Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SAINT HENRY'S PARISH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The dollhouse oh my god

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So... dead Jenny swaps places with Abby to get her back to reality?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
GET THERE ABBIE OR JENNY OR BOTH OH GOD HELP THEM

Lanz
May 30, 2013
FFFFFFFFFF--

Okay, I did not see any of this coming

And it works!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Awesome Denethor has returned.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's gonna be a drat cliffhanger

E:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
And we go out on Sympathy for the Devil again.

That was awesome.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
MOTHERFUCKER

Is it Fall yet?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Holy poo poo.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
OHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
drat, that Orlando was not joking. That was bonkers

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The fate of the world and the immortal souls of our protagonists? Now that's a cliffhanger.

terrordactle
Sep 30, 2013
I knew it. Hopefully it takes at least two episodes to resolve it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
WELL

loving

PLAYED

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Bizarrely, this is almost exactly the same cliffhanger as Being Human's US Second Season.

Three protagonists: one trapped in ghost-world, one buried alive, and one maybe dead.

There's pretty much nothing in common between the two shows aside from a general sense of insanity, but it's a little weird to notice.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
No one is as good at playing both sweet and evil as John Noble. He did it in Fringe and now this.

Wow, what a loving awesome finale. Anyone not watching this show is missing out

isaboo fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 21, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They took my love of Walter Bishop and they used it against me.

Despite the fact that I know full well how well he does evil.

Sleepy Holloooooow! :argh:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:magical:

Well poo poo. That was awesome. And we're getting a second season so at least it doesn't end on this sick nut-punch like V did.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
If you told me in September I would be watching the finale on the edge of my seat tonight I'd have laughed at you. On paper this show should never have been so good.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

nine-gear crow posted:

:magical:

Well poo poo. That was awesome. And we're getting a second season so at least it doesn't end on this sick nut-punch like V did.

There aren't any STUPID CHILD CHARACTERS on this show, so it's automatically 10,000,000 times better than V was.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Hot drat.....

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

There aren't any STUPID CHILD CHARACTERS on this show, so it's automatically 10,000,000 times better than V was.

Hey, V got wicked good in its last 10 minutes... Though you're 100% and I was a total masochist to stick it out to its end.

...but Sleepy Hollow. gently caress YEAH! Right?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey, V got wicked good in its last 10 minutes... Though you're 100% and I was a total masochist to stick it out to its end.

...but Sleepy Hollow. gently caress YEAH! Right?

Don't feel bad. I watched every episode of the V reboot, too. I wish I hadn't, but I did.

I'm just glad Sleepy Hollow is so rad. Sleepy Hollow is rad as John Noble is rad. Forever and ever.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I knew Walter was making a heelturn right around when he cast Sin Eater on Zombie Daemon Cho, he started throwing out these Significant Glances immediately afterwards. I figured he was tainted from trying to absorb sin directly from Moloch, but that he was evil the whole time? loving blindsided!

And did I forsee him turning out to be Horseman: War? No. How about how he would be Jay-Cray? Holy poo poo, never in a billion years.

There is no TV show but Sleepy Hollow, and Ichabod Crane is its prophet

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
What's cool is how they kind of set up Jenny to be the one that saves their collective asses. Somehow.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

So which horseman is Ichibods father going to be?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Astrofig posted:

What's cool is how they kind of set up Jenny to be the one that saves their collective asses. Somehow.

Her neck looked kind of broken, but whether it is or it isn't, that's what we refer to as "a minor setback" in Sleepy Hollow.

This is the show Alcatraz desperately tried to convince us that it was.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Psssh, ain't no thing. You really think a few fractured vertebrae are going to stop Jenny Mills from being awesome?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Astrofig posted:

Psssh, ain't no thing. You really think a few fractured vertebrae are going to stop Jenny Mills from being awesome?

I'm still waiting for the reveal that Jenny's the actual witness.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

DivisionPost posted:

Her neck looked kind of broken, but whether it is or it isn't, that's what we refer to as "a minor setback" in Sleepy Hollow.

I'm totally convinced that she's completely, undeniably dead... but decides to stay in Purgatory instead of moving on, giving Abby her ticket out and a new helper in Creepy Purgatory Vision Quest Land.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nine months. Nine months. I have not been this invested in television in forever and I was afraid it was going to end on a cliffhanger. DANG that was all so great though and pretty much what everyone else said.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Ichabod traded a badass girl who does fistbumps for some lady who's a lovely witch and doesn't even know what cool is. This caused the apocalypse.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

DurosKlav posted:

So which horseman is Ichibods father going to be?

More like "Which horseman will Ichabod end up being?"

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Ichabod's new fancy smartphone will be the key to his escape from the coffin, I just know it. Maybe it has an app that lets him call Yolanda.

edit: or tiny hand drawn maps with 'HEPL, IM HERW' on it uploaded to imgur

CeeJee fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 21, 2014

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

CeeJee posted:

Ichabod's new fancy smartphone will be the key to his escape from the coffin, I just know it. Maybe it has an app that lets him call Yolanda.
He could use it to post vlogs all summer long while we wait for the return of the show !!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

:tviv:

Alright. I saw Perish being evil. Kinda. But I did not see him being their son. What a mind fuckery of an episode! I love this show. I'm glad people kept talking about until I gave in.

This was a great night for TV.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dantes posted:

He could use it to post vlogs all summer long while we wait for the return of the show !!!

"Salutations denizens of the communications network dubbed the 'Internet.' My name is Ichabod Crane and though I may not look it at the moment due to my being trapped in a coffin, I am a... How shall we say, 'historical consultant' for the Sleepy Hollow Sheriff's Department. If anyone is watching this, the coordinates of my interment site are listed in the video description field. In the meanwhile, permit me to discuss how I found myself in this situation... For the second time in my life. :mad:"

EDIT: I think I know how they can get Abby out of Purgatory and still keep Katrina. According to Katrina, there's only two ways out of Purgatory: someone takes your place, or you find forgiveness for your sins. Since Katrina's now out of Purgatory, presumably she doesn't have to worry about the forgiveness clause so her sins have fled the coop with her. So all Abby has to do is find forgiveness for whatever sins she has left to be forgiven, an easier task than Katrina finding forgiveness for being a living affront to God, so if she does that, presumably she gets to go free and we get one of those big Sleepy Hollow style "everybody wins" endings to kick off Season Two with. No?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 21, 2014

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I didn't see Henry being evil, at all. Walter Bishops kindly, doddering face will fool me every time.

I figured the way they were going to save Katrina from purgatory was to have the sin eater eat her sins so she'd be "clean" again. Guess that wont be happening with Henry's mommy issues and all.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
:stonklol: Now that's how you do a goddamn season finale. Only thing I saw coming was the notion that Henry wasn't totally on the up-and-up, everything else was completely out of left field. Absolutely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I do like how they reconciled "Crane looks cooler in old-timey clothes." with "It's filthy that Crane wears the same clothes everyday." Now he can have a whole wardrobe of old-timey clothes.

• Locked thread