Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

In seven days, the world will end. Just as it has been foretold.

As heaven and earth are torn asunder by thundering storms and gnashing quakes, the city of Sunrise is plunged into chaos. Technology is brought to a halt, taking with it power and communications, leaving the populace isolated from the entire world for the first time in ages. All across the city, bizarre and dangerous creatures emerge from alien portals, swarming the unorganized and defenseless citizens of Sunrise like wolves to sheep.

Beneath their feet, the Great Serpent Jormungandr shatters the earth and crushes skyscrapers between its scales, loosing its deafening roar to herald the coming of Ragnarok and the Unending Winter. Their streets are stolen and made unto fatally dangerous paths to madness by the Four Horsemen, who ride atop their horrific steads and raise their banners and legions of damned souls to prepare Sunrise for the Tribulation. Above their heads, The Seven Suns of Creation command the sky, threatening to consume Sunrise in unyielding flames and reduce all to ashes.

You are inside this city under siege. As anarchy and fear takes hold of Sunrise, you will form contracts with the very demons that ravage the city in order to survive. You will fight through a crumbling landscape facing the end times, fighting against powerful foes and forging tenuous alliances with other Demon Tamers. You will fight to escape death, even while knowing your inevitable fate will arrive at December 21, 2012. Seven days.

Conquer your demon.
Break your barricade.

Let's survive.

Hi guys, let's face the anime apocalypse together. :)

Here, you play as some very unlucky people who end up in some terrible circumstances, with a strong motivation to survive the week of tribulation and escape the city of Sunrise. Like the media that it takes inspiration from (the Shin Megami Tensei series, particularly the Devil Survivor games and anime), the game will contrast between enduring a hopeless end and gaining the will to break the odds. It also explores concepts like the cycle of life and reincarnation, but otherwise takes a very liberal approach to various mythologies and mashes them together into a massive apocalyptic melee.

If that's all cool with you, then you're welcome to join. You don't really need to have actually played the games, since I'll be listing the relevant concepts in another post. Be creative with your apps; I'm looking for weird, stylish and interesting as usual. This game will start right on the onset of the disaster, right before the demons and earthquakes, so keep that in mind when you lay down backstories.

Character Creation:

We're using Fate Accelerated Edition (you can get it here or here), with some extra rules tacked on. You get the usual: Five aspects (High Concept, Trouble, Drive, two Free Aspects), six approaches (One at Good +3, two at Fair +2, two at Average +1, and one at Mediocre +0), three refresh and up to three free stunts. Please don't take stunts that give +2 on attack and defense actions, those are pretty lame.

In one of your aspects, you have to declare your Drive: When things get difficult, what keeps you going? Why don't you choose to give up? This can be a positive or even a negative answer, but it should be personal for your character, pushing them into the thick of the game. Once per scene, instead of the usual benefits, you can invoke your Drive to flip around the results of your roll, turning -s into +s and vice versa. Find your courage against the jaws of despair! Like any other character aspect, your Drive can be challenged and change during milestones.

Demons:
Demons will go in more detail in the next post, but basically they're the pervasive threat of the game. En masse, they will rampage across Sunrise and eat humans in their way. And you will need to tame them in order to fight back. Think of it like Pokémon, except using mythological creatures or gods.

This video shows how the summoning process works in this game.

Demons work in FAE as pseudo-NPCs you can summon in battle. They each come with an aspect and a stunt that will benefit you whenever they are in play. Demons tend to reflect their Tamer, so they use your approaches when they interact with the world/fight as well. If your demon takes stress damage, you can either take the stress for yourself (and a mental consequence if necessary) to maintain the summon or sacrifice the demon to absorb two stress like a minor consequence. Demons lost this way can't be summoned again until at least the next scene, after some meaningful rest.

At any time, you can keep up to four demons in "stock" and summon at most two of those demons into battle. If you want to swap around the demons you have through the game, let me know and we'll work it out in the story. You start with one demon and while you won't get to use them immediately, might as well work one up for when you do.

Sample Demons! posted:

Garm, The Hound of Niflheim
Vicious Strike: Because he is a vicious hellhound, Garm gets a +2 to forcefully create advantages by pouncing on them head-on.
In Norse myth, Garm is a hellhound who guards the realm of the dead. His howling is one of the signs of the impending apocalypse, Ragnarok.

Sarasvati, Goddess of Knowledge
Goddess' Grace: Once per scene, if the Tamer or one of their allies takes stress damage, Sarasvati can nullify the damage inflicted for that person.
In Hindu lore, she is the consort of Brahma and the goddess of knowledge, music, and art, who appears with a vina.

Jack Frost, Winter Fairy Mascot
Ice Dance: If Jack Frost succeeds with style on a Flashy attack, if he chooses to reduce his damage by one he can get a Situation Aspect rather than a Boost. Great for freezing people in their tracks, ho!
A winter fairy of European descent. Normally an innocent creature, but if provoked, he will kill his victim by covering him in snow.

If there's any questions just bug me on synIRC, I hang out in the #redhandofdoom and #persona channels. I'll be leaving recruitment up until January 30 for now, might extend or shorten that depending on the turnout. Okay yeah, apps are closed now holy poo poo.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Important Stuff:
A lot of Sunrise is up to you guys, so feel free to add more details about the city like locations, events, people, etc. That said, here are a few things about it that are already in stone (that you can add to, of course!).

The City of Sunrise and the Sac-Nicte Corporation
Formerly the site of a military base, the Sac-Nicte Corporation bought the land decades ago and spent that much time developing Sunrise into a highly urbanized and technologically advanced city. And they don't let anyone forget that. S-N's white flower brand can be seen across nearly all city services, including the police force and the city-wide surveillance network. S-N product ads dominate the cityscape, whether through billboards, posters or COMP-assisted virtual ads. Wakah Chan Tower, the company headquarters in the city center, hulk over even the tallest skyscrapers and remains as much as an implacable part of the skyline as the stock reports and news reports it plays over its AR displays. Unless you go real deep underground, you can never really escape the feeling that you're being watched.

On the other hand, the city's beautiful, the streets are downright sterile and crime rate's the lowest in the country. It's worth that much for a little corporate smothering, right?

Communication Player (COMP)
The COMP is basically Google Glass an innovative new product birthed from one of S-N's many subsidiary companies. These glasses operate as both a personal computer and a smartphone, displaying information directly to the user's vision via augmented reality overlays. The main features include e-mail, SMS, cellphone service, a web browser and a lot of space to install additional apps such online games. That last bit, plus the fact that the glasses frames are easy to customize and decorate, ensure their place as the latest trend in Sunrise.

All the player characters own COMPs and have a subscription to S-N's local cell/internet service. Users can interact with their devices via voice commands (Example: "COMP, check my mail.") or via a special glove that lets them directly interact with the virtual elements in their AR vision. COMPs are known to be extremely durable and won't break unless you put some effort into stomping them to pieces.

The World Eaters
Originally just a gang of street toughs passively rebelling against Sac-Nicte's authority on Sunrise, a recent change in leadership has caused the World Eaters to take on a more… zealous cause. More of a cult now, they espouse a mission to expose the corporate megalith as corrupt, oppressive tyrants and "bring freedom to the people of Sunrise", whatever that entails. Random acts of vandalism have turned into outright attacks on S-N's infrastructure, which includes firebombing communication towers, crashing corporate servers transferring billions of dollars, even hijacking COMP systems to force their Youtube propaganda on users. They leave the same graffiti marks with each violent act they make; a stylization of their "patron", the World Serpent.

Corporate-backed police have clashed with the World Eaters several times now, and have even cracked down on a few of their cells. Still, S-N only regards them as hooligans and seem content to contain them to the slummier edges of the city where they lurk about and gather new followers.

Demons and the Demon Summoning App
Rumors float from the darkest parts of Sunrise of a strange app for the COMP that allows a user to call upon occult rituals and communicate with demons from hell that bargain all sorts of things in exchange for the user's soul. Sac-Nicte vehemently denies the existence of a "Demon Summoning App" and advises users not to install unauthorized apps to their devices lest they void their warranty.

If someone does get hold of such an app during the course of the game, they will gain access to the following information (either instinctively or by digging in the app's help file):

quote:

Demons, in this universe, don't necessarily follow the usual connotations of the term. It refers to any supernatural entity that possesses a body and seeks power via worship or recognition from mortals. So anything from a little fairy to Loki the Norse trickster to Judeo-Christian angels (and yes, devils) falls under this umbrella. While many demons do indeed live on their urges and want to bring subjugate humanity through terror and blood, others act much more indifferent and a few (such as a goddess like Sarasvati) may even help them.

An aspiring Demon Tamer can form a contract with a demon via the Demon Summoning App, which replicates a summoning ritual with code and binds the creatures to the user's control. The process involves the Tamer appeasing the demon through various means (combat, a tribute of blood, the demonic currency Macca, etc), then settling the terms of the contract. As long as that contract exists, they will fight for the Tamer to the death. The App also empowers the Tamer themself, making them less vulnerable against the usually fatal demon attacks and even allowing them to replicate the supernatural powers of demons.

In theory, there can be as many Demon Tamers as there are COMPs. But not everyone can contain the power of the Summoning App...

Mitama fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 24, 2014

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Blah blah interest blah.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Ready to make a little something for this!

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?

Ibuki Kengo

High Concept: Bancho of the Sunrise Kendo
Ibuki is a club leader of Sunrise college Kendo club. He has participated in several championship and brought home the trophy for his club. People started to call Ibuki "Bancho" when he defeated the Sunrise Bancho when he crossed his path.

Trouble: Suburban-Underground enemy #1
Ibuki defeated the Sunrise Bancho which caused uproar in the underground community. There are many unruly people who supported the previous Bancho which they are not satisfied when suddenly Ibuki obtained the title. If Ibuki ever comes across with these people they get into a all out brawl.

Drive: Wants a peaceful future
Even though Ibuki loves to fight and enjoys various type of unexpected challenge, at the end he wants to have a somewhat peaceful future, meet a women to marry and to have a family.

Aspect: Give it all you got!
When Ibuki is tasked with something, such as to a fight. He will give it all he got and will not let his guard down. He especially likes a challenge, even though its something he does not know what to do.

Aspect: Captain of Kendo club
Even though people stopped calling him captain the club because of the rumor. He is still great with the blade.

Approaches:
Careful: +1
Clever: +2
Flashy: +1
Forceful: +2
Quick: +3
Sneaky: +0

Stunts:
No I am behind you!:

I got you covered!: Can cast himself (or demon) when nearby friend suffers a attack. Your defense is Average (+1) against that attack.

Demon: ONI

Parry+Toughness: Oni will block any form of damage with his weapon, with his huge body he completely nullify a attack.
Different form of Japan, cruel as any demon but still has some sort of honor.

Refresh: 3

onepiecekenny fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 30, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mitsuki Iwasaki/Lady Rekka

"Oh great, a bank robbery. Alex, tell the studio I'm going to be late for my shoot."

"I am the sunrise that breaks through the darkness! Lady Rekka is here!"

High Concept: Idol By Day, Hero By Night
Mitsuki is an idol singer who rose to fame three years ago after the release of her first album, causing Sac-Nicte to take her on as a celebrity spokeswoman who serves as the public face of the city of Sunrise. She is also a martial artist and former stuntwoman, causing Sac-Nicte to also give her a belt that turns her into the town's local superhero. It's a living, I suppose.

Trouble: Sticks Out Like A Sore Thumb
There's not a citizen in Sunrise who doesn't know Mitsuki's face and voice from the many advertisements and TV shows shown in the city. It's rare for her to go out and not be hounded for an autograph, a photo, or an interview. Ironically, the outfit in which she's least likely to be be bothered is her flashiest one, the Rekka armor.

