Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:allears: Oh LazyB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Aw, how adorable. I love how he says he doesn't give a poo poo about SA, then proceeds to write a giant gently caress-off response to 29 individual posts from this very thread.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I wish I could keep up with LazyB's paste :smith:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

IQ (Inelegance)

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wrist Watch posted:

That sure was a cool thing to find on my FB feed. He included two of my posts in the montage, one of which wasn't really talking about the comic. :allears:

I had forgotten this comic existed until stumbling across that.

Welcome back! I hope you have a good time catching up! It is worth catching up. :allears:

I never get tired of Lazy-B's skewed perception of SA.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Vogon Poet posted:

Hopefully this thread can avoid any long discussions or arguments about that rant, but I had to highlight my favorite part (in response to someone talking about malapropisms in the comic):

That's incredible. Was he trying to give an example or did it just come out naturally? I really do find it to be a pretty clever malapropism and frankly his (mis)use of words is so... apt at times.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I didn't get quoted at all (I think). Looks like I'm a true fan. :dukedog:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

FadingChord posted:

True fan bros.
:downs::respek::downs:

Montage posted:

Post 25 (It's not good art certainly, as a whole, but there are these wacky spikes of crazy quality poking up here and there.)
Post 25 Lazerbot reply and break down Talking and insulting the art itself. its pretty obvious its meant to be taken offensively.
Lazy B. that wasn't an insult. He pretty much said your getting better.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

From this at least we can conclude two things:

1) He really does think his art/writing is the most awesome thing, and doesn't have any self-awareness about its insane crudity/crude insanity

2) Despite recent pages in which he correctly used the concept, he has no ability to detect or appreciate irony.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Or it's just a massive lark and this as much a persona as Colbert's is. Honestly a lot of the narration techniques and play on words seem to be coming from someone who has to be aware of what they're doing. It doesn't seem like sheer circumstance.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

To be fair, poor grammar is quite inelegant.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Just checking, would ANYONE know who Lazerbot is on the internet if it weren't for us taking an interest in him?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Or it's just a massive lark and this as much a persona as Colbert's is.

This would ruin everything tbh

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FadingChord posted:

Two of my posts were in there and neither of them were even that negative. I've been a legitimate TGT fan basically since I first found this thread. :(

I got served:

quote:

My previous point, you have be talking and talking about me for 414 pages, what i have done does not compare. so before saying something so dumb please shut it and stop being a walking contradiction, a walking hypocrite. to speak but to be afraid or shock to be spoken back to.

I'm a walking hypocrite.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Jackie D posted:

This would ruin everything tbh

Nah I feel like we've reached toblerone-triangular levels and it would still be cool if he was pulling a long con on us

eskimoform
Jun 22, 2013
Even if we are "trolling" him then by getting so worked up he is doing exactly what a troll would want. I really hope this is all some long con by him, because he clearly cannot handle being in the spotlight. I think if he were an actual celebrity he would have shot himself by now.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm at work, and Pastebin is blocked. I'm not hated, am I? :ohdear:

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Aramek posted:

I'm at work, and Pastebin is blocked. I'm not hated, am I? :ohdear:

Maybe not hated, but we've definitely just been served.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Someone please send this kid a wiki link to teach him what "unreliable narrator" is.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Vargo posted:

Someone please send this kid a wiki link to teach him what "unreliable narrator" is.

Somebody actually did post that to his facebook.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Or it's just a massive lark and this as much a persona as Colbert's is. Honestly a lot of the narration techniques and play on words seem to be coming from someone who has to be aware of what they're doing. It doesn't seem like sheer circumstance.

I really, really doubt it.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

rudecyrus posted:

I really, really doubt it.

Yea, I think what you see is what you get with Lazerbot and what we see is pretty crazy.

"Behold, I teach you the Lazerbot: he is this lightning, he is this madness" - Friedrich Nietzsche, Philosophy Troll.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Georgia Peach posted:

Maybe not hated, but we've definitely just been served.

Where's the FOS subforum?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Lazerbot, if you are reading this, on the behalf of the Something Awful forums, I apologize for our misdeeds.

-Administrator GulagDolls

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

horriblePencilist posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=214

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

^^also appropriate

CD

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lazerbot posted:

I see those fancy California boys think I am of low mind

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Posting in this thread so Lazerbot can make me famous (I never doubted you! You are the great!)

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Too bad LB doesn't realize that some of us are just here for the comic. I don't want to be associated with some sort of perceived goon hate group. Instead of that loving "montage" I could be reading the next chapter by now.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

GBS 1.0?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Just checking, would ANYONE know who Lazerbot is on the internet if it weren't for us taking an interest in him?

No… we have created him; and now we shall destroy him

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I laughed when he responded to the "we've reached toblerone-triangular levels" comment. I wonder what he thinks that is.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Personally I stopped caring about the comic a long time ago, I'm here for the idiot shitstorms Lazerbot kicks up.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Tails get Trolled is the Internet version of outsider art.

It's not quite so-bad-its-good, it's not camp, it's not high art. It just is. It is Tails gets Trolled.

And it's weirdly readable.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 17, 2014

Jingai Jigokumoto
Feb 8, 2013

by XyloJW

ZuljinRaynor posted:

My favorite part was when he got mad at "unreliable narration" and said it was an insult and supposed to be offensive when it is an actual, normal narrative technique and not some sort of negative criticism.

I was quoted in post 22! Too bad he interpreted it as an insult.

Post 22 (I think I made that up. All this poo poo kinda blurs together.)

Post 22 Lazerbot reply and break down Pretty much saying my comic is poo poo. lol should i go on?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It might be the most illustrative thing about his personality that he can read all our posts, not have the slightest idea what we're even talking about most of the time, and assume not that there are things he doesn't understand about the world and how people talk in it, but that we're all really a chorus trying to badmouth him and bring him down and everything he doesn't "get" is obviously just more trolling. It's like, we might drive ourselves crazy wondering whether he's a master of irony pulling a long con on us; but it never occurs to him to wonder whether we might be doing something more nuanced than it appears on the surface. That kind of supreme confidence must be so rewarding in a way most of us will never know.

Not that the word filter helps matters.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Hey isn't Lazerbot around the age where schizoid symptoms start to manifest?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

He should probably see a mental health professional.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Woebin posted:

He should probably see a mental health professional.

Troll spotted! Trying to be insulting and offensive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

He is just continuously responding to posts in this thread on his facebook. Hope the paywall goes up soon.

edit: yessssss he quoted me.

Breadallelogram fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 17, 2014