Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

They post that poo poo all the time and it passes without moderation. What makes this different? Are they worried other sites are going to call them out on it like the Malia/Sasha thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Lord Hydronium posted:

They post that poo poo all the time and it passes without moderation. What makes this different? Are they worried other sites are going to call them out on it like the Malia/Sasha thing?

The veil on the racism sign can only cover up so many BTUs worth of flood lights.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
So I spent a week and a half in Utila, an island off the coast of Honduras, recently. While we were there there was a significant tropical storm that wrecked a sailboat and destroyed half the dock at the dive center we were staying at. The woman who ran the dive center was pissed. Apparently people are supposed to bring their boats into the safety of the lagoon during storms but the owner of this boat didn't want to and as a result both the boat and dock were bashed into splinters.

Why do I bring this up? Because as I was taking pictures of the wreck I couldn't help but notice a single bumpersticker on the back of the boat that explained everything.

It said FREEP.

Talorat fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 16, 2014

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I wonder how much of Freep's hatred for Michelle Obama is their hatred of all "Amish" people and how much is the shame boners they get when they see her.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Erenthal posted:

Seeing comments removed is really mind-boggling, considering the kind of outrageously racist poo poo that constantly passes without comment. How much worse can it really get?

Second only to "always more, and it is always worse," is the zeno's paradox of racism for freep: they eternally inch towards open use of the word "friend of the family" without ever quite getting there.

Alter Ego posted:

I wonder how much of Freep's hatred for Michelle Obama is their hatred of all "Amish" people and how much is the shame boners they get when they see her.

I'd imagine a fair amount, probably a little less than those who despise her, and Barack, for their "uppity nature."

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Kansas middle school: poster listing sex acts part of 'Health and Science' curriculum

quote:

To: lowbridge
I find it sexually exciting to punch clueless public school administrators in the face

12 posted on 1/16/2014 2:58:28 PM by artichokegrower
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Anyone who is surprised by this has not been paying attention. The next step will be for sexual freedom advocates to present seminars in the classrooms suggesting that student explore their "other" sexuality. In other words, "Come with me, little boy. You might like it."
The people who are pushing this should be tarred and feathered...,as a start. Really.

14 posted on 1/16/2014 2:58:56 PM by Dr. Thorne ("How long, O Lord, holy and true?" - Rev. 6:10)

quote:

Funny. And just think they are going after the Catholic Church for some gay priests who committed “child abuse.”

17 posted on 1/16/2014 2:59:19 PM by PGR88
------------------
Allen West On Obama” He “Abjectly Despises” Whites...

quote:

To: Impala64ssa
“How long will it be before “you people” realize you have elevated someone to the office of president who abjectly despises you — not to mention his henchman Holder. Combined they are the most vile and disgusting racists”
I realized this in 2008 when I first became aware of Obama and began educating myself about him. To me this is obvious. I don't understand how so many white people can be so ignorant and naive. It is almost beyond my comprehension how they can not understand things that are so obvious.

4 posted on 1/16/2014 11:57:40 AM by detective

quote:

This is my clear and succinct message to white Americans. How long will it be before “you people” realize you have elevated someone to the office of president who abjectly despises you
Some of us do realize it, but we can't even express it or we'll be accused of "racism." WE'LL be the ones accused of racism, not Obama! We live in an upside-down world.

When Obama said that Trayvon could have been his son, a relative of mine, (who voted for and adored Obama,) was shocked and appalled!! She couldn't believe he would take sides like that! She was "soooo disappointed." I told her some of us were not in the least surprised, since Obama spent 20 years in Jeremiah Wright's church and had made other remarks and decisions that were pro-black and anti-white! The signs were all there. Many whites just chose to ignore them.

8 posted on 1/16/2014 12:00:01 PM by Nea Wood

quote:

Michelle is even worse..and it was her bud, Reverend Wrong, that united this “I Hate Whitey” team.

12 posted on 1/16/2014 12:07:02 PM by Sacajaweau

quote:

This is my clear and succinct message to white Americans. How long will it be before “you people” realize you have elevated someone to the office of president who abjectly despises you

With all due respect, Colonel West, some of us white people realized it all too clearly. But we were outnumbered by those of our co-pigmented fellows who felt that voting for the black guy would somehow absolve them of the racial sins of our ancestors -- as well as those who, for whatever reason, hate their own race.

