Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
:siren: Rules of CineD :siren:

1) All general SomethingAwful forum rules apply here too.

2) DON'T BE CREEPY.

2a) I can't even believe I have to say this:

Do not tell us what movies you masturbate to.

It's disgusting and weird and frankly speaks to a deep sadness at the core of your being.

I really can't believe this has to be a codified rule, how horrible is that? Just stop and think about it for one second, I actually had to sit here and type this thing out here saying that nobody in the entire course of human civilization wants to know what movies you jerk off to. Don't tell us, don't tell us, don't tell us. I will probate the gently caress out of you disgusting orangutan-rear end motherfuckers, Jesus Christ, just don't do it.

2b) Don't act like an actress' breasts are a separate person, don't obsess over whether a woman's body is "right" to play a superhero, don't say that women could stand to lose a few pounds, make ironic sexist remarks at your own risk, basic simple stuff. (Don't tell us what you masturbate to.) If you want to say how good-looking an actress or actor is, go ahead, but don't be a creep about it, and at least try to have something else mor substantial to contribute to the discussion.

2c) Don't be racist.

2d) Don't be hostile towards anyone in the LGBQT+ community.

3) Make sure your post contributes to the discussion. Low content posts, empty flaming, personal attacks will earn you a vacation.

4) No Piracy. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE ACT OF PIRATING OR WHERE A MOVIE CAN BE PIRATED. First offenders will get sixers. The more you discuss pirating, the longer the probations become.

5) Spoiler Policy: For most threads, please use spoiler tags for any major plot events no matter how old the film is, unless it's common knowledge (Luke Skywalker is Darth Vader's Dad?! Mufasa sees Simba die?!) or if you're in a discussion thread for people who have read that specific director, studio, or film. If you *are* in a discussion thread for a specific filmmaker or film, use spoiler tags for anything that's been out less than about six months to a year. If a thread title warns you of spoilers, heed that advice!

6) As a general catch-all and warning beyond the above, try to post like someone who's actually interested in discussing films, because that's why we're here.

If you see a post that breaks the above rules, hit the report button and I'll look at it. I legitimately believe CineD to be one of the best subforums on this website. Please keep it that way by not being lovely. Think about what you're posting.

RESOURCES:

CineD has it's own discord.

Edited by Franchescanado on 10/26.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
Update: we no longer require you to wash your balls

Professor Clumsy fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 28, 2017

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Update 2: wash your dad's balls

Professor Clumsy fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 30, 2017

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

:siren:UPDATE 1/29/13 :siren:

For the love of God, no JJ Abrams lens flare jokes. That catchphrase ain't been funny in years. Lens flare jokes just clog up threads now, the desiccated husks of dead jokes.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I can't even believe I have to say this:

Do not tell us what movies you masturbate to.

It's disgusting and weird and frankly speaks to a deep sadness at the core of your being.

I really can't believe this has to be a codified rule, how horrible is that? Just stop and think about it for one second, I actually had to sit here and type this thing out here saying that nobody in the entire course of human civilization wants to know what movies you jerk off to. Don't tell us, don't tell us, don't tell us. I will probate the gently caress out of you disgusting orangutan-rear end motherfuckers, Jesus Christ, just don't do it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
We now have a thread for self-promotion. Follow the rules there.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 22, 2014

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

You know what? Here's a new rule. Let's just go with a general "Don't be a creep" rule. This means don't act like an actress' breasts are a seperate person, don't obsess over whether a woman's body is "right" to play a superhero, don't say that women could stand to lose a few pounds, make ironic sexist remarks at your own risk, basic simple stuff. (Don't tell us what you masturbate to.)

If you want to say how good-looking an actress or actor is, go ahead, but don't be a creep about it, and at least try to have something else mor substantial to contribute to the discussion.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 22, 2014

ballwashermcgee
Jan 13, 2014

by Fistgrrl

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 20, 2014

palmkernel
Dec 11, 2013

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Lurdiak / DickEye Rule

Lurdiak is a cool person whose opinions may upset you.

DickEye (BENGHAZI 2) is a cool person whose opinions may upset you.

The two of them do not get along. It was decided long ago (before I was made mod) that these two powers, great as they are, shall never come into contact with each other, as it will bring forth CineD's apocalypse.

They are not to engage each other.

If you see them engage each other, remind them of this rule. If they continue to engage each other, or say something hosed up about/to each other, please alert me as soon as possible. They both know about and agree to this rule. They know the consequences.

Thank you.

• Locked thread