Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Acura NSX
Porsche 911
Porsche Cayman
BMW M5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Why not the 6-series? I'd imagine those depreciate way faster than an M3.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Phone posted:

Porsche Cayman

Just stop right here. Add an S to the end and you're in business.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

in my head posted:

I'm going to be buying a car in ~6 months, am currently thinking it'll be an E92 M3, but haven't done any test drives yet. I'm open to other suggestions, if you think something else would be a better fit.

Proposed Budget: Preferably <$50,000 (but this is flexible)
New or Used: Used
Body Style: 2 door
How will you be using the car?: Commuting to work (40 freeway miles each way); possibly an occasional road trip with my husband; no hauling, no kids yet, rarely more than 2 passengers but I'd like to have seating for more
What aspects are most important to you? How it drives (responsive, great handling and acceleration, feels connected to the road, etc) is by far the most important. Next would be a comfortable interior, good looks, and safety. I expect to do regular maintenance, but I don't want anything too temperamental that'll leave me stranded on the side of the road. A great-sounding engine is also nice. Tech-wise I don't need anything too fancy, but I do want to be able to sync my iPhone with the car.

You're only going to be having 1 passenger in a 911 or Cayman. The M5/6 is going to be a significantly bigger investment in terms of maintenance.

I think the M3 is probably the best way to go, especially if you are looking for a manual, but for fun you can check out:

2011+ Lexus IS-F

The original version that came out in 2008 was a bit tepid, but 2010 onwards they re tuned the suspension and added a limited slip diff that makes it significantly better and faster than the M3 in C&D's lightning lap. It's pretty reliable by all accounts(the M3 is also quite reliable, so Lexus doesn't really have a big advantage there) as you would expect and gets significantly better fuel economy than the German cars too. Automatic only though, and it's based on the IS which is a tiny car with a tiny back seat.

Last Gen CTS-V

Basically an American M5, that also comes in coupe and wagon body style. I think they're still a bit too new to be able to get for under $50k though.

C63 AMG

Faster, less reliable IS-F.

Boss 302

It's pretty fast, but it also looks like a very brightly colored Mustang with a bunch of stripes on the hood and side, and wacky aero stuff. May not give people the same impression as an M3 would.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Throatwarbler posted:

Boss 302

It's pretty fast, but it also looks like a very brightly colored Mustang with a bunch of stripes on the hood and side, and wacky aero stuff. May not give people the same impression as an M3 would.

As opposed to an NSX? :getin:

I forgot to recommend the Lotus Evora.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Throatwarbler posted:

Boss 302

I always thought the Boss 302 was more of a entry-level track car for somebody who really knows what they want. If I remember right, they moved the powerband up and it makes less torque than the normal Mustang GT. Also, the interior is OK, but someone wanting to spend $50k on a used luxury car is going to be a bit disappointing with the Mustang interior, which is pretty much the same as a $22k V6 Premium.

Edit: You didn't list low cost of ownership as a priority. Buy a Cayman S and stay up to date on maintenance.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thanks for the help guys. I was also looking at some diesel models but I don't drive nearly enough to realize the savings. I subscribed the CR and the Impreza is their #2 overall wagon, and #1 with AWD. Their #1 overall is the Jetta Wagon. Doesn't have AWD but still worth checking out.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Proposed Budget: < $5000
Body Style: No trucks/SUVs
How will you be using the car?: Commuting to work 5x/week, roughly 10-15 miles each way
What aspects are most important to you? In order: reliability, MPG, cost of ownership

I'm looking to buying a car in the next month or two. I would love to spend $2000-$3000 on this, but in reality I have an upper budget of $5000 because I'm not sure if that's possible. It'd only be for getting to work and back on highway traffic, roughly 10-15 miles each way (bit of a range cause I'm moving soon). I've never bought a car before so this'll be the first time for me. I know I need to check carfax but other than that I'm at a complete lost. I'm only looking to keep the car for 1-2 (lets say higher end of that) years as well before getting a better car. I've asked two friends for advice and they recommend getting "any Japanese car because those'll last." But I was hoping you guys could be more specific, e.g., what years and models, and perhaps some things that are dead giveaways for "run the hell away" to a first time buyer.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

actionjackson posted:

Thanks for the help guys. I was also looking at some diesel models but I don't drive nearly enough to realize the savings. I subscribed the CR and the Impreza is their #2 overall wagon, and #1 with AWD. Their #1 overall is the Jetta Wagon. Doesn't have AWD but still worth checking out.

