Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I have everything for Oberon except the blueprint for the whole thing but I just need like 10k more credits for that so I should get it tonight. Nova is pretty fun. She's really fast but obviously a glass cannon. I died more as her last night than I have with volt since I got him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sandweed posted:

High level survival missions is the closest we get to endgame content, 4 ninjas vs the world. I guess that if you only want to play optimal and hate fun he's not very good.

I hate to play optimal and love fun but I still couldn't stand him. For characters that aren't great but are fun to play Ember is way flashier and awesomer.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Sab669 posted:

Is there a way to find out what planets have more people looking to do missions? The UI in this game is loving garbage. Frustrating waiting forever to try and find a party for the next mission I need to do.

Yes, on the planet overview there should be a meeple icon with a number next to it; that's how many groups are active on that planet. Each node will have the same thing going on. I think that groups that are full do show up but groups that have finished the objective don't, and I'm not sure what's going on when there's a nightmare node (if the number is total groups, nightmare groups, or regular groups)

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Evil Canadian posted:

I am only on the second set of planets so far(after mercury) but I am guessing that there isn't many people on during the late hours then? Tried 3 different missions and waited 5 minutes to not getting joined up with anyone, kinda a bummer :(

When it comes to regular planetary missions and "clearing the board" for each planet, it's harder to find people to group up with in general, regardless of the time of day.

As long as you're not running a brand new frame or an underpowered weapon, you might as well start the mission solo and hope for others to join. People will be more likely to join in if they see that someone's already playing.

In general, most people stick to alerts, infestation/invasion events, survival/defense/mobile defense missions and boss fights because that's where the bulk of the rewards are.

VVVV: This is very true. Level up a Rhino or Loki frame and then you'll be able to solo through most of the early planets with no problem. There are other frames good at soloing but those in particular have high survivability and are easier to obtain when you're first starting out.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 28, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm usually down to run normal missions. However, your best bet is to tag along with some goons running Kiste and vacuum up absurd amounts of xp and then run the planet missions yourself once everything you own is level 30 from kiste runs.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Sandweed posted:

The Lato is actually pretty good, it's just that people have poo poo mods when they use it.

aklato is a straight upgrade, much like braton is to mk-1

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I got Volt and he's my new favorite because he's creepy and fey. Are either of his helmets any good? Also I have no idea how to spec him.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Spaceman Bill posted:

I got Volt and he's my new favorite because he's creepy and fey. Are either of his helmets any good? Also I have no idea how to spec him.

No special rules to modding Volt. He benefits from every power enhancing mod (strength improves Shock, Speed, and Overload; Range improves Shock and Overload; duration improves shield and speed; efficiency improves everything) and has no specific playstyle demands that encourage you to use any of the weird situational mods. If you've got Fleeting Expertise, then don't worry too much about tanking your power duration. With all the efficiency you can just continually recast Speed, and Shield generally won't need to stick around for long periods of time anyway--just put it up to squeeze out some extra damage of large groups.

Either or his alternate helmets are good. Pulse is probably the weaker of the two, sacrificing shields for duration (nice but non-critical), while Storm sacrifices stamina (who gives a poo poo?) for power strength.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Chubbs posted:

When it comes to regular planetary missions and "clearing the board" for each planet, it's harder to find people to group up with in general, regardless of the time of day.

As long as you're not running a brand new frame or an underpowered weapon, you might as well start the mission solo and hope for others to join. People will be more likely to join in if they see that someone's already playing.

In general, most people stick to alerts, infestation/invasion events, survival/defense/mobile defense missions and boss fights because that's where the bulk of the rewards are.

VVVV: This is very true. Level up a Rhino or Loki frame and then you'll be able to solo through most of the early planets with no problem. There are other frames good at soloing but those in particular have high survivability and are easier to obtain when you're first starting out.

My three friends got me into the game, but I'm working from home and don't actually have work to do :v: Normally I've got a full party to play with. Only 3 days in and I have an Excal that's 30 and I'm working on Mag, now. Didn't do so well with such low shields and such when I said "gently caress it I'll just start and maybe someone will join".

