Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Daric posted:

I've just started playing this game. I'm using the Volt frame and the basic primary gun. What's the next gun/bow I should look to move to after the first rifle? I have 30,000 of whatever the non-platinum money is called so there's a few things I can get the blueprints for.

The Braton can be bought for, I think, 25k credits and is a strictly better version of the starting gun. The Karak is a good general purpose rifle, but you need to buy the blueprints and build it, rather than just buying it outright, so it will take you at least 24 hours to get. I think Paris/Paris Prime are generally considered the best bows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there really no way to restore all of your ammo for a given weapon at once any more? I built some of the team ammo restores, but they just put down these dumb pads that add a bit of ammo at a time, and end up not restoring all of my ammo anyway.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

There isn't, but past a certain point you shouldn't really be needing to use ammo restores much, if at all. Just swap weapons and kill dudes with that while gathering ammo for whatever you were using before.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

hooah posted:

Is there really no way to restore all of your ammo for a given weapon at once any more? I built some of the team ammo restores, but they just put down these dumb pads that add a bit of ammo at a time, and end up not restoring all of my ammo anyway.

Yeah, someone on the dev team wanted to make ammo meaningful but instead they just made it annoying. See also: stamina, nightmare mode, bosses, infested missions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So for this Cicero Crisis thing... I read the wiki entry and I get the scanning bit... so all I need to do is score over 100 points one time at some point in the next 11 days to get the Wraith Twin Vipers?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

There isn't, but past a certain point you shouldn't really be needing to use ammo restores much, if at all. Just swap weapons and kill dudes with that while gathering ammo for whatever you were using before.

Wraith Twin Vipers kind of breaks that pattern, unfortunately.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Dude you are way too late. Cicero event has finished.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Carecat posted:

Not on PS4.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Carecat posted:

Not for PS4, it just started.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I'm really just getting started with this, but I'd like to hop in on the PS4 clan if possible. PSN name is forums name and in the goon database.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
In that case, yes! Either four players with 25 point injectors or at least one player with a 100 point injector. More than 100 has no difference.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I finally decided to spend some of my starting plat on a potato for my Excalibur 20 warframe, which turned out to be a great decision. I also maxed out my Slash Dash ability and was able to stick on some Power Efficiency and Max Power mods, which has totally opened the game up in a big way. I'm suddenly able to decimate massive groups of enemies and everything is a lot more fun.

I'm tempted to blow some cash on a Sentinel, but the platinum seems a bit over priced on the PS4 version. Does it ever go on sale?

I've also got a few T1 keys, although I'm not how tough these missions are and don't wanna waste the keys, any advice there?

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

If you fail a Void Mission the key isn't consumed, go hog wild!

(Also T1 Void should be pretty easy if you have a 20 potatoed frame and weapons modded to match)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Carecat posted:

In that case, yes! Either four players with 25 point injectors or at least one player with a 100 point injector. More than 100 has no difference.

This is really goddamn tedious scanning all these drat plants.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Fuzz posted:

This is really goddamn tedious scanning all these drat plants.

It's a poo poo event but the prizes are good.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Someone add me to the clan on PS4. My name is: Darikashi

Be forewarned, I have no idea what I'm doing

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Carrier or Dethcube?

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

denereal visease posted:

Carrier or Dethcube?

Carrier. A thousand times carrier.

All sentinels pale in comparison.

That said, Shade is pretty viable, lord knows lucky ghost procs have save my rear end.

Deathcube is only good for his weapon, which is still worse than carrier's.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Blah, 3 days in a row of weapon xp for the login reward.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Doji Sekushi posted:

Carrier. A thousand times carrier.

All sentinels pale in comparison.

That said, Shade is pretty viable, lord knows lucky ghost procs have save my rear end.

Deathcube is only good for his weapon, which is still worse than carrier's.

Nah, Deathcube's Vaporize is pretty good. 600 Radiation damage will kill most enemies in one shot, and it stuns anything that it doesn't instakill, which is fantastic for boss fights.

Put Sweeper (the Carrier shotty) on Deathcube or Djinn, and you get a fantastic offensive sentinel. Doubly so for Djinn with a Coolant Leak mod and Sweeper.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ullerrm posted:

Nah, Deathcube's Vaporize is pretty good. 600 Radiation damage will kill most enemies in one shot, and it stuns anything that it doesn't instakill, which is fantastic for boss fights.

Put Sweeper (the Carrier shotty) on Deathcube or Djinn, and you get a fantastic offensive sentinel. Doubly so for Djinn with a Coolant Leak mod and Sweeper.

Vacuum, though.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Patware posted:

Vacuum, though.

This.

I don't need more stinking dps.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Energy Siphon

E-Prime. 50 minutes.

Go go go.

EnochSuplex
Sep 26, 2004

Foxy!
Need a clan invite on the ps4. Name is MyBigBlackCup.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Vriess posted:

Energy Siphon

E-Prime. 50 minutes.

Go go go.

I swear to god if this is a PS4 alert I'm gonna stab you.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

EnochSuplex posted:

Need a clan invite on the ps4. Name is MyBigBlackCup.

Also need an invite for the ps4 clan. my psn name is garking999.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

randombattle posted:

I swear to god if this is a PS4 alert I'm gonna stab you.

