Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krooj
Dec 2, 2006
My body is ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Lube; Acquired.

Gonna press Order so hard at Adorama once the buy links go live. This and the 10-24 :snoop:

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fapping material:

* Full time MF assist, full time zoom in MF aid, different peeking color
* New flash system
* real time twitter, flickr upload
* A more flexible EVF eye sensor (for example, allowing the EVF to turn on sooner and turn off the LCD later, or just allow eye sensor when I turn LCD off)
* new firmware announcement for XE1

I am counting on you Fuji!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I know everyone is masturbating furiously over the XT1 but I just can't bring myself to. I think part of it is that I'm so happy with my X-E1 that I'm having trouble getting excited over a new body. Not that I'm not saying this X-T1 won't be the greatest thing since sliced bread, I mean.

I think I'm more happy about the fact that Fuji is making awesome poo poo and establishing a great name and track record for themselves.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Musket posted:

Dont bet on it. On par with X100s/XE2 due to the fact its the same sensor is my bet. Rumor has it, the VF on the XT1 will be similar to the F3hp in terms of awesomeness :snoop: Huge hump: Justified. if true

Just get a 200bux 4k camera http://www.eoshd.com/content/9806/nikon-v1-shooting-4k-60fps-raw-for-200 :toot:

Holy poo poo that's amazing. Lookit that HD beard hair.

ChirreD
Feb 21, 2007
Dutch, baby!
The X-T1 is tempting, but the X-E1 is still amazing.
X-E2 owners, is the better AF really worth it?

krooj
Dec 2, 2006

ChirreD posted:

The X-T1 is tempting, but the X-E1 is still amazing.
X-E2 owners, is the better AF really worth it?

TBH - from owning the X-E1 and playing with the 2 briefly, the better EVF and screen, along with other haptic improvements were more noticeable than the AF speed.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Musket posted:

Lube; Acquired.

Gonna press Order so hard at Adorama once the buy links go live. This and the 10-24 :snoop:

Same here, I already dropped the pre-order fee at the camera shop. I really hope the release date is February.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
I've masturbated myself raw over here and there is still 3 hours to go until the announcement.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

xgalaxy posted:

I've masturbated myself raw over here and there is still 3 hours to go until the announcement.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Martytoof posted:

I know everyone is masturbating furiously over the XT1 but I just can't bring myself to. I think part of it is that I'm so happy with my X-E1 that I'm having trouble getting excited over a new body. Not that I'm not saying this X-T1 won't be the greatest thing since sliced bread, I mean.

I think I'm more happy about the fact that Fuji is making awesome poo poo and establishing a great name and track record for themselves.

I love my X-E1 to death but it has a lot of shortcomings which I hope X-T1 will fix.

Mainly:

*Autofocus on the X-E1 is slow as poo poo. I don't really trust the autofocus to work on my first try with it if I am shooting something I have 4-5 second window to shoot. The camera really shines when you can take the time to compose your shot. I am hoping X-T1 will finally have something close to the "worlds fastest autofocus" Fuji has been claiming for years.

*EVF on the X-T1 should be a huge upgrade over X-E1. I am hoping it will give me better manual focus aid. X-E1 is poo poo with manual focus because what you see is definitely what you don't get based on all my tests.

*Iso dial hell yes :snoop:

If it is not a noticeable upgrade in those I will hold on to my X-E1 since I love the camera even with it's shortcomings.

One hour to go till we find out! :f5:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Here we go :pcgaming:

http://www.fujirumors.com/wake-up-its-real-x-t1-announced-live-blogging-press-realease-pre-orders-and-more/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9twe5Hci3kk

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My favorite parts of the camera:

* Forehead looks great, reminds me of the Contax SLR prism. Fuji rips off the best stuff. Hopefully XPro2 get rip of of slated top and copy G2 straight up.

* Eye sensor works on the EVF only mode now! Yay!

* 6 programmable buttons! Hard shooting-mode and meter-mode switches!

* Dual view mode for MF. I wonder if its possible to add it to XE1/XE2?

* Same battery

* Time lapse and smartphone live view, this brings parity to NEX bodies.

Disappointments:

* blanketing only do +- 1EV max?

* no new remote flash system :(

Overall its the best body to get if you plan to get a couple zoom lens.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I'm pretty tempted to sell my X-E1 body and pick it up, keeping my 18-55 and 55-200 (at least until the 2.8 lenses drop).

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Has anyone here used the Zeiss 85mm/1.4 on a Fuji X body by any chance? Would love to hear your opinions.