You really ought to do snow tires as mentioned. AWD isn't going to be the huge change you're thinking it will be.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006
Proposed Budget: £5000 GBP
Body Style: medium/family 4/5-door, pref Hatchback
How will you be using the car?: weekly supermarket run, wrangling a toddler, occasional visits to relatives (approx 130 mile round trip)
What aspects are most important to you? We currently have a 3 door '02 Fiat Punto, now that our son is getting bigger and has moved into an upright seat we really need something with 5 doors to make it a lot easier to get him into and out of the car. Beyond that boot space is a plus - bags for 2 adults, a toddler plus buggy etc don't really fit in a punto. Idiot points of reliability, cheap to run, crash protection etc. etc. etc. If it's got a nice "vroom" to the engine and has good handling that would be a plus. I guess bluetooth, ac and cruise control would be nice to have too but not essential.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

actionjackson posted:

The Caddy CTS Wagon also has AWD. Used would be in your price range.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Weinertron posted:

I always thought the Boss 302 was more of a entry-level track car for somebody who really knows what they want. If I remember right, they moved the powerband up and it makes less torque than the normal Mustang GT.

Boss 302: 444 hp (331 kW) at 7500 rpm, 380 lb·ft (515 N·m) at 4500 rpm

S65B40: 309 kW (414 hp) @ 8300 400 N·m (295 lb·ft) @ 3900

No replacement for displacement. :geno:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Throatwarbler posted:

Boss 302: 444 hp (331 kW) at 7500 rpm, 380 lb·ft (515 N·m) at 4500 rpm

S65B40: 309 kW (414 hp) @ 8300 400 N·m (295 lb·ft) @ 3900

No replacement for displacement. :geno:

Oh yeah it's definitely more powerful than the M3 in every way, but I was comparing to the non-Boss Mustang, which after checking the numbers is not much different: 420 hp @ 6500, 390 lb*ft at 4250. I remembered the GT having a bit lower torque peak but I guess I was wrong. The Boss has 20 more hp and 10 less lb*ft of torque.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I forgot, do all the boss 302s not have back seats or was that just the Laguna seca ? Probably a bit of a stretch anyway.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I test drove a Golf TDI and GTI tonight. However it looks like the Mark VII Golf will FINALLY come to the US this summer, so I'm going to wait for that one.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-volkswagen-golf-first-drive-review

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Gf is looking into getting a used car, thought we might ask the pros here about suggestions.

Proposed Budget: $12k CAD
New of Used: Used
Body Style: Compact or hatchback
How Using: City driving, as she lives very close to work. Most driving time would be trying to reach outlying courthouses (30-120 km round trips) or weekend excursions. She's looking for something unassuming (one of the courthouses tends to have cars stolen from out front), reliable, and easy to drive and park.
Primary Concern: Reliability

Japanese cars generally preferred, but open to suggestions. She did get to 'test' drive a Mazda 3 through a carshare that she liked, so particular years/versions that are recommended would be appreciated, as well as any red flags we should try to avoid.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

LeschNyhan posted:

Gf is looking into getting a used car, thought we might ask the pros here about suggestions.

Proposed Budget: $12k CAD
New of Used: Used
Body Style: Compact or hatchback
How Using: City driving, as she lives very close to work. Most driving time would be trying to reach outlying courthouses (30-120 km round trips) or weekend excursions. She's looking for something unassuming (one of the courthouses tends to have cars stolen from out front), reliable, and easy to drive and park.
Primary Concern: Reliability

Japanese cars generally preferred, but open to suggestions. She did get to 'test' drive a Mazda 3 through a carshare that she liked, so particular years/versions that are recommended would be appreciated, as well as any red flags we should try to avoid.

The Mazda3 has problems with rust on the body due to poor anti-rust coatings. If you're worried about theft you should really avoid all Japanese marques entirely.

