Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

1redflag posted:

Anything for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? The website is a little thin. Should I be buying new equipment and upgrading it, or should I just wait to pick it up in the field/quests? Any skills I "must" get for striders/mages/etc.?

I love this game and could go on and on about it, so I'll try to keep it brief: Most of the best equipment is found in chests, usually squirreled away in hard-to-reach or semi-hidden areas or at the far side of dungeon-type areas, typically near wherever you fight bosses. If you find yourself using a particular set of equipment a lot, by all means upgrade it; it usually doesn't break the bank and most of the items used up in the process are farmable. Some very high-level gear will use rare or unique reagents for their upgrades. These will usually be prohibitively expensive, so if you come up with some equipment that costs 400k to improve, maybe look into it.

Pick up all the core skills for every class you will conceivably use (read: all of them). Augments aren't very well described in-game, but typically augments that give you a multiplier are better, and get much better farther on, than flat additions which are more for new players. In particular: Hundred Kisses for daggers and Sixfold are great Strider skills. Anodyne is a must for mages, and Fire (early on) and Holy (later on) Boon are also wonderful to have.

And if you gently caress something up or miss something, don't worry too much. New Game + is essentially a complete reset on the world while you carry over all of your items, experience and and skills. If you haven't started playing yet, go borrow a vanilla copy of Dragon's Dogma and create a save file! as Dark Arisen gives enormous bonuses to existing characters, including the ability to fast-travel without using Ferrystones.

And enjoy this awesome game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Anything on Splinter Cell: Blacklist? Also when did this series become Tom Clancy's Mass Effect...?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nohman posted:

Anything on Splinter Cell: Blacklist? Also when did this series become Tom Clancy's Mass Effect...?

When the producers thought it'd make money. You have three ways to potentially do each mission;

• Ghost - You were never there, no-one saw you, no-one was harmed. Distractions (Noisemakers, etc) don't count as being seen, and you are allowed to knock people unconcious. You won't get quite as good a score for leaving everyone unharmed and unaware of your presence though. Oh and close doors as you go through them - Guards will notice and get suspicious (Windows are fine though)
  • Panther - Silent and deadly. They never knew you were there, until they found the bodies long after you were gone.
  • Assault - KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL! gently caress THE SILENCER, BREAK OUT THE ASSAULT RIFLE AND ANNOUNCE DEATH IS COMING FOR THEM! :black101:

The side-missions given by each character (save for Briggs, which are a full-blown co-op campaign) are each centered around one of these play styles. The two gadgets you want to get with your cash as soon as possible (save for some better suit parts that suit your preferred playstyle) are the fully-upgraded Crossbow and the Tri-Rotor. They're insanely useful regardless of however you plan to play.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Long shot, but anything for Valkyria Chronicles 3?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

theshim posted:

Long shot, but anything for Valkyria Chronicles 3?

You know how Fencers were the best things ever in 2? Now they kinda suck. Their shields are much smaller, so they barely block any damage now, and since they move so slowly they get absolutely torn apart by intercepting fire.

On the other hand, Snipers are amazing now. I can't remember if it was a thing in 2 (probably not), but they eventually get a branch of guns that shoot three times for a manageable accuracy trade off. Since intercepting fire does a lot more damage than in 2, they're super useful (especially for taking out the new enemy only armored soldiers).

If you want to take out a tank with infantry, the go-to order is now penetration. It should do the trick.

The class system has been revamped. Basically, use a person enough in battle and they'll promote, from their base class to Class Veteran to Class Elite. The promotions come with AP bonuses (for scouts), the potential to learn a new potential (:v:), and the ability to use certain branches of weapons. I.e, you can't use flamethrowers, grenade launchers, anti-armor sniper rifles, etc. until promotion.

On that note, flamethrowers have been nerfed. Only certain branches of Shocktrooper weapons let you equip flamethrowers with them, and they're universally worse than the ones which can't use flamethrowers. On top of that, flamethrowers are normally a two hit kill now.

There's a somewhat misleading tutorial message that seems to imply you now have the ability to appoint a character as a leader, for extra CP if they get deployed. You can't actually do this until later in the game, so if you can't find the option, you're not going crazy.