Drive: I Want A Quiet Life
Between her duties as an idol and her duties as a hero, Mitsuki has learned to appreciate what little time she gets to herself. Some days, the only thing that keeps her going is the prospect of going home, flopping down on her bed, and just sleeping without any distractions.

Aspect: I Am An Ally Of Justice
As a fan of superheroes ever since she was a girl, Mitsuki relishes the fact that she is one herself and embraces the role of a defender of the weak. She has a strong sense of justice and pretty much never misses a chance to help those in need, even if it inconveniences herself.

Aspect: Knows How To Sell It
As a spokeswoman for Sac-Nicte, Mitsuki has been in many commercials and advertisements, which have mostly been successful due to her charisma and grace. Having been exposed to a lot of marketing speak, she's learned the right things to say to convince people to get on her side, though sometimes she gets lost in her own act.

Approaches:
Clever: +1
Flashy: +3
Quick: +2

Stunts:
Where Everyone Knows Your Name: When meeting a new NPC, Mitsuki may spend a Fate Point to give them the aspect Your Biggest Fan with one free invoke.
Henshin!: Once per scene, when Mitsuki transofrms into Rekka she may immediately place the aspect In the Name of Justice, Transform! on the scene. If this aspect is invoked when using the Flashy approach, it gives a +3 bonus; it only gives a +1 bonus when invoked using a different approach.
Heroes Do It With Style!: When she is Lady Rekka, Mitsuki can use Flashy instead of Quick to determine initiative.

Demon:
Neko Shogun, Feline Warrior
Nyaijutsu: The way of the samurai is to strike first and without hestitation. Neko Samurai always acts first in initiative in any conflict he is in, and gets a +2 bonus to his first attack on an opponent.
A prophetic Taoist god, originally known as Mao Shogun. Due to a linguistic error involving the Chinese word for cat, his name was changed to Neko Shogun.

Stress: OOO

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 30, 2014

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This looks like it could be a lot of fun so count me in.

Here is my work in progress character sheet. This is my first time using this system so any comments on mistakes I made with my character would be appreciated.

Sato Hiroki

Background
Up until recent ally Hiroki had a rather standard life within Sunrise City. His parents worked very basic jobs within the Sac-Nicte Corporation and while they make a respectable amount of money to put Hiroki into one of the better schools within the city, due to the needs of the job they were barely around to raise him. Worried about the idea of Hiroki being completely unsupervised so they decided to try to get him into sports. After a couple failed attempts they stumbled across a Rugby Club and to his parents joy Hiroki found himself a natural when it came to the sport. Eight years later HIroki has emerged as one of the best players in the region and with graduation coming this year he would be expected to be preparing for University applications. The issue though is that while his life was previously going on track, everything has fallen to pieces due to the rising tensions within the city everything has gotten a lot more complicated. Unknown to him before the incident a number of his teammates in the Sunrise Hawks RFC (Rugby Football Club) had through various incidents found themselves amongst the members of the more aggressive World Eaters and so when the police began to crack down on the group many of his friends were caught up in the violence and so have found themselves either in hiding or in the hospital. This combined with the general uprise of violence in the outskirts has seen many of his friends either been attacked by gangs or in fact have found themselves part of those who are disrupting the peace in Sunrise. As captain of his team Hiroki has grown used to the difficulties of both controlling and keeping his friends and teammates safe during the games but now as external pressures fractures the team he as been forced to try and apply his leadership to situations outside the pitch, and so far Hiroki has had little success in ensuring his friends safety. So he has grown desperate in his search to find a way to keep some level of order in life and so will do almost anything to bring back the peaceful times, blissfully unaware of just how bad everything was about to get.

High Concept: Star Prop
Hiroki has been playing Rugby ever since he was a small child and as his body developed he eventually found his way into being a Rugby Forward. Now both on and off the pitch due to his bulk and knowing how to use it Hiroki has become a force to be reckoned with in terms of physical strength and endurance.

Invoke: In any physical confrontation Hiroki will find it easier to keep his cool and will quite often have the strength needed to resolve it in his favour.
Compel: On the playing field he has grown used to the idea of always pushing forwards no matter what so even if it may be logical to retreat it would take something of momentous importance for Hiroki to willingly retreat.

Trouble: Poor Judge of Character
Hiroki always tries to see the best in others especially in those who he believes to be his friends. The issue though is that people with less savoury intentions can take advantage of said trust and manipulate him into doing actions that he would never do otherwise.

Invoke:Those who are close to him are more likely to stand by his side due to knowing that Hiroki would do the same for them.
Compel:Hiroki finds it almost impossible to see any major faults in his friends, which makes him very vulnerable to manipulation as he will almost always belief what they are doing has a rational explanation and that it surely isn't as bad as it looks.

Drive For my Friends
Years of playing Rugby have taught Hiroki the importance of being there to support those close to him, for it's only through them that he views himself as having any worth. So should anybody threaten them he will do everything within his power to protect them, and will keep on going well past the point of breaking to get it done.

Invoke: Keep on going no matter what if it is to protect a friend from serious danger.
Compel: Hiroki will never leave a friend behind even if it is at the risk of his and quite possibly others lives.

Aspect Team Captain
Thanks to his skill and time playing the sport Hiroki has emerged as team captain of his Rugby Squad.

Invoke: Keep calm during stressful situations, be able to keep an eye out for allies during more complicated issues.
Compel: Whilst paying attention to others he can lose focus on those who are attacking him.

Approaches
Careful: +2
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +3
Quick: +1

Stunts
Crash Ball: Hiroki can boost an enemy so that they are forced to focus on him and him alone.
Human Wall: By spending a fate Hiroki can replace an Allies defence roll with his own, and should it fail take the ensuring damage from the attack.

Demon: Titan

Feat of Strength:Through overwhelming force Titan gets +2 to Forceful attempts to create an advantage.
Titans ruled over the entire cosmos, before Zeus, the son of the Titan leader, Cronus, along with the pantheon of Olympian gods, overthrew them and imprisoned them within Tartarus, the deepest reaches of the underworld.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 1, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Definitely gonna be apping for this.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Ibuki Hiraga

High Concept: Cyber Punk
Ibuki is way into science and technology. Before she moved to Sunrise she was in her school's light music club, where she learned to play the keytar, repair equipment and have attitude. Moving in with her aunt and working at her videogame/electronics/merchandise store Manga Propaganda has only made her a bigger tech dork.

Invoke: Science and technology, spunk and attitude, repairs and mods, computers and programming
Compel: Being a young, inexperienced punk

Trouble: Stand Alone Complex
Ibuki was an unlucky kid, and spent most of her childhood grappling with a string of diseases and disorders. She was sent to live with her aunt to take advantage of Sunrise's superior health system, and while she's fine now, she feels like she's been a burden on everyone around her. Ibuki is determined to fight everything that comes her way, but from now on, she fights alone.

Invoke: Stand up to overwhelming numbers or impossible odds
Compel: Refuse help out of pride, not tell others about a problem

Drive: Trouble and Her Friends
That said, Ibuki loves having friends and causing mischief with them. She might be cagey about her personal life and more likely to talk to them online, but when poo poo gets real, the first thing she'll want to do is make sure the people she cares about are safe.

Invoke: Refuse to give up, tomfoolery and shenanigans
Compel: Chase after friends and relatives

Aspect: Shadow Runner
Ibuki is naturally quick and stealthy, with a lot of experience in running from trouble. Climbing onto the roof for some alone time as a kid led to an interest in parkour, and Sunrise has really let her develop her skills. These days Ibuki uses them to find sweet vantage points to relax and think in, run from trouble, and get really good wifi reception.

Invoke: Parkour, being stealthy
Compel: Avoid direct confrontation

Aspect: The Shockwave Rider
Ibuki has had a lot of practice with vehicles, running errands for her aunt's shop and doing her own repairs to save money. She's capable of impressive feats in any vehicle, but her favourite is her signature scooter Shockwave.

Invoke: Sweet driving stunts, riding Shockwave, vehicle repairs
Compel: Driving recklessly and crashing

Approaches
Careful: Fair (+2)
Clever: Good (+3)
Flashy: Average (+1)
Forceful: Mediocre (+0)
Quick: Fair (+2)
Sneaky: Fair (+2)

Stunts
Entanglement: If Ibuki Cleverly creates, repairs or mods a device and gives it to someone else to use, she can place an aspect on it with a free invoke. Whenever they use the item, she can aid them by spending a fate point to invoke that aspect, even if she's not actually present.
Quantum Tunnelling: Once per scene, Ibuki can ignore one obstacle impeding her movement if she could conceivably Quickly parkour around it.
Unified Theory: Once per scene, Ibuki can substitute Clever in place of any other approach for one roll.

Milestone Improvements: Quick +1 to +2

quote:

Maxwell, Demon of the Doorway
Thinking With Portals: Once per scene, Maxwell can turn any object into a door or place a door on any surface. Maxwell can fit through this door regardless of size.
In physics, Maxwell's Demon is a thought experiment involving a hypothetical demon with incredible senses that regulates the movement of molecules through a doorway.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 17, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I dunno much about the setting but I do see ANIME so I'll put a note here.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Gonna put something together for this, might not get time to finish it properly til about Tuesday or so though.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
William Whitewell

High Concept: The White Prince

Invoke: Perform beautiful music; Rise up to circumstances where genius is required; Attract attention to himself positively.
Compel: Take on under excessive pressure for the sake of success; Predispose others against him by eclipsing them or appearing to be too aloof and above them; Take charge of a situation and shoulder the burden of leadership; "Hey! I know that guy! He's a musician of worldwide reknown!"; Do anything for a fan.

Trouble: Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't

Invoke: Persist in something beyond a reasonable stopping point; Find imaginative, indirect solutions.
Compel: Focus on something to the point of obsession; Avoid facing problems head on when it would solve things more easily than dancing around them; Face no-win situations; Taking action just makes things worse.

Drive: Why Don't You Love Me? Love me!

Invoke: Wow others with amazing results. Earn praise and adoration. Shackle someone to William by bonds of respect and trust.
Compel: Fail and suffer a breakdown. Worry about letting others down and being considered worthless or inferior, and being abandoned.

Free Aspect 1: Everything To Everyone

Invoke: Show others a convincing false face; Pretend to be something I'm not; Get into character properly and without hesitation; Let others see what you want them to see.
Compel: Crack from trying to uphold multiple clashing personas at once; Try to get in everybody's good graces, even when it wouldn't be a good diea; Do very stupid things to uphold the masquerade

Free Aspect 2: Know Them Like They Know Themselves

Invoke: Understand the motivations of others them better than most other people; Get through and make a contact; Know exactly what to say at exactly the right time.
Compel: You can't know someone like he knows himself without loving them like they love themselves a little. When you reach out to others, they reach out to you (but do you really want them to?).

William is an only child afflicted with albinism, born to the Whitewell family, owners of the special effects company Illusion Castle, responsible for transforming many middling movies into some of the world's biggest blockbuster films. When he was six, William's mother, Cherry, was seized by dementia and attempted to strangle him in his sleep, screaming about a 'white demon, born to bring misfortune and pain'. She was dragged kicking and screaming to an asylum where she spent the following ten years. Doctors attributed her condition to a psychological breakdown from immense amounts of stress from her job overseas, which kept her away from home for most of the year, but its cause remained a mystery, and Sac-Nicte, the company she worked for, was none too willing to explain what pressured they'd put on her, if any. Following his mother's breakdown, William's relationship with his father became cold and distant. Though he never gathered the courage to ask, Will began to suspect that his father blamed him for his mother's condition. Edward Whitewell took good care of his son and attended to his every need, but he remained a stranger, more focused on acting as his legal guardian rather than trying to establish a bond with him. Left to handle himself on his lonesome, Will turned his attention to an activity he favored, one that allowed him to convey the emotions bottling up inside him to others: Music.

