Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Even better, Lyndie Greenwood has too!

I guess she survives that truck flip, making Death the shittiest Horseman. He's managed to kill what, two loving guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I was wondering why they let that news out because it seems like a major spoiler to what happens, but actually death isn't really that big of a deal on this show, so...

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Maybe she is dead and will serve as a guide between realms more so than ichabod's wife did.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I guess she survives that truck flip, making Death the shittiest Horseman. He's managed to kill what, two loving guys?

Death is so loving petty. He's supposed to usher in the end of the world but all he cares about is Katrina (despite not having a head to do any kissy-kissy with) like a loving schoolboy crush.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Tupping Liberty posted:

I was wondering why they let that news out because it seems like a major spoiler to what happens, but actually death isn't really that big of a deal on this show, so...

Death in this show works the same way as it does in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Maybe he's literally only good at killing by cutting off heads.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

How quickly we forget the Masons.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Despite that incredibly silly truck fli,p I never got the impression that she was supposed to be dead.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I read it as a "well, if we can get the actor back for a reasonable price, we definitely want Jennie back, but if not, we can write her out of the story as well".

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Oasx posted:

Despite that incredibly silly truck fli,p I never got the impression that she was supposed to be dead.

Like I said earlier, I figured she was capital D Dead but would be their new Vague Exposition Contact in Purgatory once things settle back down after the premiere.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I figured if they were definitely going to kill her off, they would've had the horseman go over to the wreck and finish her off.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I know I'm late but Nicole Beharie is absolutely gorgeous. That sweater she was wearing, kind of a charcoal black, when John Cho entered her house at the beginning of Episode 12, was marvelous.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

escape artist posted:

I know I'm late but Nicole Beharie is absolutely gorgeous. That sweater she was wearing, kind of a charcoal black, when John Cho entered her house at the beginning of Episode 12, was marvelous.

I'm always noticing her clothes. Whoever does their costuming has drat good taste. There are several things they've put Abbie in I'd want for myself. I'd probably never pull it off nearly as well but whatever. I'm glad they aren't dressing her in the typical 'lady detective' pantsuit.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 29, 2014

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

nooneofconsequence posted:

How quickly we forget the Masons.

That was a ritual mass suicide.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Is anyone else having a hard time convincing their friends and acquaintances that this show is worth watching? It goes something like:

"So what's it about?"
"Well, time-traveling Ichabod Crane buddy cop duo. The headless horseman is a horseman of the apocalypse, and gets machine guns and stuff."
"Uh, that sounds absolutely awful."
"Yeah, it is, but it's also unbelievably good!"

It's just hard to explain in casual dialog why this show is any good. At best I can convince someone that it has a hilarious gimmick, but that's not usually enough to start them watching. I think I'm going to experiment with pitching it as "National Treasure the TV Series But Better."

speng31b fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 29, 2014

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

speng31b posted:

Is anyone else having a hard time convincing their friends and acquaintances that this show is worth watching? It goes something like:

"So what's it about?"
"Well, time-traveling Ichabod Crane buddy cop duo. The headless horseman is a horseman of the apocalypse, and gets machine guns and stuff."

It's just hard to explain in casual dialog why this show is any good. At best I can convince someone that it has a hilarious gimmick, but that's not usually enough to start them watching. I think I'm going to experiment with pitching it as "National Treasure the TV Series But Better."

I've found that National Treasure meets Fringe works pretty well.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WarLocke posted:

Death is so loving petty. He's supposed to usher in the end of the world but all he cares about is Katrina (despite not having a head to do any kissy-kissy with) like a loving schoolboy crush.

The Horseman isn't interested in kissy-kissy, he just wants someone to give him head.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

speng31b posted:

"So what's it about?"

I play up the strength of and chemistry between the leads and point to Orlando Jones' twitter feed to show just how much fun it seems the actors are having with the show. I also rave about how gorgeous Abbie and Jennie are. Once I mention that John loving Noble is a part of it (without spoiling the finale of course), my friends tend to start listening. "National Treasure meets Fringe" is pretty drat good, gonna have to start using that.

Jedit posted:

The Horseman isn't interested in kissy-kissy, he just wants someone to give him head.

This made me laugh more than it should have :P

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just told people John Noble is in it. Worked every time.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Am I missing something or does this list of the TV shows / movies that Sleepy Hollow shares a common source with start getting weird about 1/2 way down?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

johntfs posted:

I've found that National Treasure meets Fringe works pretty well.

I've used 'Like Grimm only better' before.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Astrofig posted:

I've used 'Like Grimm only better' before.

I've used 'Like Grimm only completely different'. Hey it worked. :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Give the guy a break, he has no head and his brains rotted out of his skull 200 years ago. Considering his condition he does pretty well. Making fun of the disabled isn't cool.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Plus how is he to know that someone can survive a truck flipping? He hasn't flipped a truck before. Next time he'll do better.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
He'll make sure to pour gas on it, light it up, and walk away from the explosion like a cool guy.

Not that he has anything to look at it though. :(

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

He'll just wedge a pair of sunglasses into his esophageal hole.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

For some reason I thought that Headless couldn't be out in daylight? It was day time when he flipped the truck.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

KilGrey posted:

For some reason I thought that Headless couldn't be out in daylight? It was day time when he flipped the truck.

It was daytime during a total eclipse of the sun when he flipped the truck.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

ookiimarukochan posted:

Am I missing something or does this list of the TV shows / movies that Sleepy Hollow shares a common source with start getting weird about 1/2 way down?

Are you talking about The Wind in the Willows? That's probably on there because Disney paired its cartoon version of Sleepy Hollow with the it, they call it The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad and it's the only way to buy it now.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Compendium posted:

He'll make sure to pour gas on it, light it up, and walk away from the explosion like a cool guy.

Not that he has anything to look at it though. :(

Haven't you played borderlands 2? If you want to really look like a badass, you have to walk away and let the thing explode behind you without turning around to look at the explosion. Only pussies look at stuff as they blow it up.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Tupping Liberty posted:

Are you talking about The Wind in the Willows? That's probably on there because Disney paired its cartoon version of Sleepy Hollow with the it, they call it The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad and it's the only way to buy it now.

Besides both being literature, I have no idea how Disney decided to put those two stories together and it's bugged me for my entire life.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

El Tortuga posted:

Besides both being literature, I have no idea how Disney decided to put those two stories together and it's bugged me for my entire life.

It's Disney. Anyone trying to know the mind of the Mouse will soon descend into stark madness.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Season 2 is going to be 15 - 18 episodes.

Kind of mixed feelings on this, but as long as they can keep the quality up during the long season, I'll all for it.

I do miss having this show on my TV every week.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Sleepy Hollow returns Sept. 22 at 9/8c! :dance:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Yay!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Looks like Ichabod made it out of the branchy grave.. here's a video preview from next season that teaches us he hates credit cards and bank pens.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/video-sleepy-hollow-ichabod-hates-721180

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I think I'd watch this show even if it was nothing but Tom Mison doing 40 minute monologues about how much the modern world sucks.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

johntfs posted:

I think I'd watch this show even if it was nothing but Tom Mison doing 40 minute monologues about how much the modern world sucks.

"In MY Day" by Ayn Rand?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

BreakAtmo posted:

"In MY Day" by Ayn Rand?

It's like the John Galt speech only funnier and less offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I just keep getting 'this content is currently unavailable' when I try to play the video. Can't find it on youtube either, oh well...

• Locked thread