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

My three friends got me into the game, but I'm working from home and don't actually have work to do :v: Normally I've got a full party to play with. Only 3 days in and I have an Excal that's 30 and I'm working on Mag, now. Didn't do so well with such low shields and such when I said "gently caress it I'll just start and maybe someone will join".

Yeah you may want to stick with your Excal if you're just trying to clear out missions solo. If you want to get your Mag up to snuff, run survival or defense with it a few times. You'll be much more likely to find groups of pubs to play with.

Alternately, if you're in the clan, find a goon who can invite you to a high level run and protect you. You'll rack up XP like crazy.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
What mods do you need to use trinity nowadays, is link not worth using anymore?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Constitution [+28% Power Duration, +40% Knockdown Recovery]
Continuity [+30% Power Duration]
Narrow Minded [+99% Power Duration, -66% Power Range]
+whatever else you want. Flow probably helps as Fleeting Expertise is a no no.

Get her Aura helmet for more duration also. It decreases the range of Link, but eh, that isn't a biggy imo. Still makes you CC immune.

You can also cast Well of Life on a target, then wait for it to just about wear off (which with the above mods takes a painfully long time) and cast Energy Vampire on that target. Energy Vampire causes 10% Max HP ticks in damage on its' target, while Well of Life gives a target 10x HP - the energy vampire ticks work off what the HP was at the time of cast. This is utterly pointless for a level 10 infested, but on a level 75 Bombard/Napalm/Heavy Gunner/Corpus Tech etc, it is pretty handy.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
On the PS4, is the only place to get Ember Prime parts on Tower Captures like the wiki says(it doesn't say PC or PS4 though)? I took a Rhino with an Ogris into an ODD last night and almost every time we were up for an award it was the main blueprint but never the parts. If it says they show up in Tower Capture would they show up in ODCs as well?

I got a Frost Prime cooking and want an Ember Prime to go along with it but I just can't find parts. Plenty of main blueprints though :(

Evil Canadian posted:

I am only on the second set of planets so far(after mercury) but I am guessing that there isn't many people on during the late hours then? Tried 3 different missions and waited 5 minutes to not getting joined up with anyone, kinda a bummer :(

If the node has the number on the right hand side, people are playing it. I often find that it bugs out and won't load e with them for some reason but usually backing out to the main map and going back in to try again will get it to work. If there's people playing and it doesn't match you within 15 seconds, it's not going to at all so try backing out.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Golgozor posted:

She's better than the terrible pile of poo poo that is Nekros.
Nekros is the most fun I've had playing this dumb game so far and I feel so freed from the terrible urge to care about winning. I just punch souls and desecrate corpses all day and run around as a naked space ninja and giggle like a loon.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I just got a Firestorm card. Under the type it just says Unique. This is the first card I've seen that says that is instead of Warframe/Rifle/Etc. Considering I'm usually using an Ogris or Ignis, this is a wonderful drop for me. How rare is this thing?

*Edit It dropped from something during an Infestation Outbreak at Kiliken on Venus on the PS4.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I wish we had more Uniques. I'd love a mod that adds penetration to only bolt weapons, or range to the range-limited weapons like the Synapse and Ignis, or increased bleed procs on Grineer weapons, or other neat poo poo like that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Spaceman Bill posted:

Maximize power duration and then get rid of all the abilities that aren't Speed.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

I wish we had more Uniques. I'd love a mod that adds penetration to only bolt weapons, or range to the range-limited weapons like the Synapse and Ignis, or increased bleed procs on Grineer weapons, or other neat poo poo like that.

There should be a mod that makes bows shoot boxing glove arrows.

It'd be kind of neat if there was a mod for sniper rifles that let you see through walls when zoomed in, similar to the scanner.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Sleepy Owl posted:

It'd be kind of neat if there was a mod for sniper rifles that let you see through walls when zoomed in, similar to the scanner.

