Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

Delicate? Dude I stabbed the steering wheel of a car and it blew up.

Remember, there was a point you could take out a BTR with your goddamn knife. A Ferrari ain't poo poo on an infantry carrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

BillyJoeBob posted:

I'm playing Misery 2.1's beta as the sniper and I finally got to Pripyat. I did actually discover something likely that was causing crashes in previous making me unable to complete the game. When you order a custom gun from Nimble and Snag accuses you of it being stolen, I left it at that. If you confront people about it, Snag disappears like normal and the bandits spawn, but if you need to load any saves after Snag leaves, it crashes the game. :psyduck: I loaded from an earlier save and ignored it and its been fine since.

What is driving me a bit mad is trying to find the calibration tools. I looked in the usual spots in vanilla and where I think I saw them in 2.0. I'm pretty stumped on where to find any because this SEVA suit needs some air conditioning.

The calibration tools are not in Pripyat any more. They were moved to zaton and Jupiter, and also are different for the different classes. Snipers calibration for zaton is in the Attic of the house at the sawmill, under one of the supports

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

staberind posted:

Also, Oblivion Lost 2 came out on the 17th. its awaiting modb updates, but : http://yadi.sk/d/r86aX0ESGF7vp have fun.

I am tempted, but that looks pretty sketchy. Who made OL2 anyway?

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

MadBimber posted:

Yandex is fine dude. You're probably just not from the "internet Russosphere" so you haven't heard of it. :)

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SaltyJesus posted:

Yandex is fine dude. You're probably just not from the "internet Russosphere" so you haven't heard of it. :)

Yep. It's a legit download.

Here's the mod page if I'm not mistaken: http://www.moddb.com/mods/oblivion-lost-remake

Sounds like it's basically going for a Lost Alpha concept. Downloading now.

*Edit*
gently caress, 3 days of downloading? Are there any other mirrors?

*Edit 2*
Here's a link to the GSC thread with a torrent, some fixes, and a translation: http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_page=1&thm_id=22080&sec_id=17#372800

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC0rIkBhFzU

Gunslinger is looking better and better. It's going to be a while still before it gets released but drat is that cool.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 21, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

MadBimber posted:

Yandex is basically the Russian google drive. Totally legit.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Are there any good faction wars mods?

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

NeoSeeker posted:

Are there any good faction wars mods?

For what game? For CoP and SoC there aren't any.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I Thought CoP had one or two. I have Clear Sky however.

Just for the sake of redundancy:

NeoSeeker posted:

I'm looking for a mod that for the most part turns the game world into a giant persistent sandbox where factions are constantly fighting each other and taking/occupying territory. Hopefully one where you can join into the fighting in a deep way like clearly taking sides and working for factions.

So what are good faction wars mods for Clear Sky then? If the other two games don't have any.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 22, 2014

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

M.Ciaster posted:

That works on APCs in the vanilla game as well, actually. Devs forgot to set correct stab damage immunity values for vehicles :v:

So APCs will take on bullet after bullet with no effect but it will explode if a knife ever so gently kisses its blade across said APC it will explode like it's inflatable

Sounds like a feature, not a bug

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009
That new Oblivion lost sounds interesting but it mentions that it cranks the detail up so im guessing it wont run all that well on lovely ancient computers like mine?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man I'm so close to beating Oblivion lost 1 or whatever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I ordered a new copy of SoC from some Amazon seller for $10 because I wanted to replay the game for the first time in a few years. I think they gave me the European version because there's a PEGI rating on the box and the artwork is different than I remember my old US copy being. The CD-key doesn't work when I try to activate it on Steam. Could that be a region locking thing? Is there any way I can get it to work with my Steam account or am I SoL?

I installed it from the disc and it started up fine, but I was really hoping to tie it to my Steam account :(

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I ordered a new copy of SoC from some Amazon seller for $10 because I wanted to replay the game for the first time in a few years. I think they gave me the European version because there's a PEGI rating on the box and the artwork is different than I remember my old US copy being. The CD-key doesn't work when I try to activate it on Steam. Could that be a region locking thing? Is there any way I can get it to work with my Steam account or am I SoL?