Shortly after his mother's breakdown, Will discovered that he possessed the gift of absolute pitch perception. Finding solace in expressing his emotions through notes and chords, he sought to refine his gift, and his father acquiesced. Some of the greatest music tutors in the world coached him, teaching him the fundamentals of the art, and he eagerly absorbed their lessons. Soon, his mentors began to notice he was more than a pampered rich kid, smashing his hands on the keys of a piano: he had something to say, and he wanted to hear. At their insistence, Mr. Whitewell allowed Will to participate in concerts showcasing young talents, where his striking performances and appearance caught the public's eye, earning him the nickname of the Little Prince, which later changed to the White Prince as he aged. Over the next few years, Will began touring relentlessly, traveling all over his homeland of England and, eventually, disembarking in the States as well. He didn't go to school like most children - it made no difference to his father in the end after all, and it seemed like such a waste to spend most of the year locked in one place when he could pay a tutor to accompany him, instead. While strict and stern, Professor Aleksei Zakharov, whom Mr. Whitewell selected as his son's teacher at his insistence, was also highly approving of dedication, effort and commitment. Seeing how deeply Will cared for his art, and satisfied by how he always managed to complete his assignments on time, the old teacher was quick to lavish William with praise, providing him with the emotional support he needed to handle such a hectic life. A few weeks ago, however, Professor Zakharov died in a bus crash while accompanying William to one of his gigs. Though he wished to take some time off to rest and mourn his tutor's loss, William still had a few dates to finish his tour, and he would not let his fans down. He arrived at Sunrise City a few days ago. What he doesn't know is that he may never leave...

Approaches
Good (+3): Flashy
Fair (+2): Clever, Forceful
Average (+1): Quick, Careful

Stunts

Showstopping Performance: When you sit down to play, people listen. When you Flashily perform a piece of music to create an Advantage, you gain a +2 bonus to the roll. Additionally, your music can stop others from taking actions except for listening, mesmerizing them even if they would normally not be fazed by such distractions.

Force of Will: When you really, truly want something, your dedication's enough to give anyone pause. When you make a roll, you may declare it to be of critical importance, declaring a desired result and adding +2 to the roll. If you fail to achieve the desired result, you fill your smallest available Consequence slot with a Mental Consequence, devastated by your failure. You can use this stunt multiple times per scene, but each time you do so you step up the Consequence you'd take on a failure by one (so if you had all your Consequence slots empty and use this stunt twice, you'd fill in your Moderate Consequence upon failing to meet expectations). The GM is also encouraged to require that you up the stakes you're gambling for with each use, making uses beyond the first matters of life and death for your character!

Crescendo: You know how to build up before you reach an incredible climax. When you take a Flashy action which you can build up to (such as summoning up a great amount of power, playing a musical piece or getting to the point slowly in a conversation), you may roll against a difficulty of Mediocre and add the shifts generated by the result as a bonus to another roll. If anything would interrupt your build-up, you lose the accumulated bonus.

The Moment of Clarity: You never know where an epiphany might come from. It could come from a conversation, listening to a new compact disk, or staring at a flower field. What you do know, however, is how to invoke them in others. Once per Milestone, if you know one of a target's Aspects plus their High Concept and have an opportunity to take an appropriate, impactful action, you may force the target to change his known Aspect, reflecting the impact you've caused on him. You have no control over what the Aspect gets changed to, but it cannot be a cosmetic change - what you do cannot be undone. Choose your actions and words carefully.

Your Song: You don't just leave your mark on others. Just as you change them, so do they change you in turn. When you receive something very valuable from someone else (inspiration, a gift, powerful emotional support or even stranger things), you may take a stunt related to the giver at no cost, which does not reduce your Refresh.

Starting Refresh: 1

quote:

The White Rabbit, Guide To Wonderland

Follow The White Rabbit/It's So Wonderful: When the world is upside down and everything stops making sense, embracing the lunacy of it all is the smartest thing you can do. Once per Scene, you may activate this stunt to receive some sort of directive or guidance from the White Rabbit. If you follow his lead successfully, place the Aspect Wonderland Logic on the scene with one free invoke. You can invoke this Aspect for effect to achieve an impossible result with an action, so long as it operates on dream or moon logic.

A rabbit who leads people down new (and oftentimes surreal) paths, and responsible for introducing people to the strange world of Wonderland through his rabbit holes. Some people say he actually lives on the moon and eats jade, but that's just nonsense, isn't it? Possesses a strong but unexplained connection to the demon Alice.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 29, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Jamie Cooper (AKA Shulh’rothrdeg, the Great and Terrible, Keeper of Knowledge Beyond Time)

Few know that we are being watched from outside - no, not outside your window, dingus, outside - and those that do are regarded as insane. There are inhuman, incomprehensible beings floating around through the empty places between the planets and stars, unaffected by time and space as we know it. These “outer gods” have taken an interest in our little planet, each for different reasons, but almost all of these reasons are malevolent.

You do get the occasional horror that isn’t a complete rear end in a top hat though, like Shulh’rothrdeg, the Great and Terrible (look, it’s just a nickname from college), Keeper of Knowledge Beyond Time. When it became aware of Earth, it was astounded! This tiny, insignificant world is home to tiny, insignificant beings, each with their own history, desires, joys, and sorrows! The horror’s curiosity got the better of him, and he set out through the twisting passages of spacetime to investigate.

Naturally, there was a little, er, incident: he landed near a little village in Siberia, which of course drove every person there mad. These babbling things are funny, but useless! Shulh’rothrdeg decided that he would have to assume the identity of one of these “humans” in order to conduct his studies. After a long and terrifying transformation and a little theft shopping, his persona (not that persona) was born.

Shulh’rothrdeg poses as Jamie Cooper, a foreign businessman (‘foreign’ is vague; ask anyone where he’s from and you’ll get several different answers). When he isn’t pretending to be working on his laptop at the local coffee shop, he spends all his time absorbing as much human culture as he can.

High Concept: A Curious Eldritch Horror
I have known of this little planet since it was conceived in its womb of fire and stone, yet as I turned my attention to other things (like the lives and positions of stars), I completely missed the birth of entire civilization! They are very primitive, but I see potential in them...as long as I can convince the others not to devour them. They are so insignificant, and yet so adorable!

Yes, I am a being beyond time and space - an “elder one,” as these humans call me. I was born before this universe was; I remember the cold emptiness, the horrid dark expanse...I must say, this state of being is certainly an improvement! My friends tend to disagree, which I don’t really understand; why would they wish for the annihilation of all things? This universe is so warm and bright!

Maybe they sunburn easily?
Invoke: Get along with humans,
Compel: Misunderstand a human custom, make a faux pas when socializing with humans, be captivated by a “strange” human habit.

Trouble: My True Form
If any of these poor humans saw my true form, they’d go gibberingly mad! I have to work very, very hard to keep up this charade!
Invoke: Have higher knowledge of his home plane and its denizens than even the most devout cultists; able to read and understand occult writings or language, etc.
Compel: The disguise flickers for a moment and someone sees a little more than they’d wanted to, slip and speak in his native R’lyehian for a moment, do something innocuous yet incomprehensible to the human mind.

Drive: Knowledge is Power
It’s amazing that in such a short existence, these humans have produced so much history and information! It certainly dwarfs in comparison to the rich and nuanced histories of my race, but still: I have so much work to do!
Invoke:
Compel:

Aspect: You’ve Probably Never Heard of It

Yeah, I like this band called R’lyeh Big Fish, you’ve probably never heard of it.
Invoke: Tell someone about an obscure historical fact, reference something obscure.
Compel: Actually manage to not get a reference to modern pop culture or a more famous historical event.

Aspect: Nerd of Unknowable Extremes

Humans have many interesting forms of media, but I particularly enjoy the animes, comic books, and video games. You should come by my apartment sometime, I’ll introduce you to my waifu, Himeko-chan...wait, where are you going? Come back!
Invoke:
Compel:

Approaches
Careful: +3
Forceful: +1
Quick: +0
Sneaky: +2

Stunts

Demons

quote:

Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos
“Ah, I never expected to see you here, friend! Why are you offering yourself on a demon-summoning service? Is it some sort of hobby?”
Thousand Masks: When Jamie attempts to sneakily create an advantage, Nyarlathotep can momentarily change his appearance and allow him to roll twice and take the higher result.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 1, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Likely submitting something as well.
<To be Replaced>

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Takeshi Kamuro

"What? I HAVE to smoke out here, building sign says no smoking."

"You know, I've always had a thing for order, for following the rules, and not being an rear end in a top hat. Not sure why, maybe my mom, bless her soul, taught me right. Maybe I'm just a genuine good samaritan and I beat up anyone who doesn't agree with me. Either way, I always end up in places dispensing order, and I always leave eventually because no one is up to my standards, but whatever. It's their loss."

The man takes a puff from his cigarette, and exhales slowly into the cold day's air.

"I've been a cop, corporate enforcer, a soldier, and some other stuff I can't talk about. But THIS... this chaos is something I've never seen before, and I can't stand it. You gonna help me clean up these streets and get to whatever the hell is doing this or will I have to pummel you too?"

quote:

High Concept: Soldier of the Highest Order
Takeshi has served in many different government and corporate agencies, punishing what he sees as the wicked, and enforcing laws as well as the will of those in high places. He doesn't say just HOW MANY places he's worked at, or what he did in some of them, and most people aren't sure they want to know the answer.

Invoke: Patching up combat wounds, staying calm, punishing wicked people, knowing military, government, or corporate information and organizations.

Compel: See danger in everything, his past comes back to bite him

Trouble: Always out of Patience
Takeshi is quite irritable sometimes, and doesn't have time for games when there's a whole bunch of awful happening in the world.

Invoke: Cutting Straight to the Point, Getting Through Bullshit, Intimidating People

Compel: Not having time to deal with dumb puzzles, or long negotiations

Drive: The Restoration of Order
Takeshi hates lawlessness and chaos, and will do whatever he can to restore order. This can be a problem when there's next to no order to restore in some places.

Invoke: Finding ways to solve this situation, restoring order to places, defeating those seeding chaos

Compel: Protecting innocents even if he doesn't have the time, never letting up on a lead even if he really should

Free aspect: Law Abiding Citizen
Takeshi almost never breaks long standing laws if he can help it. For all the guns he carries, he has a permit registered to him through his long service to various agencies, and he knows most any rule for fighting in order to justify the things he does.

Invoke: Have paperwork or knowledge of any public or general military law, ANY of them.

Compel: Finding out he DOESN'T have the right paperwork, or he misused a law term, harping on others for not following laws even if it's a bad idea

Free Aspect: War Tour Around the World

Invoke: Knowing a language or culture, having passports, commendations, or citizenship in other countries, having varied connections throughout the world.

Compel: Can't stop telling stories, "War is hell", must respect a fellow soldier or warrior

Approaches:

Clever: +0

Stunts

Marksman: When Takeshi has a gun or any military hardware, such as a grenades, he can use it to hit targets up to 2 zones away. The same weapon can be used for however long makes sense, or is dramatically appropriate.

Chain of Command: Once per scene, Takeshi can declare an aspect of his choice, as long as he has to go through an organization he's connected with to get it.

Arsenal Owner: Once per session, Takeshi can declare he acquired a gun between scenes.

quote:

Demons
Andromalius, Punisher of the Wicked
When Takeshi or Andromilius dodge an attack with style, Andromilius can apply the Caged aspect to the attacker. When invoked, this aspect must be overcome in order to move or attack.

