Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Tomn posted:

(If we're going to try and laugh it off, I recommend working this line in here somewhere - "Come now, my good knife - I know the king of Ibleam is a tyrant, but he is not THAT bad!")

Actually heck yeah, genuine +1 for this. It's funny enough to me (and hopefully to NPCs, since they seemed to like "Balls of Labaras") that we can get away with excusing ourselves from an obviously lovely start to the trip.

If we come back broke having wasted our time people will blame Enkidel for choosing to follow a stupid knife. But if we change direction and we don't have much luck people can't really argue that there would have been more monsters on the Ibleam road.

Captain Mediocre fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Tomn posted:

(If we're going to try and laugh it off, I recommend working this line in here somewhere - "Come now, my good knife - I know the king of Ibleam is a tyrant, but he is not THAT bad!")

Haha, I dig that too!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We'd have to follow this road for a day or two anyway if we went to harpy town right? So lets just go for now, then re-spin and rig it if needed at the turnoff.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. You...

B. Follow the road to Ibleam for a few days. The harpy nests are more less in that direction too, and we'll likely make better time travelling along the road than through the wilderness. Travelling along the river will also let us keep our water supply topped off, and allow the men to wash in the river. We are unlikely to find monsters in the first few days, but staying with the river will make the trip a little more pleasant as we get into our rhythm.
We can veer off whenever we like, without throwing the dumb knife again.

2. When you do travel, what pace do you take?
D. A normal pace.
Though if we stay on the road we should make better time than we would through the scrub anyway.

3. Did you bring your flute?
J. Yes. It takes up almost no room, and a little music around the campfire some nights will be pleasant, even if it isn't magic.

4. You have two pounds of silver left to your name. Did you bring them?
L. Yes. If we do end up in Iblem somehow we'll probably need it. :cripes:

5. Write in. Is there anything noteworthy you would like to bring?

Maybe a few pots of Mighty Man slop, the breakfast of champions. Basic medical supplies for binding wounds.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
1. C Just head southeast. Play the knife off as a joke with Tomn's line.
2. E
3. J
4. M

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Vavrek posted:

5. A token from Naomi. Some fine rope.[/b] (I'm tempted to take a pot for good luck. Pots are good luck, right?)

This. Some religious supplies. We brought a priest, lets make sure he has what he needs and maybe a few "luxury" religious items. Remember, the statue option for the manhood trial gains in sacrificial value as a result of having been dragged all the way out there, so some religious incense or whatever Zepatha uses should also gain in value as we head deeper into the wilderness.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Don't forget dice and cards and whatnot. We can win their shares and come back with all the loot.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
A statue or incense won't gain value in the eyes of El unless it was something difficult to do. We have a bunch of donkeys with us, so it will probably not count.

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

Seconding this:

Angela Christine posted:

1. You...

B. Follow the road to Ibleam for a few days. The harpy nests are more less in that direction too, and we'll likely make better time travelling along the road than through the wilderness. Travelling along the river will also let us keep our water supply topped off, and allow the men to wash in the river. We are unlikely to find monsters in the first few days, but staying with the river will make the trip a little more pleasant as we get into our rhythm.
We can veer off whenever we like, without throwing the dumb knife again.

2. When you do travel, what pace do you take?
D. A normal pace.
Though if we stay on the road we should make better time than we would through the scrub anyway.

3. Did you bring your flute?
J. Yes. It takes up almost no room, and a little music around the campfire some nights will be pleasant, even if it isn't magic.

4. You have two pounds of silver left to your name. Did you bring them?
L. Yes. If we do end up in Iblem somehow we'll probably need it. :cripes:

And...

5. Write in. Is there anything noteworthy you would like to bring?

I think survival basics are covered, so I'll second rope, Naomi token, and some light, portable religious item(s). We're wearing the charm we got from Indor, it's in the shape of a goat (relating to what we presume is a Melachim) so I kind of feel like we should balance things out by bringing some El-related thing. Not with the intent to sacrifice it, but just as a token.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tomn posted:

+1 for this

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

A few write ins for basic medical supplies and alcohol. You already have band also have basic medical supplies. You have some wine, but there were not enough votes to spend your wealth for some high quality wine.

Before you left, you asked Naomi for a token, to speed you back to her. She smiled and took her favorite ring off and pressed it into your hands. "Bring it back to me safley Enkidel and then, we can be wed."

...back in the present.

You take your lucky stone knife, the first really good stone knife that you made and hold it up in the air. You say to your men "Where fate points us, we shall go."

You throw your knife high into the air, it spins as it may and then lands upon the ground. It points directly down the road. Towards Ibleam. Billy gives you... a look, but says nothing. Your men nod. Paebel says "Come now, my good knife - I know the king of Ibleam is a tyrant, but he is not THAT bad!" This produces a round of laughter from your men.

Off your men march. You walk with the son and rest when it sets, making camp beside the river. You pass a leather merchant on his way to Ibleam as well, along with four of his guards and so they make camp alongside you. With Snarls nose, you manage to track down two rabits, to add a bit of fresh meat to dinner.

Tales are sung around the campfire that night and song sung.

Your band moves faster than the merchants and so on your men march. You continue along the road. The next day follows without incident as well as the next. By the fourth day, Paebel suggests making a sharp turn south so your band can finally fond some monsters to kill. You check with Snarls nose.

Green-biters. That way. Many. A big den. A day? Snarls points south east.

You are almost to the portion of the river where it turns north, if you walked another day, you could expect to reach it tomorrow afternoon. The path men follow is alongside the river. If you simply continued east, you would head away from the river, into a bend of wilderness.

1. You...
A. Keep following the road.
B. Follow the road, till it turns, once it turns, continue east, the way the knife pointed, a few days prior.
C. Go south east, after the goblins.
D. Go north in search of fearsome beasts.
E. Throw the knife again.
F. Throw the knife and pray to El to guide it.
G. Just pray to El to guide which way to go.
H. Something else. Fill in.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 26, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ok, so I know we aren't getting credit for goblin foreskins any more. But wiping out a den of them would be a good warm up for our band in preparation for larger prey, and increase their confidence. I say we go for it: C..

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

JT Jag posted:

Ok, so I know we aren't getting credit for goblin foreskins any more. But wiping out a den of them would be a good warm up for our band in preparation for larger prey, and increase their confidence. I say we go for it: C..

Seconded

Yeah, a good warm up never hurt anybody. It's bad for trade for a den to be this close to the road anyhow.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C Yeah let's gank some low level noobs for easy xp.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Kill those goblins! I heard they started a war against dwarf France!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
C. Green Biters it is.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -