Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

ShadowHawk posted:

He avoids the thicker lamp cords. It seems to be just USB cables he likes. He also doesn't "eat" them, he just bites/chews till it dies like it's a piece of string.

This is why people recommend feather toys or mice or other "prey" on the end of a string toy. Cats shouldn't be taught that unattended, string-like objects are toys. That's how they get electrocuted and/or swallow a bunch of string that ties up their guts and it's big trouble either way

I worry about CamH's cat with that crazy string octopus toy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

PipeRifle posted:

This is why people recommend feather toys or mice or other "prey" on the end of a string toy. Cats shouldn't be taught that unattended, string-like objects are toys. That's how they get electrocuted and/or swallow a bunch of string that ties up their guts and it's big trouble either way

I worry about CamH's cat with that crazy string octopus toy
He's got a lot of string toys with prey on the end (the prey tends to detach fairly quickly)

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

ShadowHawk posted:

I tried everything to get him to not chew cords. Pepper sauce just made them more delicious.

Bailey will do the same. You just have to discipline them. Also they make some sort of sour apple stuff if the pepper sauce isn't working.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Crankit posted:

HA! Caught you, you forgot to apply a texture to the cars mirror.

lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

First day back at work, hope Puddington doesnt mind too much and destroy everything I own in revenge.

Also, last night I left the sliding bathroom door closed but unlocked and I was surprised to see a fuzzy cat wandering around the apartment a little later. He'd figured out how to open the door and was exploring on his own. :catstare:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SynthOrange posted:

First day back at work, hope Puddington doesnt mind too much and destroy everything I own in revenge.

Also, last night I left the sliding bathroom door closed but unlocked and I was surprised to see a fuzzy cat wandering around the apartment a little later. He'd figured out how to open the door and was exploring on his own. :catstare:

welcome to the constant battle that is cattitude

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

SynthOrange posted:

that you own? it's all his stuff now

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Maude gets the hand helmet:

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
hey percy

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

do the needful boop

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

please wash your feet, tia
-all cattes

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

sadie and her owner had a less than enjoyable day. she has proven impossible to get into a drat carrier so i found a vet that does house calls to come by today to give her her checkup.

sadie went right into the corner of the room and made drat unhappy yowls, and no amount of coaxing had any effect. she made it very clear that she was not going to be handled at all. even with treats offered and being brushed she was not having any of it. we cracked the door to the room to see if she would perhaps get far enough out to pin down but instead she went from refusing to move one inch to mach 3 and loving bolted right through it in an instant and it was under the bed. so me, vet, and vet tech instead got to commiserate about how some cats are assholes. real glad I paid $130 for that privilege :rolleyes:.

tomorrow she gets a xanax and we try, try again.

look at this smug fucker 10 minutes later:

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

sadie and her owner had a less than enjoyable day. she has proven impossible to get into a drat carrier so i found a vet that does house calls to come by today to give her her checkup.

sadie went right into the corner of the room and made drat unhappy yowls, and no amount of coaxing had any effect. she made it very clear that she was not going to be handled at all. even with treats offered and being brushed she was not having any of it. we cracked the door to the room to see if she would perhaps get far enough out to pin down but instead she went from refusing to move one inch to mach 3 and loving bolted right through it in an instant and it was under the bed. so me, vet, and vet tech instead got to commiserate about how some cats are assholes. real glad I paid $130 for that privilege :rolleyes:.

I think you messed up the YouTube embed I don't see any video

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

i know its kinda "mean" but i wouldn't deal with that poo poo i'd crawl under the bed with oven mitts and scruff that cat

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
a picture in which pepper meets a dog for the first time and really doesnt like it

same dog that got loose a couple of weeks ago, it was out wandering around in 10 degree weather :mad:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

cinnamon what is it

chicken nuggets? nope you can't have them you're fat

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

aw no you made cinnamon cry

feed the noms to cinnamon

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

here are some cats I hope you like them

this is middy, she is 18.5 years old

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

please gently wrap this cat in a blanket

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pudding, how do i even begin to describe your pants situation.

Also hand/ arm status: covered in scratches.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 27, 2014

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

SynthOrange posted:

Pudding, how do i even begin to describe your pants situation.

Also hand/ arm status: covered in scratches.

I daresay....sassy?

iscat, wontfix :unsmigghh:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

how old is Puddington?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Shifty Pony posted:

lol had no idea sadie was such a beast about vets

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Radio! posted:

how old is Puddington?

Shelter says the best guess is about a year.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

oh man, firmly in "bitey shithead" territory then

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

mod sassinator posted:

lol had no idea sadie was such a beast about vets

I am so glad my big cats don't give a gently caress and walk right into the carrier. I have to fight Mr. Boddington, but she's like, the tiniest cat.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Radio! posted:

oh man, firmly in "bitey shithead" territory then

So, 'OUCH' and/or walk away if he bites/scratches too hard is the proper thing to do, right?

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Shifty Pony posted:

just build a carrier which has a sunbeam and opportunity for a bit of a dangle

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

SynthOrange posted:

So, 'OUCH' and/or walk away if he bites/scratches too hard is the proper thing to do, right?

Yep exactly.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

ToastFaceKillah posted:

I am so glad my big cats don't give a gently caress and walk right into the carrier. I have to fight Mr. Boddington, but she's like, the tiniest cat.

Yeah I keep my carrier out and open in my bedroom and sometimes find Carmen napping inside it. It might help to not keep the carrier hidden or put away all the time because then they'll associate bad stuff like the vet with the sight of the carrier.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

heater hidey hole 100% operational

heres the best full shot i could get. still definitely a work in progress, also cat tongue

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

that owns

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I always found the best way to get the cat into the carrier was surprise.

Hello Misty hug hug I love you OH poo poo DROPPED INTO CARRIER YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WAS THERE.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
back in the states we had a top-loading carrier, and that was the bomb. way harder for them to hold onto the edges if they're going in vertically and the hole is twice the size (insert generic your mom joke here)

http://www.amazon.com/Petmate-19-In...ing+pet+carrier

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I'm seriously considering just getting a harness for gilbert and taking him to the vet like that because he's such an impossible poo poo about getting into the carrier (I already leave the carrier out all the time but it makes zero difference)

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
we leave the carrier out the day before the appointment so pepper's used to it, all it takes is a treat tossed inside and closing the door behind her. Getting her out at the vet is a different matter, the phrase "pouring out frozen molasses" comes to mind.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I have to sneak attack Kasumi. Often she'll notice I have shoes on in the afternoon and know something is up. God damnit cat stop being smart. Bailey is much easy to crate as she is a big sissy.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

walt is my friend and my fuzzy buddy but he will do what i loving tell him to do, and as much as he hates it he is put into the goddamn carrier because i saved his life

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

also helps to leave the carrier sitting out for a day or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That cat may be one eyed, but I always think he's winking.