes to. Darius turned up there reasonably often and was really good with all the kids. Seems like a nice enough bloke outside of nightclubs and press conferences.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He had a rough childhood too apparently.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!
Also, the media likes the angle of all footy players are ratbag cunts who will glass their granny then snort their prescription meds while naked on a golf cart in the cbd at 9am.

Footy players visiting sick and disadvantaged kids, 60 word column underneath the horse and travel section.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BCR posted:

Also, the media likes the angle of all footy players are ratbag cunts who will glass their granny then snort their prescription meds while naked on a golf cart in the cbd at 9am.

Footy players visiting sick and disadvantaged kids, 60 word column underneath the horse and travel section.

To be fair, a lot of the players are only too happy to oblige with giving them material for the first kind of story...

It is poo poo, though. Much like in every facet of life, it's scandal that sells papers. That, and 5 page spreads on the Burgess clan.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Or a story about the Burgess brothers spreading something

ili
Jul 26, 2003

George can fill 5 pages by himself from what I hear.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ili posted:

George can fill 5 pages by himself from what I hear.
Yes he has a giant cock.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

Yes he has a giant cock.

IS. He is a giant cock.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've never met him so I wouldn't know.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I can quite clearly state with certainty from what I've seen on tv and in the paper that he is verifiably a giant cock. It is obvious if you can see the signs. If you want to know more, please sign up to read my blog where all of this is clearly revealed...

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

I can quite clearly state with certainty from what I've seen on tv and in the paper that he is verifiably a giant cock. It is obvious if you can see the signs. If you want to know more, please sign up to read my blog where all of this is clearly revealed...

Nrlargecocks.com.au

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
The NRL clubs are doing a local club visit for the Rugby 9's

The Bulldogs are coming to the park where I take the dog for a walk - I hope I meet some and become the subject of many puns!

The Dragons are going to Otara, I hope they have security.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Abalone Malone posted:

Nrlargecocks.com.au

philgould.com.au I thought.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jedimastafez posted:

The Bulldogs are coming to the park where I take the dog for a walk - I hope I meet some and become the subject of many puns!

The good news is your chance of being raped by the Dogs has reduced over the past decade. But not being assaulted. Or not - It's confusing in a quantum kind of way.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Newcastle Knights player posted:

It's not during the act, it's the way you treat them after it. Most of them could have been avoided if they had put them in a cab and said thanks or that sort of thing, not just kicked her out and called her a dirty whatever. It's how you treat them afterwards that can cover a lot of that sort of stuff up."

heladocasero
Jul 27, 2010
I hope Dugan manages to avoid being suspended for at least half the season. That would be nice. Maybe Widdop won't suck either, that might be stretching it a bit though. :smith: Here's to another season of mediocrity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

True romance

• Locked thread