Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ. Lazerbot doesn't realise what he's throwing away here. Tails Got Trolled is basically the only thing in the world that goons like. I mean, go read the re-born CAD Mock thread, where goons reveal that they hate XKCD, Kate Beaton, Oglaf, and basically every good comic on the web.

But not Tails Got Trolled. For two long years we've followed this thing and it's going to die. It's going to die because we've followed it for two years.

Don't love things, goons. Goon love kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

UncleSmoothie posted:

Jesus christ. Lazerbot doesn't realise what he's throwing away here. Tails Got Trolled is basically the only thing in the world that goons like. I mean, go read the re-born CAD Mock thread, where goons reveal that they hate XKCD, Kate Beaton, Oglaf, and basically every good comic on the web.

But not Tails Got Trolled. For two long years we've followed this thing and it's going to die. It's going to die because we've followed it for two years.

Don't love things, goons. Goon love kills.
I've found myself with some free time lately.

What I'm saying is that you may see a new motion comic in the near future.
No promises, but it might just keep TGT going in Lazerbot downtime.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

Even if Lazerbot never publishes another page, it will still be awesome to see everything up to this point turned into a video.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

See, the main thing is that Lazerbot (like many other people) forgets that online communities are made up of dozens of different people with dozens of different opinions.

It's sad that he no longer likess us the way we like him, but at the same time, he clearly has issues that he's working through (or, at least, needs to work through). I find it difficult to actually be -upset- with him about this because of that.

UncleSmoothie posted:

Woah wait a minute here. Since when is there a re-born CAD mock thread?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zinkraptor posted:

Woah wait a minute here. Since when is there a re-born CAD mock thread?

Since it left Batman's Shameful embrace to go back to general cowpatty. It seems a lot more active over there than it was when it was here.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

And what the hell do goons have against Kate Beaton? I thought she was like one of the few universally liked webcomic artists out there?!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

They don't, but they are stalkerishly obsessed with her opinion of goons and mask it with hate.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

A Steampunk Gent posted:

And what the hell do goons have against Kate Beaton? I thought she was like one of the few universally liked webcomic artists out there?!

Lowtax bought her an account but she stalked a bunch of goons and no matter what she won't apologize for it so she got banned.

e:vvv Apparently the weirdness comes from goons who refuse to shut up about it/consistently apologize on behalf of other goons/complain about stalker goons

e2: like these two ^^^vvv

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 21, 2014

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

IrvingWashington posted:

Lowtax bought her an account but she stalked a bunch of goons and no matter what she won't apologize for it so she got banned.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm but I'm pretty certain it was exactly the other way round: she bought an account to check out LF and immediately got pounced on by every creeper on the site.

e: regardless that's a really sad reason to dislike someone, I'm surprised people still remember that incident.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

IrvingWashington posted:

Perhaps, truly, WE were the fat ponies.

JazzFlight posted:

I've found myself with some free time lately.

gently caress yes I still believe :3

Also I guess there's always Tails Doesn't Get Trolled to get us by. I hope the goon that did it keeps doing it! It's arguably the 'good end' of the TGT mythos, the way things are going.

The Doctor knew what he was doing. :unsmith:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

God that part was hosed up

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
The discussions he's having with his REAL fans on FB are pretty great. Apparently we're paying to insult him.

The proudest moment of my week occurred with LB responding to me with a 'I know you are but what am I?' :smug:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rather Dashing posted:

The discussions he's having with his REAL fans on FB are pretty great. Apparently we're paying to insult him.

The proudest moment of my week occurred with LB responding to me with a 'I know you are but what am I?' :smug:

:cripes:

Now I would love to see more TGT's classic scenes on this style, holy poo poo.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Now I would love to see more TGT's classic scenes on this style, holy poo poo.
Yeah, scarycave, post higher res versions. Seconding the request to see like, the most infamous scenes recreated in your twisted style.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Rather Dashing posted:

He didn't deny that he needs to get laid. Lazerbot, confirmed virgin.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Oh my goodness

This was so bizarre that even after checking the thread title it still took me a few moments to understand what was going on. Great work.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Do you guys think there's any way I could make money out of doing a 3D parody of Lazerbot's child? Like that one about Zelda with the purposefully bad 3D.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Megaspel posted:

Do you guys think there's any way I could make money out of doing a 3D parody of Lazerbot's child? Like that one about Zelda with the purposefully bad 3D.