The 72nd demon of the lesser key of Solomon, he punishes thieves and other wicked people.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 6, 2014

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Uri Ott

High Concept: Open Knowledge is Open Power
Uri's life goal is to figure out how anything and everything he can see works, so as to create a world free of black boxes. The problem, and one he learned when he was young, is that a lot of what he can see is owned by corporations with vested interests in keeping the inner workings of their products a secret. He dedicates the majority of his free time to breaking down corporate protection and spreading the knowledge gained from doing so to anybody seeking it, for good or ill.

Trouble: Show Me State of Mind
To him, outside of science, what people refer to as "theories" are nothing more than misplaced assumptions that themselves mean nothing until they've been put to the test. You've heard people are summoning demons? You have a 'theory' that the rumours of demon summoning are true due to the S-N coverups? Nonsense, all of it, until somebody can show him the process, and a demon, first-hand. And to talk of a soul! What soul? Where? In order to believe something, he needs to see it and analyze it with his own eyes.

Drive: The Educated Differ From the Uneducated
"As much as the living from the dead." To stop learning and to openly accept ignorance on a subject is to stop progressing and to stop progressing is to die; Uri would never freely accept such a fate.

Aspect: The Things You Own End Up Owning You
A friend of his just loved to say that line--apparently it was from a book, video game, movie...something like that, he couldn't be bothered to remember at the time--and, as grating as it was, he liked the heart of it. He's destroyed more than his fair share of electronics during the process of 'opening them up' and continues to do so, and, at the end of the day, what he's fighting are people 'owning' ideas, so you might say such a line suits him. After all, it wouldn't do for him to make the same mistake he's fighting against by growing attached to the ideas or products he creates.

Aspect: Enemy of the World Eaters
He'd worked with them a little, every now and again, giving them info on what S-N devices he could crack and even more recently gave them an early version of his still in-development 'Black Flower' app for the newly released COMP, which allowed for encrypted messaging through private channels. But, apparently, it wasn't secure enough or, as the message he received put it, 'your black flower was still too white for our tastes'. The bastards had tailed him and apparently found out that one of his friends--they mistook her for a girlfriend apparently--was working at S-N. 'your black flower was still too white for our tastes, paint it again or we'll paint yours red', was the message. Honestly, he didn't really know what had gotten into the World Eaters lately and messaged them saying he was on his way to sort things out with the program before departing to do so.

Approaches:
Good: Clever
Fair: Sneaky, Quick
Average: Flashy, Careful
Mediocre: Forceful

Stunts:
Analyze Functions - Uri gets +2 to cleverly creating an advantage by discovering an existing aspect.
Knowledge is Power - Uri can invoke any aspect he has revealed via Analyze Functions once, not using up the free invoke for others.
FREE STUNT - Going to leave this one open for now.

Demons posted:

Mithras, Protector of Truth
All-Seeing Divinity: If Mithras succeeds with style when revealing an enemy aspect, he can choose to reveal two aspects rather than gain multiple free invokes on a single one.
The Persian god Mithra and the Greek god Apollo combined into one and worshiped by romans.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Okay, let's start putting this down, bit by bit.

Percy Nikuba

Themes: Finlandia, Sibelius; Do You Hear the People Sing?, Schönberg and Kretzmer; Senbonzakura...Vocaloid fandom :v:

COMPTM VocaReco~!TM program online
Select recording
Playback: Labor Govt Law podcast 204, pt 2.

Now, back in the days when people saw forests as something to be fully exploited rather than preserved and other such things, large companies such as Pullman Palace Cars, Carnegie steel, and various oil barons had a problem. They wanted a way to bring in lots of cheap labor to pull out massive amounts of ore, lumber, oil, what have you, and, this also being the days when socialist and anarchist movements were gaining momentum among proletariat thinkers, they wanted a way to keep them well away from potential social influences. This they accomplished by purchasing large parcels of land around the areas they wanted to exploit, and turning them into remote towns far from everyplace else. The land, the buildings, the utilities, even the markets, were all owned by a single entity. And being so remote, the company effectively had a total lock on the life of the average worker.

This "company town" phenomenon isn't strictly limited to one country--in Russia and the former Soviet Union, no great bastions of social justice, they are referred to as 'monotowns', and similar derivations on the theme can be found in many countries, including many examples in Africa today. However, one peculiarity of the company town in the Anglosphere is the idea of paternalism--the company owner and capitalist, being more enlightened and intelligent than the lowly workers underneath him, had an obligation to raise them up to his level. With his values, of course. There are obvious connections in this idea to social Darwinism and monetary morality, but those are for another time.

Many of these examples all had one thing in common--the industry they intended to exploit was geographically constrained. Mining, lumber, railroad building, steel production, all of these things benefited from putting most operations near the main output, whether it be the mine, the forest, or the main plant. Sac-Nicte is thus unusual--its output is technological, gadgets and programming code. There's no reason most, if not all, of what it makes can't be shared electronically or distributed across the country. What does it gain from centralizing so many of its assets in Sunrise? Simple. Remember paternalism?

That's right, Sac-Nicte gains a very interesting thing by putting so many of its eggs in one basket. It's much cheaper to set up a total monitoring and indoctrination system when you already own everything. Dear old S-N wants to force its own policies down--!

*ring-ring, ring-ring*

Hold on. COMP, pause *unintelligible*, pick up phone...hello? Hello, mother. Yes, I'm fine. I'm kind of in the middle of something right--no, mother, I can't go to the S-N family dinner, I have something that day...no, I have plenty of clothing...yes, I'm taking care of myself...no, I'm good on cash. What, no! I don't need--mother! I've already got...ugh.... I love you too. See you. *beep* Oh for the love of--what, does she think I need to be MORE of an embarrassment?! Does she think I WANT to be a trust fund baby?! Jeezus...wait...is this thing still...crap! End recording!
File ends

High Concept: Super College Level Student Activist!
Maybe it was a bad idea to encourage a young Percy Nikuba to spend his free time in the library before coming home, since he seems to have spent most of his time in the history and philosophy sections. And found a bunch of books on the American labor movements in the late 1800s. And then tore into a bunch of revolutionary justice texts...suffice it to say that living in a city that's all owned by one mega tech conglomerate has really started to rankle. Oh, sure, he uses Sac-Nicte technologies, but mostly he uses them to make up audio-logs about HISTORY and JUSTICE and link up with like-minded sorts who want to march to protect a park or a non-S-N store. And he has the feeling that he can go very, very far in undermining the company city...
Invoke: Rally others to a cause, stand firm in the face of authority
Compel: Be ignored by uninterested people, have a bad relationship with said authority

Trouble: Eat the Rich
...which is great, except that he has an unfortunate connection to the company. His parents are both in Senior Management at Sac-Nicte, each overseeing cells of cubes of data-entry workers. It's thanks to their influence that he got into college, having a nearly free ride in Sunrise University in a Bachelor of Law Program. It's not like any other place would take him--his grades weren't all that great since he'd skip classes to go to picket marches. They've bought him the best clothing (he mostly donated them to other less fortunate sorts), set up a trust fund in his name (he tries to use the money to fund socially just causes), bought him the best COMP money could buy (...that one he actually kept), and all the rest. They're embarrassing and run counter to everything he stands for...but they're still his parents.
Invoke: Tap into mommy and daddy's funds and friends, have material access
Compel: Self loathe due to status, "you hypocritical jerk!", family or values?

Drive: Viva la Revolution!
So long as Sac-Nicte has its hold over the city of Sunrise, Percy has an obvious opponent to champion against. But even if--no, when--they're gone, he's not naive enough to imagine that everything will be auto-magically fixed at the touch of a button. There will always be oppressed to defend, injustices to break, terror to be exposed. Causes that he'll be willing to fight for, and perhaps even to die for.
Invoke: Defend people against injustice, offer himself for an unexpected but worthy cause
Compel: "Do you really need to go the whole martyrdom route for that?" "Yes, now be quiet."

Aspect: Silver Tongued Foxer
Percy has seen an awful lot of would-be activists talk a good game while alone, only to completely screw the pooch and fall apart when somebody confronts them with a different opinion, or even asks a friendly question for clarification. And not just people his age, either--it's embarrassing to see supposed classics of revolutionary thought disintegrate into disconnected fragments of ideas halfway in. Well, Percy has resolved to be a different sort of activist. A smarter sort of activist. One that understands what words like "logic" and "rhetoric" mean beyond petty definitions like "tools of oppression". One who knows how to make an argument beyond just rote memorization! One who can take a stand and...hopefully never end up tripping on his own words :shobon:
Invoke: Weave words into a compelling narrative, true or...probably true, speech time!
Compel: Get caught up in a web of words that he made himself, "Wait, I said what?"

Aspect: World Saviours?! SPLITTERS!
Once upon a time, waaay back in early high school, Percy followed along with the World Eaters. He wasn't the most active member, but he subscribed to their channels and helped with the odd DDOS attack and stuff. They used to be pretty cool, what with the whole "observe and report on the ridiculousness of Sac-Nicte running freaking everything in Sunrise like some kind of mining town" ethos. Then they started hacking servers--also pretty cool! Then they started doing electronic robbery--erm, okay. When they started firebombing communications towers he got antsy, free and clear communications being one of the hallmarks of a free and clear society and all. And then they started firebombing Sac-Nicte employee hangouts...at that point Percy cut all ties to the World Eaters. He tried to rally a less violent spin off alternate group called the World Saviours, but the current World Eater leadership was just too strong, and his idea was stillborn. Still, being privy to a lot of their internal messages from the before times can have its perks.
Invoke: "I know how the World Eaters work, and this (is/is not) them."
Compel: "Hey, Percy! We remember you! There's a blood debt for desertion!"

Approaches
Flashy: +3
Forceful +1
Careful: +0

Stunts
We Shall Not Be Moved: Because Percy is familiar with passive resistance techniques, once per scene, he may automatically succeed with style against a Forceful roll if he does not take an offensive action that turn.
Power to the People!: Because Percy is a skilled orator, Flashily created advantages have an extra free invoke that he cannot use (i.e. they are available only to allies).
History Stands With You: After a battle, given time and a sufficiently convincing attitude, Percy can remove one mental or social consequence from someone in the group, as long as he himself does not have a mental or social consequence.

Demon: Prometheus, the Titan of Foresight and Fire

Thought Aforethought: Spend an FP before battle begins to immediately reveal all aspects of an enemy. This method does not give free invokes on any aspects revealed.
A Titan of Greek myth, he is considered the creator of mankind. He is said to have stolen fire from the gods and given it to his creation, thus creating civilization. His divine punishment for the latter was to be chained to a rock and have his regenerating liver eaten by a bird every day.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 2, 2014

knaelidos
Dec 29, 2012
Arashi Kimura
Image soon as I find a proper one.

High Concept: World eater's traditionalist
Arashi is a fan of the old principles of the world eaters, often romanticizing the acts of vandalism and coercion against the corporate reign. He's strongly against the new leadership and 'extreme' acts though. As much as he loves the cause, he can't get behind such force of destruction. He still maintains a presence in the cult though, trying to subtly move everything back to the good old days.
Invoke: It is much easier to get assistance from the gang, since he'll need it.
Compel: He is also required to take attention at the meetings.

Trouble: Known member of world eaters
It's clear that the new direction has earned enemies, and Arashi is no exception. While he hasn't been known to do anything aggressive for the cult, he still has a passive approach of vandalism, and tasks that wouldn't do much outright damage. He hasn't earned that many friends on the inside, either.
Invoke: Intimidates those who are spooked from the infamy that the new direction drummed up.
Compel: Leads to him being chased by the security quite often.

Drive: Restore the status quo
His main goal is to eventually take over the gang, send it into hiding and then return to its roots. Vandalizing corporate boards, and harassing loyalists. He still believes in throwing off the throes of oppression, just in the old way.
Invoke: Vandalism, Coercion, smuggling, all of the things Arashi is experienced at, and willing to do.
Compel: Arashi can't sit by idly, when someone is getting seriously hurt.