I don't understand the whole White Liberal Guilt thing; but from what I've seen, it's alive and well, and way too many of my fellow pale-faces are afflicted with it.
23 posted on 1/16/2014 12:28:39 PM by bus man (Loose Lips Sink Ships)

quote:

Well...........duh! 99.9% of US Blacks abjectly hate whites. Where’s the news in that? Oh, well, I guess it is news to a majority of the largely clueless unthinking US white population.

29 posted on 1/16/2014 1:06:27 PM by Rich21IE

quote:

To: varyouga
I’m tired of being white and merely existing being seen as racist. So...who cares?

19 posted on 1/16/2014 12:19:02 PM by ogen hal (First amendment or reeducation camp)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ogen hal
You might start to care if the idiOt gets all the power he's been seeking.

Think localized South Africas all over the USA. Disarmed whites living behind walls. Surrounded by ferals who prey on the whites’ wealth, dignity and daughters. And if whites want to move, they have to give all their wealth to the ferals.

34 posted on 1/16/2014 2:35:29 PM by varyouga
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Putin promises no discrimination at Games

quote:

To: SoFloFreeper

Imagine that, Putin outraged a number of perverted degenerates by announcing that Russian children will not be available for the same-sex perverts to molest. Gee, what an outrage.

2 posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:44:08 AM by Neoliberalnot (Marxism works well only with the uneducated and the unarmed.)

quote:

Putin promises no discrimination at Games

Too bad.
3 posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:46:26 AM by Count of Monte Fisto (The foundation of modern society is the denial of reality.)

quote:

To: Count of Monte Fisto

Too bad, indeed.

While these gay athletes may be exempt from these Russian Pro Family laws, they will not be exempt from the Boos of the crowd and an American public who will not hope they win their Olympic competitions.

6 posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:50:32 AM by Oliviaforever
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

This will be the first all gay all the time olympics. I will not be watching a single minute.

13 posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:33:20 PM by Organic Panic

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Question: I had a run-in with the most racist person I think I've ever personally met last night. I was sitting at the bar of a Mexican restaurant I've been going to for like 14 years and waiting for my sister to join me for dinner. Could I post the story here or is personal stuff not really allowed? I'd like to share it with people but I don't want to break any rules or poo poo up or derail the thread.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

Question: I had a run-in with the most racist person I think I've ever personally met last night. I was sitting at the bar of a Mexican restaurant I've been going to for like 14 years and waiting for my sister to join me for dinner. Could I post the story here or is personal stuff not really allowed? I'd like to share it with people but I don't want to break any rules or poo poo up or derail the thread.

Sure, why not? We don't often see FReepers live in the field.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Well, other than at Olive Garden, that is.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Elephant Ambush posted:

Just take out any identifying information if you want to be extra safe.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Zeroisanumber posted:

I was gonna make a post that a FReeper would never deign to go to a restaurant that served Mexican food because of all their disdain, but then I realized that a FReeper would be the kind of rear end in a top hat to poo poo on Mexican/Hispanic people and culture. Yet they'll eat their food and not think twice.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 16, 2014

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

DemeaninDemon posted:

Just take out any identifying information if you want to be extra safe.

There isn't any in there. I typed it up but now I'm worried that it's too detailed in terms of what was said. It's also kind of long. I'm also worried that it'll come across as one of those stdh.txt stories where everyone got up and clapped at the end, even though I intentionally tried to avoid doing that. It's not really self-congratulatory at all but I'm sure some dumb shitheel will come in here and accuse me of it so I'm not sure I want to post it. Maybe I'll sleep on it.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Elephant Ambush posted:

There isn't any in there. I typed it up but now I'm worried that it's too detailed in terms of what was said. It's also kind of long. I'm also worried that it'll come across as one of those stdh.txt stories where everyone got up and clapped at the end, even though I intentionally tried to avoid doing that. It's not really self-congratulatory at all but I'm sure some dumb shitheel will come in here and accuse me of it so I'm not sure I want to post it. Maybe I'll sleep on it.

Well, now you've built it up. Probably didn't happen.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Elephant Ambush posted:

Just post it already, you goof.