For $12k you can get a 2010-11 Chevy Impala, which will be large and spacious and cheap to insure. It looks kind of like a cop car and is pretty much the most unassuming car you can buy. A Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger from the same era is the same way.

in my head
Apr 16, 2010
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. You've unexpectedly given me a lot to think about. The Cayman S would interest me if it weren't a two-seater. Same for the 2015 NSX (well, it looks nice, but I'm not so sure about getting a hybrid). The Lexus IS-F and Lotus Evora sound very interesting, however, and will definitely get a test drive. The first car I ever bought myself was a Mustang, and I still love them, so I appreciate the Boss 302 suggestion. I'm just not so sure people would take me seriously in it.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Boris Galerkin posted:

Proposed Budget: < $5000
Body Style: No trucks/SUVs
How will you be using the car?: Commuting to work 5x/week, roughly 10-15 miles each way
What aspects are most important to you? In order: reliability, MPG, cost of ownership

I'm looking to buying a car in the next month or two. I would love to spend $2000-$3000 on this, but in reality I have an upper budget of $5000 because I'm not sure if that's possible. It'd only be for getting to work and back on highway traffic, roughly 10-15 miles each way (bit of a range cause I'm moving soon). I've never bought a car before so this'll be the first time for me. I know I need to check carfax but other than that I'm at a complete lost. I'm only looking to keep the car for 1-2 (lets say higher end of that) years as well before getting a better car. I've asked two friends for advice and they recommend getting "any Japanese car because those'll last." But I was hoping you guys could be more specific, e.g., what years and models, and perhaps some things that are dead giveaways for "run the hell away" to a first time buyer.

A lot of people in here seem to recommend the ford focus, which you can probably find in your price range. I'd recommend a well maintained high-mile japanese sedan, I bought a '99 toyota avalon with over 150k on it for $3800 and it's silky smooth, comfortable, and nicely appointed (leather, sunroof, decent stereo). MPG isn't very good since it's a V6, but we don't drive it a whole lot so it's not a big deal. If that doesn't suit your fancy, a 4cyl camry with higher miles would be fine too assuming it was well maintained. They sold twenty billion of them, chances are you can find one that has a bunch of life left in it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

The Mazda3 has problems with rust on the body due to poor anti-rust coatings. If you're worried about theft you should really avoid all Japanese marques entirely.

If you're worried about theft, you should carry comprehensive insurance. Cars of all makes and models get stolen.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Mr Darcy posted:

Proposed Budget: £5000 GBP
Body Style: medium/family 4/5-door, pref Hatchback
How will you be using the car?: weekly supermarket run, wrangling a toddler, occasional visits to relatives (approx 130 mile round trip)
What aspects are most important to you? We currently have a 3 door '02 Fiat Punto, now that our son is getting bigger and has moved into an upright seat we really need something with 5 doors to make it a lot easier to get him into and out of the car. Beyond that boot space is a plus - bags for 2 adults, a toddler plus buggy etc don't really fit in a punto. Idiot points of reliability, cheap to run, crash protection etc. etc. etc. If it's got a nice "vroom" to the engine and has good handling that would be a plus. I guess bluetooth, ac and cruise control would be nice to have too but not essential.

Not an expert, but maybe a SEAT Leon? They're pretty civilised, and for that price you can probably pick up one with an Ecomotive engine, which get really good mpg. (In fact you definitely will, but most of them will be ex-company cars with sky high mileage. Shop around and you'll probably find a lower mileage one somewhere though.) The boot's only about 30% bigger than your Punto, so you might still struggle for space a bit, I don't know.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Proposed Budget<$20,000

New or Used: Either or works for me so long as it doesn't have many miles and/or fits in my budget

Body Style: (e.g. 2 door? 4 door? Compact/Midsize/Fullsize Sedan? Truck? SUV?) Looking at compacts to midsize. Does not matter if its 4 door or a coup but I'd prefer if it can hold up to four-five people for weekend trips.

How will you be using the car?: (Do you tow things? Haul more than 5 people on a regular basis? Have a super long commute? How are you going to use this vehicle?

Daily driver. I have a short ~10mi daily commute to work and after that I drive pretty much all around the DC metro area. Occasional weekend excursions and road trips with family / friends is also in the mix.

Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos?) I care far more about reliability, MPG, and road handling than internal gizmos.

What aspects are most important to you?

I need something to replace my 1998 Honda Accord which has had a recent date with a deer, and this would be my third time fixing the hood. I've had this car since I started driving (I'm 28 now) so I feel like the time is right for a change. I very much want to stay within my budget, and am looking at both new and used. Right now I've read good things about the Ford Focus, Honda Civic, and Mazda 3 in terms of what I'm looking for. Figure I should reach out to goons for additional advice. Thanks guys!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

actionjackson posted:

I test drove a Golf TDI and GTI tonight. However it looks like the Mark VII Golf will FINALLY come to the US this summer, so I'm going to wait for that one.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-volkswagen-golf-first-drive-review

Do the snow tires, you goober.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Body Style: (e.g. 2 door? 4 door? Compact/Midsize/Fullsize Sedan? Truck? SUV?) Looking at compacts to midsize. Does not matter if its 4 door or a coup but I'd prefer if it can hold up to four-five people for weekend trips.