Everyone can change to any class now, but everyone has two classes they excel at. These aren't listed, but when you're in the class change menu, you'll see some clearly marked stat bonuses for these two classes.

You learn a high potential by learning either potential on each side of the high potential on the master table. Once you've done this, you need to look at the master table before you actually learn the skill.

In the mission briefing, make sure to check if the map has an enemy ace. The ace weapons are incredible some of the time (and inexplicably terrible some of the time, but that's beyond that point) so you'll want them. I'm talking 10 shot Scout weapons much stronger than any alternative, or a shocktrooper weapon with high accuracy, really high damage, and status effects.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
Anyone have anything for Monaco?

The story seems to be doing a decent job with tutorial type stuff, but there are a lot of things around levels that I feel like I should know about/know how to use properly and don't.

Also is there any reason to play as one character-type throughout, or can I just pick and choose as I see fit and not miss anything?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Brian Fellows posted:

Anyone have anything for Monaco?

The story seems to be doing a decent job with tutorial type stuff, but there are a lot of things around levels that I feel like I should know about/know how to use properly and don't.

Also is there any reason to play as one character-type throughout, or can I just pick and choose as I see fit and not miss anything?

The game is meant to be played co-op so each character can play off their strengths. If you're going alone then pick the character you have the best feel for.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

But really, find someone to co-op with.

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
Does anybody have any advice for Coin Crypt? I can not beat this game for the life of me.

Largejaroalmonds
Sep 25, 2007
Anyone have anything for Mario and Luigi Dream Team?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Ever have one of those days where you suddenly realize you accidentally unsubscribed from a thread in 2012?

Well, here are my responses to two questions that went unanswered since then:

Dav posted:

Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

I have the GOG version, if that matters. Any abilities that are particularly good/bad/interesting? Any fan patches recommended? Looking for mechanics info, mostly--I don't want to get invested in a character and then find out that ranged weapons are useless (or whatever).

Since it's a Black Isle SPECIAL game I assume Intelligence and Agility are great and Speech is a useful skill.
I assume given that this was six months ago that you do not still need help, but in case this helps someone else out--Lionheart is a Black Isle SPECIAL game, but it was also clearly not finished, and if you create the character you assume will do well in such a game (as I did, Mr. Charisma And Speech) you will be flatly unable to complete the game. Combat NPCs do not scale in level seemingly ever, so they will be killed instantly by monsters an area or two after you find them, and if you cannot pick up the slack then you will just die over and over again until you go crazy or cheat to win a game for the first time as I did.

RatHat posted:

Anything for Penumbra: Overture?
The best thing I can think of is that a lot of walkthroughs I looked at claimed that trying to fight was always a bad idea, but I feel like if you are even half-way decent at FPSs then you should be able to kill the mundane enemies pretty easily, at least until later in the game where ... well. Different enemies.

Also if I recall correctly I never would have actually succeeded in getting past a few mid-game sections without a walkthrough though I also am terrible with timing-based puzzles.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I'm starting ACIV: Black Flag tomorrow. Can someone tell me what I need to know or should keep in mind? (And can someone add that page to the wiki so I can easily go back and peep it!)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I'm starting ACIV: Black Flag tomorrow. Can someone tell me what I need to know or should keep in mind? (And can someone add that page to the wiki so I can easily go back and peep it!)

The story gets kinda tedious now and then, so when you get bored, just sail the high seas and pirate poo poo. It's a lot of fun to mix it up with a bunch of ships and don't feel like you ever HAVE to do anything.

That said, there's a set of quests to unlock two bits of armor which are both pretty good.

-If you do all the major assassin missions (the assassin symbols, not the skulls) you get armor at your manor that is 25% damage reduction
-If you collect all the mayan stele's (which isn't as hard as you think), you get armor that basically ignores being shot at which can be super useful.
-When you can, always go after a shanty, they're great and add to the experience. On the same note, don't feel like you have to get every animus shard unless you're a masochist because some of them are dumb.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Elendil004 posted:

The story gets kinda tedious now and then, so when you get bored, just sail the high seas and pirate poo poo. It's a lot of fun to mix it up with a bunch of ships and don't feel like you ever HAVE to do anything.