Aspect: Track runner, and loving it
Before his fall into a life of petty crime, he was a regular high-school student, who's passion was to run faster than anything else. He would practice in the morning, in the evening after school, or occasionally escaping from class on a whim or when bored.
Invoke: It's a rare day when Arashi doesn't run at least 2 kilometres, and its easier for him as well.
Compel: He doesn't have much tolerance for being stuck in one place.

Aspect: Black market connections
Every place has merchants of illegal goods, you just have to dig deep for it. Arashi came across it when asking around for work, being known for his ability to navigate the cityscape quickly, he worked as a runner of goods between the areas. As a bonus, he has some money for bribes or the such. Not much though
Invoke: Learn where to buy goods, like salvaged military hardware (additional info: guns are restricted, mostly to security.)
Compel: He is still considered as a runner, and will likely get jobs to deliver stuff.

Approaches:
Forceful: +1

Stunts:
Escape Artist:
Escape is an art, and he's the brush. Arashi gets +2 to quickly overcome situations where he needs to get away from a situation.

Tabula Rasa: You'll drag things back to the way they were kicking and screaming if you have to. Once per scene, you can restore one thing to the way it was in the preceding Exchange by spending a Fate Point and your next action right after an action changes its state. This could be character's stress track or Consequences (but NOT both), the amount of available invokes on an Aspect, or somebody's position. You can't use this ability on yourself, though. Even a traditionalist needs to keep moving on.

World-Eater Class Runner: Some people are fast. Some people are very fast. You? You make them look like snails. You gain two additional zones of free movement per round, to distribute as you see fit before and after your action.

quote:

Demon: Hairy Jack
Manged savagery: From sheer size and furriness, he gets +2 to forcefully create advantages while attacking humans.
Better known as Barghest, Hairy Jack is a spirit hound that acts as a messenger of death.

knaelidos fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 28, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

blah blah here's an interest post that will later contain a character blah

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

(probably a placeholder, will likely be replaced with a portrait I like more if I get selected)
Miharu Nekki

High Concept: (I Do Give A drat ‘Bout My) Bad Reputation
To be perfectly frank, Miharu Nekki spent most of her educational years as a pretty big bully. Tall from even a young age, she used her size as a weapon towards other students into giving her food or money or even just privacy. Sometimes she’d even have to use real weapons when other punks tried giving her and her small gang any lip. More recently though, her family’s sudden move to Sunrise after she managed to graduate and her settling into Sunrise University made her question a lot of what she'd grown up doing. During this transition period she found herself slowly but purposefully shedding her old persona in order to be a more respectable friendly person.

Invoke: Converse and convince gang members, intimidate weak opponents into submission
Compel: Rebel against authority, have people look down on her, The World Eaters might be recruiting!

Trouble: The Rudest of ‘Tudes
...she could still use some work on it though. Attitudes aren’t changed in a night and the old Miharu Nekki had an abundance of attitude that she still need to be work off. She can suppress her habits decently enough around the average person but she knows little of learned societal manners and can easily slip back under enough duress.

Invoke: Fluster someone with rudeness
Compel: Forget how to treat elders or high-class people, become impolite or violent at the slightest annoyances

Drive: Duty of the Strong
The biggest thing that led Miharu to start making changes in her life was the quiet yet persistent nagging in the back of her head that her physical strength was no excuse to pick on those weaker than her. Quite the opposite, she's realized that those weaker than her need protection and that that must be her role in life if she wants to start thinking of herself as a Good Person.

Invoke: Help the physically weaker, be on the lookout for threats against allies
Compel: Help the physically weaker at detriment to your own safety, be patronizing towards those you don’t see as equals

Aspect: Is There A Med Student In the House?
Miharu didn’t exactly start her post-high school education WANTING to be a doctor but the family was pressuring her to have anything more than bumming around town with friends as a goal and it sounded sufficiently respectable to keep them off her back about it. She’s only had a semester of classes so she’s still in the shallow end of a very deep pool but she’s hating it far less than she was expecting.

Invoke: Know the basics of human anatomy or simple home remedies, know where one would find hospitals or medical supplies
Compel: Have onlookers or passerbys pester her asking for help, know only the basics when more is needed

Aspect: TBD

Invoke:
Compel:

Approaches:

Stunts:
Goalie’s Stance: Because Miharu has ample experience fighting punks with a hockey stick, whenever she fails a physical attack roll against a character, she gains a +2 to defend against physical attacks from that character until her next turn.
First Aid Kit: Because Miharu has basic first-aid training, her tending to an injured character counts as a doctor’s visit for recovering from consequences(unless the consequence requires hard-to-obtain tools or medicine to recover from).
Sukeban Swing!: Because Miharu knows how to smash and how to scare, at the cost of a FP once per scene where she has enacted violence or destruction of property she can declare anyone within eyeshot to be suitably intimidated or impressed.

Demon(s):
Sobek, Mighty Yet Mannerless
Shield Before Sword: As long as Sobek has not attacked any Mooks during this Scene, Ties while Creating An Advantage or Defending count as Successes.
A perverse and gluttonous beast-man from Egyptian lore, his crass demeanor conceals his true nature of a healer and guardian of the weak.

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 27, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Hong

High Concept: Huge Cosmic Dreams, Itty Bitty Actual Power
When one is bullied at school, one often retreats into the pleasant fantasies of fiction. One then gets an inflated head, often manifesting as addressing oneself as one. Anyway, Vincent, after suffering from bullying for years (partially because of his really stupid first name, thanks a LOT DAD), now sincerely believes that one day he will be elevated into a grand hero (or possibly supervillain, he's not picky) with the power to change the world (and totally get back at that dick James in 4th period.) The fact that this appears to be coming true is doing wonders for his disposition.

Trouble: Actually Pretty Terrible In Practice
Vincent was sure he'd be ready for anything! He read all the fun books about survival and he totally read the Zombie Survival Guide. He's watched the videos about how to win a fight. He's been making what preparations he can, he can do this!

Turns out most of that stuff is bullshit, and that Vincent is too uncoordinated and dorky to do anything he's seen. Too bad Vincent is convinced he's an expert.

Drive: SHOW THEM ALL
One day, you bastards. One day Vincent will be great, the greatest hero/villain/rear end in a top hat there ever was, and on that day YOU WILL SEE! YOU'LL SEE WHO'S THE REAL POPULAR KID, JAMES NORRIS!!

Aspect: Mr. Smartypants
Vincent, despite all his delusions, is genuinely a bright and talented kid when it comes to things that do not require using his doughy, uncoordinated body. Give him some research to do or a puzzle to solve and he's in like Flynn. Which is a reference he would actually get, because he reads too many books (there's no such thing as too many books.)

Aspect: Totally Has a Book On This
Vincent's e-book reader has a solar charger and a metric shitton of stuff on it. If there's a topic, he's probably got a tome or two on there. If he can find it.

Approaches:
Careful: +2
Clever: +3
Forceful: +0

Stunts:
Ideas Guy:
Aspects created Cleverly by Vincent grant +3 when invoked by others and reduce the success with style threshold by 1. Vincent may not succeed with style when invoking these aspects.

Hong Secret Technique:
During any combat that doesn't explicitly prevent it, Vincent may choose to flee for a turn, remove either a stress box or a minor consequence, and return at a later turn of his choosing.

Fervid Imagination:
Vincent may declare himself an Expert in any subject you could conceivably learn from a book. His belief in his own prowess is such that anyone who hasn't met him before (or fallen for this stunt before) becomes convinced that he is right on matters related to that subject until clear and obvious proof is presented to the contrary.

Demon: President Foras

Strength of Body, Strength of Spirit:
Where Vincent lacks, Foras can provide. Vincent may create Aspect Foras' Guidance in the usual way. As long as this Aspect is active attacks invoking it deal +1 stress.

The Thirty-first Spirit is Foras. He is a Mighty President, and appeareth in the Form of a Strong Man in Human Shape. He can give the understanding to Men how they may know the Virtues of all Herbs and Precious Stones. He teacheth the Arts of Logic and Ethics in all their parts. If desired he maketh men invisible, and to live long, and to be eloquent. He can discover Treasures and recover things Lost. He ruleth over 29 Legions of Spirits, and his Seal is this, which wear thou, etc.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 29, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Souji Tunoku

The apocalypse hit everyone. Men and women, the old and young, all alike. Some died instantly. Some died in the chaos that followed. And some rose up, surpassing their past life, adapting and growing to the challenge.

But the apocalypse hasn't happened yet. For now, Souji is just another ordinary high school student. He has relatively few friends after the accident (not because people hate or blame him, but because he blames himself). He's...ok at school. He'd be good at sports if he pushed himself. Yes, a mostly ordinary student in every way.

Life is about to change.

High Concept: Manga Hero in the Making
Souji, like every other Perfectly Normal Japanese High School Student, grew up on a steady supply of shōnen manga and anime - something he still rather enjoys. Souji has always wanted to be a hero, the cool protagonist in all the stories he read; he'd face the bad guys with a smirk, he'd get the girl. Souji has no idea what's about to come.

Invoke: Be the hero, fight for justice, take responsibility, Souji, it seems you've become kinda manly...

Trouble: Hot Blooded Impatience
Careful, patient, understanding, intelligent people are side characters. Heroes charge in!

Compel: No time for plans! No time to see if it's safe! ESPECIALLY no time to hold back even if it's dangerous! Always first in the fray!

Drive: I Must Protect Others
Souji isn't technically trained in martial arts or anything, but he's always been fairly strong, and with his long background of heroic manga idols, he has a strong believe in justice and helping any who needs it - no matter what the circumstances.

Invoke: Protect others, take a blow for someone else, sacrifice himself
Compel: Always be last to leave (if he even retreats in the first place!), throw himself into impossible or unwinnable situations to help someone,

Aspect: The One He Lost
Everyone knows he couldn't have helped. He wasn't even around when it happened. It was just a date by the lake; he didn't even know she couldn't swim. He went to buy some food for them; when he came back, it was too late. Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter.

Invoke:
Compel: Fall into melancholy when reminded, take failures personally, be nervous around water, be reminded of "his failure"

Aspect: ~*~To be filled in game~*~

Invoke:
Compel:

Approaches:
Sneaky: +1

Stunts:
Protagonist Spotlight: People notice a hero. When Souji invokes Manga Hero in the Making, he can optionally also declare that all NPC interactions, positive or negative, become oriented on him.
Lead By Example: Other PCs gain an additional +1 when using a boost Souji creates by succeeding with style.
SOCIAL LINKS SOCIAL LINKS SOCIAL LINKS SOCIAL LINKS: Despite his current reserved nature, Souji is (somehow) excellent at making and keeping friends, and gains +2 to actions regarding such.

Demon(s):
Arjuna
Ksatriyadharma: Once per scene, if a FATE point is spent, Arjuna's self-less heroism and refusal to retreat blossoms into true excellence; one Forceful attack is treated as if it rolled ++++
Third of the Pandavas and said to be the most peerless warrior

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 27, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

blah blah this looks fun and i'm interested bluh bloo posting a thing here soon i guess

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Samuel Harley

I Understand that if this is going to be starting before the earthquake the events that "Break" samuel won't have happened yet, I'm cool with that I just... I'm dumb and want to run with this

High Concept Arbiter of Justice:
Most people snap under pressure, or deal with it... Samuel shattered, parts of him crumpling as others toughened out, leaving him focused on one goal. In the absence of any order there has to be someone making sure people are punished for their sins. Kind of helps he has supernatural demons at his call to help him vent these feelings huh?

Invoke: Judge a person's true nature, deliver punishment
Compel: Leave no wrong unavenged, spare not the guilty

Trouble: Fractures soul:
Seeing everyone you love get murdered right before you and then the all city go to hell kind of leaves you in a fragile state of mind. Add in magical demons and you have to ask how much is real and if a young mind can really keep up with the pressure.
Invoke: YOu think you know the true depths of despair, Really crazy plans (No seriously)
Compel: Visions of the past, Suicidal tactics.