No.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Don't let it not making money stop you

eskimoform
Jun 22, 2013
So phase 2 is more ranting? I was expecting to be murdered in my sleep at least.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I feel like it's time to lock the tread and move on. Maybe have a mod end it with "Get help lazerbot."

Remember when Lazerbot used to make a comic? I miss those days.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

JGBeagle posted:

I feel like it's time to lock the tread and move on. Maybe have a mod end it with "Get help lazerbot."

Remember when Lazerbot used to make a comic? I miss those days.

1:1 on LB restarting the comic after you guys whine enough to have the thread closed and then whine again to open it again.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Haha, he posted a note that is a literal block of text. No spacing, impossible to read.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, so long guys. Time to unbookmark this thread.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'll leave with good memories, like the Necromancers arc. God that was amazing and funny as hell.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

To be fair, somewhere in there he's actually getting to a genuine point, which is that he doesn't like having people relentlessly mock him and his art, even if it's loving mockery.

His reaction to this thread's attitude is understandable, even if it's delivered in that inimitable Lazerbot style.

SA's stated purpose is to point and laugh at things on the internet. If there's a substantive difference between that and "trolling", it's probably not detectable by someone who's the target of it. It's pretty silly to assume someone will just take it forever. Nobody has that kind of maturity, or that kind of resilience, or that kind of stupidity.

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.

Data Graham posted:

To be fair, somewhere in there he's actually getting to a genuine point, which is that he doesn't like having people relentlessly mock him and his art, even if it's loving mockery.

His reaction to this thread's attitude is understandable, even if it's delivered in that inimitable Lazerbot style.

SA's stated purpose is to point and laugh at things on the internet. If there's a substantive difference between that and "trolling", it's probably not detectable by someone who's the target of it. It's pretty silly to assume someone will just take it forever. Nobody has that kind of maturity, or that kind of resilience, or that kind of stupidity.

You nailed it on the head. Now I feel bad.

I don't want to the thread to close because, while I enjoy following the comic, I don't think I would bother following it on my own. If the thread dies, I won't get to see any future installments :(

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Data Graham posted:

This is kind of bullshit. If you don't want people to judge your work, don't post it publicly on the internet.

Seriously, that's life. If you can't handle criticism, you shouldn't show your work to people. Sorry.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

No, I'm fairly sure he means that lazerbot isn't stupid and can tell that we are usually being condescending and ironic even as we express positive opinions about the comic. This sort of subtle, often unintended mockery is probably what's making him so angry. There's no real solution since that's just what Something Awful does, even when we discuss things we like, and particularly when the thing we like is 'special' in the way that Tails Gets Trolled is. He needs to learn to ignore us if he can't accept that.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Data Graham posted:

It's certainly understandable and mostly justified, but he's looking at us through such thick troll-colored glasses that it's getting ridiculous. He's taking jokes like "Yeah, they're clearly Naruto rip-off fight scenes, geez. :colbert:" as serious examples of attempted insults, just because he has seemingly already decided everything we say must be an insult. We insult him somehow, therefore we hate him, therefore we want the comic to end. If we say otherwise it's because we're lying and that's that. For someone who's talked so much about us assuming things, it's too bad he can't question his own assumptions.

I can't fault him for being tired of mockery, but I do fault him for completely ignoring that we do actually like reading the comic. It seems he has been intentionally egged on to hate us by a few people on FB and elsewhere so I guess it's not surprising.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

UncleSmoothie posted:

Welp, so long guys. Time to unbookmark this thread.

Sounds like someone couldn't endure their karma :smug:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

post the comics you little autist

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Keep hope alive. :unsmith:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Stop whining like a Lazerboy, act like a Lazerman and finish your drat comic.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
We're almost on page 420. Lazerbot would be proud if he still liked us. :smith:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

quote:

well the internet bill is to dam high so the short story is ima lose motha loving internet for awhile, a side note don't believe anything said about me and when my internet craps out for awhile i just you hope you all have a nice day thanks again for thanks again for the support i will still get on the internet time to time from wifi from places like the library and other places, and the chapter is still in the process of being work on.

Did....did we win?

quote:

no you didn't win, my internet is running out that is a different issue.

I guess not :(

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 24, 2014

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

I dont take Insults lightly

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
I commissioned a piece of TGT fanart like 6 months ago as a backer reward for a kickstarter. In a couple days, I'llwe'll see it for the first time.

Hang on to your butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Nah, we won. He no longer has access to post his sick unintelligible SA burns, meanwhile I'm perfectly free to post about what a talentless looking fox he is.