God yes. I've been saying that for weeks. Especially on the Lecta. I want to put Metal Augur, Shred, and that hypothetical mod on it and headshot the boss from the start of the level.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Ajax posted:

Constitution [+28% Power Duration, +40% Knockdown Recovery]
Continuity [+30% Power Duration]
Narrow Minded [+99% Power Duration, -66% Power Range]
+whatever else you want. Flow probably helps as Fleeting Expertise is a no no.

Get her Aura helmet for more duration also. It decreases the range of Link, but eh, that isn't a biggy imo. Still makes you CC immune.

You can also cast Well of Life on a target, then wait for it to just about wear off (which with the above mods takes a painfully long time) and cast Energy Vampire on that target. Energy Vampire causes 10% Max HP ticks in damage on its' target, while Well of Life gives a target 10x HP - the energy vampire ticks work off what the HP was at the time of cast. This is utterly pointless for a level 10 infested, but on a level 75 Bombard/Napalm/Heavy Gunner/Corpus Tech etc, it is pretty handy.

Fleeting Expertise is far from a no-no on Trinity. Dropping a chunk of duration (like 25% of your total--no big deal) in return for quartering your energy cost (with Streamline) is very much worth it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Man, I need Narrow Minded for my Valkyr, judging by that. Those three mods combined will make Hysteria last forever.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Male Man posted:

Fleeting Expertise is far from a no-no on Trinity. Dropping a chunk of duration (like 25% of your total--no big deal) in return for quartering your energy cost (with Streamline) is very much worth it.
If you put on both Constitution and Continuity you can have max efficency (rank 4 FE and streamline for 75% efficency and -50% duration) and still have +8% duration over your default. If you're willing to lose some range (which only affects energy vampire and link anyway) Narrow Minded can increase that further.

Sleepy Owl posted:

If this mod existed I'd potato my Lanka in an instant.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Male Man posted:

Eh. The reality is I completely don't require Fleeting on Trinity, so why bother with the -60% duration. If you are running out of energy on her, you're doing somethin wrong.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
So you can pop into a pubbie match, press 4 immediately, and save the day.

I do that a lot more than is reasonable to expect.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Kokoro Wish posted:

Man, I need Narrow Minded for my Valkyr, judging by that. Those three mods combined will make Hysteria last forever.

I've actually been trying out a build with Valkyr that involves low-duration + cheap hysteria along with Vitality and Vigor (no redirection because it is awful on Valkyr) as well as Rage. Sometimes hysteria lasts too long and this is my half-assed way to control my hysteria use. So the point of the build is high HP and low shields so rage kicks in should you need energy.

I'm still in the loving-around phase. But so far it's kinda ok because I'm pretty much treating hysteria like a heal/panic button rather than an offensive ability. At least for me it makes Valkyring around a bit more bearable.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I spend the majority of Valkyr combat punching dudes and tossing out Ripline. She's probably not great at higher difficulties but she's a lot of fun otherwise.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Doji Sekushi posted:

I've actually been trying out a build with Valkyr that involves low-duration + cheap hysteria along with Vitality and Vigor (no redirection because it is awful on Valkyr) as well as Rage. Sometimes hysteria lasts too long and this is my half-assed way to control my hysteria use. So the point of the build is high HP and low shields so rage kicks in should you need energy.

I'm still in the loving-around phase. But so far it's kinda ok because I'm pretty much treating hysteria like a heal/panic button rather than an offensive ability. At least for me it makes Valkyring around a bit more bearable.
Valkyr is probably the only frame I'd seriously consider taking Steel Fiber on because of a combination of her armour is high enough for it to actually make a difference and shields low enough that you'll be taking hits to your health a lot (and making Redirection useless). If I recall at max level you go from taking 50% damage (at base armour) to around 32/33% damage which is a ~50% increase in effective health on your overall total. Of course, this would require you to get Steel Fiber to max, effort which is probably better spent getting a Serration/Hornet Strike/Redirection/some other mod with 10 ranks to max instead.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Doji Sekushi posted:

This is what I'm doing on my Valkyr and I'm even slowly maxing out Steel Fiber. Basically she's an HP tank because Hysteria attacks heals HP instead of shield. I'm actually enjoying her more than Nekros, which made me feel like a street beggar (omg omg scrounge for more stuff from the baddies, omg omg call your dumb friends if baddies are too many!). At least this way she plays differently than the other frames even if she's not optimal.

