Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jacteh
Jul 10, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

As far as I know, the only racing organization that mandates a specific exit time from a burning car is the SCTA at Bonneville, etc. Is there any others out there that specify you have to get out of a car unassisted in a certain amount of time or else you aren't cleared to race?

V8Supercar:

D3.10 Cockpit Exit Time
3.10.1 The Driver seated in a normal position at the wheel, wearing his complete racing
equipment and with his safety belts fastened, must be able to exit the cockpit in 7
seconds through the door on his side and in 12 seconds through the opposite door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

It's probably the weight and added complexity of those devices that kept him away. It's easier to package and hide the weight in a touring car or GT car versus a single-seater.

Although in WTCC he did have to run 30kg heavier than the field because of the sequential gearbox rules of the time.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Daytona 24 quals coming up in a few minutes

http://www.livescoring.us/scoring.php

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

As far as I know, the only racing organization that mandates a specific exit time from a burning car is the SCTA at Bonneville, etc. Is there any others out there that specify you have to get out of a car unassisted in a certain amount of time or else you aren't cleared to race?

I remember Ralf Schumacher (I think?) getting his qualifying times disallowed for a session at the British GP one year, because he wasn't able to get out of the car in the allotted time in an impromptu inspection.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Top 6 in GTD within a tenth. Dang.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So the Delta Wing is the top non-DP car.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Heard a bunch of the P2 cars had problems and probably more look at Muscle Milk's time. I've seen a lot of people going ape poo poo even though they aren't too far off. Honestly only hope is surviving the race and the new engines and so forth don't live on the DPs.

Knew GTD was going to be close as hell. That's going to be a fist fight from start to finish.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Well theres also the issue of fuel consumption. P2 are going to make less stops with the lighter car and less HP, especially compared to the Vette which is gonna be a burn machine with the new power.

Also that the P2 cars are gonna murder the DPs come Sebring.

Whole thing is really complicated and I'm glad I'm not the one setting the BoP regs.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/gtd-polesitter-fails-tech-others-penalized-after-inspection/

GTD polesitter fails tech inspection, as do others.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
US TV Schedule for this weekend's Rolex 24 at Daytona

Saturday, Jan. 25
2-4 p.m. ET on FOX (Live)
4-9 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 2 (Live)

Overnight (Jan. 25-26)
9 p.m. – 7 a.m. ET on IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)

Sunday, Jan. 26
7 a.m. – 3 p.m. on FOX Sports 1 (Live)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I work from 4-9 on Saturday, but other then that I'm gonna try to watch the whole thing. Anyone else going the loving insane route?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Personperson14 posted:

I work from 4-9 on Saturday, but other then that I'm gonna try to watch the whole thing. Anyone else going the loving insane route?
I try like every year, but the beer normally gets to me around 3am.

Also I don't get Fox Sports 2, so I'm gonna miss 5 hours regardless. It's only in one package on my Fios, and its the SECOND best tier... I pay for the top tier, and don't get it. Thanks Verizon.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Cygni posted:

Also I don't get Fox Sports 2, so I'm gonna miss 5 hours regardless. It's only in one package on my Fios, and its the SECOND best tier... I pay for the top tier, and don't get it. Thanks Verizon.

I'm sure that's something that could be fixed in #NASCAR. :ssh:

E - And at least you have the option to buy it. loving Comcast doesn't even have it at all.

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 25, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'd just like to point out how hilarious it is that #nascar is the home of Daytona 24h, Le Mans, and Bathurst.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

I'd just like to point out how hilarious it is that #nascar is the home of Daytona 24h, Le Mans, and Bathurst.

petition that we move our IRC channel to #tintops.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

#spurtscars

im spurtin'

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Apparently today's Conti race, the overall winner had their win stripped and a woman has won at Daytona overall for the first time. Sorry Danica.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/fall-line-promoted-to-daytona-gs-win/

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

BMB5150 posted:

Apparently today's Conti race, the overall winner had their win stripped and a woman has won at Daytona overall for the first time. Sorry Danica.

And her co-driver is Reba McEntire's son.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

BMB5150 posted:

Even Milka Duno has a podium finish at Daytona.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Milka qualifying at the back and leaving Andy Wallace to play real life Daytona USA and get back to the front was always one of my favorite things about Grand Am.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2YNnrhwPLI

At least rep the SASCAR version :colbert:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CactusWeasle posted:

Even Milka Duno has a podium finish at Daytona.

She even has a win as well at Homestead... actually 2 because they had 2 races at Homestead in 04. I have to feel sorry for the Franchitti's who drove with her for 2 consecutive Rolex 24s in the mid-2000s.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

That's the wrong video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcaT-mS2JNM

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The pre-race show for the Rolex 24 is on Fox Sports 2. Tommy Kendall is one of announcers, so the commentary should be better than usual.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Bunch of us are in irc on #nascar. I remember last year ended up whatbot saying me and pnut would go gay for each other.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

BMB5150 posted:

Bunch of us are in irc on #nascar. I remember last year ended up whatbot saying me and pnut would go gay for each other.

a smart bot

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

BMB5150 posted:

Sadly he's been down all week and his maintainer is incommunicado.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

A lot of great pictures are going to come from this race.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
This coverage is horseshit, why do they keep showing boring interviews and not the race.

Edit: Back to 10 seconds of racing then commercials! You might never know racing was taking place.

Uncle Jam fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 25, 2014

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Holy gently caress, I hope that driver survived.

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
Oh my God...

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Red flag, no replays, no closeups.

None of these are a good sign :(

doughboy1013
Apr 4, 2011
I'm real nervous about this one...

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
That was absolutely horrific, I haven't shuttered like that since Dario's accident.

I'm sure the sun was directly in his eyes and blam...

KingShibby fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 25, 2014

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

Tekne posted:

Holy gently caress, I hope that driver survived.

That was loving horrific. :(

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

Jesus Christ, the ads cannot possibly be more inappropriate.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is radio lemans not doing commentary for this?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

:nws: https://vine.co/v/Muutqh1hnZl :nws:

That collision was absolutely brutal. According to twitter, both drivers have been talking to their crews, so this could have been a lot worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

bald and fail II posted:

Is radio lemans not doing commentary for this?

No they aren't. They're fans are making it very clear they want them.

But jesus that crash. This is not how we want to start the 2014 racing season.

• Locked thread