--

Regarding the X-T1, it looks really good. I am very tempted to place a preorder tomorrow. Mainly interested in the new EVF/flip screen and the remote control. The water resistance doesn't look anywhere near Em-1 from the reviews I read. I will wait to see if there is a video of the xt1 running under a hot shower before I believe the weather resistance.

Very disappointed that the video is 30/60fps only, where is my 24fps video mode fuji?

keyframe fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 28, 2014

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

whatever7 posted:

Overall its the best body to get if you plan to get a couple zoom lens.

only because it says FUJIFILM on it

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Despair posted:

only because it says FUJIFILM on it

Well I mean within XF systems. Claim down.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

whatever7 posted:

Overall its the best body

Oh, you flatter me.

ChirreD
Feb 21, 2007
Dutch, baby!

krooj posted:

TBH - from owning the X-E1 and playing with the 2 briefly, the better EVF and screen, along with other haptic improvements were more noticeable than the AF speed.

Hmm bummer. I really enjoy the X-E1 but I wouldn't mind a camera that locked on better. X-T1 hopefully fixes that then :-)

Edit:
X-T1 hands on: http://fujifilmblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/hands-on-with-the-fujifilm-x-t1/
X-T1 on techradar: http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/digital-slrs-hybrids/fuji-x-t1-1217506/review#articleContent
Another: http://www.keithlowphoto.com/2014/01/fujifilm-x-t1-launched-lots-of-sample.html

ChirreD fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jan 28, 2014

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Oh no, 3step bracketing only. Ohh god how will i ever caluc... oh, ill just do it manually. If you cant do the math to remove or add stops, well lol on you. :snoop:

You can also put the camera in 3stop bracketing mode then move the EV switch 1 stop up or down and continue your HDR base image collecting. People who really hate the limitations of 3step bracketing are usually people who are also very bad at hdr. Its the loudest crowd on most Fuji forums.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

My favorite part is that fuji's releasing a weather sealed body with no weather sealed lenses to go along with it.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

My favorite part is that fuji's releasing a weather sealed body with no weather sealed lenses to go along with it.

18-135 and 16-50 2.8 are sealed and will release in spring. Read a book.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I'm kind of pissed this didn't get announced last year, because as much as I like my E-M1, I probably would've bought an X-T1 instead of it. Oh well, the E-M1 is still good, and at least I can actually work on its RAWs in DxO... Just got Oly's 60mm Macro; might as well go hog wild with the M4/3rds system - maybe I'll just get the successor to the X100s.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Musket posted:

18-135 and 16-50 2.8 are sealed and will release in spring. Read a book.

Potentially months after the body comes out! Fuji should have waited to release this until the lenses were ready if they actually cared about weather sealing.

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."

Mr. Despair posted:

Potentially months after the body comes out! Fuji should have waited to release this until the lenses were ready if they actually cared about weather sealing.

They didn't want to kill off Olympus with one blow, better to drag it out.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

Fuji should have waited to release this until the lenses were ready .

Stupid fanboism aside, that would have been pretty stupid.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

They also should have waited because this new camera makes the X-E2 look like crap, and only a couple of months after the latter's release. There's tons of butthurt posters who bought the X-E2 on a German photography forum I frequent.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

It's a fuji plot to increase their market share by flooding the used market with cheap XE-2s when all the rich early adopters upgrade.

krooj
Dec 2, 2006

Wengy posted:

They also should have waited because this new camera makes the X-E2 look like crap, and only a couple of months after the latter's release. There's tons of butthurt posters who bought the X-E2 on a German photography forum I frequent.

Tough loving poo poo. The X-E2 is geared towards a different price point and user than this newer body. I have to read this thread assuming jokes, cause it's an otherwise insufferable gear circle-jerk.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

krooj posted:

Tough loving poo poo. The X-E2 is geared towards a different price point and user than this newer body. I have to read this thread assuming jokes, cause it's an otherwise insufferable gear circle-jerk.

I tend to agree, just reporting what I read. I do think that Fuji's product and pricing strategy is a little weird, though. I mean, the price difference between the two kits is only 300€ in Germany, which would certainly make me mad if I'd bought an X-E2 a month ago.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

You guys do realize an almost 30% price difference sets them in pretty different markets for the vast majority of people, right?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Fart Car '97 posted:

You guys do realize an almost 30% price difference sets them in pretty different markets for the vast majority of people, right?