You have gone out of your way not to be a shitposter (which we appreciate) and now we all want to hear the story.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

:justpost:

Stop wringing your hands about it, or yeah, it's stdh.txt.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Just take out the part at the end where you grow up to be Albert Einstein.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well like I said, I was waiting at the bar while waiting for my sister to join me. I got my usual margarita and was small-talking with the bartender. The only other person at the bar was this older dude that I've seen there before. I've exchanged brief pleasantries with him before but nothing else. Apparently he works at or owns the barber shop next door to the restaurant and comes in for a drink after his shift sometimes.

There was some other white dude in a suit there who was just leaving. I guess some of the staff asked to take a picture with him and he was being cool and posing with them. I asked who he was and I was told by the bartender and the other guy at the bar that he's the superintendent for the Chicago Police. I live in the suburbs so I have no idea what he was doing out here but whatever. None of my business.

As the superintendent guy is leaving, the other guy at the bar says to him "Hey I just wanna say I'd love to slap some of those aldermen downtown that are always giving you a hard time." I roll my eyes to myself and just assume the guy's an idiot. Then he turns around and says to the bartender, loudly, "What I wanted to say was I'd love to slap some of those black aldermen downtown that are always giving you a hard time." I was pretty stunned by this but I tried to roll with it so I said, jokingly, "I'm glad you didn't say that."

Then he goes on because while he didn't seem drunk, he had apparently had enough to drink that it made him brave enough to just starting saying anything that came to his mind. He said something like "They're hassling him because he appointed a white chief police to a precinct in a black neighborhood." And then, loudly, he adds "And it's because he was the most qualified person for the job!" while poking the bar with his finger.

Then he says something like "So now all the black preachers down in that neighborhood are complaining that it should've been a black guy appointed there." So I politely say "Well I think they have a point there. If you're not black you don't really know how things are in those neighborhoods". This immediately made him upset. He responded with "Nah you don't know what you're talking about. My brother's a cop and he's been in those neighborhoods for years and he knows exactly how things are." So I said, "Yeah OK I understand that, but he didn't grow up black so he doesn't really have the full perspective." I just assumed his brother was not black. Again, he told me I had no idea what I was talking about and his brother was a cop for however many years. I forget exactly what he said next, but he went on for a bit before saying something to the effect of "those people don't know how to govern themselves".

So again, trying not to start a big scene in a public place that I've been going to for 14 years and where everyone knows me, I put a confused look on my face and say "So wait, you're basically saying that a white cop knows more about what it's like to be black than actual black people do?" This upset him even more. His reply was something like "Have you ever been downtown in those neighborhoods? Have you seen what it's like? My brother tells me all kinds of stories about how many people get shot every year. Those people are crazy down there." And then, for no reason at all, he just said "They don't wanna work."

So I asked "Wait, 'those people'?" and he said "Yeah they don't wanna work and you see the stories on the news, it's dangerous down there. You think you or I could walk around down there at night?"

At this point I cracked a little bit and found myself smiling and saying, in a surprised way, "Ohhhh! I get it now! You're a racist!"

The next part was a little weird for me because I was expecting him to say something like "No I'm just telling it like it is" or "Oh come on that was a joke" or the usual denial that racists do when called out. This dude just nodded his head, made a half-shrugging motion with his hands, and said "Whatever, sure, fine." Then a second later, as I'm still surprised by his answer, he goes into a mini rant about how he has friends who are firefighters in some other city, and they'll tell you all the same things, and they've been down in those neighborhoods for years, and he just keeps clinging to this appeal to authority like a life raft the whole time, as if the anecdotes from his racist brother and racist friends are valid scientific data against what actual black people experience every day. I said "OK well I'll remember to tell all my black friends who have jobs and mortgages and normal lives just like you and I that the racist white guy at the bar knows more about what it's like to be black than they do" and he said "Yeah you tell 'em."

The rest of the encounter was kind of boring in terms of forum posts, but I'll summarize and that it was me asking him questions in such a way that it further expose him as a racist, and every time he just doubled down. Every single time. He never once denied his racism. At all. Then he paid for his drinks and started to leave, all the while telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and his brother the cop this and his firefighter friends that, followed by me pretty much just calling him a racist in different ways. I even said something mildly spiteful like "Well I guess I'll just start telling people that the barber shop is run by a racist" and he said "You tell 'em whatever you want." Then he left.

edit: The point of the above paragraph isn't to brag. The point is to show just how completely shameless and unrepentant this guy was. It was really surprising to me in a public place with other people there.