That said, there's a set of quests to unlock two bits of armor which are both pretty good.

-If you do all the major assassin missions (the assassin symbols, not the skulls) you get armor at your manor that is 25% damage reduction
-If you collect all the mayan stele's (which isn't as hard as you think), you get armor that basically ignores being shot at which can be super useful.
-When you can, always go after a shanty, they're great and add to the experience. On the same note, don't feel like you have to get every animus shard unless you're a masochist because some of them are dumb.

For the steles, note that some of them aren't actually available until towards the end of the game, so don't expect to be able to wear that armor until later on in the story. Basically, if you find yourself in a position where you feel like you've found them all and can't figure out which drat ones you're missing, don't worry, you aren't crazy, they just aren't on your map and aren't accessible yet.

The assassin mission armor, however, you can get as soon as those missions become available (it will be obvious; the game will literally show you the armor and say "hey go do these missions to unlock it").

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Thanks! I actually went back through the thread and found some other stuff; I'm far too lazy to go through the rigamarole of getting contributor access to the wiki so I'm just gonna post it here for your and my future reference and someone can copy it there at their leisure:

Hannibal Smith posted:

If you're not able to find the naval contract questgiver in one of the forts in the southwest part of the map, it's not a glitch. After you complete all of the other contracts the final one will be available there.

Mokinokaro posted:

Sea shanties are just for fun (as in your crew will sing)
Animus fragments don't really do anything (except count towards the abstergo challenges that unlock some fun cheat codes for when you do replays)
Treasure maps are mostly a way to get money, though there are some relics (appear at your base once you get it) and ship customization items buried

The two I highly recommend are All the assassination contracts as they unlock a rather sweet pair of pistols and The diving missions since you find the final upgrade plans for each part of your ship during them. Both of these are fun to do as well as a bonus.

Note: if you get an assassination target who is on a boat: DO NOT BOARD ANY OTHER SHIPS UNTIL IT IS COMPLETE. There is a bug that can make your target vanish and therefore the contract unable to be completed.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I have some GTA V questions:

What are the properties to stay away from? I will most likely end up buying the ones that have achievements associated with them, so I'm looking for advice on any other ones that have fun activities/missions or make me more money than they cost within a reasonable amount of time, etc.

Also I'm unclear on how buying the same property with multiple characters works. If I complete an activity for a property on one character does that make money for any other characters that own the same property?

Will I ever be able to track the collectibles like the UFO parts, letter scraps, etc. on my map?

Lastly, is there any point from a completion percentage perspective to completing the same activities like the shooting range or the flight school on multiple characters?

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

owl_pellet posted:

Will I ever be able to track the collectibles like the UFO parts, letter scraps, etc. on my map?
Check the bottom of this page:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

owl_pellet posted:

Lastly, is there any point from a completion percentage perspective to completing the same activities like the shooting range or the flight school on multiple characters?
No, not unless you want to do it to better their stats.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

owl_pellet posted:

What are the properties to stay away from? I will most likely end up buying the ones that have achievements associated with them, so I'm looking for advice on any other ones that have fun activities/missions or make me more money than they cost within a reasonable amount of time, etc.

None of the properties will get you a profit unless you're playing the game for like 100+ hours after purchasing them. Which you won't.

quote:

Also I'm unclear on how buying the same property with multiple characters works. If I complete an activity for a property on one character does that make money for any other characters that own the same property?

Only one character can own a given property. Once you've bought something with one dude, it can't be bought by anyone else. Only the purchasing character gets weekly income from it.

quote:

Finally I have something positive to say. Check out the rockstar social club website thing. If you look at the map on your particular user profile, it will show you collected / uncollected items on the map.

quote:

No idea.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
If youre going to play GTA V the most important thing you need to know is to jump, then press B (or circle) midair to ragdoll your character and make them fall into stuff.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

owl_pellet posted:

The only property really worth buying is the sonar collections one. You can make your money back on that one pretty quickly. However, don't do the michael stranger mission at that pier as it is a waste of time.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Thanks! I actually went back through the thread and found some other stuff; I'm far too lazy to go through the rigamarole of getting contributor access to the wiki so I'm just gonna post it here for your and my future reference and someone can copy it there at their leisure:

I have added these to the wiki.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Thanks everyone for the GTA 5 stuff.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Centipeed posted:

I have added these to the wiki.

