Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

That is a deep cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
BOYD CROWDER SPOTTED

e:f,b sorry, MST :smith:

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 17, 2014

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Community: BCA (Boyd Crowder Audit)

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Eat This Glob posted:

The boat, "Childish Tycoon," was a pretty good gag.

Indeed, very clever.

Edit: also sperm.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Who wants to bet that in the last tag of the season, Abed's going to notice Pierce's marker moving?

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
man my number one worry for this season was vitriol at chase and glover. they're an awesome job handling it thank god

bonus points: it's funny

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
This was...a funny episode of Community? Holy poo poo. Best episode this whole season, too bad it required Pierce to be in it by proxy (because he's gone now).

I'm gonna miss Donglover, hopefully he gets another TV gig when his music career flops.

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003

1st AD posted:

This was...a funny episode of Community? Holy poo poo. Best episode this whole season, too bad it required Pierce to be in it by proxy (because he's gone now).

I'm gonna miss Donglover, hopefully he gets another TV gig when his music career flops.

He's already got a new show coming: http://screenrant.com/community-donald-glover-new-fx-series-atlanta/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So Glover's partial episode count might be getting split, I guess? Or maybe he'll just hang around before the trip.

Edit: Forgot this was episode 4, not 3.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 17, 2014

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It was always 5.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

I would rather Don Glover sail away on a boat forever than have a rap career.

What's wrong with you?

Idk why everyone in this thread says he'd have no hip hop career without community. All the kids I know that listen to childish gambino are black kids like me and none of them watch community. It really seems like white hipsters are just mad at him for leaving. Dude had a career beyond/before community.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

:aaa:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The tag was kind of funny, but "the way Pierce died" was a grotesque and incredibly cheap joke.
Also bummed out that he had so little good to say/give to Aybed. :smith:

But a funny episode anyway.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

VagueRant posted:

The tag was kind of funny, but "the way Pierce died" was a grotesque and incredibly cheap joke.

So he died like he lived then.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Also bummed out that he had so little good to say/give to Aybed. :smith:

Yeah, but the "here's your sperm" line was worth it.

I don't remember who was talking about the idea that they might alter Abeds character this season, but this episode would also work towards that. In this episode everyone had their quirks disected and attacked, but utimately accepted as being part of what makes them good, except for Abed.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Another possible callback:

(Are we allowed to link to tumblr images or does that count as hotlinking?)

absolutely anything posted:

So he died like he lived then.
I dunno, him dying of a real heart attack after so many fake ones would've been fine. Him accidentally-killing-himself-hah-hah is just really horrible.

EDIT: also I can't believe I only just noticed the ship Troy is sailing away on is called the Childish Tycoon.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 17, 2014

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Koalas March posted:

What's wrong with you?

Idk why everyone in this thread says he'd have no hip hop career without community. All the kids I know that listen to childish gambino are black kids like me and none of them watch community. It really seems like white hipsters are just mad at him for leaving. Dude had a career beyond/before community.

I think it's less about him leaving Community and more about him leaving comedy. I mean he was one of the funnier and more interesting writers on 30 Rock and he was in Derrick Comedy before he was really on anyone's radar when it comes to rap. That doesn't invalidate him as an artist, although I think that his last disc was kind of bad, but it does mean that comedy nerds feel a sense of ownership that's exacerbated by the real lack of respect for comedy as a medium. It seems like a comic is abandoning comedy for something that seems more legitimate, and that automatically puts people on the defensive.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just got done watching the episode. I have not laughed that hard in a long long time. I kind of want to watch it again actually but I'm gonna give my self a day or so to cool down from it.

From the classic bickering among themselves to the way that Pierce died every moment in this show was fantastic.

and this:

That's just the icing on the cake!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Koalas March posted:

What's wrong with you?

His rhymes are weak and his flow is poo poo, hth

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I want Goggins as a regular at the table :allears:

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
The mirror line killed me.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That was really good! I very much enjoyed it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Given how badly Pierce was treated in the last season, I'm really glad that Dan Harmon turned it around this year... from the cameo in the Repilot to giving him a really nice send off as opposed to killing the character off out of malice.

I love a good bottle episode, and this must've been cheap as chips to shoot while being grade A Community. This can only be a good thing.

(The use of 'Ipod' rather than 'iPod' in that S4 jpeg annoys me mind)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Capn Beeb posted:

Me too

ov
Jul 28, 2004
SEE THAT WET SPOT ON MY PANTS? WATCH ME MAKE UP A STORY ABOUT SPILLING A CASSEROLE

Kleptobot posted:

Yep, went through med school and everything! Ken Jeong talked about it during an interview on Marc Maron's WTFpod if you can find it.

Yeah exactly, so he doesn't have a PhD. He has the thing that ordinary doctors have.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I totally didn't expect my BCA joke to actually make the title. :allears:

Great episode.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was a goddamn fantastic episode and maybe the best since Remedial Chaos Theory, seriously.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Capn Beeb posted:

I do not know I would want him to call a group meeting...

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bobkatt013 posted:

I do not know I would want him to call a group meeting...

The study group's so close-knit that it's more of a family meeting.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mameluke posted:

The study group's so close-knit that it's more of a family meeting.

Why did he bring Abed a toy truck?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kinda cool that they gave Troy an in for later.

"troys back from sailing around the world and also hes rich now!"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Here's your sperm.

osici
Jan 19, 2008
Wheee

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Kinda cool that they gave Troy an in for later.

"troys back from sailing around the world and also hes rich now!"

Hell they already have the perfect comeback scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBGG8kDzPQ

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EL BROMANCE posted:

(The use of 'Ipod' rather than 'iPod' in that S4 jpeg annoys me mind)

I'm pretty sure that's from Season 1 Schmitty episode.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Volume posted:

I'm pretty sure that's from Season 1 Schmitty episode.

You're right. That is, in fact, from one of the best episodes in season one.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Republican Vampire posted:

I think it's less about him leaving Community and more about him leaving comedy. I mean he was one of the funnier and more interesting writers on 30 Rock and he was in Derrick Comedy before he was really on anyone's radar when it comes to rap. That doesn't invalidate him as an artist, although I think that his last disc was kind of bad, but it does mean that comedy nerds feel a sense of ownership that's exacerbated by the real lack of respect for comedy as a medium. It seems like a comic is abandoning comedy for something that seems more legitimate, and that automatically puts people on the defensive.

But he's not leaving comedy? He wanted more time to work on his rap and stand up and negotiated a schedule to do that when FX gave him his own sitcom.

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003
Community had a 1.1/4 in the fast nationals, down from a 1.4 last week. Everything was down a lot last night, especially on NBC.

Community - 1/1 (1.4 last week)
Parks - 1.2 (1.5 last week)
SSTW - 0.8 (1.0 last week)
MJF - 0.6 (1.0 last week)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...remiere/230124/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What is being referenced when Chang goes "everywhere. EVERYWHERE!!!!" I've heard a soundbyte like that, except it is "EVERYONE!!!"

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Hockles posted:

What is being referenced when Chang goes "everywhere. EVERYWHERE!!!!" I've heard a soundbyte like that, except it is "EVERYONE!!!"

Maybe Gary Oldman in Leon the Professional?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

hamsystem posted:

Maybe Gary Oldman in Leon the Professional?

Yep. That's the one. Thanks!

• Locked thread