I immediately apologized to the staff there for that scene, even though I stayed calm and the other guy was almost yelling.

The next part I'm still sort of trying to work through. After I sat down, the server came up and was like "Hey how are you?" and I said, still a little frazzled, "Uhh, I've been better" and trying to smile. I apologized to him for the scene, and then I said "You know I just realized that if this dude hates black people so much, he probably thinks the same way about Mexican people too." Then the server basically tried to defend the guy. He was very polite about it but he said something to the effect that I focused too much on labels. Then he said something like "That guy comes in here a lot and he makes jokes about Mexicans and we make jokes about white people and it's all in fun", to which I replied "Dude that guy wasn't joking." This seemed to surprise him. He was like "You don't think he was joking?" and I said "No dude, he was dead serious. Did you hear all the stuff he said? Did you hear his tone of voice?" He said something else about labels and I said "I called him a racist because he's a racist. That's not focusing on labels. He deserved that." The server then said something about why couldn't I just let all that stuff slide the way he does. And I said "This isn't about me being offended. If I hadn't said anything, and nobody else did, he would walk out of here thinking that all those things are OK to say out loud in public and that everyone else agrees with him. He would've come back here and felt safe saying more racist stuff." There was a little more back and forth between us but it was polite. Then I ordered another margarita and we didn't talk about it anymore.

I'd like to point out here that everyone who works at this restaurant is full-on Mexican. The owner is Mexican too. I think the server, whom I've known a long time, may have been concerned about losing that racist guy as a customer, and I think he's one of those guys that is just used to the racism so he can let it slide. He didn't seem to understand that this racist guy was not joking at all, and that just because he, the server, was cool with casual racism directed against him personally, he didn't get to speak for everyone else. I didn't say any of that to him of course, but it bothered me a little that he could overhear this guy saying all this really racist stuff, never deny my accusations of racism, and then do that thing where you just try to see the best in everyone and minimize what happened. I also felt a little agitated that he sort of accused me of overreacting, even though I did the best I could to stay calm the whole time. Maybe it was my frequent use of the word "racist" but that racist guy really did need to hear that.

The whole thing was a crazy experience I've never had before. All in all I think I handled it pretty well. I didn't attack him in any other way than for his racism. I didn't yell. And I didn't do any tumblr SJW bullshit either. I tried really hard not to make a scene and to stay calm but this guy just got so brave and blatant with his racism that I really felt I had to say something so that he wouldn't walk away feeling like everyone agreed with him.

Then we all grew up to be Albert Einstein and applauded.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 17, 2014

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
I'm definitely defending the racist guy, and I probably wouldn't agree with your server either, but... It could very well be he's not racist towards Mexicans. Thinks *they* work hard, etc. Maybe makes some casual jokes because the Mexicans at the restaurant give right back. Blacks on the other, not so much. Probably just hears the worst from his brother. Only sees Mexicans working hard at places he visits. I used to work with a guy who couldn't possibly be more racist to blacks yet lived in South Korea for months after months of anticipation and defends, quite vocally, against someone who is racist or prejudiced towards Asians or their culture.

But then again. That guy could definitely be batshit racist towards everyone, so what do I know.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Joshmo posted:

I'm definitely defending the racist guy, and I probably wouldn't agree with your server either, but... It could very well be he's not racist towards Mexicans. Thinks *they* work hard, etc. Maybe makes some casual jokes because the Mexicans at the restaurant give right back. Blacks on the other, not so much. Probably just hears the worst from his brother. Only sees Mexicans working hard at places he visits. I used to work with a guy who couldn't possibly be more racist to blacks yet lived in South Korea for months after months of anticipation and defends, quite vocally, against someone who is racist or prejudiced towards Asians or their culture.

But then again. That guy could definitely be batshit racist towards everyone, so what do I know.

I had that same thought too.