Thank you!

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
Any advice for Eador - Masters of The Broken World ? Wiki came up empty.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Kalenden posted:

Any advice for Eador - Masters of The Broken World ? Wiki came up empty.
There's a lot to say, but off the top of my head..
- The strategic game rewards aggressiveness. As the time goes on, your opponents research and hire more and more bigger and stronger guard units, so the faster you can win a map the better. Treat an enemy capturing a nearby province not as "oh they took it, so I can't go there, that's where the border is" but as a chance to strike while they're still weak. At the very least, if you wish to enjoy exploring and stuff in peace, you can capture the provinces around the enemy capital and surround them with your best guard units.
- Enemy heroes will annoyingly run away when facing a superior force, but they can't run away when they're sieging. Set up Forts, with at least 1 cheap unit in the garrison, as "hero traps".
- Ranged units on hills shoot 1 hex further. Units in forests take only 50% damage from ranged attacks. Units in swamp take more damage.
- Knight is perhaps the strongest hero class all around, especially early on. You can level up defense to make yourself pretty invulnerable to early game low tier units. Scouts have utility and are pretty good at killing enemy heroes. Mages are best with good gear and spells, Commanders are best with large armies later.
- You can kill dragons pretty easily with a level 10 Scout/Sharpshooter. Level penetration and double shot at level 10, preferrably use a crossbow, fill your army with level 1 Healers as meatshields. You'll kill the dragon easily for great loot. Dragon cults are significantly harder though.

pigdog fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 23, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Something I think should be added to the wiki entry on Fallout: Tactics:

Burst weapons fired at long range will probably miss. However, if there's another person within the "cone" of burst spread right next to the person the burst was aimed at, there's a good chance they'll get hit. Conclusion - when facing enemies with strong burst weapons, have your party spread out. And on the contrary, feel free to fire a burst at a bunch of enemies clumped together at long distance - at least some of them will get hit.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

Note: if you get an assassination target who is on a boat: DO NOT BOARD ANY OTHER SHIPS UNTIL IT IS COMPLETE. There is a bug that can make your target vanish and therefore the contract unable to be completed.

This actually got patched a few months back, so don't worry about it.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I've added the Eador tips, added the Fallout: Tactics tip, and removed the tip about the bug in Black Flag.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

You know how Fencers were the best things ever in 2? Now they kinda suck. Their shields are much smaller, so they barely block any damage now, and since they move so slowly they get absolutely torn apart by intercepting fire.

On the other hand, Snipers are amazing now. I can't remember if it was a thing in 2 (probably not), but they eventually get a branch of guns that shoot three times for a manageable accuracy trade off. Since intercepting fire does a lot more damage than in 2, they're super useful (especially for taking out the new enemy only armored soldiers).

If you want to take out a tank with infantry, the go-to order is now penetration. It should do the trick.

The class system has been revamped. Basically, use a person enough in battle and they'll promote, from their base class to Class Veteran to Class Elite. The promotions come with AP bonuses (for scouts), the potential to learn a new potential (:v:), and the ability to use certain branches of weapons. I.e, you can't use flamethrowers, grenade launchers, anti-armor sniper rifles, etc. until promotion.

On that note, flamethrowers have been nerfed. Only certain branches of Shocktrooper weapons let you equip flamethrowers with them, and they're universally worse than the ones which can't use flamethrowers. On top of that, flamethrowers are normally a two hit kill now.

There's a somewhat misleading tutorial message that seems to imply you now have the ability to appoint a character as a leader, for extra CP if they get deployed. You can't actually do this until later in the game, so if you can't find the option, you're not going crazy.