I installed it from the disc and it started up fine, but I was really hoping to tie it to my Steam account :(

Nah, that sounds like the copy I bought from Game a few years ago. The original version of ShoC at least was released before Steakworks was a thing. If you're dead set on a Steam version, it frequently goes on sale for a few quid. That said, the disk version is good because a lot of mods require specific patch versions, and far as I know, there isn't a way of downgrading the Steam version.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Guys I was only joking about the safeness of the link. I just wanted more information on what the mod is/who made it :negative:

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 22, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The Oblivion Lost remake (it's not really Oblivion Lost 2, it's basically their attempt at recreating the Alpha/Beta builds of SoC called "Oblivion Lost") is basically trying to do what Lost Alpha is doing, but in a smaller way and actually doing it.

I can't imagine it would be hugely demanding on your system, as virtually all the "old build" mods use custom shaders from pre-release builds. Chances are good if you can run stalker normally, you should be able to run OLR. Here's some videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaDgn7VAo5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D_P8MHrWCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh-vzeRt_Tw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1T7wR88-9g

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Dice Dice Baby posted:

So APCs will take on bullet after bullet with no effect but it will explode if a knife ever so gently kisses its blade across said APC it will explode like it's inflatable

Sounds like a feature, not a bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPR2WFRPxc

Yep.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, Its the OL Remake, also, thanks for the torrent link,
I left my machine on all night to get that horribly slow download,
it froze about five minutes after I crawled into bed. haaaaaa....

And its my first time to try SGM 2.2, I am loving being back in cordon,
stalker is such a refreshing cricket bat to the nads after apparently more "polished" games.
Also; I found this rather nice stockpile of mods chrome://mega/content/secure.html#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w!zNcmCJoQ

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
So I installed Misery 2.0, and have been playing it for a little bit. I thought the games performance was going a little meh so I changed it from dx10 lighting to just normal enhanced dynamic lighting and restarted the game now it just crashed every time I try to start it. Doesn't even get to the main menu. Any thoughts?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

So I guess the mod I was looking for is called "the faction war mod"
Kinda feel dumb not just googling it. I'm pretty sure I've come across it before. Is it any good?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

NeoSeeker posted:

So I guess the mod I was looking for is called "the faction war mod"
Kinda feel dumb not just googling it. I'm pretty sure I've come across it before. Is it any good?

Yeah, it's good, the Clear Sky one?

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pepsi-Tan posted:

So I installed Misery 2.0, and have been playing it for a little bit. I thought the games performance was going a little meh so I changed it from dx10 lighting to just normal enhanced dynamic lighting and restarted the game now it just crashed every time I try to start it. Doesn't even get to the main menu. Any thoughts?

Post the "Fatal Error" section of your log file. If you have the Steam version it will be located in _appdata_ in your CoP directory. If you have the disc it goes to Users/Public/Public Documents/Stalker COP.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Swartz posted:

Post the "Fatal Error" section of your log file. If you have the Steam version it will be located in _appdata_ in your CoP directory. If you have the disc it goes to Users/Public/Public Documents/Stalker COP.

How should I go about posting it? I tried opening the MDMP file with notepad and it appears to be just jibberish unicode text

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Open it with a text editor that isn't poo poo like notepad++ and put it on pastebin.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Taffer posted:

Open it with a text editor that isn't poo poo like notepad++ and put it on pastebin.

I opened it with notepad++, it's a whole lot of NULL's, and when I pasted it into pastebin it still seems like unicode jibberish. Do you still want to see it anyways? Maybe it just seems alien to me and totally normal to anyone who knows anything about this.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The file you're looking for should have the .log extension. All the others are really only for submitting for bug reports which is a pretty futile gesture.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Ddraig posted:

The file you're looking for should have the .log extension. All the others are really only for submitting for bug reports which is a pretty futile gesture.

I'm looking in my logs folder now, theres the xray_(username).txt file, and the rest of them are xray_(username)_(date).MDMP files. I see no .log files, unfortunately

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Pepsi-Tan posted:

Yeah, it's good, the Clear Sky one?

Yes, the clear sky one. 3.7 beta the most current?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

NeoSeeker posted:

Yes, the clear sky one. 3.7 beta the most current?

