Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jovial_cynic
Aug 19, 2005

The korean text above the English is pronounced "smoke yuhn-yook (fish paste) ham." So it's even more weird for Koreans to read it, as two of the korean words aren't actually korean words.

Although, the English word "ham" is basically a part of the korean language.

jovial_cynic has a new favorite as of 04:10 on Jan 22, 2014

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly

xoFcitcrA posted:

Wow. 4 minutes to a reasonable, rational solution to the mystery. Excellent work!

Won't stop us from talking about it for the next two pages.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

No offense, but I think that's kinda cool and very well-made. Sure, it's a sign of our technologically-dependent times, but what isn't these days?

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Command Ant posted:

The best part is that there only seems to be one toilet paper dispenser, meaning that the person using the toilet on the right is either going to have to ask the other person to get some for him, or they're going to have to lean over and reach for it.

Maybe it was designed for married couples. :shrug:

Like that "Love Toilet" fake commercial Saturday Night Live did in the 1990s?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

^ Not true. The wheels are still on.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Penny Paper posted:

No offense, but I think that's kinda cool and very well-made. Sure, it's a sign of our technologically-dependent times, but what isn't these days?

And I bet it tastes like cake, which is the best part about cake.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

pigdog posted:

A toilet at one of the Sochi olympic facilities

Possibly one is a toilet and the other is a bidet.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I hope if I ever have a bidet installed I'll have the presence of mind to have it made visually distinguishable from the toilet because that's just asking for trouble.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Possibly one is a toilet and the other is a bidet.

I guess you never saw a bidet in your life? It does look a bit like a toilet but it's actually closer to a sink (it has a faucet and a drain).

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I guess you never saw a bidet in your life? It does look a bit like a toilet but it's actually closer to a sink (it has a faucet and a drain).

There's one in my bathroom, actually. I've seen some that look like a toilet that just have a water jet sort of inside near the bottom.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Penny Paper posted:

Like that "Love Toilet" fake commercial Saturday Night Live did in the 1990s?

Indeed. :D

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's one of these. And yes, kids do think it's a mini sink for them sometimes.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I've never understood how you're supposed to use them to be honest.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Soulex posted:

It's one of these. And yes, kids do think it's a mini sink for them sometimes.

Man, the way that faucet is set up, that thing looks like a tailbone fracture waiting to happen.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

pigdog posted:

For when you're so ill you don't know which end it'll come out of.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Penny Paper posted:

There is edible paper that they can print these things on. They do it all the time at donut shops (here in Canada at Tim Hortons they print local sports teams on donuts).

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

pigdog posted:

There isn't a single man alive that has pissed in just one of these.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Good Citizen posted:

Hell, stand on the garbage can lever with your foot, and go for the hat trick.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Maybe that's where he got 'em.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Good Citizen posted:

Specially built for :nws:this guy:nws: maybe?

Don't even try to pretend like you're not jealous, dudes :colbert:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wow, the president of Uruguay is a goon. Except old and successful.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

He's also loving awesome.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Not a viking posted:

I've never understood how you're supposed to use them to be honest.
My company's apartments in the Czech Republic have bidets that look just like the one in that image, except the end of the faucet pivots. My coworker and I argued about whether it was even possible to use it, so we googled some images to figure it out.

I tried it later (not after taking a poo poo), and I just ended up wet from rear end to knees. No idea what problem it's supposed to solve.

When I was a kid, one of my friends had a bidet that shot water directly upward. That one made sense, it basically blasted your rear end with water. That loving thing could hit the ceiling too.

edit: This is almost exactly what I'm talking about :

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Jan 22, 2014

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
I really don't understand why you'd need a bidet if you're the kind of human being who knows how to wipe his rear end properly.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Trips posted:

I really don't understand why you'd need a bidet if you're the kind of human being who knows how to wipe his rear end properly.

Besides then you'd still have to wipe unless you like having your pants become wet due to water rear end.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

While we're on the subject of dumb toilets, I present to you: the traditional German toilet.

The drain part? That's on the front. The part where you poo poo? It's a flat shelf.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Germans are fanatics about fecal inspection.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Apparently the idea is to lay down some toilet paper on the shelf (otherwise you'll end up with horrible poo poo streaks when you try to flush), then poop into that so you can look at it afterwards.

Which makes no sense to me, as I can look at my poop just fine in a regular toilet.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Drone posted:

While we're on the subject of dumb toilets, I present to you: the traditional German toilet.

The drain part? That's on the front. The part where you poo poo? It's a flat shelf.

I knew a crackpot guy who seriously thought that these toilets, and the obsession with poo, were the main reason why the Germans started two world wars. Somehow.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Azurrat posted:

Apparently the idea is to lay down some toilet paper on the shelf (otherwise you'll end up with horrible poo poo streaks when you try to flush), then poop into that so you can look at it afterwards.

Which makes no sense to me, as I can look at my poop just fine in a regular toilet.

Yeah but if you had a poop shelf and you did a poop in an interesting shape and you wanted to keep it for your collection you could grab it without getting your hand wet. Toilet water is gross.

It might be a valuable collectable poo!

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
This type of toilet was also a thing in USSR. Uhh, I guess at least you don't get water splash on your butt when you drop a bombshell?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
This again.
As a German I can confirm that the only time I saw one of those toilets (and a bidet coincidentally) was at my grandparents house which was built in like the fifties and never got renovated since.
So yeah. We moved past our desire to inspect our poo poo.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

I think the Brazilians are the reigning poo poo inspectors these days.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

OK Some Butt Stuff posted:

I think the Brazilians are the reigning poo poo inspectors these days.

It's where swap.avi was made wasn't it?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KozmoNaut posted:

He's also loving awesome.

This turns out to be pretty true.

Uruguayan President José Mujica has a well-earned reputation for a personal style that is assertively ... let us call it informal. It's part of the 78-year-old politician's practice of eschewing all trappings of power and status; he gives away most of his salary, lives in a small, one-bedroom apartment and drives an old VW Beetle instead of taking the customary limousine. He's often called "the world's poorest president," although the former guerrilla and Marxist resists the label. He's not a victim of poverty, after all; he's a political leader who cares deeply about economic inequality and is making an effort to lead by example.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...to-be-believed/

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If I remember correctly, my grandparents had a toilet like that when I was young. And yes, a bidet as well.

I don't know why people think it's a contemporary German thing. This is how urban legends get started. Let me try, the traditional American toilet:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Phlegmish posted:

If I remember correctly, my grandparents had a toilet like that when I was young. And yes, a bidet as well.

I don't know why people think it's a contemporary German thing. This is how urban legends get started. Let me try, the traditional American toilet:

Whoa, you people poop in buckets? I guess it's for the best you all left us in Europe long ago. We're better off without that.

• Locked thread