Everyone can change to any class now, but everyone has two classes they excel at. These aren't listed, but when you're in the class change menu, you'll see some clearly marked stat bonuses for these two classes.

You learn a high potential by learning either potential on each side of the high potential on the master table. Once you've done this, you need to look at the master table before you actually learn the skill.

In the mission briefing, make sure to check if the map has an enemy ace. The ace weapons are incredible some of the time (and inexplicably terrible some of the time, but that's beyond that point) so you'll want them. I'm talking 10 shot Scout weapons much stronger than any alternative, or a shocktrooper weapon with high accuracy, really high damage, and status effects.
This has been immensely helpful. Also holy hell interception fire hurts now :ohdear: And Sniper Elites got the three-shot rifles in 2, which were nice, although I'm finding myself using Snipers the same way I did in 2 - pop out of a base, plug a fool in the head, standby. It's nice to not have to standby everyone all the time with the 9-man limit, though!

A couple quick questions:

-Around how many times am I using people before they promote? Will they only promote in the class they've been used in (I assume class changing them will start them at zero)? I'm around the end of chapter 3, I've only reclassed one person (to Sniper) and no one's promoted yet. Do Free Battles count for this? Is it based solely on end-of-battle bonuses, or turns moved, or something else?
-Is it just me, or is the Master Table identical for everyone? As in everyone has the exact same class potentials, class for class? I'll be sad if that's the case, the different class potentials made some units far more interesting or powerful in 2 (hello Max vs Personnel/Armor).

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

theshim posted:

This has been immensely helpful. Also holy hell interception fire hurts now :ohdear: And Sniper Elites got the three-shot rifles in 2, which were nice, although I'm finding myself using Snipers the same way I did in 2 - pop out of a base, plug a fool in the head, standby. It's nice to not have to standby everyone all the time with the 9-man limit, though!

A couple quick questions:

-Around how many times am I using people before they promote? Will they only promote in the class they've been used in (I assume class changing them will start them at zero)? I'm around the end of chapter 3, I've only reclassed one person (to Sniper) and no one's promoted yet. Do Free Battles count for this? Is it based solely on end-of-battle bonuses, or turns moved, or something else?
-Is it just me, or is the Master Table identical for everyone? As in everyone has the exact same class potentials, class for class? I'll be sad if that's the case, the different class potentials made some units far more interesting or powerful in 2 (hello Max vs Personnel/Armor).

People take a while to promote, since VC3 is a long game. 20 chapters, to be exact. Also, yeah, you only promote in the class you're using. As for how it's counted, pay attention to the post battle menus. There's a screen that'll show everybody who was deployed in the battle, with Skill Level Up next to most of them. Anyone who actually contributes (kills an enemy, captures a base, etc.) will get the Skill Level Up next to them. I'm not sure how much each action is worth (or if there's caps per battle or anything), but this basically functions as exp towards promotion. I don't think you can see anywhere how close or far you are from promotion, which is dumb.

The Master table is identical, yeah. The individualization mainly comes from Character Potentials, as well as the time investment towards unlocking high potentials. (To be honest I barely learned any high potentials, because I didn't want to change my Elite character back to a base class. I only ever learned the one that required the Shocktrooper Elite and normal Scout potentials, as well as the one that required Scout Elite and Fencer.)

On that note, I kinda want to point out that the Shocktrooper Elite/Scout high potential is nowhere near as good as it sounds. It makes every hit count as if it were a head shot, but it procs when you fire, not at the start of your turn. So it's only ever effective in very rare situations where you can't hit the head, but it's still worth attacking the body instead of just grenading a sandbag and then headshotting the next turn.

e: Oh, and even if Snipers had the three shot weapons before, they're still way better here then ever before. The balance changes means popping out of a base and killing someone is frequently the most practical way of killing someone - since a Shocktrooper might not make the kill and die on the counter while fencers will just die before they get anywhere.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 24, 2014

theshim
May 1, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

On that note, I kinda want to point out that the Shocktrooper Elite/Scout high potential is nowhere near as good as it sounds. It makes every hit count as if it were a head shot, but it procs when you fire, not at the start of your turn. So it's only ever effective in very rare situations where you can't hit the head, but it's still worth attacking the body instead of just grenading a sandbag and then headshotting the next turn.
Hrm. Does it always proc, or is it as random, and therefore useless to rely on, as most potentials? Honestly the best thing about the Max vs. potentials in 2 was simply the fact that they were always on. Are there any similar ones in 3?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

theshim posted:

Hrm. Does it always proc, or is it as random, and therefore useless to rely on, as most potentials? Honestly the best thing about the Max vs. potentials in 2 was simply the fact that they were always on. Are there any similar ones in 3?

