Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

Bill O'Reilly was actually offended by the ad.

No, I am not kidding.

That's because he has a dildo up his rear end.

No, I am not kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Meltathon posted:

Too bad that song is so terrible.

As I recall, all of the commercials in that series had pop songs translated literally so they didn't scan at all. They just jammed the syllables in no matter how badly they fit, and I'm pretty sure :thejoke:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
You don't need an awkward translation to make a Fun song terrible

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Phobic Nest posted:

As I recall, all of the commercials in that series had pop songs translated literally so they didn't scan at all. They just jammed the syllables in no matter how badly they fit, and I'm pretty sure :thejoke:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't, Taco Bell commercials are just poo poo is all.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

raditts posted:

Taco Bell commercials are just poo poo is all.

poo poo commercials for food that makes people poo poo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

poo poo song or no, if you can't enjoy 1 minute of old people doing awesome things, you can't enjoy much

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I liked the commercial but it did not make me want to eat Taco Bell it made me fear my own mortality

Brian Moser
Mar 11, 2012

Gonz posted:

poo poo commercials for food that makes people poo poo.

What's so wrong with white people that I constantly hear Taco Bell ruins their insides? Is it serious, or is it a joke reference to a movie or cultural zeitgeist piece of humour? Here's a hint, if you stop eating canned food and mayo out of jars, you'll be able to handle Real World Food, and hell maybe even leave the country and eat Other Stuff, too! :dance: :ssh:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Brian Moser posted:

What's so wrong with white people that I constantly hear Taco Bell ruins their insides? Is it serious, or is it a joke reference to a movie or cultural zeitgeist piece of humour? Here's a hint, if you stop eating canned food and mayo out of jars, you'll be able to handle Real World Food, and hell maybe even leave the country and eat Other Stuff, too! :dance: :ssh:

Taco Bell is real world food.

Those are there words I wasn't expecting to see next to each other.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Brian Moser posted:

Literally everything in Taco Bell is made out of about 5 ingredients, and none of it is high quality.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Brian Moser posted:

Taco Bell, the highest of culinary craftsmanship.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, the issues with Taco Bell have nothing to do with it being "ethnic" (term used very loosely here) and everything to do with the fact that it's bottom tier fast food that is digestible in only the most rudimentary sense.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Brian Moser posted:

Last time we ate there, my wife I got food poisoning. That might have something to do with it.

Cheesy Gordita Crunches are still delicious, though.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Brian Moser posted:

It is, literally, the only fast food chain that you can consistently bet on getting food poisoning from in less than 10 visits.

Ask any given 10 people who admit to having eaten there and you'll find nearly all of them have either had food poisoning or known someone who has.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Getting an upset stomach from eating at a place is not food poisoning. Food poisoning is a serious thing where the food has actually been contaminated by bacteria and I can guarantee that no Taco Bell is actually giving it to anybody without being shut down very quickly.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
what is the deal with white people am i right folks

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I get this thing during Jeopardy every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v50UeG-WPm8

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ayn rand hand job posted:

Taco Bell is real world food.

Those are there words I wasn't expecting to see next to each other.

Nah, you're just too white to appreciate quality when you see it.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 23, 2014

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I don't know if this is a Canadian-only company/commercial, but the new Dempster's commercial with the "I'm Too Sexy" song can just go gently caress right off and die. It was mildly interesting/amusing the first time I saw it this morning, and now by the 15th time, I hate it.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
How many commercials are using that bloody "I'm Coming Home" song right now? Way too drat many :shepicide:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Brian Moser posted:

Can you lend me a few thousand dollars so I can afford to travel overseas to get ~enlightened~?

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
Taco Bell is the only fast food place I go to and it fuckin' owns and all these people complaining about stomach problems are hyper sensitive snowflake goons. Yeah I said it, go get 3 soft tacos for 3 bucks and eat that poo poo then smoke that poo poo bitch.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I dined at Taco Bell last week for the first time in three years. It ended a three year boycott because I had four straight orders at three different Taco Bells in three states messed up (nothing complicated either: three soft tacos no cheese) and I got all sorts of variants. The last straw was when I got hard tacos with no lettuce and had diced onion on them). So I went to one last week and...I got three hard tacos with no cheese.

Guess I'll check back in 2017 to see if they get better at following instructions.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The only problem I have at Taco Bell is that I always find random bits of poo poo I don't want in my food. I think their prep stations are just a clusterfuck with ingredients flying all over the place. They don't mess up my order too often though. Sometimes I'll get a chicken quesadilla rather than steak but that usually just means they remake it and I get en extra one on them.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Rap Music and Dope posted:

Taco Bell is the only fast food place I go to and it fuckin' owns and all these people complaining about stomach problems are hyper sensitive snowflake goons. Yeah I said it, go get 3 soft tacos for 3 bucks and eat that poo poo then smoke that poo poo bitch.