The only thing I hope they'd improve (other than the poo poo AoE that relies on Shield) is adding a small Blast component to Hysteria so when I'm pummeling dudes into paste some of their corpses would get blown far away.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Have they elaborated much on how "melee weapon as your primary" is gonna work? I think it would be cool as hell if they made the old "melee" slot a sort of "always accessible with E" weapon slot instead, so you could DMC style shoot dudes while slashing them up. Not that the melee is likely to end up being that inspired.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Bruc posted:

Have they elaborated much on how "melee weapon as your primary" is gonna work? I think it would be cool as hell if they made the old "melee" slot a sort of "always accessible with E" weapon slot instead, so you could DMC style shoot dudes while slashing them up. Not that the melee is likely to end up being that inspired.

Pretty sure they said the E as a quick melee would still exist in melee 2.0, so the melee still won't need to be your active weapon.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I'm surprised how quick these infestation missions build weapon XP. This is great.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bruc posted:

This is what we know (from the last livestream)

Melee 2.0 inital system
-mobility (being able to equip melee weapon, old quick-melee will still exist)
-buffed damage when melee weapon equipped (as well as overall damage buff to melee)
-blocking system buffed when melee equipped
-parrying system for timed counterattacks that trigger executable finishers
-big effects pass on AI for taking damage
-new transition attacks (after jump or after slide attack) to flow better
-giving a choice between attack A or B
-going to add more melee focused enemies over time
-not going to be out in Update 12, but shortly after

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there a trick to fighting Lt. Lech Kril on Phobos or is he just bugged? He doesn't even remotely follow what's listed on the wiki.

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.
:siren: ps4 orikin catalyst blueprint from the corpus invasion, Uranus Rosalind

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Elysiume posted:

Is there a trick to fighting Lt. Lech Kril on Phobos or is he just bugged? He doesn't even remotely follow what's listed on the wiki.
  1. Shoot his backpack until you see a tube pop loose and start flailing around and the light on his pack turns from red to green
  2. Jerk off while you wait for him to freeze himself
  3. After he unfreezes, the light will turn back to red from green and the flailing tube will have disappeared, Repeat from step 1 three more times
  4. After you break four tubes and he freezes and unfreezes himself for the fourth time he'll proceed to stage 2, then shoot in face till dead
It took me forever to learn how to actually beat this boss other than dumping shots into him all day and hoping maybe I did the right thing. In particular I'd keep him busy swinging his hammer and dodging around to shoot him in the back delaying step 2 and prolonging the fight since he's invincible until he unfreezes and gets his shield back.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

Piell posted:

This is what we know (from the last livestream)

Melee 2.0 inital system
-mobility (being able to equip melee weapon, old quick-melee will still exist)
-buffed damage when melee weapon equipped (as well as overall damage buff to melee)
-blocking system buffed when melee equipped
-parrying system for timed counterattacks that trigger executable finishers
-big effects pass on AI for taking damage
-new transition attacks (after jump or after slide attack) to flow better
-giving a choice between attack A or B
-going to add more melee focused enemies over time
-not going to be out in Update 12, but shortly after

Based on the speed of current movement animations, I'm worried that a finisher will just be a death sentence. For both you and your target.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

They should make it dark souls style invincibility while you counter.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
The Grineer have developed some fairly sophisticated anti-espionage tools to deal with Tenno spying.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Frocious posted:

Based on the speed of current movement animations, I'm worried that a finisher will just be a death sentence. For both you and your target.

There are finishers in the game already, and the ones I've used seem quick enough. If course, they don't register very consistently at all, so v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Saturn. Started a capture alone trying to clear nodes to deploy an extractor. Two pubbies join 30 seconds after it starts - both Excalibur's. My damage percentage at the end - 99% :downsgun:

*Edit God damned Stalker! Your supposed to kill me not the hostage. Dick.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jan 29, 2014