Drive: Vengeance ((Revengance?)):
I will keep on fighting, keep on living... to see that one man dead by my hand... then maybe I can rest.
Invoke: I will not die till that Man dies with me, The Madness of the vengeful.
Compel: Anything to find that man, Nothing Else matters

Aspect: Ruled by Law

Invoke: Legal Mumo Jumbo
Compel: But This is stupidly Illegal, The Letter not the spirit

Aspect: Judge, Jury, Executioner.

Invoke: Keeping A Cool head when evaluating Facts, Appraising people
Compel: God Complex Much?

Approaches:
+3: Sneaky
+2: Clever, Quick
+1: Careful, Forceful

Stunts
Psycho Warfare: Because he has nothing left to lose, Samuel gains +2 on any forceful attacks for the remained of the scene after Taking someone Out with a Sneaky attack.
Final Judgement: Because he will never leave job unfinished, once per session Samuel may appear a the location of someone he has caused a Consequence to so long as they are still in the city and have yet to recover from it.
Lawmeister: Because Samuel knows the law, once per session he may declare an obscure city law or ordinance, placing a sticky Aspect on the world.

Demons
Víðarr, Avenging Son

Avenging Blow: Whenever Samuel receives a consequence or is incapacited, place the aspect "Fated End" on the target with one free invoke. This stunt stacks with itself, adding additional an additional invoke each time.

A boy before the Storm

High Concept Tryin to Be Robin in the hood.

Trouble Cold as (Just)ice

Drive Balance in All things.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 31, 2014

Clockwurke Bear
Oct 3, 2011

"Of course they died because of you. It's because they are the only ones who would die for you."
Riyeko Hayashi

Appearance:
Medium height with very short wild black hair, long bangs on one side curving along the side of her face. She is very slender, resulting in looking rather androgynous (leaning feminine) as she has very little fat to have curves, though a fair amount of muscle tone. She wears contacts but keeps glasses on hand, in case they mess up or break. When not attending school she dresses mainly in t-shirts, sweat shirts, jeans, and sneakers. Accessorizing is mainly nose rings, hip holster purses, and occasionally flat topped caps. On her stomach where she injects insulin is a yellow and black tattoo of the biohazard symbol that she keeps hidden from most everyone.

High Concept Why Wait?
Having been diagnosed early on in her life with Type 1 diabetes, Riyeko understands that her time with sight (and in her opinion to do most things) is limited. As a result she doesn't bother with too much with worrying if there is something she wants, needs to do, or sees as the correct choice.

Invoke: Fighting fear, worries, and logic with determination and gumption.
Compel: Running into things before they are fully planned out.

Trouble: Rough Around the Edges
When you live life to it's fullest and drat the consequences, the consequences start coming up more often. A lot more often. But none the less she can't focus on manners when they become to much a bother, despite the poor reputation she has with her teachers and local peacekeepers.

Invoke: Interacting well with the more 'punk' crowd.
Compel: Poorly interacting with extremely uptight people who see her way of dress, and being told no by figures of authority(and then doing it anyway, or even MORE so).

Drive: You Don't Just Quit
Quitting isn't something you do. If it was she would've done it long ago, but the nurses and doctors told her not to. You just don't. Whether it's wrong or right. Whether it truly seems hopeless. You can fail, dear lord can you fail, but you don't not try.

Invoke: Powering through, despite rhyme or reason. Following blind faith or even concept, but going for it.
Compel: Going for it when it truly is the wrong choice. When the day is over, sometimes no amount of effort will help.

Aspect: Kindness in Kind
While frequenting hospitals, and when learning to deal with her condition, Riyeko met a lot of friendly and encouraging folks with similar conditions, different ones, or even just people with kind words. And it made a difference. So she started being there for the kids in the ward too, and now has chosen to carry this into the rest of her life despite her devil may care attitude.

Invoke: Talking to people on a personal friendly basis and reassuring people who believe the worst will happen.
Compel: Willingly taking the fall for others and protecting people when they don't need to be.

Aspect: Used to Roaming
Riyeko doesn't spend a lot of time at school, most of it spent around the city finding restaurants, seeing sights, and exploring. She knows her way around the city, because sooner or later she won't be able to see it anymore.

Invoke: Finding her way about, knowing people, and a sense of awareness.
Compel: Knowing some people it might be better if she didn't, and neutral/negative relationship with most extracurricular clubs and activities (and with the people involved in them).

Approaches:
+3: Flashy
+2: Forceful, Quick
+1: Clever, Sneaky

Stunts
Medical Knowledge by Osmosis: +2 to Clever when understanding or performing medical actions, as you just have an understanding for the practical application of such things when you spend enough time in a hospital.
Oh I've Heard of That: Once per session know about someone, some place, or something that happened locally and mundane. Through rumors, exploring, and friends, Riyeko knows a lot about the goings on around her.
I Could Ask my Parents...: Once per session obtain some object valued at no greater than one hundred dollars, this will be charged to her emergency credit card, though she should clear it with her parents before or after despite them most likely being cool with it.

Demon:
Baron Samedi, Loa of Death
Baron's Pardon: Once per scene Baron Samedi can fix/prevent the gaining of a health related complication.
Dressed in a black tux, purple shirt, velvet top hat, and black sunglasses, Baron Samedi dresses well but messily. His face bears the imprint of a white skull, and his nose is stuffed with cotton. His demeanor is crass and casual, leaning on a skull topped cane as he curses, drinks, and smokes. But at heart he does care, and he is quite a charmer. But one would have to be, being both a healer and a harvester, working with the many Ghede to help souls to the other side. But as he is in charge, he occasionally makes some exceptions, if he thinks they are truly needed or deserved.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.
Zohar Caulier

High Concept: Half-Breed Rich Girl
With hair as black as sin, the noble family with hair of red did not know what to do with her. They provided her with comforts and luxury, but never looked upon her. Eventually she was sent away, hoping they could forget about her once and for all.

Trouble: Never Good Enough
Born into a prestigious family, given a life she never deserved, how could she fail to meet their expectations? Even a half-breed has to produce results. Eventually she left, hoping no one would remember her.

Drive: “I care about you.”
“Everyone hates me…”
“That’s not true.”
“You’re just saying that.”
“I may not be your father, but you’re still my daughter.”
Crying, she hugged the only person who ever cared about her.

Aspect: Traitor to the Cause
The World Eaters, those who rallied against their corporate masters. She found kin in those who rallied against those that spurned her. But when the World Eaters began a violent campaign, she resisted. And when they found out she was one of them...

Aspect: Hair Stained Red
“You are a spy, a traitor.” They said. And when they put their hands on her, she lashed out against them. Now with hair and hands of red, there was no place left for her in this world.

Experiences:
Remain calm and stay collected

Approaches:
Flashy: +0

Stunts:
Money, That’s all I Got: Because she comes from a rich family, Zohar gets +2 when Forcefully Overcoming Obstacles so long as a fistful of dollars can solve the problem.

Black Sheep: No one ever really pays attention to Zohar, no matter where she is. She gets +2 to Sneakily Create an Advantage, but only when there are other people around that aren't aware of her.

Enduring Soul: Zohar has been through some hard times. Some really bad, terrible times. Once per scene, she can soldier on through minor problems and shrug off a Mild Consequence.

Demon:
Arachne, the Cursed Weaver

Magnificent Tapestry: As one might expect of the mother of all spiders, Ariadne is a master at weaving threads. When Carefully Overcoming an Obstacle, so long as the obstacle can be reasonably overcome entirely by a web, a Tie is counted as a Success.

Once a mortal woman, her weaving was the best any mortal could conspire to. In her hubris, she challenged the gods. For her insolence, she was turned into a spider and forced to weave in perpetuity.
As demons reflect their Master’s nature, it is curious that Arachne appears more human than monster. Has she yet to be punished by the gods, or does she simply wear the mask well?

Pixie, Class E Fairy
Electrotherapy: When Pixie Forcefully Succeeds with Style while Creating an Advantage, the recipient can, once per scene, choose to only receive one boost but remove one stress box.

Mild:
Moderate:
Severe:

Significant Milestone (end of day one):
+1 to Clever
Experience: Remain calm and stay collected

Staticpulse fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 14, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Jodie Vessot

High Concept: Paranoid Survivalist’s Daughter
Jodie's father is not a well person. She'd be a fool to not admit it. But he wasn't always this bad. He just wanted to keep his family safe, at first. After all, it was a tough world out there and he's got two daughters who won't always have him there to keep them safe. It wasn't until Mom left that he went over the edge. He went from worrying about accidents to worrying about corporate overlords. Susan got sick of that, and then she got accepted to Sunrise University and she never talked to Dad again. Jodie, she never had that chance and couldn't bring herself to leave her father alone if she did. He'd probably start mailing people bombs if he didn't have her around to keep him kind of sane, and she just can't let him fall that far.

But now? Now he's dying and Jodie doesn't know what to do. Doctors are giving him a month at most. For now, all she can think to do is tell Susan about Dad, and after that... She'll figure that out when she comes to it.

Trouble: Never Been To The City Before
Listen, this is going to sound strange to all you city slickers, but Jodie didn't even have a COMP until a week ago. Bought a prepaid one with her bus ticket down to Sunrise. She just never needed one back in Saint Agustin. It's just not big enough to have installing the AR relays worth it. Hell, one block of Sunrise has more people living in it than all of Saint Agustin. So, if it seems like Jodie doesn't know how things work in the city, it's because she doesn't.

Drive: The Search For Susan
It really would be simpler if Jodie just called the university and had them tell Susan that Dad was dying. It'd be easier, too. Jodie doesn't want to do the easy thing, though. She wants to do the thing that will let her reconnect with the only family she has left. If she can't do that, she'll be the only one at Dad's funeral. She can't live with that.

Aspect: The Truth Is Out There
People in power lie, everyone knows that. That doesn't mean Jodie has to accept it. No, she's going to find out what's really going on whenever and wherever she can. Sure, this can lead her on some wild goose chases, but what can she do? She is still her father's daughter, after all.

Aspect: Weirdly Intense
Jodie is many things. Easygoing is not one of them. Disconcerting, sure. Intense, yeah. Able to stare a hole through steel, only if you're feeling hyperbolic. But easygoing? Not in the slightest. Not when she has something as serious as a lost sister to look for.

Approaches:
Careful +3
Clever +2
Flashy +0
Forceful +1
Quick +1
Sneaky +2

Stunts:
CQC Basics: Because Dad taught you some things when you were younger, when you succeed with style when carefully defending, create a situation aspect instead of a boost.
Always Pack A Spare: Because you know the first rule of proper planning, once per scene you can pull out one small bit of survival gear you could reasonably have in your pack.
It All Makes Sense Now!: The strangest things can make a seemingly unsolvable mystery come together and make sense - to appear utterly simple, even. When you make a Clever roll to Overcome an obstacle and roll a natural +3 or +4 on the dice, automatically receive a clue based on the facts you know concerning a matter of your choice, as if you had spent a Fate Point.