Also, while I was just in the gym I was thinking about this a little more. I can see how someone outside the altercation might've thought I called the guy a racist too many times, but I figured out why I kept doing it. There's a part of me that kept waiting for him to say "I'm not a racist!" or "Stop calling me that!" or something. The fact that he never said anything like that at all and kept doubling down on all his racist assertions was pretty amazing.

Anyway that's the last I'll post about it. I don't want to make this my E/N thread. Thanks for reading.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

My favorite type of conservatives/freepers are the ones who think Chicago is nothing but lawless black neighborhoods or what they see in post-apocalyptic movies like Escape from New York. :allears:
Oh Allen West...you were such a disgrace as a soldier, a politician, Fox contributor, and now just milking every last drop of attention before you fade into obscurity.

vvv Freep will complain if/when the EPA gets involved in the cleanup because it would put the taxpayers on the hook, when a private company could do it at a "competitive" price, because something something that's how free market capitalism works.

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 17, 2014

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So, has there been any discussion in Freep about the horrible chemical spill into the drinking water of Charleston, West Virginia, caused by a crappy coal company with no regard for the environement....

haha no of course not

unless maybe to complain that Obama makes the company clean its emissions at all....

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

predicto posted:

So, has there been any discussion in Freep about the horrible chemical spill into the drinking water of Charleston, West Virginia, caused by a crappy coal company with no regard for the environement..

haha no of course not

unless maybe to complain that Obama makes the company clean its emissions at all....

You rang?

Operations Cease at That loving Place

quote:

You are not kidding. The dems will really go after coal now. This whole thing is fishy, they had time to stop the intake from the Elk River but did not. I last heard 10 people now in the hospital. Pay attention to this the war on coal is on I just hope West Virginians don’t get a tree huggy after this.

3 posted on Friday, January 10, 2014 9:25:59 PM by Morgana (Always a bit of truth in dark humor.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Initial local reports Friday AM (I’m in Huntington) blamed a coal mine. The story has changed serveral times so far and I still find it lacking, none of the reports mention FEMA. But, FEMA moved in within hours of the first reports with water trucks and are as far down river as Milton as of this afternoon. It all happened too quickly imho, I’ll be drinking from my own stash - I don’t want no FEMA water.

Since October, the tin-foil hat forums have been predicting a major FEMA “event” in District 9 for the new year. Whether this is legit or a planned “event”, FEMA moved in way too fast considering they are usually a week late even when they see a major hurricane coming (e.g. Katrina). How they got water trucks spread from Charleston to Milton this quickly is curious.

8 posted on Friday, January 10, 2014 11:27:47 PM by Drumbo ("Democracy can withstand anything but democrats." - Jubal Harshaw (Robert A. Heinlein))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

I figure it was most likely sabotage. A way to get the citizens angry at the coal industry so they can put them out of business.

With this current lawless regime. Anything is possible for them to use to get their way. This is a nudge.

17 posted on Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:17:35 AM by dforest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Hahahahaha

quote:

The chemical spilled is used to clean coal.

18 posted on Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:18:33 AM by dforest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I love the guy who mocks FEMA conspiracy theorists by calling them "tin-foil hat forums" but then goes on to totally believe the tin-foil hatters anyway.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 17, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

kik2dagroin posted:

Allen West On Obama” He “Abjectly Despises” Whites...

quote:

“How long will it be before “you people” realize you have elevated someone to the office of president who abjectly despises you — not to mention his henchman Holder. Combined they are the most vile and disgusting racists”
I realized this in 2008 when I first became aware of Obama and began educating myself about him. To me this is obvious. I don't understand how so many white people can be so ignorant and naive. It is almost beyond my comprehension how they can not understand things that are so obvious.

4 posted on 1/16/2014 11:57:40 AM by detective

Freepers: It is almost beyond my comprehension how they can not understand things that are so obvious.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Even a coal processing chemical spill is a "false flag." These people are truly a goldmine (of poo poo).

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, conservative things really can't fail, can they.

These poor Freepers are seemingly being failed an awful lot lately...

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Elephant Ambush posted:

Then we all grew up to be Albert Einstein and applauded.