Mazda 3

You're not getting 3 people in the back of a Mazda 3 comfortably, and the leg room isn't what you'd call great. But I have the sedan version, maybe the hatch has more room.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

in my head posted:

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. You've unexpectedly given me a lot to think about. The Cayman S would interest me if it weren't a two-seater. Same for the 2015 NSX (well, it looks nice, but I'm not so sure about getting a hybrid). The Lexus IS-F and Lotus Evora sound very interesting, however, and will definitely get a test drive. The first car I ever bought myself was a Mustang, and I still love them, so I appreciate the Boss 302 suggestion. I'm just not so sure people would take me seriously in it.

2015 NSX? More like 1995 or 2005. :getin:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

IRQ posted:

You're not getting 3 people in the back of a Mazda 3 comfortably, and the leg room isn't what you'd call great. But I have the sedan version, maybe the hatch has more room.

The new 1.8T Passat starts at around $20k, I bet you could probably get below that if you look hard enough. Very roomy backseat and trunk with pretty decent fuel economy.

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby
Looking to buy a car in probably 3-5 months. Have a second kid on the way and a Mustang has become even less practical.

Proposed Budget:

Probably around $16,000. Maybe as high as $20,000.

New or Used:

Either

Body Style:

4 door midsize I am guessing, maybe a small or midsize crossover. Something that would be comfortable lugging 2 kids around in.

How will you be using the car?:

I have a very long commute. About 110 miles round trip 15 days a month. Other than that just normal localish driving.

What aspects are most important to you?

I guess the most important things are roomy for when I am towing the kids around, but I also want something that gets decent MPG and is at least somewhat fun to drive. I have a long commute and I want to at least enjoy driving a bit. Something with some kind of phone sync would be nice too. I have a 2006 now which doesn't have it, but I assume most newer models have an aux port at least.

Just looking for some ideas at stuff to look into. I have only ever owned a 2006 Mustang and 1996 Acura Legend so not a lot of experience with different types of cars.

hitachi fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 18, 2014

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'd say a turbo forester except for that whole fuel economy thing.

Millions of Europeans have fit 2 kids in the back of things golf sized for decades. A Mazda 3 skyactiv would be fun.
The Mazda 5 is actually way better to drive than people might think. It does look like a minivan (because it is one).

in my head posted:

The first car I ever bought myself was a Mustang, and I still love them, so I appreciate the Boss 302 suggestion. I'm just not so sure people would take me seriously in it.
I'm not sure why people think this. I'd take anyone with a 2013 Boss 302LS (the black and somewhat grey one) very, very seriously.

nm fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 18, 2014

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

in my head posted:

The first car I ever bought myself was a Mustang, and I still love them, so I appreciate the Boss 302 suggestion. I'm just not so sure people would take me seriously in it.

Don't worry about negative stereotypes about owning a certain type of car, because EVERY car has a negative stereotype. No matter what, someone can look at any car and assume jackass/redneck/Eurotrash/poor/midlife crisis/douchebag/small penis/drug dealer/trophy wife/Jersey Shore/dirty hippy/etc... Just get what you like, because everyone else is going to hate it, but only you have to drive it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe, but seriously the Laguna seca doesn't have back seats. :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

nm posted:

Millions of Europeans have fit 2 kids in the back of things golf sized for decades. A Mazda 3 skyactiv would be fun.
The Mazda 5 is actually way better to drive than people might think.

Decades ago, kids didn't have the supermassive car seats they have today. A Mazda3 is far better at fitting older kids who are front-facing than younger kids who are rear-facing; even with our daughter's relatively small infant seat, the passenger seat had to be nearly completely forward to clear it.

Only reservation on the Mazda5 is that (like the Mazda2) it hasn't been updated with Mazda's Skyactiv engine / other technologies. I'm pretty sure underneath it's still very much the same as the 2004 Mazda3 it was derived from originally. That said, it's not a bad car, I had one for a rental and liked it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

IOwnCalculus posted:

Decades ago, kids didn't have the supermassive car seats they have today. A Mazda3 is far better at fitting older kids who are front-facing than younger kids who are rear-facing; even with our daughter's relatively small infant seat, the passenger seat had to be nearly completely forward to clear it.