Serious question, not trolling: faced with a choice between the X-E2 and the X-T1, knowing that for a premium of only 300 eurobucks you get weather sealing, a vastly superior EVF (best on the market), much faster AF/C-AF and continuous shooting, (arguably) better ergonomics, an ISO dial, a view mode switch and a tilting screen - who would go for the X-E2? I certainly wouldn't. There's not enough differentiation there IMHO; that's an understandable, albeit whiny complaint from someone who bought an X-E2.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wengy posted:

You know. XE1 was the only new body I brought in last 5 years. Before that I was on various used Nikon, Sony and Sigma digital bodies. Can't say I regret it because first I could afford it and second I am personally completely on broad Fuji's high end prime lens design and retro compact body philosophy.

However XE1 manage to become one of the fastest depreciated bodies. It went from 1000 to 500 (black friday special) in just 1 year. No more new released body for me. I will spend the money on lens. XE1 is good enough as it is.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Wengy posted:

Serious question, not trolling: faced with a choice between the X-E2 and the X-T1, knowing that for a premium of only 300 eurobucks you get weather sealing, a vastly superior EVF (best on the market), much faster AF/C-AF and continuous shooting, (arguably) better ergonomics, an ISO dial, a view mode switch and a tilting screen - who would go for the X-E2? I certainly wouldn't. There's not enough differentiation there IMHO; that's an understandable, albeit whiny complaint from someone who bought an X-E2.

I would because they matter to me, but I think for a lot of people buying into a system for the first time, that $300 does matter.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
The XE1 is a great body. The XE2 was a great test of the cisgender sensor of the X100s which was a test platform for the XT1 which will be a test platform for the Xpro2 which will lead to the FF X200fx which will lead to the XE3. Hope some canon fanboy doesnt compare the fuji product line up being similar to what canon does with their shitsensors by shoving them into as many bodies as possible and calling it an upgrade.

At least the X bodies have enough differences to give one a clear indication if they need to upgrade.

I am only going up the ladder for the sealing, dual card slots and ease of MF glass use. The only X glass i plan to use at all is the 18-55 and the 10-24. I am not worried about lens sealing. In the past I have had plenty of sealed DSLR bodies without sealed glass in wet places without any problems. The XE1 while good in mist and light rain, doesnt seem like it would hold up to some weather situations i get myself into sometimes. The XT1 will.

I may in time drop the 18-55 for the 16-50 WR 2.8 but as of now, I have no need for it.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Musket posted:

The XE1 is a great body. The XE2 was a great test of the cisgender sensor of the X100s which was a test platform for the XT1 which will be a test platform for the Xpro2 which will lead to the FF X200fx which will lead to the XE3. Hope some canon fanboy doesnt compare the fuji product line up being similar to what canon does with their shitsensors by shoving them into as many bodies as possible and calling it an upgrade.

At least the X bodies have enough differences to give one a clear indication if they need to upgrade.

I am only going up the ladder for the sealing, dual card slots and ease of MF glass use. The only X glass i plan to use at all is the 18-55 and the 10-24. I am not worried about lens sealing. In the past I have had plenty of sealed DSLR bodies without sealed glass in wet places without any problems. The XE1 while good in mist and light rain, doesnt seem like it would hold up to some weather situations i get myself into sometimes. The XT1 will.

I may in time drop the 18-55 for the 16-50 WR 2.8 but as of now, I have no need for it.

It doesn't have dual card slots btw.

I am going to be upgrading for the EVF, remote control and the AF improvements. Those are all immediate upgrades from the XE1 that I can justify the upgrade. I will probably keep my xe1 to use as a second body.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

keyframe posted:

It doesn't have dual card slots btw.

I am going to be upgrading for the EVF, remote control and the AF improvements. Those are all immediate upgrades from the XE1 that I can justify the upgrade. I will probably keep my xe1 to use as a second body.

Keep seeing photos of the card bay and keep thinking its got 2 slots for some reason. Not a game changer at all to me. Hopefully the wifi connection app for camera control doesnt suck like the XE2 wifi camera shitapp.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I just pre-ordered it :getin:. Current plan is to sell the X-Pro 1 and go X100s/XT-1.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 28, 2014

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

Wengy posted:

The same could be said for Nikon: D3200 vs D5200 vs D7100. Or Canon.
Why buy a D3200 when I could get a D7100 for only a couple hundred bucks more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Wengy posted:

whiny complaint from someone who bought an X-E2.

There are enough differences in handling and operation to notice a huge difference. The file output will most likely be the same, but lets not pretend that the XT1 is just an XE2 clone in a new body. I feel there are enough stand out feathers besides sealing to set this camera apart.

Some of those features will probably get tossed into a firmware update to trickle down over time to XE1/2 bodies. Sorry about YOUR buyers remorse.