Toubyo, A Lucky Jug Of Snakes
Spirit Possession: Once per scene when Toubyo takes out a target, it may use the target’s Approaches in place of it’s own for the remainder of the scene.
A possessive spirit in the form of a small snake, spoken of in the Shikoku and San-in regions. A golden ring is wrapped around its neck. It is also called Tonbe or Tonbo and can possess humans. They are kept in earthen bottles and are given the same food as people. If you send it to one you have a grudge against, it will make them suffer, but if treated badly it will attack its owner. Because snakes are thought to bring good luck, it`s said that taking care of a Toubyou will bring prosperity to one`s family.
---
Getting my sheet up now, and I'll edit in my fluff when it's written.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 4, 2014

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Masao Minegishi

High Concept: Script Kiddie with a White Hat
Some people are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness thrust upon them. Some, unhappy with how drat long greatness is taking to arrive, reroute it. A delayed flight here, a couple diverted payments there, and greatness shows up at your doorstep, maybe not on its own schedule but certainly on yours. Sure, the parents tend to worry when said greatness comes in the form of a couple Sac-Nicte suits who've traced your hacks back to your IP but who's to say I didn't let them? I always told the old man, "This isn't just computer stuff, Dad, it's my future. I'm gonna be rich and famous doing this one day." And it got me an all-expenses paid education at their prestigious boarding school in Sunrise, didn't it? All I have to do is ace my classes and in five years I'll have a cushy coding job in the city of the future.

Invoke: Know anything with a microchip involved.
Compel: Accept a challenge of wits when it would be prudent not to.

Trouble: It's All a Game
Of course you have to go through all these tests, and the counselors say that I don't take things seriously enough. Hell yeah! I'm seventeen years old, I got my whole life ahead of me! What's the point if I don't start livin' a little? I'm out of the boondocks and in the big city now, man! Life's a game, and I'm on the high score list!

Invoke: Get disturbingly lucky with a ridiculous gamble.
Compel: Feel lucky, possibly contrary to reality, and act accordingly.

Drive: Winner Takes All
You can't take things too seriously when your chosen career path involves staring at screens full of code all day. You'll go insane. Make a competition out of it: who are you hoping to one-up with this latest revision, and why is your fork of the code better than his? Then devote all your energy to making that other rear end in a top hat rue the day he first laid hands on a keyboard. Who's the nerd now, Aihara?!

Invoke: Put in the extra effort needed to win.
Compel: Take a contest or competition too seriously.

Aspect: Genre Savvy
I'm not a Featherman Ranger or anything, but I've played my share of video games; I know what's up. When the zombie apocalypse goes down, I've got my survival plan.

Invoke: Realize something obvious about the situation that makes sense from a different perspective.
Compel: Put into motion an untenable plan.
I honestly cannot decide what my free aspects should be. If this one is OK, and I doubt it is, I have one. Otherwise I got nothin'.

Approaches:
+3: Clever
+2: Flashy, Quick
+1: Forceful, Sneaky

Stunts
Chew on This, Mavis Beacon: +2 to Quickly overcome obstacles by typing, operating controls, or otherwise using many years of training pushing buttons.
Kill 'em with Jargon: +2 to Flashily create advantages by speaking geek.
Overload: When succeeding with style on a Clever attack, can take -1 damage to create a situation aspect.

Demon: Hanuman
Ride the Wind: Hanuman gets +2 to Quickly overcome obstacles by jumping high in the air or across long distances.
A heroic monkey god of Hindu descent who is renowned and popular. He is extremely nimble and has extraordinary knowledge.

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 26, 2014

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.

Mister Sirius Kent

High Concept: Workaholic Runaway
Surrounded by innocence and ignorance, there was nothing left for him to cherish. Swallowed by thoughts of inadequacy and a deep-rooted demand to stand on his own, there was nothing to keep him. Alone in a new city, a world’s worth of potential was granted to him.

Trouble: Curiosity Killed the Cat...
It is one thing to be curious. It is another to disbelieve reality until one has experienced it first-hand. It’s an altogether different monster that Sirius entertains that drives him to plunge headfirst into every opportunity, regardless of the consequence, in order to achieve satisfaction. In the end, it doesn’t matter what comes before or comes after; only the ticking heartbeat clock of Now counts down in Sunrise..

Drive: ...Satisfaction Brought Him Back.
In a world of unlimited potential, there is no greater glory than that of Doing. Sirius might starve, he might go fed for weeks without worry. He might fight and win, or fight and lose. Anything and everything can and will happen to a headstrong young man throwing himself into as much as life can offer, but one thing remains true. Throughout it all, Sirius is doing something himself, and that is more than enough to make it worth going on to do it all again.

Aspect: Watch Out For The Quiet Ones
Everybody in the southern side of Sunrise knows that Sirius Kent is a quiet, don’t-bother-me-none-won’t-bother-you-none fella. Mostly because anybody who does take to bothering Mister Kent is given a quiet, don’t-mind-me-none-just-throwing-you-in-a-trashcan tussle before they can ruin his business. It’s a quiet, peaceful relationship that both sides like to keep to so nobody ends up with banana peels in their hair.

Aspect: A Customer in Need
The past four years of independent living doing any odd jobs that were available instilled one crucial law in Sirius’ mind: Never let a potential customer get passed up. Even if they can’t pay now, Sirius knows that helping them anyway will at least improve their attitude and brighten up their day. Happy customers are eventually happy-to-pay customers, and if there’s one thing Sirius brought from his own life, it’s the knowledge of what a happy community can do for somebody looking to profit.

Approaches:
Flashy: +0

Stunts:
A Potential Customer!: Once per encountering a person in a predicament, Sirius gets +2 to Quickly Overcoming Obstacles in order to get to their side.

People Talk to the Taxi-man: Due to often ferrying people places in his personal rickshaw, Sirius can once per session recall information on something that’s been word-of-mouth lately.

You Can’t Run Forever: Sirius hates his past, but it has proven useful in saving him before. Due to a very specialized upbringing, Sirius gets +2 to Sneakily Creating an Advantage when striking deals with people in power.

Demon:
Anubis, Protector of the Dead

A son of Ra, god of sun, and Nephthys, goddess of death, Anubis was the jackal-headed god of the afterlife and the champion of the dead. A warrior of darkness and the underworld, Anubis was also a creator, being able to rebuild the body of Osiris to combat against the dark god Seth.

Demon Stunts:
Judge: Once per scene, when at least two parties are in violent argument, Anubis will forcibly involve himself and mediate the dispute, determining which side is in the right and, if necessary, punishing the party in the wrong.

Velyoukai fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 20, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ren Mizushima

High Concept: Renowned Theologist, Archaeologist, Demonologist
Having made numerous discoveries and written more than a few books and papers, Ren has achieved some fame as an expert on past cultures, particularly ancient religions, myths, and superstitions. She also has some lesser writings on the occult, conspiracies, and other strange phenomena, but these receive less attention, at least in "reputable" circles.

Trouble: Questionable Reputation
While generally positive, Ren's fame has a few dark spots. Her writing on the occult, combined with a few other factors, have some regarding her as a bit of a kook. Additionally, there are some rumors about her going around, from that she's involved with one (or more) cult, that her writings influenced the mysterious Demon Summoning App, or that she was even involved in the App's creation.

Drive: Need to Know (Everything)
Ren's curiosity and lust for knowledge is unparalleled. She doesn't just need to know the what, she needs the how and the why as well. No information is too insignificant or irrelevant.

Aspect: Still Waters Run Deep
Despite her (carefully practiced) placid appearance, beneath the surface Ren is constantly thinking and questioning. Even when faced with a challenge or a dangerous situation, she's capable of keeping a calm facade and figuring out a way to deal with it. Though, sometimes she can get too absorbed in what she's thinking about and zone out, or give the impression that she's not really engaged in what's happening.

Approaches:
Careful +3
Clever +2
Flashy +1
Forceful +2
Quick +0
Sneaky +1

Stunts:
Wrote the Book On It, Literally: Once per scene, when faced with a new demon or occult situation, Ren can spend a Fate Point to recall some useful information on the subject.
TBD

Demons:
Yatagarasu, Messenger of the Sun
Stunt TBD
Three-legged crow and servant of Amaterasu, the Yatagarasu hails from Japanese myth. It is sent by the goddess to aid humans, such as when it guided Emperor Jinmu to victory.

Alternate option: Nyarlathotep.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 31, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Kenji Omura

High Concept: Cutthroat Businessman
Work hard. Increase profits. Beat quotas. It's not easy for Sac-Nicte Corporation to keep this city running and it needs an army of salarymen like Kenji Omura to do it. A graduate from a prestigious business school, Kenji has developed a reputation within the company for having the no-mercy go-getter attitude that they're looking for in up-and-coming middle management. His interns fear him, his competitors hate him, and his bosses love him!

Trouble: Waist-Deep in S-N Intrigue
These days there is not much corporate competition against Sac-Nicte. Those who have tried have largely gone out of business here. Hooray! On the other hand, the different divisions of the company often have a hard time working together properly. Secrets are kept from one another, managers butt heads with each other, resources are fought over, and so on. And then, of course, there is the whole matter of the World Eaters. As a S-N Manager, Kenji has a pretty big target painted on his head...

Drive: Clearly, Nobody Can Handle My Awesome Intellect
Kenji has a secret. He is smarter than you. He is smarter than anyone in this room. He is smarter than anyone in this building, even. Maybe even the whole city. And that is why, no matter what, he will succeed. There is no way the world would allow someone him to fall behind mere peasants.

Sometimes this secret is not so well kept.

Aspect: Expensive is Beautiful
Of course, life is not just about work. Sometimes one must stop to admire the finer things in life. Like designer suits, fancy jewelry, perfect haircuts, and priceless works of art. No, wait, those have a price. It's actually just very high. That makes them very beautiful.

Kenji adores all that he considers beautiful, and it so happens that almost everything he finds beautiful is also very expensive. He might be spending beyond his means to buy a lot of these things, but at least he has a drat snazzy wardrobe.

Aspect: Take No Chances
The corporate world is serious business. Make one big slip-up and you're hosed -- doomed to work at the same desk for the next ten years. The outside world is even worse. Make one slip-up there and the World Eaters will put a bullet in your head.

Kenji is very conscious of the consequences that he feels could come crashing down on him at any moment, and is wary of taking any risks which could potentially put him in danger.

Approaches

Stunts:
Buy-In: When you roll Careful to Create an Advantage based on lying and succeed, your target will believe anything reasonable you say that does not conflict with facts he knows to be true until you exhaust the free invokes on your created Aspect or exit the scene.
The Smartest Man In The Room: Once per scene, you can spend a Fate Point and roll Clever against a difficulty of Mediocre, generating a number of Aspects and/or free invokes equal to your result, to a minimum of 1. However, you also place the Aspect 'Insufferable Ego' on yourself for the remainder of the scene, with one free invoke for others to use.
Used To The Competition: In a sea of mediocrity, you stand out like a star. Whenever someone rolls to oppose you using the same approach you did, gain a +2 bonus to your roll.

Demons:

Suzaku, The Vermillion Bird of the South
10,000 Hues of Vermillion: The many shades of Vermillion found in Suzaku's feathers grants it a +2 bonus to flashily create advantages by mesmerizing others with its beauty and grace.
The Vermilion bird is one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations. According to Wu Xing, the Taoist five-elemental system, it represents the fire-element, the direction south, and the season summer correspondingly. Suzaku is an elegant and noble bird in both appearance and behavior, it is very selective in what it eats and where it perches, with its feathers in many different hues of Vermilion.

Places of Interest:

7th Street Curiosities
Aspect: If you can't find it elsewhere, you can find it here...
If you're looking for a place to buy anything you wouldn't normally find in stores, 7th Street Curiosities is the place to go. Not only does it have a vast collection of "treasures" from around the world, but if you ask you can almost certainly get whatever it is you want ordered from somewhere. There's definitely something shady about the business, though, it never really seems to have enough customers to stay in business...

Zepp Jackson
Apect: I can make it happen, for a price...

Zepp is a man with a lot of underground connections. Primarily driven by his pocketbook, he can set you up with the right man if you're willing to pay and know how to keep things quiet. He insists that he is not a criminal, and simply a business man that knows how to facilitate deals. Whatever those deals are, he says, is not his problem.