Only reservation on the Mazda5 is that (like the Mazda2) it hasn't been updated with Mazda's Skyactiv engine / other technologies. I'm pretty sure underneath it's still very much the same as the 2004 Mazda3 it was derived from originally. That said, it's not a bad car, I had one for a rental and liked it.

The europeans still do it, how can we get their car seats?

He's going to be buying a few years used anyhow, so that may be less of an issue.

Oaks
Oct 9, 2007

Is it possible to custom order a new car? I know you're restricted to basically whatever is in the inventory when you go to the dealer, but is there any way of getting specifically what you want (in terms of trim + options) without waiting until you get lucky? I'm not in any hurry, I could wait for months if need be.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Yes you can typically factory order a car from a dealership; at least from the higher end brands where there are a lot more permutations of options, colors, etc. You may not be able to negotiate quite as good a price as something on the lot, but presumably you're okay with that since you'll be getting exactly what you want.

Most of the European brands offer special European Delivery programs where you spec out exactly what you want for your car and you go pick it up from the factory in Germany/Sweden (assuming it is a model manufactured in Europe). The discount you get on the car mostly pays for roundtrip airfare, you get to drive your brand new car around Europe, drop it off at a port, fly home, and wait for them to deliver your car to you back in the USA.

But if you're just buying a Civic or whatever other super common car you're probably better off buying off the lot. The options permutations are much more limited and dealers will trade inventory amongst themselves to get you the car with the color/options you want.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 18, 2014

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

nm posted:

The europeans still do it, how can we get their car seats?

The way Top Gear put it in that crossover comparo they reluctantly did (yes, I know, not much of a sort) it almost seemed like they're starting to push over more towards our "crossover for everyone" mentality.

But yeah, I don't know how they do it. Believe me I would've rather bought another Mazda3 or a Civic or any sort of compact than the CRV, but getting the kid in/out of her car seat (and her car seat in/out of the car) is massively easier in the CRV, and requires far less sacrifice on the front row (i.e. next to none).

Guinness posted:

But if you're just buying a Civic or whatever other super common car you're probably better off buying off the lot. The options permutations are much more limited and dealers will trade inventory amongst themselves to get you the car with the color/options you want.

Seconding this. Honda takes this to an extreme. Again on said CRV - you pick LX, EX, or EX with leather. Then you pick 2WD or AWD. Then you pick an exterior color, and maybe if you have an EX you can pick from two different interior colors. Then if you have an EX with leather you can pick from some upgraded entertainment (NAV / DVD) options.

Ultimately this doesn't lead to very many permutations. It's very rare that there wouldn't be a dealer in your area that has the particular combo you want if you're buying a Honda, especially if you're buying one of the most common ones (like a 2WD LX in white).

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've passed them on to her and we'll see where the research ends up taking us.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Crossposting for more coverage:

This isn't really a "What car do I buy" question, but as part of my research I want to ask - Is there anything bad about the Audi A3 TDI (1.9 or 2.0) from around 06/07 that I should know? Something like this or this are what I'm thinking about.

Any anecdotes/warnings/things to look out for would be appreciated, thanks!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Oaks posted:

Is it possible to custom order a new car? I know you're restricted to basically whatever is in the inventory when you go to the dealer, but is there any way of getting specifically what you want (in terms of trim + options) without waiting until you get lucky? I'm not in any hurry, I could wait for months if need be.

I know BMW will do it, even fly you out to Germany if you want to cough up that much cash. I knew a guy whose parents did it. (It wasn't that nice a car, I don't get it.)

As has been said, for more common (although low end BMWs are common as dirt around here) cars there's probably something that matches your qualifications just on a lot not too far away, and dealers will truck stuff around, or in my case just drive you to the other lot.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

IRQ posted:

I know BMW will do it, even fly you out to Germany if you want to cough up that much cash. I knew a guy whose parents did it. (It wasn't that nice a car, I don't get it.)

As has been said, for more common (although low end BMWs are common as dirt around here) cars there's probably something that matches your qualifications just on a lot not too far away, and dealers will truck stuff around, or in my case just drive you to the other lot.

Like Guinness said, BMW, and a few other manufacturers, give a substantial discount for direct factory pickup/"European delivery." It's not enough to make the cost of the flight, lodging, meals, and so forth worth it if you're only going to pick up the car, but if you're planning to spend money on a vacation, the total car+trip cost can be pretty attractive. Plus, you get the rich-guy white-glove treatment at the factory, and then you can drive your new German luxury car on the autobahn and take it around the Nürburgring, if that's your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert
Is it possible to get a non us option by doing one of those programs?