Someone add this to shit_that_seriously_really_did_happen.txt

That is hosed up, man. And that's coming from a kid whose dad was told when he left the village in greece in 1965 to watch out for black people because "they eat children."

stan worship
Oct 23, 2013

After the FEMA nonsense there, I honestly expected someone to throw out the "Agenda 21" conspiracy stuff.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

quote:

To: Innovative

I hope everyone has noticed that the “John the Baptist of the AntiChrist” is left handed.

92 posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:50:16 AM by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Something like 90% of U.S. presidents have been left handed, including Ronald Reagan. Go hate him!

Joshmo posted:

I used to work with a guy who couldn't possibly be more racist to blacks yet lived in South Korea for months after months of anticipation and defends, quite vocally, against someone who is racist or prejudiced towards Asians or their culture.

Don't underestimate jungle fever, either. I live in in Scandinavia, and the lust for asian women and "their culture" is all the rage among bitter single spergy men.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
Seems like the result of some sort of sinister conspiracy.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Tias posted:

Something like 90% of U.S. presidents have been left handed, including Ronald Reagan. Go hate him!

Don't underestimate jungle fever, either. I live in in Scandinavia, and the lust for asian women and "their culture" is all the rage among bitter single spergy men.

I can't believe there are still people who think left handed people are defective. Oh and that guy's tag line brings back wonderful memories. My old science teacher had some newspaper celebrating an important Dawrin related anniversary, with certain words crossed out and replaced with "Evil" and "Humanistic evil".

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tias posted:

Isn't "gently caress all non-whites; except Asians, they have a good, traditional culture." a meme among certain racists?

Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure I could put in any non-WASP group and be correct (see Hispanics, Jews)

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jan 17, 2014

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

MizPiz posted:

Isn't "gently caress all non-whites; except Asians, they have a good, traditional culture." a meme among certain racists?

I think that one goes along with the myth that Japan outlawed Islam. It's pretty much another "one of the good ones" thing.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

The Onion posted:

Japan Forms Alliance With White Supremacists in Well-Thought-Out Scheme
From the East Asian Correspondent, Sept 1, 1939. -- In a course of action praised by many as "far-sighted" and "tactically brilliant," the Japanese government has sworn its allegiance to the Axis powers led by white-supremacist Nazi Germany. In a formal statement, Japanese leaders declared, "We wish to be counted among the loyal allies of this back-stabbing, racist hate nation."

Following the announcement, Japanese General and military leader Hideki Tojo told reporters, "We are pleased to enter into an alliance with the paranoid, xenophobic government of Nazi Germany. We anticipate a deeply enriching exchange of our military aid with their deep-seated hatred of our non-white heritage."

Tojo went on to say that the "unbeatable team" of Germans and Japanese will one day dominate the industrialized world as "Aryans and those hated by Aryans, working together."

Likening their war instincts to those of "a very advanced clan of yellow apes," German Chancellor Adolf Hitler praised the government and military of Japan.

"I salute you, chinky-dinky rat men, who have been given life by the confused hand of some long-dead pagan deity," he said. "When Germany stands victorious on a conquered Earth, and Aryan supermen wipe out the undesirable mud races one by one, your like will surely survive to be among the last to be exterminated."

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

VitalSigns posted:

Just take out the part at the end where you grow up to be Albert Einstein.

I think you'll find that to be Albeart Einstein, US Marine.

Orange Devil fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 17, 2014

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Stan Lee Named as One of Forbes' Most Influential Celebrities for 2014(Lee Beats out Rush)

quote:

To: SMGFan

Big Bang Theory is the only reason anyone knows Stan Lee.

19 posted on Friday, January 17, 2014 10:30:28 AM by Zathras

quote:

To: SMGFan

Funny!
The only reason anyone (mostly) knows anything about him, is because he is talked about on Big Bang Theory.

21 posted on Friday, January 17, 2014 10:32:42 AM by svcw (Not 'hope and change' but 'dopes in chains')

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Please tell me you can find a quote from max americana dismissing the relevance of Stan Lee.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

OAquinas posted:

Please tell me you can find a quote from max americana dismissing the relevance of Stan Lee.

Not yet, but there is a minor slap fight when one freeper said he doesn't know anything about Big Bang Theory because he doesn't watch fag tv shows and another freeper says to gently caress off because you haven't seen it, no fag-like behavior involved in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Of course Freepers would watch The Big Bang Theory. Of course.

• Locked thread