Yeah, it's fun. It can make the game a little harder though because at one point in the game the entire garbage was controlled by Bandits, until I took it back over for the Loners.
It's a good mod, and Clear Sky is my favorite STALKER

edit:

And thank you guys that tried to help me, I figured a way to fix it. I deleted my user.ltx file and the game created a new one and it works now. I feel honored to have been quoted by the Swartz himself

Nwabudike Morgan fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 24, 2014

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Lost Alpha has released their 2014 video. Looks like the release is still a ways off.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/videos

One thing I really notice is how much the ShoC version of the xray engine has aged. Some parts of what they showed are hideously ugly. I will play (and pay if need be), but it definitely stands out after Absolute Nature + Structures + Atmosfear.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
You dudes should check out Survarium, it's in CBT right now and it's pretty tight, $10 for early access and funbux, or you can enter a lottery for codes.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robot Randy posted:

You dudes should check out Survarium, it's in CBT right now and it's pretty tight, $10 for early access and funbux, or you can enter a lottery for codes.

I heard it has no single player.

And is f2p

frank.club fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 24, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

MadBimber posted:

Lost Alpha has released their 2014 video. Looks like the release is still a ways off.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/videos

One thing I really notice is how much the ShoC version of the xray engine has aged. Some parts of what they showed are hideously ugly. I will play (and pay if need be), but it definitely stands out after Absolute Nature + Structures + Atmosfear.

Lost Alpha are deliberately going for a pre-release look. Lots of vibrant colours and bloom thanks to the shaders etc.

The ShoC version of the X-ray engine still has a few tricks up its sleeve. I know the OGSE team are doing some pretty neat work with the shaders and such. It's making Meltac's stuff looking a bit outdated, truth be told.

Plus there's the engine mods that the Russian modders have come up with that enable grass shadow, player shadows, vastly increase the grass draw distance/density etc.

Now that the Steam version has been updated to 1.0006 I expect OGSE is going to port a lot of those features to the Steam version in the next release, and along with their new shaders it's definitely going to give ShoC a facelift.

This is Kamikazze's youtube feed. He's one of the main developers for OGSE

https://www.youtube.com/user/KamikazzeRu?feature=watch

Has a lot of neat previews of the new shaders, emissions etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd03R6cQUlo

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 24, 2014

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
It seems like they had some help from Cromm in making that, no? The transitions are very fluid, from the massive cloud formation to the burning sky. It looks nice and more believable than the blowout wave, if a little less terrifying. So many mods for Stalker, they just make me want to play it all over again :allears:

I love that so many great features end up being shared by a lot of the community, e.g. Atmosfear. On the flipside, it's a shame that some features are unlikely to be shared between mods, due to engine changes. OGSE AI, Lurk sound design and weapon models, Lost Alpha content. A massive mish mash that isn't StalkerSoup would be pretty cool.

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 24, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
OGSE 0.6.9.3 is using a modified version of Atmosfear, so it's quite likely they've got some help from Cromm.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
Well, I got the game working, but now it's prone to random CTDs.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

MadBimber posted:

It seems like they had some help from Cromm in making that, no? The transitions are very fluid, from the massive cloud formation to the burning sky. It looks nice and more believable than the blowout wave, if a little less terrifying. So many mods for Stalker, they just make me want to play it all over again :allears:

I love that so many great features end up being shared by a lot of the community, e.g. Atmosfear. On the flipside, it's a shame that some features are unlikely to be shared between mods, due to engine changes. OGSE AI, Lurk sound design and weapon models, Lost Alpha content. A massive mish mash that isn't StalkerSoup would be pretty cool.

Is the OGSE AI related to the engine in any way? As far as I'm aware the only huge change the dll files they use does is allow binocular class weapons to be "fired" to allow variable scoped weapons.

The companion stuff and such works fine in virtually any other mod. I've been using it pretty extensively for my own.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I had thought I read somewhere on GSC forums or ModDB that the next OGSE release would contain some DLL work or changes to the .exe, but I'm now having difficulty finding the post and may have made the whole thing up. Which I guess is nice actually, since that means what they use could be ported to other mods.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
I installed ZRP for Shadows of Chernobyl with some of the addons included, and booted up a game but completely forgot how weak some of the guns sounded. So I installed Darius6 soundpack but now the game crashes when I try to load my save or start a new game. :(

Any tips on installing other mods with ZRP, particularly sound and texture mods? Also, and recommendations on good sound/texture packs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
It seems like I can only get this game to work when I play it on the default settings, which is a drat dirty shame.