It's random, but that reminds me of something else I forgot to mention. Again, I can't recall if this was in 2, but throughout every battle there's a morale meter ranging from 0 to 6. It goes up as you kill people and conquer bases, and goes down as your bases get conquered and your guys get killed. At higher morale, you have better chances of having a potential activate.

Also no, there are no always on potentials. Maybe they always activate at Max Morale? I've never held onto it long enough to find out.

One more thing that just came to me. Kurt, Imca and Riela all have special moves they can use for one SP. The way SP works is that you get a set amount at the start of each battle (somewhere between 1 and 3) and they're non renewable.

theshim
May 1, 2012

The morale meter was in 2, although it increases waaaay slower now, and decreases pretty fast if people start dying.

I've already got Kurt's SP ability, and moving three people for 1 CP would be utterly amazing if not for the fact that the APC does that but farther and safer :v: Still, good to know that I might end up using the SP, I haven't touched it yet.

Thanks for all the help! :buddy:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anything for Dungeon Siege 3 that's not already in the wiki? I'm mostly interested in the gunslinger woman character...Katarina, I think?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

theshim posted:

Regarding Valkyria Chronicles 3 ranking up:
https://valkyriachronicles3.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/how-to-rank-up-your-classes/

Note, this is quite difficult to read. Bizarrely so even. Rather, pay attention to the last part.

To level up Imca, Riela and Kurt quite easily early on, play the one of the first free missions "APC training". Have the character you want to level up in the class you want them to level up and clear the maps and capture everything with them every time and after 2 or 3 map clears, they should rank up to Veteran, and then repeat for Elite. This will take a long time with Techs and such, but it's great for Shocktroopers and Scouts.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Anything I should know before playing Nethergate: Resurrection?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Is there anything I should know about Forza 4 before playing, such as fast ways to earn money or the best cars to use?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anything I should know about Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD? I've beaten the original before, I'm just curious as to anything Final ReMix changes or adds. Oh and anything for the two side-games included with KH1 on it.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anything I should know about Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD? I've beaten the original before, I'm just curious as to anything Final ReMix changes or adds. Oh and anything for the two side-games included with KH1 on it.

KHFM:
1. Proud mode will be harder (read: less fair) than you think.
2. If you're like me and expect to get Second Chance, don't pick the rod or you won't get it until level 90.
3. On a similar note, don't sacrifice the rod. You can craft permanent stat boosts to make up for lost strength/defense from sacrificing the shield/sword, but you'll never get the MP back that you lost from dropped the rod. Additionally, 1 MP has a larger impact than the few points of Strength or Defense
4. Don't underestimate magic. Spells tend to hit quite a bit harder than melee, Stop is pretty awesome against crowds, Aero cuts incoming damage in half, and with enough MP, Gravity can go ahead and garunteed one-shot a good chunk of enemies in the game.
5. Also, stuff like Stun Impact and Ripple Drive are awesome AoE combo finishers that base their damage on MP.

Re:CoM:
1. Of the three things you can raise at level up, HP is the least important.
2. Don't be afraid to use sleights liberally
3. Sonic Blade is the best attack Sora gets
4. Backload your deck with Zeroes when fighting bosses so you can easily break their sleights.
5. Hold onto a blue #1 map card for the end of the game. You'll need one there but this type of card in particular is more common in the early game areas.
6. Always scavenge rooms thoroughly for moogle points. There's no other way to get them (that I remember anyway)

358/2 Days is a game's story condensed into a movie-esque format.

That's all I got off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
What should I know before playing Metro: Last Light? I have all of the DLC.