Yes of course, it's "hypersensitive" to get the shits after you eat a half-ton of nothing but grease topped with spices and plastic cheese product.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

No thanks. My doctor has put me on a strict, low e-coli diet.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jesse Pinkman?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Jesse Pinkman?

Sorry man, Jesse's all about the Taco Cabeza.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I saw an ad for Lysol disinfectant spray where it talks about all the creative uses people have come up with, like cleaning carpets *Lysol disinfectant spray is not for use on carpets.

And it's much better at disinfecting than Febreeze *Not compared to Febreeze disinfectant spray.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kaizoku posted:

I saw an ad for Lysol disinfectant spray where it talks about all the creative uses people have come up with, like cleaning carpets *Lysol disinfectant spray is not for use on carpets.

And it's much better at disinfecting than Febreeze *Not compared to Febreeze disinfectant spray.

My favorite disinfectant ad will forever be this one.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Look, say what you will about the shittiness of anti-drug ads, but I love the dog Above the Influence one because that song is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Okh1ow9B4

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Brian Moser posted:

It's probably because Taco Bell meat is made of grade Z chicken asses and/or pulverized meat from retired dairy cows.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sash! posted:

I dined at Taco Bell last week for the first time in three years. It ended a three year boycott because I had four straight orders at three different Taco Bells in three states messed up (nothing complicated either: three soft tacos no cheese) and I got all sorts of variants. The last straw was when I got hard tacos with no lettuce and had diced onion on them). So I went to one last week and...I got three hard tacos with no cheese.

Guess I'll check back in 2017 to see if they get better at following instructions.

The secret is to order the stuff from the "fresco" menu. I had no problem getting a taco with no cheese if you order that. You have to remember that most fast food chains do stuff by volume and have such high turnovers in staff that there not as flexible when it comes to their product. Unless they mention that you "get your way", like Burger King or a regional chain like Whataburger or In-N-Out, they'll serve their food as it's on the menu. No custom orders.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Latuda (an antidepressant)is running an ad that lists THE WORST set of side effects you've ever heard. Suicide, irreversible nerve damage, coma, seizures, drop in white blood cells leading to death, etc. It seems like its fake due to the sheer horror of what it can do.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

ShaqDiesel posted:

Latuda (an antidepressant)is running an ad that lists THE WORST set of side effects you've ever heard. Suicide, irreversible nerve damage, coma, seizures, drop in white blood cells leading to death, etc. It seems like its fake due to the sheer horror of what it can do.

It's actually an antipsychotic and those are all side-effects that can occur with that class of drugs, not just Latuda.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

rotinaj posted:

Look, say what you will about the shittiness of anti-drug ads, but I love the dog Above the Influence one because that song is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Okh1ow9B4

What a pushy loving dog.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC6AzmXrNbU

My sister visited last month and mentioned this commercial that she found to be hilarious. Before she mentioned it, I had not noticed it at all. But since hearing about it, nary a commercial break goes by without this being aired. There are actually two versions of this- one where the Russian-sounding couple at the end clink their glasses together, and one where they don't. It's got that low-budget local commercial charm, but I'd appreciate it if they played it a little bit less.

Also, notice that the video title says it's a "NEW" commercial. It was uploaded five years ago. A search for "Grand Prospect Hall commercial" on YouTube brings up one from 1986, so New York area viewers will be seeing this on their TVs for a long time yet.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

PT6A posted:

I don't know if this is a Canadian-only company/commercial, but the new Dempster's commercial with the "I'm Too Sexy" song can just go gently caress right off and die. It was mildly interesting/amusing the first time I saw it this morning, and now by the 15th time, I hate it.

It's at least the second in a campaign using the same gimmick (replacing the actress' voice with sing clips) and the whole lot can just disappear. Doesn't help it's on every commercial break.

Fox can gently caress off with having every bumper reminding me they have the Super Bowl too.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I watched 2 shows on Fox On Demand, and literally every commercial was for that new show Rake. Every goddamn one. They've convinced me to not watch the show at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

SpacePig posted:

I watched 2 shows on Fox On Demand, and literally every commercial was for that new show Rake. Every goddamn one. They've convinced me to not watch the show at all.

I have this weird fingernails-on-chalkboard type reaction whenever I hear shows with obtuse names. House, Rake, Breaking Bad . Ughgghghghg.