Madame Anjou's Luxury Boutique
Aspect: Nothing Less Than The Best

If you want to look your best, and frugality is not a major concern, this store is the place to go. Always stocked with the very best international designer brands, (none of that second-tier trash) this boutique has an unparalleled selection of top-of-the-line fashions. In addition, its tailoring and cosmetic services are top-notch. If you have the money to spend, this place will make you look fantastic for your next formal event. Just try not to drag too much dirt in. Y'know, if you're one of poor people.

Felicia Anjou
Aspect: Nobody UNDERSTANDS Fashion Like I do

The elegant, if pretentious, owner of the Luxury Boutique. She insists that she has the finest fashion sense in the whole city and that it is her duty to help those less fortunate than her. She does a pretty good job, though, so most customers don't complain about her attitude. Her birth name is Felicia Meyers.

Twin Springs Country Club
Aspect: Snooty as Snooty Can Be

A very exclusive gated community centered around an 18-hole golf course and clubhouse. Designed to be a place for the most affluent to relax, the community is normally quite keen on keeping anybody that doesn't belong from entering. They would just mess the place up, you know, with their lack of understanding of high-class etiquette and so on. The residents here are pretty close-knit, largely tied together by their disdain for others.

Sarah Fitzgerald
Aspect: Surprisingly Kind

The community manager at Twin Springs, Sarah Fitzgerald is the main person responsible for interacting with residents and guests. Primarily focused on how she can help people, she lacks the snootiness and bad attitude typical of the community. She can probably help you out, unless it happens to be that you're breaking one of the club's many rules. Then she'll kindly ask you to leave.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 17, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Oh dear, this is a lot of interest. I think I'm going to be closing apps in 13 hours, so whoever else is interested, please say so now.

After that, I'll give everyone until the end of the week to finish their sheets and I will make picks.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I'll have something up by the end of the day.

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

Interested, I'll see if I can't throw something together tonight.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Going to see if I can start a fire here. Fire started.

Kozue Watanabe

There was a girl who impressed her family with the things she learned, who was rewarded and thanked for the things she knew.

As she grew older it became understood that she was smart. Quizzes and bees got her attention and rewards, but now it was expected of her.

Resentment shifted things during Junior High. Rather than seek what what she wanted to know, she sought what others wanted to know. Gossip, study notes... the use of her mind for her profit was a rebellion of sorts.

A way to get attention, all over again.

High School has matured it, however, and she has become more interested in the implications and meaning of finding out necessary truths. Is there more to this than securing her spot on the social ladder, or is she still just a child looking for acknowledgement?

High Concept: Information Maven

A keeper of gossip, news, secrets, facts - Kozue is not only knowledgeable, but is also constantly in a process of collecting and updating information. Moreover, she's not really inclined to just be a collector of knowledge, but to apply it practically. Often, she charges for her services amongst fellow students, but the payment is often petty and small, more intended to weed out the crowd than to make a profit. Though technically not affiliated with the school paper, she and Ai Teruma, a school reporter, regularly trade information.

Trouble: Meddling Kid

Kozue's curiosity often gets her in trouble, whether it's with school officials or worse. More than just being nosy, she will break rules or even laws to solve a mystery when it's on her mind. She can be obsessive and nosy to a point of obnoxiousness, stopping only really at the point of direct self-preservation and indecency. Granted, it should be mentioned she usually doesn't stick her nose in people's personal lives, but will look in on just about anything else.

Drive: The Truth

Truth is how people understand, advance, and grow. Lies keep people from moving forward. Of course, little truths aren't worth going after, but instead big truths, like the truth behind a disaster, the secret plans of a ominous organization, or whether or not somebody really will go out on a date with her before she asks. Sometimes it's on account of her looking to create some good by revealing some secret, but just as often it's just the fact it bugs her so much that she doesn't know something.

Aspect: In the Loop

A lot of students owe Kozue here and there, and she can call on favors from a variety of people in the school. Moreover, she knows names... and what's behind those names. Even if she doesn't know somebody, she can pick up information pretty quickly. However, she does have to do her end for helping people out, can get the occasional bit of harassment for those looking for her help, and her own expertise is quite well-known amongst the youth of Sunrise.

Aspect: Outside the Box

Kozue isn't inclined to just collect knowledge like a tome anymore, but instead use her knowledge in practical ways. Even esoteric facts can be applied, given the right circumstances or sufficient brilliance. She tends to consider options dismissed by most, as well as experiment with new ideas. Of course, this can also lead to overlooking a simple solution, or just coming across as smug and showy.

Clever: +3

Stunts

To Be Continued!

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 29, 2014

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
She's back, bitches!

Keiko "Red" Iwatori

High Concept: Sizzling Songstress

A beautiful, talented pop idol, Keiko was a sensation throughout the City of Sunrise. With a smile and a wave, she could make the boys faint and the girls scream with glee. It wasn't the easiest life, and it certainly wasn't normal, but then, fame never is. Fortunately, she's managed to score a corporate sponsorship from the Sac-Nicte Corporation, and she's done a few commercials for their latest product, the COMP.

Invoke to: Put on a show of epic proportions, utilize amazing stage presence or acting skills
Compel to: Prove that reality is quite a bit different than her experience, seek out the limelight

Trouble: I Want It NOW!

Unfortunately, Keiko's upbringing has made her into a spoiled brat. Always used to getting things her way, she's been known to throw tantrums of epic proportions. While her father could resist her "charms" for a while, Keiko became very skilled at wheedling and whining to get what she wanted.

Invoke to: Annoy people to get what Keiko wants, assert her desires
Compel to: Have people treat her like a child, damage her reputation

Drive: Daddy's Little Perfectionist

Even through it all, Keiko's father absolutely loved her, and wanted only the best for his princess. He pushed her to do her very best, and Keiko took his teachings to heart. Now, nothing but the best will ever do.

Invoke to: take the time to set something up JUST RIGHT.
Compel to: be selfish, complain that things aren't perfect.

Free: Sugary Smile, Syrupy Sweet

On stage, Keiko shifts her persona entirely. Instead of a bratty, spoiled child, a vision of beauty and glory takes the world by storm. Even off stage, Keiko is still often in the public eye, so she has become very practiced at utilizing her winning smile.

Invoke to: Butter up a person, flash the best disarming smile.
Compel to: Come off as fake, push too hard.

Free: Rising Phoenix

Keiko's career has had its ups and down, but every time she had a failure, she returned even stronger. The passion she has for her career, even with all her faults, can be described as nothing less than a burning fire. It is for these reasons that Keiko has earned the nickname "Blazing Phoenix".

Invoke to: Overcome hardship, bounce back from failure.
Compel to: burn down to ashes.

Approaches:
+3: Forceful
+2: Quick, Flashy
+1: Clever, Sneaky
+0: Careful

Stunts:

Manufactured Persona: Because Keiko is a pop idol persona, she gains +2 to Clever rolls whenever she is lying about herself.

Famous Diva: Because Keiko is a talented diva, once per scene she may place the aspect "All Eyes on Me!" on the scene after any successful Flashy roll.

Too Hot to Handle: Because Keiko has a fiery personality, she gains +2 to forcefully Overcome social obstacles.

quote:

Pheonix, Blazing Bird
Rise From the Ashes: Once per scene, after Phoenix is sacrificed, it may be resummoned.
The phoenix is a mythical sacred fire bird which originated in the Sub-continent of India in ancient mythologies mentioned in the Egyptian and later the Phoenician and the Greek Mythology.

OmegaGoo fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 27, 2014

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
bluh, actually think I'll withdraw this

got busier than expected with life things

Zandracon fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 31, 2014

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Slammin' down my interest and a teaser because yeah.

Serefina Badgirl

LifePost Entry #1,667
Mood: :woop:
Listening To: Homestuck Vol. 7 - ALL OF IT XD

HAAAAI EVERYBODY!!!~<3<3<3<3

Oh. Em. GEEEEEEEE!!! This is the Best!Day!Evaaaaaar! I mean yeah, the Hot Topic sorta got on fire and there's a lot of people who are all dead and sad and junk but I mean come on THEY'RE FINALLY HERE! All those badass monsters and demons and those awesome gods...those hunky...shirtless gods...*drool*

Okay I'm getting off topic and you've already seen my fanart but still oh my god this is the best day of my LYFE! All that fantasy stuff is coming back to life, Ragnarok is here and EVERYTHING IS AWESOME RAAAAAAWR! Teehee, it's so great seeing all the cool poo poo that the fanclub is bringing in I can hardly believe this is happening!

OOOOOO before I forget! I totally had one of those really prophetic dreams last night! I was like, sitting on this throne that was made of spider webs and cards and then there was this one guy with a long gandalf beard and this really sagely chick (who was kinda hot) in front of me. And I was all like "woah this is weird what was going on" and they were all "oooOOOOOooo you must prepare yourself young one, for you have much potential" and I'm like "EEEEE this is totally cool what am i preparing for :3" and they were all "to fulfill your place in the great cosmos" and I'm like "yeeeah, totes awesome."

Then I woke up and there was screaming and I was sad :,(. I started a charity thing with the rest of the fanclub here <---linky btw, pleasepleaseplease donate they look so sad and it's kinda making me sad and it's kinda bad.

BUT! I haven't given up hope just yet! Cause after I made that I figured out what I need to do! I mean, I've fantasized about this time ever since I opened up my first copy of The Wizard School! I have the power, I have the will, and I have the love and support of my fellow fans! I know what I must do, dear readers, I must CONQUER THE WORLD!!!

The course is set fellow Occult Fanatics! I shall rule this world with my iron lace covered fist! I will do what I've prepared all my life for! GET READY WORLD CAUSE THERE'S A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!!

Loveyloveylove yoooooou my pretties (^3^)~~~~<3<3<3
Serefina Badgirl |o|(><)|o|

High Concept: The Happiest Punk Goth

Invoke: To have a perky personality, to keep things light with a (slightly morbid) sense of humor
Compel: To stick out like a sore thumb, to whip out that morbidness when morbidness is unwarranted, to be bait for nerds everywhere

Trouble: fangirl.txt

Invoke: To be able to withstand horrors, to work hard for the sake of the fandom
Compel: To be a completely broken person capable of such mind-warping insanity that Hastur himself has nightmares of an encounter with her.

Drive: You Shall Have A GOD QUEEN!!!

Invoke: To rule in her own Greek Anime play, basically rule over all this supernatural poo poo that's going on.
Compel: Have we mentioned that she's sort of insane? Yeah, and this is insane too.

Aspect: Totally Psychic

Invoke: To do psychic things, to have connections to everything Zodiac, tarot, and psychic related.
Compel: To be totally full of poo poo on psychic things, to have one of her "predictions" actually be right...

Approaches:

Stunts:

It's Just Like My Fanfiction!: Once per session, when there is something that could reasonably appear in some terrible fanfiction (tsundere, yaoi, etc.), Serefina can declare that she has wrote of it and place an aspect of Just Like My Fanfic on said thing.

No Personal Bubble: Whenever Serefina assists someone, they gain a +2 instead of a +1 since they want her out of their face as soon as possible.

OMG 2SPOOKY: Once per session, Serefina can invoke the terrible meme of "2SPOOKY" in order to remove a psychologically related Aspect. She automatically gains the ire of everyone in earshot in exchange.

quote:

Demon:

Hera, Vengeful Goddess of Marriage

Hell Hath No Fury: Whenever a negative Aspect is placed on Hera/Serefina, an equivalent Aspect is placed on the one who made it.

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 31, 2014

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Interest posting for an Icelandic DotCom millionaire turned musician/philanthropist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

You know what, yes, I'm interested. I enjoyed the Persona character I made, and I think I'll enjoy this. If I can make it, because I see stiff competition. Thinking of making a heroic EMT.

• Locked thread