It's not. PC has had cash farming going strong all day as well on Mars.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Gotta shill for the Wyrm again. Knocking anything short of bosses flat on their asses is drat helpful, doubly so in mobile/defense/survival. Slap the shotty for best results.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
What's the best way to acquire the Split Shot/Barrel Diffusion/Hell's Chamber mods?

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Kaldaris posted:

What's the best way to acquire the Split Shot/Barrel Diffusion/Hell's Chamber mods?

Ask someone in the clan for a spare. Really.

I don't care what anyone says, or whatever "evidence" they might have, those mods do not exist in the wild and actively looking for them will drive you insane :colbert:

More seriously though, I'd start on 20/40 min Tier 3 (level >20) Survival rewards if you really want to go for it, but according to the wiki you only have a 6.67% chance of getting a multishot mod. Some specific mobs/bosses also have a chance to drop them but the chance is even lower. Like I said, ask a goon for a spare and when you stumble upon one in the future pass it along to someone else in need.

Baroud
Jul 15, 2005
Need an invite to the PS4 clan, my PSN name is YBaroud.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Kaldaris posted:

Run defense and survival for 100 hours, get frustrated, give up, buy them at players market.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Many thanks to Einwand for helping me get Split Chamber.

You rock.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I just installed the game, I believe there is to be a proper tutorial now? The game seems to remember my progress for playing it for like 30 minutes in the Beta and I am not quite sure how to access the tutorial? I have managed to fludge through the first few levels but the proper tutorial would help.

Also since I noticed the shop says half off all Platinum I bought some and picked up the Saryn frame(since the Rhino one everyone is gaga about is apparently gated by your level I could not purchase it). I got about 800 platinum left is there any good beginner frames/weapons I should pick up?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
What does using Fusion Cores on your mods do?

I maxed out Shock, so is it doing more damage now or what? How would that work with stuff that gives you like 40% more vitality?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Evil Canadian posted:

I just installed the game, I believe there is to be a proper tutorial now? The game seems to remember my progress for playing it for like 30 minutes in the Beta and I am not quite sure how to access the tutorial? I have managed to fludge through the first few levels but the proper tutorial would help.

Also since I noticed the shop says half off all Platinum I bought some and picked up the Saryn frame(since the Rhino one everyone is gaga about is apparently gated by your level I could not purchase it). I got about 800 platinum left is there any good beginner frames/weapons I should pick up?

Volt's the best deal and the only one I've bought with plat. Apart from that, if you've got the time, things aren't really that expensive to or difficult to make.

Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Formas are usually the best things to get for plat.

I reccomend a Karak if you really must spend your plat on something.

Daric posted:

What does using Fusion Cores on your mods do?

I maxed out Shock, so is it doing more damage now or what? How would that work with stuff that gives you like 40% more vitality?

Fusion Cores add experience into your mods. Use them wisely! (And don't sell them)

The Wiki will tell you the changes to leveling up abilities. (Generally yes, more damage.)

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Evil Canadian posted:

Volt and Loki are both very good frames (as in, they only pale in comparison to Rhino and Nova) and only 75 plat normally and you get them with warframe slot and potato. The other warframes are not really worth spending plat on considering they're not that hard to get, *EXCEPT* Vauban. Warframes that are low on priority to get: Necros, Valkyr, Ash, Banshee, Ember until DE buffed them a bit.

Buy the Braton (with credits) as soon as possible to replace your lovely MK-1 Braton. If you *must* spend plat, get the Karak. It's a very good rifle that will last you until you can get the Soma. Otherwise keep your plat for warframe and weapon slots and cosmetic stuff like the scarf and colors.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Evil Canadian posted:

To access the tutorial again click your profile button on the top left. If you're valid for a test it'll ask if you want to do that, say no, and then it'll show your stats. On the left hand of your stats it'll show a button to do tutorial.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
After running through the wiki I'm still confused about gathering certain resources, mostly the standard common ones and such. There's some ideal places listed but I'm not far enough long to reach 'em, and I think I need to grind up more experience with my warframe/equipment/mods before proceeding onto the what I'm guessing are higher ranked planet mission. I just ran a couple of the beginner missions again in hopes of some polymer bundles and I've yet to get any via mission success or from enemies/boxes. Am I on the right track here?

It sounds like some mission types are better for getting mods, so I've gotten quite a few doing those. This game is proving a fun time waster over remote play, although the controls are a real struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Some resources are just naturally rarer than others in some planets (or full stop), but you've got the right idea; break containers, open lockers and kill people to get at them. You'll know it's a resource pick up when you see a yellow cake-tin like object, grab it and finish the mission and you get the goods (there's also blue cake-tins, but those are clan-research specific resources and not as important for you right now).

The only missions that specifically give out resources as mission completion rewards are alerts that pop up sporadically anywhere on the galaxy map rather than the normal nodes; if you're in need of a certain resource, say in clan chat and I'm sure you'll get a hand on a specific resource alert if it comes up (bearing in mind that access to these alerts is unlocked by going from planet to planet and opening up the nodes as you would an ordinary mission, so sometimes you may have to ask to join someone else's alert run if you can't access it yourself, you'll still get the resource that way).